July Comic Book Sales numbers are in

comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-07.html

How long will it last?

We did have a thread yesterday when it was first released.

August is pretty much a gimmie for DC with Harley, Suicide Squad, and All-Star Batman. And no Civil War 2.

It's probably going to level off to similar levels that the New 52 had.

no, dc is gonna win this time

>going to level off to similar levels that the New 52 had
This. FFS, just look at the issue numbers: there's only a single issue in the Top 20 that's over #5 and even that's just because they reverted the numbering of 'Tec to 934 when they passed #52 (meaning that 936 is actually #3).

I'd be glad that Civil War was doing worse (because it's shit) but it's still got both recent issues in the Top 10 and, more importantly, Justice League is by far the weakest link in the whole Rebirth chain and it's got both of the top slots ...

All this does is reinforce the notion that Big Events and Constant Renumberings are the key to Top Sales.

Everyone knows we won't know the true health of things for about a year. It's still good to launch well though. You're overreacting. Most people are just shocked that DC won the market share numbers with cheaper books and fewer issues shipping

Until Marvel's next relaunch hits.

Sept? Oct? One of those.

Trouble there is that hype-wise it doesn't seem much different from ANAD. One month peak then back to normal on every book.

>fewer issues shipping
Titles. They're double shipping rather than launching more titles.

And don't forget that they gamed the system by having twice the #1's (look at the top two slots: Justice League #1 and Justice League Rebirth #1).

That's not to say that the sales weren't impressive or that it's not a good thing that they learned from the mistakes of Nu52 (too many titles) and DCYou (too many brand new books launched concurrently) or, and I think that this is the most important, that they seem to actually be listening to their fans and giving them what they want by realigning the continuity with what it used to be.

I'm not a partisan who overly favors one side in the DC/Marvel Console Wars ( although I admit that I'm really REALLY fucking sick of the Hero vs Hero bullshit that Marvel's been pushing ); but I'm also not blind to past history.

>hype-wise it doesn't seem much different from ANAD
I'd say it's much lower, actually. Have you looked at the actual titles? They're giving solo books to like half of the Mercs For Money (fucking Solo is getting his own book, ffs!).

It looks like it's going to be Marvel's version of DCYou where they launch a mess of titles and most of them don't even make it past issue 6 or 7.

>Titles. They're double shipping rather than launching more titles.
Double Shipped titles still count for 2 comics shipped. They still shipped a 3rd Less than Marvel, why don't people get that and actually think double shipped titles count for only 1 in the statistics?

jesus you're retarded m8, the fact they double shipped doesnt effect these numbers at all

Not the user but
>Double shipping
>Returnable books
>#1 Inflation
Shops are overordering books

>They still shipped a 3rd Less than Marvel
Yes, I understand that. But my point was that they're leading in SALES because they're literally pushing twice as many issues of BATMAN and JUSTICE LEAGUE in a given month (combined with the Rebirth #001 + next issue also being #001 bumps). What I'm saying is that the numbers are inflated relative to what they got with DCYou or even Nu52 (past the first few issues).

>When the fans are outraged, that means we're doing something that's getting attention and is a bit controversial--and that always leads to better sales for us, always. Whereas when we're doing something that's embraced by fans, the numbers are always soft.
>t.Tom Brevoort

>the fact they shipped Batman Rebirth #1 and then Batman #1 in the same month doesn't effect these numbers at all
>neither does the fact that Batman is now shipping 24 rather than 13 issues a year

>Love both classic Marvel and classic DC

>Love MCU aside from Iron Man 3, (essentially) sidelining Pym and Janet, Thor's lack of a helmet (though I understand the reasoning), Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One (though I understand the reasoning), and Black Valkyrie
>Hate everything about the DCEU aside from casting Cavill

>Hate everything about the past 6 or so years of Marvel Comics
>Starting to warm up very slightly to DC Comics again

wish the garbage aspects of each would just be fixed by true comic book fans being appointed to executive positions in each company

Cap #3 made more money for Marvel than Aquaman #3 made for DC

You can already see that Batman is the only one in the Top Ten that isn't a number 1 issue

>m-muh returnability
>m-muh $4

Your point? Removing the #1 issues, Top Ten would still be dominated by DC

But for some reason Comichron website, not the blog was down after James Mayo and ICv2 got to post their estimates. John Jackson Miller first posted his data on his blog.

>James
John*

at least comichron isn't kill anymore