donerharju.fi/
metrofood.fi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LOS
fuck yeah

that's cultural appropriation

you mean cultural appreciation

lomito árabe

Why not if hungry? It's basically just grilled meat.

Flag
Never tasted it before

it's yummmmmmmmm

yeah it's good junk food, it even has fresh veggies

>it even has fresh veggies
Kebab it's just name for grilled meat. You can, for example, have kebab in pita with veggies and mayonaise.

ah my bad
i thought kebab was your name for the lomito árabe

flag
I don’t see the appeal of it, not a bad food but it’s not specially good either

>the lomito árabe
We call this shaurma here in Russia.

I have only tried gyros

Looks like you got ripped off, mate.
That's like... no sauce at all. And they really cheaped out on the corn. I can't even see it. It must be hidden underneath that obtrusive bread. Don't they know that you're not meant to eat the bread?

Pic related is a proper kebab.

never had one

Yeap. Pretty similar to tacos and/or tortas

Im going to buy shaurma right now

The fuck that shit is that.

That's how we eat kebabs in Norway.
Do you not eat your industrially compressed leftover mystery-meat with a plastic fork from an overfilled pita bread, drenched in shitty sauce with a couple of kernels of corn sprinkled on top?

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW WE DO SHIT AROUND HERE!!!

>majs
the absolute state of norway

The corn really isn't the upsetting part about this shitshow for me. It's the awful meat, and the fact that it is invariably assembled in a way that makes eating it without cutlery impossible. It's terrible. It's really terrible. And if somebody were to open a store that actually sells proper kebab, people would not buy it. For Norwegians this is just the way we eat kebab. Won't have it any other way.

Honestly the sweetcorn doesn't sound too bad
It's the garlic sauce that ruins those pics for me

come to Sweden for better kebab

corn does not belong in kebab

poland
yes

there are kebab restaurants in every fucking corner here

Why cares? Why the fuck don't they have onion in them? Onion is love.

Yes, oh my god!
They're also called shawurma in southern Brazil. Anywhere else is kebab. Also I've never seen so many arabs in one place as I saw in the south.

Shawarma is like a kebab roll here instead of pita. I always order roll, because the ingredients are horribly distributed in the pita.

of course, it's the best cheap meal there

no, gyros and lángos is better

Mexico
No. Not interested, either.

yes i love it

I've never seen cockroaches selling kebab in Buenos Aires but Tokyo is full of them. The smell is pretty disgusting.

>hamburguesa

Wtf is this heresy

1. New England
2. Yugoslavian household so I gotta love Mediterranean and Turkish food.

Fuck I want some pic related now. Nearest place that sells a decent is about an hour away though.

?

That's a kebab? I always thought you guys were talking about shishkebab

yes if done properly
still yes but less enthusiastically when done like shit

kebab literally just refers to meat on a skewer. you can serve it with a salad, french fries, rice, put it in a piece of bread etc. kebab just refers to the method of preparing the meat.

kebab literally means meat on a skewer*

Needs some ajvar for perfection

A self respecting kebab place wouldn't do burgers

1.flag
2.if you're talking about food, if you're talking about ayrabs then i'm not particularly fond of them as a whole but i'm good friends with some of them

Flag.
Sure.

Kebab pizza>Kebab roll/wrap>Kebab & fries>Kebab salad >Kebab in pita/bread.

There is such a thing as a self respecting kebab place?

Is there any real difference between gyros meat and kebab meat or is it just naming conventions and Greeks wanting to be special snowflakes?

but they're not self respecting if they migrated to my country in the first place :¬D

Is kebab popular in Israel?

the latter

It's for the pussies who can't handle kebab. Here in Norway anyway, all hamburgers in such places are exactly the same.

gyro is greek for rotating. they coined the term when the food spread there from turkey because they didn't want to use the turkish language name. it describes the same thing, meat rotating on a skewer.

>There is such a thing as a self respecting kebab place?
donerharju.fi/

it's run by finns though so maybe that's why

I don't even think most kebab/pizzerias in my country has a skewer, they just buy like frozen pre-sliced meat like what you find in grocery stores.

Granted not that eating something from like an old gross rotating sweating slab of meat sounds all that delicious either.

man... you never lived

Depends, but in general yes. Especially with labneh.

the sad thing is people actually go to those places
>There is such a thing as a self respecting kebab place?
metrofood.fi/ also this place

based taco midgets have a pork version

Kebab (Kabab) here means something different. This one we call Shawarma, and probably among the more popular types of food.

I have eaten it from a proper skewer, you can still find those places, but most fast food joints are just like generic places that sell pizza, kebab, hamburgers, hotdogs, schnitzels and shit like that. Any meat they can just buy frozen and heat up pretty much.
Eh. It's fast food. As long as it's greasy, hot and slathered in sauce it's goes down easy. Not that living next to a good fast food place isn't fucking great.
Wait, so in the end of Avengers they were just eating kebab? They made it seem like it was some new fancy trendy thing or something.

>most kebab/pizzerias in my country has a skewer
You never tasted kebab then.
We also have pork version, it's called "shaslik".

>import half the middle-east
>people dont think they brought their skewers with them

It's not greasy or slathered in sauce. I get what you're saying, 99% of kebab places are the same, but this is one of those "kebab done right" places that doesn't even try to compete with prices or try to appeal to drunk people. They close at 10pm.

>It's not greasy or slathered in sauce
What's the fun in that?

it actually tastes good like proper food
if you just want greasy meat doused with garlic mayo you can go to the other 20 kebab places down the same street.

And that's what I generally do. I just don't feel like kebab is good enough to be eaten like a "proper meal". At least among the fancier ones I've had. Rather just get some yakiniku if I'm longing for some meat strips to chow down on.

this is what the average american pictures when they hear kebab

oops

it's actually really good.

my favourite is the kind they sold in greece when I visited like a decade ago. a few sticks of meat, one or two oven baked tomatoes and raw red onion. no sauce, just spices in the meat. they served it everywhere and it cost like 2-4 euros per meal. tasted fresh and delicious.

and you can eat it without hating yourself because it doesn't have 2000 calories from sauce that overpowers all other flavors.

Unnnggghh.
Goodthing my local pizzeria is open late. Gonna order right now.

This thread inspired me to get a kebab for the first time in months. Raining but I drove down in my car to the local van (better than the nearby shops that I'm aware of)
I don't know whether he felt sorry for me or what, but he gave me a free can of drink with my kebab and lots of extra meat. Kara Boga was smiling upon me tonight lads.

why have kebabs when you could have gyros?

Kebabs the food? Yes
Kebabs the people? Don't know any

Please tell me you're getting pizza, delivery kebab always feels so very wrong

No delivery (not even an option here) so I will probably get a kebab pizza.
Just waiting for the god damn weather to calm down, I'll fall over if I walk out now.

>not living 25 meters from the nearest kebab place so it's still hot when you get home

And it's way more comfortable to eat