I'm honestly completely baffled

I'm honestly completely baffled.

youtube.com/watch?v=wc_dT5-chuc

What the fuck are they thinking? Not just the boring concept that's "design by committee" in action, but THIS is how you try to sell it?

Is Sony staffed by monkeys? Is this an AI project trying to analyze Twitter trends gone wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ngCtBthRU0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is Sony staffed by monkeys? Is this an AI project trying to analyze Twitter trends gone wrong?

Pretty much. Sony was banking on this movie succeeding and then theyd have complete control over all the intellectual property involving phones from here on out. It was a massive gamble that thankfully fucking failed.

It's not a film for drumptards, you have to have a sense of humour to enjoy it. I fucking loved, its the first movie since The LEGO movie that had me laughing from beginning to end.

Sup Forums emojis when??

Based Amy Pascal strikes again

Who else kinda wants to see it now

>tfw want to get into the film industry
>afraid that i might not be good at all
>then remember all the garbage thats being produced

Guess i can always bounce back to this kind of shit if i fail.

This, I didn't lmao since shrek
I also noticed a horde of pc gamers dragging this movie down because it was made by sony, these guys are utterly pathetic

ouch.

Literally this

Gonna be one of those movies that gonna make mad bucks with the latino and chink audience IMHO.

>Post credits scene
>"Sorry to keep you waiting..."

How would you react?

from a different perspective
>tfw want to get into the film industry
>work hard to get my dream job at a big movie company
>my dream has come true
>get assigned to shit like the fucking emoji movie

You went too far.

lmao I was laughing through the entire video

It's beautiful in my eyes seeing lefties defend this schlock just because the alt-right doesn't like it. Whose got the leash here?

>yotsuba/the 4-leaves clover is the villain for the sequel
I wouldn't know how to feel about it desu.

I'm not a Sup Forumstard so I liked it.

this
I was laughing my ass off. unironically the best comedy of the past decade or so. don't listen to haters and memes it's Disney/Pixar peak levels of quality

it's a joke to bait out the idiots, at least i hope so

I thought Pixar made this until the credits. It's that good.

i fucking loved this movie. funniest movie since the LEGO movie desu. easily the sleeper hit of this summer

>Disney/Pixar peak levels of quality

So it's shit?

holy shit this is gold
great film

can someone let me in on the Sup Forums emoji movie meme?

is alt-right supposed to dislike it or something while liberals are supposed to like it? What the fuck?

it's good to see Sony follow the runaway success of Spiderman Homecoming with this gem. Legit the funniest movie I've seen in a long while and heavily reminiscent of The LEGO movie

Hands down the funniest movie singe The LEGO movie. Probably a little better if we're being honest.
Sony is unjusting hard lately guys

>thinking the film industry cares about artistic integrity
they are just a modernized tool/weapon by now

When I first heard about an upcoming Emoji movie I thought, "what the heck?"

Boy was I wrong. Sony nailed it with the humor. Best animated film since the LEGO movie easily

definitely, i honestly havent seen anything that's made me laugh this hard since the LEGO movie. Really shared some similar atmospheric aspects with it which was awesome.
Thanks based Sony

this is a lot of bait

>Is Sony staffed by monkeys?
Monkeys would probably be an improvement

Excellent point brother. This movie is way better than The LEGO movie and it's humor is aimed at adults. I'm really hoping for a sequel. Sony knocked it out of the parks fellas

>Is Sony staffed by monkeys?
When Amy Pascal was fired for racism against the president, their immediate first choice was Tom Rothman. As in, the Tom Rothman that was famously fired for:
>cancelling firefly
>hating superhero movies, even in the current climate
>preventing production of Deadpool for a fucking decade, which proceeded to break records after he was gone
>stonewalling fox's biggest money maker xmen for years because he was trying to bully the director into quitting before he would let a new movie be made
>turning galactus into a cloud
>xmen origins: wolverine
So that's the kind of talent that they're looking for, which is why he went on to be responsible for Ghostbusters and this.

>come out of movie theater
>still cracking up
haven't had this good a time since the LEGO movie!

Between this and Spiderman Homecoming Sony has unJUSTed themselves quite well

This was honestly funnier then the LEGO movie bros

>tfw at this point i cant tell if people are shills or just joking

>Samefagging this hard for the Emoji Movie
>Emoji
>Movie

Honestly, I was shocked by how high quality this movie was. By the end I was just... stunned. I really was. I wasn't expecting something of this level of Disney/Pixar quality walking in but I'm glad I purchased my tickets online at ticketmaster.com and saw it anyway. The jokes are truly brilliant and downright hysterical. I haven't laughed this hard since I saw the LEGO movie. I will definitely be purchasing it on Blu-ray when it's released later this year.

Amen, dude! (but not a religious amen, as that would imply that God exists). This will definitely live on to be remembered as one of the sleeper hits of this generation! Had me pissing my pants from start to finish laughing! Too bad all these conservatard "no fun allowed" fuckfaces can't appreciate good, solid comedy. Real disconnect between audiences and critics too.

>getting paid more money than you can spend
>have pascal to dump your failures onto

why is this bad

now who was in the wrong in here?

It's a hilarious, family-friendly film. I'm sorry but it's just not for stupid humourless drumpflets, it's for adults with good taste. It's the funniest movie since The LEGO Movie (2014)

This right here. I'm expecting The Emoji Movie to become a cult classic among youth.

This might be the first "perfect" movie of this century. Breathtaking cinematography, hilarious script, incredibly funny and nuanced performances from everyone involved, and DAT SOUNDTRACK, holy shit I'm going to go see this movie at least fifteen more times and I recommend you do, too!

>tfw the only thing this film got right was casting Steven Wright as a Meh emoji

this
the whole political bs and memers pulling the "le reddit no fun allowed" card are only hurting themselves by avoiding this movie outright. this was legit funnier than The LEGO movie. I was pleasantly surprised that it was this good given it was a Sony movie based on emoticons

Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. So funny. I don't know what else there is to say. Sony hit it out of the park.

Here's the better trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=ngCtBthRU0w

Patrick Stewart voices a pile of shit, that's much more apt.

Funniest movie since The LEGO Movie (2014).

>he thinks executives take any of the blame

fucking lmao, what color is the sky in your fantasy land?

THIS. It is a hilarious comedic romp from start to finish. I haven't laughed this much or this hard since seeing The LEGO Movie. They say this is a "kids' movie" but it has a lot of adult references only mature people will appreciate. Definitely the sleep hit of 2017, can't wait to see it again with my wife and her son this weekend.

Easily the best animated comedy since The LEGO movie bros. Ignore the memes, this is Sony unJUSTing itself

>sleep hit
honestly i wouldn't even say sleep hit, it's actually such a funny movie that for me personally i'm saying it's a must watch movie, sort of like the LEGO movie. The box office is gonna flood im telling you

All I can say is: AMAZEBALLS!
Not only is this the funniest movie to come out of the last 5 years (at least), but it's the best movie Sony has ever produced (ok, maybe tied with Spiderman Homecoming). The humor is aimed at adults, and the tone is reminiscent of The LEGO movie. Plus the theater gave me a free Emoji Movie fidget spinner.

the FANS will love it, critics just don't get that people want to have a FUN RAUNCHY COMEDY

I love this new meme

Unironically so much this bros
The animation is Disney-tier, the humor is top-notch (think the LEGO movie) and the overall story is engaging on a human level. Based Sony produces another lucrative, quality film

I agree! This movie has flown past even the LEGO movie! Just amazing!

This trailer is simply litty. You can tell Sony is going absolutely all out for the FANS.

Imagine being so smug and yet so stupid. You're falling for incredible you obvious bait.

This is The Lego Movie 2.0. So good.

>ironically shilling for something
Sad.

Pshhhh. After this smash hit, the next LEGO Movie will be emulating this
Calling it now. Sony has unjusted

>tfw smoking some weed with the gf and then going to see this
Its gonna be great bros, only angry no fun allowed virgins would hate on something so fun.

>Plus the theater gave me a free Emoji Movie fidget spinner.
You got one too? They are high quality and not crappy plastic like the ones you buy at Walmart. Much like this movie, so much funnier than The LEGO Movie its insane

If you don't think The Emoji Movie is funny you're a mouseshill and you need to go back Nuff' said

Ignore him bro. These "no fun allowed Redditors" are miserable and just want every piece of media they watch to emulate the Disney Marvel template. Oddly enough, the jokes in The Emoji Movie > Marvel's quips all day

>All this false flagging

This movie is an awesome example of deconstruction. Artistically brilliant. Even Nolan himself will be taking notes!

>something fun came out and i dont like it despite not seeing it because reasons
>sh-shills!
Go back

Its like if Shrek and The Lego Movie had a baby, so much fun.

This film puts The LEGO Movie to shame in every category. I was surprised this turned out so great. Really glad there's gonna be a sequel bros

>73 replies
>39 posters
Pathetic

they were trying to recreate the sloth from zootopia

THIS.
I don't think it's odd though. With raw talent like TJ Miller (Gene), James Corden (Hi-5), Anna Faris (Jailbreak) and Patrick Stewart (Poop) behind the project, it'd be more puzzling if the movie was bad.

>a conversation = a few people saying one thing each and that's that

>hey boss should we pay people to shill our movie?
>no need, some morons will do it for free, they're just THAT contrarian

+1. didn't want to jump in to defend this movie but you pushed me over the edge.

This movie triggers drumpflets to tears, I think that alone makes it the best movie this Summer.

I loved this movie, I was PISSING myself with laughter the whole time! My wife's boyfriend almost died from laughing too much. If you're not a fan, then don't bad talk this movie until you've seen it. You don't know what you're missing!

Armond review when?

>They will race behind you. They will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun
Truer word have never been spoken, user. People truly do hate that which that can't understand

Are you trying to get people to watch the movie or not? Insults don't make for good marketing.

I couldn't possibly agree more! SONY® Pictures did an absolutely incredible job with this movie, I was laughing the entire time! And I really think we need a movie like this with fascism on the rise in America once again.

Drumpflets are a minority and this movie isn't made for them. The Emoji Movie (much like The LEGO Movie from 2014) features many intellectually intelligent jokes that inbred hicks won't understand. The true demographic is intellectuals like myself and the many people in this thread. We don't want "people" like you seeing it to begin with, you'd stink up the theater

The Emoji Movie brings its instantly recognizable characters to the big screen in a colorful adventure that, while geared toward the younger set, isn't without rewards for parents.

>etc

This isn't even good satire. It is like worse than the trailer.

>you'd stink up the theater
kek

>geared toward the younger set
Did we watch the same movie??? This movie may look like its for children but the jokes, dialogue and plot are geared to the 21-60 demographic.

The Emoji Movie serves up emotionally satisfying spectacle, delivered by a writer-director in full command of his craft and brought to life by a gifted ensemble cast that honors the smartphone-based story.

Fuck off TJ Miller.

The only good thing you have ever been part of is Silicon Valley

god is dead, we killed him

I am waiting for the king

>just dance
fucking lol
disgraceful product placement

It's a fantastic app (application) tho.
Check it out on the Apple store or Play Store on Android.

Its a great film for a good laugh. I haven't enjoyed a film this much since the Lego movie.

>movie made by sony
>phones have windows phone
what'd they mean by this?