You guys normally shit on MCU movies for being Reddit/memes with hyperboles that overblow the actual critique of a...

You guys normally shit on MCU movies for being Reddit/memes with hyperboles that overblow the actual critique of a movie's quality... But this time you were right.

>MY NIPPLES
>RAZORFACE RAZORFACE RAZORFACE
>haha energy catch with my dad who wants to take over the universe
>HIS NAME IS EGO DID YOU GUYS GET IT?! YOU FUCKING MORONS HERES THE JOKE, EAT IT

The Mary Poppins scene, tape scene, and that one other mildly humorous scene would've been great if they were in a better movie that contrastive the moment with grounded emotion rather than slapstick quip humor. I'm so mad.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xm4eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this movie was great
where the fuck is the torrent tho i want to rewatch it.

Ego is a comic character from the fucking 60s you idiot. The Watcher is also in this film, his name is "Uato" which is literally "you ought to" but he can never interfere. You're not being clever as you think, moron.

>This guy had a comic so it excuses the shitty execution
The character being from the 60's doesn't make it good. I didnt know i bought tickets to a Sunday morning cartoon.

Its not saying its good, its saying your criticism of the name is void and its not a "joke" name.
Really? You looked at that poster and trailer and thought you were in for fucking literature, waited until the movie was out of theaters and unavaliable on bluray to make this stupid shitpost about how you didnt like something most people like based on jokes you found unfunny yet remembered after all this time? Shut the fuck up lol. Shit thread, go post this on r/movies where it belongs.

Did you rike the Pacman scene?

The music selection was great tho. I actually bought the cassette for my collection

It's a marketing product not a movie. They first probe their audience for what sells the most and then they make a movie.
To target the most people, they try to appease to the most average crowd and from your life expirience you can probably tell that the general population is dumb as fuck.

TL;DR They make movies for dumb people, because they are the majority of viewers.

This was Kino

I actually thought the ending with the Cat Stevens song was kind of touching.

Do you go to every Marvel thread ? I see this post everyday, did they kill your dog or something?

I wasn't into this movie, but you sound like a retard.

>I'm so mad

oh it's shitty bait, well done (You)

Now that you've enlightened me to the characters origin, it still stands. A living planet named ego that wants to take over everything because it believes it's the best that can be is stupid.

>Well it was the 60's
Not a valid point, stupid shit came out of the 60's.

>You thought it was literature
Putting words into my mouth. I expected SOME taste. Are you criticizing me for not liking a movie you admit is bad? Whats your point? You agree but you wanted to shitpost anyway? Yours as bad as me lol if not worse. Fuck off.

>I didnt know i bought tickets to a Sunday morning cartoon.
the fact that you're an idiot that doesn't research what kind of movie he is about to see (even though there was a fuckton of those movies already and all were ridiculously campy) is not the movies fault

Yeah I'm with you here. These Marvel movies are usually entertaining to me, but this shit was fucking obnoxious. Up there with Age of Ultron for one of the unfunniest and most tryhard MCU movies.

James Gunn can shoot a good looking blockbuster but he cannot write for shit. The "comedy" and characters were just cringeworthy.

No.
Actually this applies to more than only Marvel, pretty much all of Hollywood. MArvel just seems to have slighlty better marketing team.

The fact that Sup Forums likes this movie means this board cannot be trusted anymore.

>Movie can be shit, because other movies are also shit

Yeah, fuck the standards! Why people would wanted them in the first place?

This movie didn't invent Ego the living planet

>lol

>Doesnt do research
>Implying I didn't
Should I have come to Sup Forums where the average opinion is a hyperbolic meme? Multiple friends who enjoyed the first recommended it. I liked the first, it at least paced itself between the quips and jokes.

I'm the only one of my friends who disliked GotG2

OK, so it's not to your taste. If you saw the first one, nothing in this flick should have surprised you.

>James Gunn can shoot a good looking blockbuster but he cannot write for shit.
Counterargument: James Gunn wrote the best capeshit comedy of our generation. No, I'm not talking about guardians, pleb.

This movie is an exaggeration of the first. Nearly a parody. That is the only way they are similar.

That should've been obvious by now. I'm not one to say that all superhero movies are trash, hell I enjoy a lot of them. This board goes way overboard with praising these blockbusters though,. All the kino shit and company wars that used to be memeing, but now retards actually believe it. Overrating shit like GotG 2, BvS and so and so on.

NEVER believe what Sup Forums says, this place is beyond hope by now.

Even Sup Forums is better than Sup Forums now, this board think Thor 2 is good and TDK is bad, the number of MCUck shilling is beyound measure, a lot fo retards here honestly think that homecoming is better than Spiderman 2

>this board think Thor 2 is good

why would you lie on the internet?

the comedy is not that appealing unless you are a kid which might have been what they were going for, but i don't know for sure.

It Tazerface you stupid fucking mongoloid. You think for how annoyed you were with the joke and skit, you would remember it.

There were only two "humorous" parts in the movie that I didnt like, the David Hasselhof scene, and the use of pacman in such an intense scene.

The ambush in forrest scene felt like Loony Toons skit.

i walked out of this movie 20 min in it was so shit, but maybe i should give it another try. the 'jokes' were so cringe I couldn't take it.

>aim for kiddy audience with le ebin quip humor
>most of the jokes are about sex, death, or existential crises
I don't get it

it's reddit and memes, you don't need to have seen the movie to cry about it.

Well, you're never too young or too old for little bit of good ol' suffering.

sure you did, thx for blog

>every joke in the movie goes on for at least 30 seconds longer than it should
>literally every serious/dramatic/intense scene is interrupted by one or more stupid fucking jokes or quips
>MUH RETRO
>Jokes are facebook minion-tier unfunny and make everyone look like a memespouting retard
Yeah no, this movie has some of the worst dialogue ever

Ego is his name because he is an object that has developed conscious thought and a sense of self. The literal definition of ego. Come the fuck on, even I see the movie as reddit but I still know that.

it's tazerface you dumb fucking sloth

Really? The big 'MARVEL' made you think it was an undiscovered Blavotsirnip meditation piece on the duality of man and son set against the realities of Ukranian subsistence farming?

Or are you just a tryhard faggot who is arguing with the wind that comic films are *GASP* not all that deep or clever?

STOP
THE FUCKING
PRESSES

His name is Taserface, you retard.

And there's a reason why he's called Taserface.

No I didnt admit its bad, its simple nameplay from a simpler time and you're acting like you're assblasted over it. You don't like it, big fucking whoop, its not for you. The jokes you criticized have proper setup, payoff, and timing, you didn't think its funny, stop the presses. The movie is not in theaters or on home video, why did you make this post? Oh right, because the movie is popular and well liked so you being overly negative will get replies from other similarly "upset" people. If the movie was critically panned you wouldn't have made this post, I don't think i'm worse than you for trying to be reasonable and giving you an explanation and I respect Gunn for respecting the comics whereas most people would of gone "Ego the lviing planet? Thats stupid, make him a cloud" like they did with Galactus. Everything in your OP was apparent from every aspect of the marketing material, if anything the jokes had worse delivery in the marketing because of how they were edited. So I say again, you went into a film you clearly fucking wouldn't like and are reporting to Sup Forums that you didn't like it because you didn't think it was funny. In my mind that just makes you look stupid. Your mindset will remain unchainged no matter the reply, so in other words, shitpost. There is no discussion to be had with your scathing criticism of "it's stupid". I refer you to r/movies again, they'll hear you out bud. Stay there while youre at it.

Here's a better story with Ego if you're interested, i'm guessing you're not but whatever I like not just shitposting.
dailymotion.com/video/xm4eo

>NEVER believe what Sup Forums says, this place is beyond hope by now.
Sup Forums shits on everything, THAT'S what I don't believe. I've seen far more people here shitting on GotG than not. And I like the movies.

How? The first is beloved for its character moments and criticized for its paper thin plot and villain. This one has more, and better character moments with a proper plot and villain to back it up as well as a better soundtrack that actually relates to the character's emotions. How is it a parody of the first?

So does star lord have cosmic powers now?
And not just a dude with a jetpack?

No, you idiot, he lost them at the end of the movie.