Do we like this?
Worth my time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1it5oDU4qBg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

top 5 netflix show

I haven't seen reddit talk about it yet so I think so yes

only 1 episode in but it's not bad

Apart from the rampant faggotry, it's solid entertainment. About Ray Donovan-tier, maybe slightly better. If you are expecting it to rival The Wire, Mad Men, Sopranos, Breaking Bad or Deadwood, you'll be sorely disappointed.

It's also incredibly comfy. It will make you want to move to Missouri and buy a house on the lake. Heck, I want to play a video game that is set in the world of this show. Also, the show has four hot girls in it.

I'm eagerly awaiting season 2. Higher stakes and all that.

3,5/5 stars

I'm 6 or 7 episodes in.
There are a few strange story beats that make the tone waver outside the range I expected (toward humor and shock value). But most of the writing is great, it looks great, the urgency and suspense are pervasive, and Bateman hits it out of the park. Very very pleased.

>It's also incredibly comfy.
> has four hot girls in it.
SOLD

I work in wealth management and smoke a lot of weed. Based on reading the description, will this make me paranoid that my clients are doing sketchy shit?

Probably not. They can't do sketchy shit without you knowingly participating in it (unless you really, really suck at your job)

It's good nigga

I just marathoned the first few posts in this thread. What did I think?

It's like Bloodline mixed with Breaking Bad without the shit of breaking bad

Good concept ruined by reddit tier shit. Main guy is a cuck, wife is a spoiled brat, kids are in the show for no reason, some annoying trailerr trash slut is le so sassy xD.
Its basically Weeds in the midwest, the shows for suburban white people. Dont waste your time.

Good shit. Solid B+ to A- with a great season finale that makes me hope s2 comes out sooner than later.

Its kino.

this

>Do we like this?
Yes.

Finished it yesterday. It's decent but not as smart as it thinks it is. The Hillbilly drug dealers use of bible verses and stories is not nearly as insightful or interesting as they want it to be, like his story about the redneck and the hillbilly on the road was just stupid.

Also the Cartel rep behaves pretty irrationally, the whole thing starts because he disrupts a profitable relationship on a "tell" and then his ability to read people is used again later in a very stupid way and he lets go of something he has good reason to believe Marty did for pretty much no reason.

But really it's still decent overall and in some ways fulfills the original intention of breaking bad, turning Mr. Chips into Scarface, better than breaking bad since Walter was really an asshole from the very beginning while Marty is actually a nice guy. Although I suppose he doesn't really show much ambition towards becoming Scarface and the show probably isn't gonna go that way.

>implying the writing is anywhere near BRAVO Vince tier

what was with the timeline in the flashback episode, I get they were doing it on purpose but it didn't seem to have much rhyme or reason

Yea... that's what they were doing on purpose

we're too late

I like Laura Linney!

>It's decent but not as smart as it thinks it is
that pretty much sums it up. All the annoying liberal tropes shoehorned in don't help either.

4 episodes in, each one has me more intrigued than the last. Ruth Langmore is the best thing about this so far.

i have trouble taking Bateman seriously sometimes though. although that may just be because i can only envision nick wilde whenever he speaks.

>liberal tropes
Such as? All I can think of is the "its 2017 its not OK to slut shame" to which the dad responded its not OK to wear your littlr brothers shorts. He wasn't like omg honey I'm sorry ur so right let me get a nice BBC for you!

I swear Sup Forums ruins peoples lives.

I'm pretty sure the prison dad used to molest her in the past

Not really into it after one episode. When does it get good?

True, thanks. I'm heavily involved in compliance so if something goes wrong Ozark-wise that would be a huge bummer. We maybe have one client involved in insider trading but I've isolated us from the risk there.

>Such as?

Bateman's character enjoys watching his wife getting fucked by another man. The FBI guys are an interracial gay couple and one of the trailer park trash guys is gay too. The most explicit sex scene in the show is when the FBI guy gets a blowjob from another dude and loudly cums down his throat.

>Bateman's character enjoys watching his wife getting fucked by another man

He was more obsessive then enjoying it, he clearly wasn't happy.

>FBI guy

you mean the sex addict degenerate who uses sex to manipulate and eventually ends up killing the redneck. Yeah, real progressive.

There is no indication Marty enjoyed that. Homo cop is clearly made out to be a bad person they're hardly promoting gays.

Comfy. Tension is present and leaves you wanting more as ot progresses

nothing to do with Sup Forums kid but the shit was in there and I really don't feel like listing them out but here's a few
>literal cuck dad
>gun laws allow the retard to buy a gun for the kid
>"Spare Change" boat on which the guy makes sure to get verbal consent
>19 year old girl intimidates and is smarter than grown men
>kid lectures teachers about the virtues of drugs
>homophobic hick is ACTUALLY GAY, what a twist

those are a few off the top of my head. If I wanted to marathon the thing again then I could list them all because theres plenty and it takes away from the quality of what could have been a better show. Try pulling your head out of your ass and opening your eyes sometime.

:'(

There's definitely some magic realism going on with how clever some of the characters are written, but I'd say this and The Americans are my 2 favorite currently-airing shows.

He was cheated on and didn't enjoy it
Its easy to buy guns this is a fact
And then he fucking left her
They're afraid of her murderer dad
He's a nerdy weirdo trying to rationalize his father's involvement with the cartel
The fact that he's secretly gay makes the cop's manipulation of him more brutal

Would you watch a video you don't enjoy 40 times?

wtf i love Ozark now

I don't love it I'm the same person who originally said its not as smart as it thinks it is but this Sup Forums indoctrination to see everything as a clash of political ideology is out of control

wtf i love cock now?

This is the most spammed Netflix show on the board.

Rachel > Ruth > Charlotte > pastors wife >>>>>>>> Darlene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wendy

ok, it's a mediocre show that alienated me and i'm guessing a large portion of the viewers by inserting this shit in the show.

It's right there in front of you. If you want to be an apologist for it then fine, but this is not Sup Forums indoctrination. They get alot right and they get even more wrong, but if you think Netflix isn't pushing a liberal agenda then I don't know what to tell you. I got a bridge to sell.

This isn't a show I really care about all that much. It certainly could have been better. This liberal shit ruins shows all the time. In one way or another they keep trying to shit all over white people, males in particular, build females up to be something that's atypical, normalize homosexuality and generally promote liberal ideology.

like most tv shows, drags on and stretches out after the first couple ep's gets stupid and boring

probably jumps the shark in season 2 lol

I'd even say it's better than bloodline season 1, and I watched that one to the shitty end.

It's a pleb trap, opposite of a pleb filter. Plebs feels smart when they watch it and think they've discovered "kino"

It is mediocre but not because of "muh liberals" but I know you can't comprehend anything in life not being somehow related to "muh liberals" so I'll just leave you be

this

It's fairly predictable.

Are Rugers like the one the kid bought even automatic?

thanks for leaving me be. At least we can agree that the show is mediocre. The discussion doesn't need to continue, but for the future, ad hominem attacks and asserting an opinion as fact do not shut down an argument or prove a point.

redneck ring leader girl annoys me

Im rigth here

B-but i wanted to put my dick in her.

>It's also incredibly comfy
wtf it's like the least possible thing from comfy

Blue cat owner, Ruth, the daughter and who am I missing?

The wife?

Ruth is waifu tier

I liked it. Watched the whole thing in two days.

The dialogue and acting are good, but character motivations are baffling sometimes.

I love the title screen overture images, but they're too quick. By the time I could see the letters in the first 2-3 graphics, it faded out. It was kinda annoying to have to pause the show to view and remember them properly.

I liked the preggo stripper.

That was a tasty touch.

>character motivations are baffling sometimes.

very much this, biggest problem with the show

and the main area where breaking bad proves itself the superior suburban white guy gets into the drug cartel business show but people don't like it when you compare them

It's a fun show to watch because I live in Missouri and my boss and his fat wife go to the lake seemingly every other weekend.

It's nice to see something familiar on TV I guess?

Just admit Weeds is best

I watched it and enjoyed it.

I didn't really care for the super-faggot FBI guy who can seduce any male, or the huge fit he threw which was too over the top.

RED-

yeah, maybe i missed something, but didn't dude dump all the money he had made for the cartel into this venture in missouri?

Was he even getting money for this or just trying to save his family's life because if it's not worth your while and your going have to constantly dodge getting killed by your employer you might as well flip and let your family go into the program

His partner embezzled $8 million, so he had to come up with that to repay the cartel.

He was able to convince the cartel to let him go to the Ozarks to launder money, they let him take the $8 million with him to do so, even though they would lose 25% to it being laundered, to see if it was viable. They didn't even know how much money was lost if any, so it was not a risk.

He goes there, finds it's hard to do what is needed to do, but slowly manages to get things started. He barely gets the money laundered so they send him $50 million to launder.

He figured it was better to keep working for the cartel as they'd find him even in witness protection.

what idiot isn't likening this to breaking bad?

>white collar guy involved in drug trafficking
>money laundering
>family drama over father's involvement
>cheating wife who is reconciled with as a business partner instead of a spouse but they kinda get back together and support each other (shit wendy even acted unilaterally on a laundering business like skylar)
>setting is almost a character
>blue hue v yellow hue

it's different in a lot of places, but breaking bad influence is obvious

>no indication Marty enjoyed that
cucks get fucked up in the head. They torture themselves and enjoy it on some level. Marty initiated sex with his wife and even imitated what he saw in the video.

I had to watch my sister recently go through something like this irl. I've never heard of a girl being called a cuck but even so... Her husband cheated on her and she kept demanding very specific details and used it to spice up the sex life in their dwindling marriage. This was from very early on in the reconciliation attempt, and she would tell me that she felt more sexy since the other girl was so attractive but he was still interested in her (my sister). This is how a cuckold thinks and acts.

I don't think Marty enjoyed the video. It was more that he couldn't believe that was his wife doing it. He probably kept viewing it to reinforce that she did it. He'd see her and remember how he loved her, which would soften what she did. Repeated reinforcement to solidify what she had done.

I know the wife later said it was his fault, I don't remember if he agreed or forgave her or whatever.

Also, the daughter is 18 years old, but her birthday was last month, so probably filmed when she was 17 I guess.

>it was better to keep working for the cartel as they'd find him even in witness protection
is this his only motivation?
So i don't know if i missed anything. He has no financial incentive to do this?

It seems like he gave up all his money and is just working for survival now

>curly haired redneck
>underage qt daughter

That's only 2. There are no more.

You don't cross a Z from the top, you cross a Z from the side
REEEEEEEEE

He'd be better off moving illegally to Canada and stealing the money to live off the grid near Yellowknife.

The cartel will always demand more from him, and eventually kill him.

He gave up all his money to repay the cartel. Laundering the $8 million he'd get his standard fee, and he knew he could do it without getting caught as he had been doing it before. He didn't cross the cartel at all originally.

Moving to the Ozarks he had to take a hands-on approach, when he was just a books guy before that. He figured it was easy to get businesses on board but found it harder than he thought. His partner was probably the one doing all the sweet talking before.

So he would rebuild all the money he lost and keep making a ton of money.

I think it's a currency symbol?

>Laundering the $8 million he'd get his standard fee
I think this is what I missed then. I assumed that 25% or whatever was what is expected that you lose when setting up these laundering operations.

I wish the show would have focused on more of these details than the other annoying subplots. I'm 85% sure that this show is dropped for me like Stranger things.

I think he did use his fee to be able to get it all laundered in time, since he lost ~$700k to the rednecks and other shit, so he broke even when they finished I think. He knew the cartel wouldn't ever let him go, but just wanted to focus on that one thing.

when benevolent general krull takes over it will be

t. little girl

>the daughter
Not with that man jaw. She's the ugliest chick in the show.

On episode 3 and it has FEET KINO in episode 2.

If you like Breaking Bad then you should definitely enjoy this show.

did you guys not watch the first minute of the first episode?

in the opening speech, marty refers to money as a measure of a person's decisions. he's good at handling it and, after the crisis with the cartel, doesn't want to give up his options to prove himself through his prowess in creating situations in which he can also make a buck.

Its worse though just to be clear

Pretty good. I'll definitely check out Season 2. Could have done without the [/spoiler]gay FBI dude banging everyone

Sorry I haven't used the spoilers in fucking Forever

The redneck guy ain't no faggot. He just enjoys taking a cock up his ass and kissing men.

every scene where every fucking character is using a family plan for their iphones to speak explicitly about illegal activity up to and including murder bothered the shit out of me

>did you guys not watch the first minute of the first episode
I finished the show 2 days ago and after rewatching this i like the show even less

This. He told her he loved seeing guy who cucked him smash on the ground.

It's better than breaking bad though. Aka 'meming bad'

damn son those are some good fucking digits

youtube.com/watch?v=1it5oDU4qBg

Worse? Yes, definitely. But I got as much satisfaction watching one season of Ozark than 4 of breaking bad.
Then again I'm maybe bias after watching all of Arrested development again and imagining it as an original of George blush or just the narrator calling Marty (Micheal) on all his shit. I laughed a lot through most of it, 7/10

Its a bad comparison because breaking bad already has way more seasons.

pastors wife

she's my student. that's the weird part.