/doag/

Still tomorrow's comic for 30 minutes!

In this strip, Billie is confirmed to be a co-dependent bisexual potato

All glory to Patreanon

Where's Becky?

>Billie will never smash you between her monster thighs.
Why live?

Sniffing Joyce's dirty shirts, I assume.

Bad news, Willis is jumping around again
Good news, Dina just fuckin' wrekt Sarah's shit.

>Without you around my life stops passing the Bechdel Test.

Willis, are you fucking kidding me.

>Strip doesn't have Becky
>Dorothy and Joyce have normal friendly interaction
>My mind inserts Becky's "whoa that sounds lesbianariffic" commentary

Well, great, my brain's broke.

Is Dorthy a parody of dumb college feminists or meant to be a serious character?

How come there aren't dicks drawn everywhere anymore if Ruth didn't do anything about them?

Dorothy was supposed to be Willis' insert for the strong independent female, but then people started pointing out that she was just a bitch most of the time, so he changed her to "girl with glasses #3".

I'm surprised he brought up the bechdel test at all considering how fucking stupid that thing is.

Dorothy is literally "who Willis wants to be some day". Take that as you will.

I assure you next comic will have her busting in making some sort of lesbian-centric remark.

>mlg_teletubbies.avi
>oh-baby-a-triple.wav
>airhorn.jpg

All I see is more opportunity for copying and pasting.

Also, is there any reason for this? Dina's not normally passive aggressive, or at least that's what I've figured her character to be. She seems more like someone who says things bluntly WITHOUT thinking it might be a burn on somebody else.

That or Joyce's mom shows up to be a bitch.

All weekend she's had to listen to Sarah say "When Joyce comes back she'll be sad! When Becky comes back she won't love you! Nothing matters! NOTHING MATTERS!"

I'd be tired of her shit too.

>all weekend
As far as I saw, they barely interacted. Dina tagged along, but after that we dropped right into the whole Carla/Mary thing, didn't we?

Go back and read it again, up until the Carla Mary thing Dina and Sarah don't actually split up.

I mean hell, in story time this all took place only about three hours ago.

shes not passive aggressive but shes made jokes at peoples expense before
its also possible she didnt mean for this to be a burn

Yeah, but this is Willis Time.
Three hours is at least two weeks.

No, I mean the whole Mary trying to stop the RA from finding out about Ruth?

THAT was three hours ago.

>Its been almost half a year and less then a week of in universe time has passed
fuck, I've wasted so much of my life on this comic and its going nowhere

>my life doesn't pass the bechdel test

well Dorothy maybe if you weren't such a frothing racist and believed in eugenics you could make friends with Dina or Black Girl

And that was at least two weeks time.

I'm confused as hell because according to this image, there was a one-week gap between the end of that nonsense and the start of the hospital scene. But I just remembered Joyce's dad was with them at the hospital, as if it was the same day.

Fuck, forgot to upload it.

>seven real-world days later
>real-world
it is still the same day in comic

It was one day.
I probably should have added a small "(but like an hour or two in comic time)" blurb somewhere.

The several days later thing refers to real time. As in, it took like four days for us to get back to Billie and Ruth because Willis put in a couple strips of Danny and Ethan being gay for each other.

She also has a female roommate so it's an especially weird statement. But "lol, so meta' right?

Days in the comic are explicitly different from real-world days, since they are not in the real-world.

>She also has a female roommate so it's an especially weird statement. But "lol, so meta' right?
pretty sure it was a joke

silly user, Willis doesn't know how to make jokes

i mean apparently some of you seem to think so

The joke only comes near to being funny in the meta sense that Dorothy is a supporting character and basically only appears around Joyce or Walky, and sometimes Danny.

>Bechdel test

That's kinda ridiculous considering the last two weeks or so of comics have centered almost entirely around a female cast with only one male that I can recall.

I don't think there's any way this comic could NOT pass the test as I understand it.

she talks to amber a bunch too

to be fair that was something from the comic itself, not just willis randomly namedropping some feminist bullshit

It can be both

Who is Dorothy's roommate? Joyce/Sarah, Dina/Amber, Billie/Sal, Mary/Roz, and Carla has a single.

Dina has Hank to thank for that, otherwise Becky and Joyce would have had to deal with all the church people after the service.

dorothys roommate is sierra

Doesn't this series fail the reverse Bechdel Test? Knowing Willis, that was absolutely on purpose.

no it doesnt

i was curious about this so i checked; it passes the regular test in the first strip; if danny getting beat up here counts it passes the reverse test only a month in

and if this doesnt count it passes two months later when joe and danny finally talked about something other than which girls are bangable

and it passes the "racial bechdel test" by strip 3

Is there some kind of test for gay characters to discuss anything other than their sexuality or romantic interests?

"The Actually Having A Fucking Plot Test"

If there is, BOY has Willis failed it with flying colors.

dunno but we could make one
should it be only gay characters or do bi characters count

Nah, he'd pass it with Ethan and Mike at the very least.

I guess there's that one strip where Mike calls Ethan's haircut shitty. I feel like they mostly talk about their straight friend, Amber, or how gay Ethan is. Because they literally have no other interests in common.

well talking about amber would still count as talking about something other than their sexuality or romantic interests

but if bi characters count it passes when ruth and billie fight at their first floor meeting. they definitely werent romantic interests yet

Bi counts, the two characters must discuss something other than their sexuality or romantic interests. If the two characters in a relationship the conversation must be about something unrelated to their relationship.

There already exists the Vito Russo test, but it's format doesn't work well with on-going works.

ok then it passes a couple weeks in

They have to be identified as bi or gay to count.

okay that makes it harder because its not allowed to pass until after theyve already discussed their sexuality at least once. not sure that rule really fits.

but billie and ruth were revealed as bi in the walkyverse before doa started so they should still count

Goddamn Willis could not fucking draw two comics at the same time. Look at Sarah in that first strip, she looks like she's Joyce's size while Ruth just towers over everybody.

I want to throw Joyce on the ground and feed her sweater puppies.

Goddamn, this comic has always had shit writing, hasn't it? I vaguely remember it starting out well.

They don't have to discuss their sexuality, just be identified to the readers as bi or gay. In this case the strip here, , doesn't apply because neither of them have been identified as gay or bi.

Alt universes don't count either unless they're directly tied into the work.

Legit, why is Sarah letting Ruth manhandle her? Bitch is like twice her size.

okay well the comic still passes but im not gonna read through to find the earliest strip cause it probably wasnt for a while

I'm pretty sure this is Ruth's form of flirting, so I don't count it

>Ruth's form of flirting
I guarantee you he didn't have a single thought of pairing Ruth and Billie up at that point.

They talked about Carla. It failed.

And most of the female cast appear to be lesbians so it's not like they fail on the grounds that they just talk about boys all the time

Ha, underrated post

Billie was supposed to be bi but I'm sure Willis doesn't care anymore.

he seems to at least care about people remembering correctly

I heard that brown girl here started as one of the leads of the comic and in time got replaced by light brown hair girl here.

How come that nobody gives Willy shit for taking a minority out of the spot, specially a black woman, to be replaced by a white girl?

joyce was always the main character so that didnt happen

Light Brown as in Joyce? Joyce was ALWAYS the lead.

Sarah was still technically replaced by Dorothy who was replaced by Becky, who has replaced Joyce as the lead, so it still counts that the black character got pushed out by white girls.

Willis has two black characters with comically large lips.

One looks like diglet the other only talks to joyce and only shows up slightly more than the aforementioned diglet

I ain't sayin Willis doesn't care about black people, but Willis doesn't are about black people

It's one of those things that people on his site don't like to talk about, and it's one the theories as to why the whole "You were born whiter than me" thing from Sal got awkward, because Sal and Walky legit just look like every other white person but with deep tans, while Sarah and Diglett are straight up black black.

It's like, either Willis can admit that Sal is 3/4s white, or keep pretending that there's a race issue there.

>Sal and Walky

Are you shitting me? I thought that Walky was just white and if Sal is shitty accent girl ,she looks fucking asian!

Jesus fuck, just what kind of person likes this shit?

SJW's.

To his credit Willis has found his audience, and they're willing to pay him 5k a month for this shit.

I think Jacob might actually be whiter than Walky and Sal.

And to be fair to Willis, he has admitted he wrote himself into a corner with Sarah's personality. A recluse with social issues doesn't make for good lead character material.

When did he ever admit that?

i lied
at this point billies already mentioned wanting to fuck girls and this is the first strip daisy was in that DIDNT talk about her being a lesbian
so it took 2 years to pass

>A recluse with social issues doesn't make for good lead character mater

Unless you are a shit writter like Willis, I can see how people could explore a character like that, even I already have ideas.

Hell, that would have been a great oportunty to write an arc about her becoming a better person in general.

But somehow removing the character was better...???

he didnt remove her though. shes, like, right there

>not wanting to be friends with judgey arseholes and autists is a bad thing
Yeah fuck no.

I think he's trying to say she's been demoted to juuuuust above Jacob and deaf girl friend of Sal tier when originally she was a lead character along with Joyce and Walky at the start

yeah but she use to be one of the leads.

So he effectively replaced a black girl with social issues with a white generic girl

she's already dating Walky, a literal man baby autist

Man children aren't actually autistic. Further he's pretty young. Dina literally cannot understand facial expressions. Are you for really nigger?

Still a step up from Danny, the human equivalent of a boiled potato.

lesbian is the new black

Walky once ate his math test when he got an F. If that isn't autistic nothing is

i dont agree that sarah was ever really one of the leads. she showed up a lot at first because shes joyces roommate and joyce didnt have a lot of friends yet, but she never really drove the story

Nothing is then, I suppose.

What he did was stupid, unreasonable, retarded and illogical but I knew a girl who fucked a tree at a party. Just got in the mood and ground off against the bark. Are you saying she's autistic? Probably not right but she's pretty fucking stupid regardless.

oh, I thought we were talking about "autist" not actual autistic people

Nigga if my choice was hanging out with Walky or Dina you bet your ass I'd choose Dina in a heartbeat.
She may talk a lot about dinosaurs but at least she somewhat listens. Walky would just throw up about that shitty cartoon he loves and then complain about how he wants McDonalds

Now I'm trying to think of plots for Sarah.

He shouldn't have leaned so much into the social issues aspect, while being super vague about it. Her worldly misanthropy could've been fun with an angry Joyce, but he rushed Joyce off on their trip before they had a chance to interact.

He'd much rather write about Becky, because he believes gay issues are easier to do.

No shit, Willis is just an annoying lesbian stucky in shlubby annoying man's body

>Walky would just throw up about that shitty cartoon he loves and then complain about how he wants McDonalds
As long as he can hold conversation well and does come off as a drop kick in demeanour I'd rather go to maccas with him then hang around in the radio silence that talking to autistic Dina would cause.
>she listens
So do animals it doesn't make them excellent conversationalists.

We will have to agree to disagree

holy shit shes a collage age autistic person not a fucking martian
did i miss something with her character? was Dina kept in a box for most of her life or something because most autistic people have learned to cope a hell of a lot by the later teens.
as an aspie i can clarify that shit

I think the pertinent thing to take away from this is that without something to direct the conversation towards neither of them are the kind of people you'd want to hang with for more than an hour or two.

The stuff that he wrote with Sarah and Dina early in this arc was pretty enjoyable, but he dropped that just when it reached a point that he could use it to develop the characters.

>aspie
Kek, it's pronounced autist
t. DSM-V

I knew an aspie kid growing up who attended the same college as me, he was pretty sheltered and poorly socialized as a kid and acted pretty similar to Dina. He was a lot better in social situations by his sophomore year.