Has Gotham finally jumped the shark?

Has Gotham finally jumped the shark?

It jumped the shark season 1 episode 1.

>implying it had a shark to jump

It jumped the shark on its way in here.

It jumped the shark with lil Joker.

Fair enough. I knew it was retarded, but that was what made it entertaining.

But now they're gone full retard.

Nah, Gotham is fine, other than Donut Steel still existing.

It punched the shark and the shark exploded

Not really. Ivy has always been a weird inhuman plant monster.

...you mean the character that wasn't the Joker? Did you get rused?

>Gotham
>jumping the shark

Are you retarded?

Gotham is literally a fucking soap opera. Ridiculousness has always been a part of the charm.

I wouldn't know, I didn't watch it. I just saw promotional shit and people posting about it here. Thought he was meant to be the joker with the hair and laughing and shit. Whatevs.

>you mean the character that wasn't the Joker?

They already said he'll be back and there's a cult for him. Watch as they turn him into the Joker because he got popular.

Did anyone else laugh the first episode when kid Bruce Wayne screamed? I laughed my ass off

V I V I A N

This show taught me to despise jps even more than I already thought I could

That they need to pull this shit just to scrape the bottom of Batman's lore barrel is a sign that they've run out of creative ideas.

Kek, that's pretty uncanny

That's what I thought too

I like meme!Joker.

Reminds me of the Jokerz from Batman Beyond.

>shit on a show you've never seen for stuff you don't even understand

but why

Shit-show from the get-go

>Not really. Ivy has always been a weird inhuman plant monster.

She's not a plant person there, though. The villain just ages her by a few years.

We don't know what mutated her. The episodes haven't aired yet.

I can tell you for sure it isn't time manipulation though.

They explained it. It's an Indian Hill escapee that kills people by touching them and aging them to death. Ivy just got away before the process was complete.

>>implications

you stole my line, lol

Its literally as if they took the shark that everybody has been jumping over, and they made a show vehicle for it.

Reminder: They are coming...

She is literally the only bad part of the show. Fucking smith influence

That phrase is probably the most misused term related to tv. It refers to a normally mundane show doing something so fantastical that it stands out and makes attempting to go back to regular realistic stories out of place. It isn't a moment you don't like or a point when the direction of the show changes permanently. Something like the scientific minded Bones crossing over with the supernatural Sleepy Hollow is a good example of jumping the shark.
Gotham is far from a normal and mundane setting, so doing yet another fantastic thing isn't going to be out of place.

I don't mind how realistic or fantastic it is. I'm talking about how this was a huge asspull because they weren't happy with the Ivy they chose in the first place.

Why doesn't Sup Forums like this show? I just started watching it, seems fine to me. It's a little over the top, but in a fun way.

Assmad SHIELDcucks

Still not jumping the shark.

>Harley older than both Batman and the Joker

Why? This show gets good ratings and critics and normies love it. Why don't they just wait a few seasons for when the kid playing Bruce is old enough to start being a vigilante instead of just throwing in every single one of his rogues before he's even decided he wants to fight crime?

And so will I.

>Bones crossover with Sleepy hollow
...did that actually happen?

This. You cant even get mad over it anymore considering how far off the rails its gotten though. Its basically a Gordon focused elseworlds, which oddly enough would work great with the mech Gordonbats funded by young Bruce.

the ocean it is in was made of sharks instead of water

Yes, and the acting in both was significantly worse because they all knew how stupid it was.

What ever happened to Sleepy Hollow anyway? I vaguely recall whats her name sent back in time or some shit. Wasnt a religious watcher, dropped it eventually

Gotham is more watchable than Flash or Arrow.

Is that actually in the plans? He has to go and train for years. It would just change the dynamics of the show so much...

They booted the main girl from the show and now I think they just straight up canceled it because they realized another season without her would be shit.

user, just look at how many crazies are already fucking around Gotham. They might as well have shot Bruce in the alley too

Not necessarily, he could go ski-mask vigilante for a while until he decides he needs more training.

Most people like it, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws here and there.

I mean, if they were going to do a Batman show they'd have led off with Batman. Introducing him later on is... bizarre to say the least.

Gordon's supposed to take a famous identity later in the season.

>Gordon becomes Batman, Bruce is his Robin
I'm okay with this, at least it'll make more sense that way.

Probably Matches Malone

Is... is he going to put on a fake mustache?
>Looks good on you, Jim!

Oh God, that's how it starts!

>Something like the scientific minded Bones

they literally had an episode with a ghost way before the crossover ever happened

he will become Commissioner Gordon instead of simply Gordon

but jumping a shark is mundane for a guy like the fonz

You mean the one with the dead kid where the entire episode was from the point of view of his skull? It was pretty heavily implied, but not explicitly confirmed to actually be supernatural. Same with the episode with the witches where a blurry, creepy image was on the tape and the time in New Orleans where she lost her memory and claimed it was drugs that the tests couldn't pick up and not the voodoo spell that was put on her.

>Gordon's supposed to take a famous identity later in the season

I've seen a surprising amount of people outside of this site say they loved the character and was shocked really after seeing how much hate she gets. From all I've seen she is more split down the middle on whether people hate her o not. And it isn't surprising she came back, no matter who the actor is original characters who die early always have a good chance of coming back randomly later on. This show just did it earlier than usual.

Gotham being Batshit insane is the reason why it's so good. Only when it starts appealing to normies is when it will jump the shark.

>implying

Anons, jumping the shark implies that whatever it is actually came back down.

Gotham STARTED jumping the shark somewhere back near the end of S1, but I don't think they've actually come back down yet.

Ergo, it hasn't jumped the shark.

Gotham is waterskiing on top of the sharks.

No. It got it's leg chewed on whilst hanging from a ladder.

Now I need to /r/ a picture of Jim Gordon and Penguin waterskiing on top of sharks together.

Okay, Jerome.

This, if she dies again in this season, the rest of it will likely end up being God-tier.

I just want more Strange.

>I just want more Strange.
I maintain that B.D. Wong is up there with the best castings for comic characters I've seen.

Robin! Fetch the Bat-Shark Repellant!

Perfect response.

>

>SHIELDfags fighting Gothamfags

Jesus Christ, they're both shit, people. Stop fighting for scraps off the adapted media table!

I wouldn't mind rubbing on this poison ivy.