What does Sup Forums think of Milestone?

What does Sup Forums think of Milestone?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110809122948/http://dwaynemcduffie.com/opinions/archives/BTYB10.php
superheroesincolor.tumblr.com/post/111031214065/icon-custom-action-figure-by-loosecollector-hat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Black super-heroes with eletric/cyborg powers.

I like Clark Everlasting.

I read alot of the run when it first came out. They use to have sayings in the titles like "dont start none, wont be none ". Also liked the "big bang" thought it was interesting

Who did you like op? Do you remeber seeing all the number ones on the wall on the fresh prince of belair

Damn, Static is fucking ripped.

I'm actually just now deciding to read their stuff, started with Static don't know what I'll read after that though.

Icon is decent. Static was the best. Guess more like do you like super man? Spider man? Bat man? Outside of the blood syndicate (might got that name wrong) they were pretty unoriginal

I love Static but I don't like the art in his original run . Still a good book.

damn that costume is pretty dope

The coat really makes the costume work but I don't know why.

This is his best outfit. Static is the only Milestone character people seem to care about, next to Icon.

Too bad it'll probably be a long time before he's in anything again.

Way ahead of its time. I've been collecting them lately. I have around 150 of the comics so far. Can't wait for the revival.

I love how he has a bunch of different baseball caps that he wears with his costume

I liked what I've read of Icon and Blood Syndicate

Icon is cool

>This is his best outfit.
Yeah.
Someone needs to find a way to use him in a fun comic. The last thing we need is ANOTHER serious DC book that is dark, on a multiversal level, edgy, and/or ashamed to be a comic book.

Too good for this world.

Fun fact: Icon is Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas's favorite comic book. He collected every issue, stored them in a binder and had his assistants look through them for quotes he could use in his speeches. Dwayne McDuffie (a liberal, despite him writing such a conservative character) got writers' block after finding this out because he didn't want to be responsible for becoming the voice of the black neo-con movement.

web.archive.org/web/20110809122948/http://dwaynemcduffie.com/opinions/archives/BTYB10.php

Icon has the worst costume a Superman-stand-in has ever had, ever.

superheroesincolor.tumblr.com/post/111031214065/icon-custom-action-figure-by-loosecollector-hat

Dwayne was too good for this world.

RIP

The Milestone revival needs to hurry up. I need my Static.

Wasn't is supposed to start last year? I figured DC just balked on it again. And since they will most likely never collect the rest of the series I might have to find the issues I don't have.

Hardware needs a redesign

It's coming back but slowly .I think there reprinting some old stuff soon.

Loved all the main books leading into the Long Hot Summer or whatever that crossover was called. Wouldn't recommend any of them (except maybe Static) past that. Xombie was good too.

It would've been ridiculed here for "pandering" if it came out today but Milestone is one of the most important second tier lines to ever come out in comics

and Icon was Written WELL
he wasnt just some "misguided conservative soul waiting for liberalism to show him the way" or some other heavy handed conservative caricature, he was a well rounded character with a belif system that made sense for him even when chalenged on it like when his sidekick got pregnant

Nah bro, all of these characters are original and well-written. Unlike, let's say the female thor.

Red, black, green, yellow.

Ohhh.

Amen

It can be deadly if you eat it.

We don't.

>had his assistants look through them for quotes he could use in his speeches.
>How many years of law school did I go through to be told to crib from a comic book?

Why does he not like black conservatives? They're the ones that know the liberals are keeping them in the ghetto and dependent on white people.

I really, really hope they bring them back in the revival.