Why do some people love this boring fuck?

Why do some people love this boring fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тарковский,_Андрей_Арсеньевич
people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Symbols.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1xzmhqwB_AY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

t. baby who was introduced to him through S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

Nostalghia.

The climax is a guy walking a fucking empty pool. If this prick directed The Seventh Seal, it would've been 2 hr 45 minutes, every shot would've held on for 10 seconds too long, and every character would speak like a philosophical poet.

>where are my quips and epic boss battle!!? Wtf?!

because he makes plebs like you mad.

Honestly one of the strongest directors to live tbqh.

Hipsters will pretend to like him to seem deep.

Biggest hack ever, he thinks long pauses and filming river plants make good film.

You joke but I'd rather watch a MCU film than this hack anyday.

The driving scene in Solaris is a pleb filter. The man himself said so.

>plebbit scum doesn't understand kino directors
>muh capeshit
try r/flicks cuckboi

because he is not boring

Why the fuck would you watch Tarkovskys rendition over this?

then why are you on Sup Forums?

He is the biggest reddit director of all

We spit on people who enjoy this pretensious shit here on Sup Forums, why are YOU here?

Nigger Cuckovsky is no fucking Hanake. Dude writes the same damn character in every fucking film.

>I'm a tortured poet

Suck my dick

True. This is 10 times a better movie in half the run time.

They like Marvel flicks

>Hanake

>It was in color this whole time, big reveal

Why did he do this shit.

Marvel makes enjoyable movies unlike this commie.

He doesn't have one bad film. In fact they are all great.

no, Sup Forums is supposed to be for people who actually like film. I guarantee you've been here for 2 years at the most

>Marvel makes enjoyable movies

You are a pseud

t. I hate fun

grow up

pleb detected. he hated communism.

They like DC flicks

Source?

>deeply Christian filmmkaer who lived and worked outside the Soviet Union for the last decade of his life
Yeah I'm sure he liked communism

He didn't like the Soviet government but he was definitly communist. Religion doesn't mean you can't be communism.

>but he was definitly communist.
Source?

wikipedia

Literally 0 results on Ctrl+Fing "communism" on his article

ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тарковский,_Андрей_Арсеньевич

>marvel
>fun
Spotted the fucking manchild. Grow up and stop watching childrens movies you freak.

>tfw still haven't gotten through Solaris and couldn't understand The Mirror

Literally 0 results on Ctrl+Fing "Кoммy" on his article

Source?

Kek

raiders of the lost ark is fun
his films

List a proper source.

"Tarkovsky praised the blockbuster film The Terminator, saying its "vision of the future and the relation between man and its destiny is pushing the frontier of cinema as an art". He was critical of the "brutality and low acting skills", but nevertheless impressed by this film."

What a pleb

>Doesn't use symbolism
>Resulting in forced dialogue read straight from a philosophy text
>Reducing most shots to "very pretty. wow"
The guy's an egotist and makes shit. I envy him, because he conned his way to the Pseud top.

A Man walks into a bar. Bartender puts a glass of water in front of him, without a single word. Everyone in the bar goes silent.
The dude stares on the glass, then looks out of the window for 10 minutes, then lays on the floor for 20 minutes. After this the dude gets up and walks away. Bartender watches him leaving. Then for 10 minutes we are staring at aquatic plants in a river current.
- I told you guys, Tarkovsky is genius.

symbolism is fucking garbage.

>Doesn't use symbolism

Where did you get this from? Have you noticed the horses in his films?

Not him, but I've also read that Tarkovsky only made the Tokyo highway scenes so long so that the plebs would leave the theater out of boredom. Can't find a primary source of him actually saying that though.

The horse, like water, rain and milk is an image, not a symbol.

Its impossible to escape symbolism even if he didn't purposely intend them to symbolise something.

define "image"

people.ucalgary.ca/~tstronds/nostalghia.com/TheTopics/Symbols.html

youtube.com/watch?v=1xzmhqwB_AY

Epic

I just watched The Mirror and its pretty fucking confusing

1. It's like 4 different timeline
B. One person plays like 3 different characters
C. The entire dialogue is written like poetry

Besides that his movies are cool to look at

>Dude hiding meaning lmao

Like I said, he might not have planned for them to symbolize anything but its impossible since we as humans understand the world around us through symbols.

>boring movies can't be good

Yeah, I didn't understand The Mirror at all, but it didn't feel pretentious.

I understand the world through images
Images like meme macros

Well if the image makes you think of something, brings up an idea then symbols are involved.

There's only one timeline.

The only characters played by the same character are the ex-wife and the mother.

It isn't pretentious, I think it makes complete sense in his head. If people want to dig deep into it then their free to do so

There's definitely more than one timeline, including dream sequences and news reels

>The film switches among three different time-frames: prewar (1935), war-time (1940s), and postwar (1960s or '70s).

Are you guys sure you haven't seen a version with terrible subtitles? Some torrents have subtitles that basically only translate like half of the dialogue, making it pretty much incomprehensible. If you watch it with good subtitles it makes perfect sense.

there's one timeline, all of the scenes in the film are set in it, they're just not in chronological order

Anti-white multiculturalism

This

I get what you're saying that it basically runs like a series of memories of one main character but it jumps around from different time periods where the same actress plays a different character, it was confusing

It's OK to not see the beauty in Tarkovsky films until some point at your life but saying stupid shit like this is wrong.Simply accept that Tarkovsky is the most mainstream acquired-taste director and move on to easier films.I'm sure you'll be ready for him in 5 years, big boy.

t. I am too dumb to understand Heidegger

Maybe I didn't have good subtitles, but I was also probably sleepy.

Heidegger taught about Being and Nothingness and wasn't as concerned with semiotics, what are you talking about?

bro-tip: Tarkovsky is a phenomenologist

any place online you can watch his entire filmography, in good quality with proper subs? i liked Stalker a lot but Solaris was difficult to get through, it put me off seeing the rest

Solyaris is pretty much his worst film.

torrents you fucking brainlet

Then he should have no problem with people seeing different things in his films.

>looking for anything at all rather than simply experiencing
There is a reason most of his mature films focus on the passage of time and different units of time

We experience through ideas. You don't just "experience"

Pleb here. What movies should I watch by him?

he's pointing at us.

damn

Wow, he actually liked terminator? From what i've read in his diary it seems that he didn't like anything but his own films.

Here is his top 10:
Top Ten Movies by Tarkovsky
Diary of a country priest
Communion (Winter Light)
Nazarín
Wild Strawberry
City Lights
Ugetsu
Seven Samurai
Persona
Mouchette
Woman in the Dunes

Thanks. It wouldn't be a Tarkovsky thread without this classic

Stupid Amerifat capeshit lovers mad at Tarkovsky : the thread

>He shitposts ad hominems
BASED

What can I say, Cape kino is an enjoyable watch unlike this boring pseudo intellectual shit

yikes.

Well it is always Americans who shit on directors like Tarkovsky or Bergman. They are too accustomed to their Hollywood movie schemes that the transition is too hard for them and that, unable to let themselves overwhelmed by these directors' mastery, they prefer to denigrate them.

I am not a big fan of Tarkovsky but have you even tried to think about the Tarkovsky's films you saw more than 30s after the viewing ? Have you try to get interested in the director's motivations and what he has been trying to convey throughout his filmography ? Have you read Sculpting in time ? Have you try to grasp what makes Tarkovsky so special that so many directors and critics praised his work ?
And you should do the same for every director even guys like Spielberg. The difference is with Spielberg's films the message is always pretty clear. Conversely, Tarkovsky is much more esoteric, but is it a reason to spit on his work because some random on the Internet called you pleb ?

I watched Stalker and he literally spells everything out for you. What is this "esoteric" propaganda you are shilling, Tarkovsky?

>He literally spells everything out for you

Then you didn't get the bigger picture. There are far more than just dialogs in Stalker but that's how a true film-lover can be recognized. Instead of spewing his disdain, he actually explores and is eager to learn more when he is facing a singular movie.

Name 3 things that are not related to or disgust in a monologue from stalker.

I heard the opposite. He only left that much in to justify the cost of going to tokyo to the producers.

Lol no,he said it time and time again that color was only to high lite certain moments that were really worth.

Its not a fucking symbol the guy was working as a prospector for a living,he just loved nature and the freedom in it.

>high lite

watching 10 dollar soviet films with poetic dialogue that I can't understand but can read the badly translated subtitles makes me feel smart

me mes

Americas are very much against subtitles,its just in their nature to hate them with passion.
If the movie gets dubbed it will probably do better with American audience.