slow thread at night edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KL99S-XyF8g
youtube.com/watch?v=KPXjixmyOK4&app=desktop
it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emishi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

feeling a bit nervous

have a feeling in my chest that won't go away

Thats understandable, I'd be a bit nervous myself.

yeah desu

As I said, once you get into the groove of things you'll be fine, it's just a sudden change to your daily routine.
Just be thankful they didn't throw you into normal service.

Yeah desu there's always a silver lining.

I get this feeling whenever my routine changes, it shouldn't be new to me

What time do you have to get up in the morning?

Probably 6.30 tomorrow.

But on subsequent days I don't reckon it'll be that early

>Probably 6.30 tomorrow.
Well I am fucking glad it's not me thats doing it.
I am not a morning person, not one bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KL99S-XyF8g

wtf happened to straya?

I'm not either desu
just gotta bear with it

I'll have to leave you by yourself it seems as I'm getting tired now.
I shoulda been asleep fucking hours ago but I just couldn't.

Goodnight singa, tell us how it goes tomorrow.
And goodnight whoever is out there.

Will do, good night desu

*makes a shitpost*

*makes a post about Italy with a picture of Italy*

Poor soul
The destiny of a country :___(

Rather, that's the destiny of a specific girly boy from that country who always claims to be a manly man

Herro
I ate ramen

I miss /balt/+/ausnz/

I add things to my claim though

Hello desu

What things

Hello :)

Proofs

You mean the pictures of yourself dressed like a lewd slut?

And i talked with ma russian fren for almost 4 hours, i found myself using lots of words uniquely used on Sup Forums such as "cancerous", "retarded", and "as fuck"

Don't pick those words xD
What if you want to spoke to older people???

I dress in scale of black

"as fuck" is American-tier
I don't think I use it that often

Hmm
I like black dresscodes

>Dresscodes
But even on casual clothing
Is either black or gray

Yeah I mean in casual clothing desuu

I haven't been in a formal event since forever

But of course I don't have many clothes and I don't go out often so I usually just go with what's available

>What if you want to spoke to older people???
Yes that's the case, i was unconsciously letting those words out of my mouth, which means they've already been fixed deep in my brain. Yeah I'd never use "fuck" in conversation with the elder since it's obviously considered taboo, but what about other unformal words like "kinda", " you know"? I'm not sure if i could still hold them back

Are they gonna provide you outfit where you are going to go?

Why are you still awake?

I think that the important thing is not to use curse words
The rest is easily fixable

Yes desu, a uniform desu

No clue
I'm going to sleep soon

English isn't some strictly hierarchical language like Japanese

"kinda" is literally just how you say "kind of" in real life

Like no one actually says "going to" in real life, you just say "gonna"

like if you refrain from using contractions in formal speech people would think you're being facetious

"I'm" is perfectly fine as are "would've", "you'd", etc

What kind of uniform?
I guess they are gonna provide you with a pink skirt considering your sissi division

shall ignore sports anime posters

especially anime involving barafags

N-no!! J-just a regular military uniform that is green-patterned!!

Isn't that pointless since you are never going to use that?
t. I know nothing about anything regarding the military

I have to wear it to camp every day desu

basically what my basic training (1 month) entails is

>every morning, report to camp
>have a few lectures
>go home at like 6
>rinse and repeat

Yee

True desu, "retard" sounded too strong when i used it
My Ingrish teachaa said contractions should be avoided in formal speech like one at an anniversary, but is it wrong? He literally added a vowel to each word btw, which means he's highly doubtful about his English

And why women can't do that?
In Israel it's mandatory even for them

>contractions should be avoided in formal speech like one at an anniversary, but is it wrong
Literally nonsense
English is a language of the west and it isn't as concerned with respect as Japanese desu

Literally everyone says contractions, it'd sound very weird otherwise

Like "You would" would naturally come out as "you'd", you'd have to try very hard to say both words separately

Israel actually helped us set up conscription desu
Their women have to serve one year less than their men though

In Italy we have the formal speech and the non-formal varian
But in English it doesn't exists, my professor said that talking to a commoner and to the queen of England is basically the same, obv no strange dialects but standard English

This

If you're talking to your professor obviously you don't use slang like "screwed up" and "fuck" but seriously there isn't much of a difference

>language of the west
Not in Italian though, idk for other romance languages

Ooops

Hmm
I think Swedish has two words for "You" but the "formal" one is nearly never used

>Like "You would" would naturally come out as "you'd", you'd have to try very hard to say both words separately
Couldn't be more persuasive desu. Arigato.

What is that Engrish teacher lol
Thx my fren. I mustn't mix Japanese with English lol

Sometimes I feel hesitant to refer to someone older than me in English, adopting "you" instead of some non-existent courteous designation word which i could use in Japanese lol

I don't get if you are interested or not but for example in italian you should never use the "tu" (first person plural) form when talking to stranger but always refer them with "lei" (she, even for males)
Same woth professor or people that stay above you
For particulary entity such the pope you have even to use the "voi" (second person plural)
And the pope (or such great entity) will refer to himself as "noi" (we)

And it's always used, it's perceived as impolite to not use those registries

You just phrase sentences in a more convoluted way, there aren't actually any words

>Can I
becomes, in increasing order of formality
>May I
>Is it possible if I
>May I seek your permission to

>May I seek your permission to
Seriously this sounds too roundabout even for me lol

I never experience that, because I know that the language have none words to use so yeah
But I don't get to talk to people in english very often so maybe that's why

lel
that's probably only used in the military nowadays

*blocks the path of everyone in the thread*
>you need to offer a worthy sacrifice to the кoт goд

Do you this in russian too?

Shall be going to sleep now. I need to wake up six hours from now

will keep you lads posted

>this
*have to do this

Goodnight

>night
its 11:47 AM fucking idiot

>you should never use the "tu" (first person plural) form when talking to stranger
Don't you mean singular, not plural?

Oyasumi

Yeah, it's like that, especially if whoever you're talking to is superior, or a customer or whatever.

Example
With friends or siblings:
Tu sei un in ritardo -> You are late

With people that stay above you (professors, doctors, etc.)
Lei é in ritardo -> You are late

It doesn't changes the meaning but it's a form of respect

>manchester
>MAN CHESTER
>MAN CHEST
>MANLY CHEST
>HAIRY
>jews
EVERY
TIME

So basically only English seems to not have this special language registries
Aside for strange things such as "your majesty"

talk to me when you can afford more than half a flag boychest

>american bants

Yes i understand that second person pronouns are separatedly used depending on the situation, because I learnt French a bit and there's usage similar to Italian (vous and tu).
I meant to say that "plural" is adjective to refer to something more than one, while "singular" is adjective to refer to something single.

So Italian "tu" ( "you" as the only one right?) is singular, not plural, while Italian "voi" (many "you" like you address to an audience right?) is plural.

Yes it is correct
Io (I)
Tu (You)
Lui/Lei/Egli/Ella (He/She/It)
Noi (We)
Voi (You)
Essi (They)

*Loro/Essi
They are synonymous

kek

Yes, and you said
>"tu" (first person plural)
in the previous post.

However, this has to be fixed as
>"tu" (second person "singular")
because "tu" refers to only single person, right? Not plural, just singular.

Maybe i don't have to point out such a trivia

Yes you are right,
Tu (second person singular)
It was a mistake of mine

youtube.com/watch?v=KPXjixmyOK4&app=desktop

By the way
I always wanted to ask this to a japanese...

How are Ainus seen in your countries?
They are different or nowadays they are just like the others japanese people?

I want a Megumin

>Megumin
for me thats the megujew

>How are Ainus seen in your countries?
Sadly, they were all (literally) assimilated to Yamatoids and now there's literally no pure Ainus. Study shows there are about 15000 people who can prove they have Ainu ancestors, but most of them don't think too much of it and are leading a life as a ordinary Japanese. Therefore, there aren't any Ainus in Japan nowadays to be recognized as a different ethnic group. Ainu language native speakers are less than 10 and they will go extinct.

Although their existence will vanish, their culture will be preferred in many pop cultures. i.e many characters who are based on gods from their myth appear in manga and game.

Anyway, we all know there used to be such people in "Hokkaido", but their presence is next to nothing, sadly.
>They are different or nowadays they are just like the others japanese people?
Literally they all got assimilated, so their facial features aren't most likely different from Yamatoids. A few of their hapas have a face a bit different from others, but still we wouldn't notice that their ancestors are Ainus unless they told me the fact.

The only good point is that their decendents are now beginning to feel the need of taking back their identity as Ainus, trying to recover lost cultures.

Japan is said to be an ethnostate, but the fact is that this country has assimilated other ethnicities living on this archipelago whom the Imperial Court and their brethren regarded as different from them.
So we tend to think the Japanese were equal all along, but it's not correct.
i.e other than Ainus and Ryukyuan, also Emishi 蝦夷 (around Tohoku) and 隼人 Hayato (around Kagoshima) can be named.

Hayato
>The Hayato (隼人), which is Japanese for "falcon-people",[1] were a people of ancient Japan who lived in the Satsuma and Ōsumi regions of southern Kyushu until at least the Nara period. Due to the distinct nature of their manners and customs, they frequently resisted Yamato rule. After their subjugation they became subjects of the government under Ritsuryō, and the Ministry of the Military had an office known as the Hayato-shi (隼人司) in charge of their governance. The name also came into use by samurai as a title, hayato no suke (隼人助). In modern times, Hayato is a Japanese male given name.

Emishi
>it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emishi

Morning boys

Moningu

>Yamatoids
You mean the "proper" japanese people from the big island of Japan?
For instance, and correct me of I am wrong, the Yamato people should be an almost perfect mix of Yayoi people (from China) and the Jomon (native to the islands of Japan)

>15000
S-so it's only roughly ~0.1% of the today japanese population O_o
So few, considering that only 10 persons speak the language then that's mean that it's basically already a dead language :(

>Pop culture
At least they resisted modern times so we can archive their culture with modern technique such as digitalize with our modern cameras, it's still sad but we have others disappeared cultures that are sadly lost forever in that sense...

>Faces
So overall they are still similiar to Japanese

Ainu people remind me like our Sardinian in which they are genetically separated from us but now they are basically italian because they have been assimiliated...

Goodmorning

It's the law of nature, the "tribe" that can adapt better and is more successful are going to dominate over other tribes
Even in Italy there were a lot of tribes tjat got assimilated by the Latins (Romans)

Even the Etruscans and the Rhaeti people ,who weren't Indo-Europeans (they were their own branch) got assimilated by Romans

Anyway
Thank you for the insight ^^
I didn't know about Hayato and Emishi people :)

>>Yamatoids
Yamato (大和、Yamatoids) is used when they are discussed in the context of the pre-modern relationship between "people on the mainland" (Honsyu, today's Japanese territory other than Hokkaido and Okinawa) and "people on Hokkaido and Okinawa". You can say Yamatoids are "mainlanders". Today, Okinawans and Ainus were entirely assimilated to mainlanders, so people on Okinawa and Hokkaido are also "Yamatoids". It's like "English, Scottish, and Welsh". However we don't use "Yamatoids" in daily conversation and we usually cite the term when we discuss the old history of the relationship between Mainlanders and islanders (Okinawa and Hokkaido).

Your definition of Yamatoids is also correct i guess, since Jomons and Yayois were mixed on the mainland, which means Yamatoids are hapas of two.

Yeah quite few. You can say technically there's no Ainus in the strict sense.

The restoration of Ainu culture is now under way. but we'll never see a miracle like a recovery of Hebrew language, since decendents of Ainu people don't have such a strong desire.

Maybe your comparison of Ainus as Sardinians is quite nice. However what's important is that the cultural, ethnic difference between Yamatoids and Ainus are much wider than that between Italians and Sardinians. Ainu language is totally different from Japanese language while Sardinian language belongs to Italic languages. Above all, "Ainus had double-lid eyes while many of us have single-lid eyes".

Ainus were completely different. You can say Ainus are like Basques with totally different faces from ours.

Yeah thx :) i can't write English anymore lol. My brain is about to explode lol

Oh
From the Wikipedia article seems like the Emishi were really similiar to Gauls
Were part of it were submitted to Rome (Cisalpine Gauls) and part of it weren't (Transalpine Gauls, modern day France)
For a period of time then were both assimiliated to the empire

While Hayato resemble more like the Greek settlements in the south of the italian peninsula

I know that the history was different for these two tribes but I still see some parallel ^^

Also falcon-people is a cool name,
while Emishi means hairy lol

>Even the Etruscans and the Rhaeti people ,who weren't Indo-Europeans (they were their own branch) got assimilated by Romans
Quite similar to the case of Hayato and Emishi.

Argh this is too interesting but since ()
I don't insist on writing more

Thank you for your time :)

Sad is that most of the Japanese don't know it lmao

One last thing, it is correct that Sardinian language is part of the italic branch but genetically they are pretty distants from us

Sardinia is in the upper left corner