/éire/

Rugby girls edition.

I found out that I'm much heavier than I thought. I'm going to promise myself right now that every day I'll only drink water and black coffee and only eat two slices of dry white bread toasted and whatever I'm having for dinner on that particular day.

These are the borders I understand.

rugby is for west brits

That Munster Zero Two needs fixing.

Why is Munster based?

Deftly avoided another social event at work today.

Genetics.

I approve.

>white bread toasted
Believe that isn't good for losing weight. Wouldn't one of those disgusting seeded brown ones be better?

>avoided another social event
Well done, you're clearly a professional at this.

>missing one sock
For what purpose?

>He went to Hell?
According to one version of the story. Partly due to his paganism, mostly due to his role supporting Ulster imperialists in the Cattle Liberation of Cooley.
Old Irish legends tend to get mixed in with Saint Patrick in later retellings. Like how Fionn MacCumhaill was baptised by him before he died of extreme old age.

Probably because of your >heritage. Munster and Connacht were the hardest hit so it follows that most of the Irish emigrants were from those places. Feels good knowing my ancestors had more potatoes and starved less than those in M*nster

I hardly eat any bread anymore,maybe once a week,cracottes are a better substitute and they don't go stale as quickly

>missing one sock
Not missing, just one shorter than the other.
According to the wiki she and a few other characters who took part in "Operation Ten-Go" have a similar aesthetic.

howcome irish authors are so incredible?

>Partly due to his paganism
Nothing wrong with this desu.

Nice bait!

>Operation Ten-Go
What a waste.

>Luxembourg original TV anime
Am I being memed?

>What a waste
From my brief reading of it, it would appear so.
Certainly does pique ones interest in the mentality of the Japanese populace during wartime, the massive sacrifice and such.

Every time people praise our authors I feel kind of patronised. I think it's because we lack accomplishment in actual important things like science, maths, engineering, etc. Especially Scotland has way more than us and those that we do have are mostly done by Anglo-Irish protestants. Hence people just praise our authors just to be nice to us

>people just praise our authors just to be nice to us
I don't think that's the case in fairness. People do seem to like them.
>mostly done by Anglo-Irish protestants
That's the worst part. I'd nearly prefer if we stopped talking about them and stopped attempting to claim that they were what we consider Irish.
Rejoice in the fact that our greatest years are ahead and not behind us, something which many European countries can't claim.

i love ireland so much. long live eire

Éireann go Brách

They were Irish. You have plenty of English blood in you too.

Amazing edition
What kind of event?

>You have plenty of English blood
From what I know of my family history, that's not true.
Unless we're going back over two hundred years and even then it would've been in a remote part of the country so the chances are pretty unlikely.

What's wrong with Leinsterfu

Leinster and Ulster are upset about what they find on the other side of the Irish sea

who here /accomplishednothingat22/

mise
though i'm 21

It's actually impossible that you don't.

Try adding a few years to that.

It isn't George.

>22
>21

Go to bed you got school in the morning kiddos.

Mathematically speaking, given the proximity and large movement of people between the two Islands, the most common recent ancestor of everyone in Britain and Ireland would be very recent, in historical times, so yes, it is impossible.
Why this bothers you, I don't know!

I swear that I saw Marty Morrissey while out tonight
Could it bethat is he a transdimensional being thatcan be at multiple place at the same time?

t. amateur geneticist.
Most people in England aren't even genetically English let alone a separate landmass where intermarraige was outlawed.

>I swear that I saw Marty Morrissey while out tonight
Lock up your women. Tell your sister that if she goes out tonight, she may not return a lesbian.

Depends how you define accomplishments.

>Most people in England aren't even genetically English
I think you're the amateur geneticist with statements like that...

Juniper just because your parents are both English immigrants doesn't mean everyone's are.

Why are country girls so easy? I've never known another country where women are the instigators of filthy sex talk to complete stranger

>some faggot makes a nu-wojak dumping thread
>tell him to fuck off
>mods delete my post and leave the thread up

Why not just ignore the thread?

Weird, last I checked the mods kept deleting his shit.

Friend of mine got a girl pregnant by accident
Is it wrong of him to make her get an abortion?

>large movement of people between the two Islands
My family have lived in the backend of nowhere since before the famine. English people most certainly did not settle there or even venture there apart from the odd soldier I would imagine.

Probably. Does she want to keep it?

Yes, it's her decision. If she wants to have the baby and he doesn't want to have anything to do with the child he can get ready for the child support payments.

That doesn't seem fair.

He should've considered the consequences.

It's perfectly fair. Balls out of his court now, those are the consequences.

She isn't sure,he has told her that he will be there for the child in case she does keep it but he'd rather not be a father yet

Likewise for her.

It's not fair though. If he doesn't want the child, he shouldn't be compelled to support it. Abortion gives women a get out of jail card, men should have something equivalent.

>Is it wrong of him to make her get an abortion?
Abortion can be a rational decision but I wouldn't start with the mental gymnastics telling myself it isn't murder because it simply is ending a life. Perhaps women should be allowed to get abortions but they should also be made to acknowledge that they're objectively are murderers. Too many of them tell themselves they're not just to avoid mental discomfort/guilt when really they shouldn't be entitled to do so

>Likewise for her.
Pregnancy or abortion are both fairly serious and unpleasant consequences.

>Abortion gives women a get out of jail card, men should have something equivalent.
It's called a "condom".

>Pregnancy or abortion are both fairly serious and unpleasant consequences.
Abortion is still a get out of jail card, the likes of which doesn't exist for men who do not want children.

>It's called a "condom".
Contraceptiion for women exists too. You're upholding double standards here.

>It's called a "condom"
Boy I'd like to live in one of those.

>It's called a "condom".
From what I have been told he did use one but it was one of those one-night-stand stories involving a good amount of alcohol

But if he makes her get the abortion,doesn't that make him a murderer too?

>But if he makes her get the abortion,doesn't that make him a murderer too?
Yes.

>Contraceptiion for women exists too. You're upholding double standards here.
9/10 it's the man that initiates intercourse. It's his responsibility to be prepared when he knows this is a possibility.

>one of those one-night-stand stories
Probably best they get it then if they didn't know eachother before. That's no way for a child to be brought up.

>9/10 it's the man that initiates intercourse.
It takes two to tango (unless it's rape)

>It's his responsibility to be prepared when he knows this is a possibility.
So no responsibility for women?

>It takes two to tango
But as you said the woman can get an abortion if she wishes. The man's the one who should take precautions if he has no easy way out of this. And while female contraception does exist it's not nearly as widespread as a simple condom. If some lad can't be arsed to put a euro in a bathroom yokes machine then he deserves what he gets.

>Too many of them tell themselves they're not just to avoid mental discomfort/guilt when really they shouldn't be entitled to do so
It's fortunate we have someone so tune in with the collective conscience of women as yourself, user. This might have been a more complex issue otherwise!

It sounds like they have a good relationship at least if they're both willing to work through either outcome. I'm sure they'll come to the right decision.

>But as you said the woman can get an abortion if she wishes
I never said that. I would never say that.

>The man's the one who should take precautions if he has no easy way out of this
As should women. Stop bending over backwards to shield women from any semblance of personal responsibility.

>Contraceptiion for women exists too. You're upholding double standards here.
I don't see your point. The consequences for men are relatively minor, they can only be forced to pay a child support fee they can afford.
The consequences for women are severe as they'll end up in the hospital either way. Nobody profits or escapes consequences from an unwanted pregnancy.

good post

>bullying

>I never said that
>Abortion is still a get out of jail card, the likes of which doesn't exist for men who do not want children

>As should women
Indeed they should. But you were saying that women have a "get out of jail free card" that they can use. There's less need for her to take precaution if when worst comes to worst she can terminate the pregnancy while a man that doesn't take precautions could potentially be screwed. If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant then yes, she should make the man wear protection, but nowadays (not in Ireland though) not taking that precaution just leads to her having to take an uncomfortable medical procedure. If the man doesn't want to be a father then he should definitely make sure to wear a condom in case his partner doesn't want to get an abortion thus pressuring him into taking financial responsibility.

>Stop bending over backwards to shield women from any semblance of personal responsibility.
I'm not. I'm merely responding to your points about men being the victims of an unwanted pregnancy if the woman is against terminating it. Stop strawmanning me.

>Nobody profits or escapes consequences from an unwanted pregnancy.
And a fetus can't escape being murdered because it's an "inconvenience".

It's a really bad and arguably sexist post though.

>It's a really bad
It's not.

>arguably sexist
The post it was replying to was far more sexist.

Hope that this will be a lesson to all of you planning on putting their gherkin where it does not belong under the influence of alcohol

>"I'm having a baby"
Congratulations Lux!
Make sure you choose a good name for them. I hear naming them after illustrious internet personalities is all the rage these days...

>gherkin
What is this and why do I keep seeing this word everywhere these last few days?

>Abortion is still a get out of jail card, the likes of which doesn't exist for men who do not want children
Ah, my bad - I misinterpreted what you were saying when you said "But as you said the woman can get an abortion if she wishes". I wasn't implying that this was a good thing or something I approve of.

>But you were saying that women have a "get out of jail free card" that they can use
Yes, but I didn't mean to imply that is a good thing. I'm opposed to abortion on demand after all.

>but nowadays (not in Ireland though) not taking that precaution just leads to her having to take an uncomfortable medical procedure
Which people such as myself consider to be murder.

>The post it was replying to was far more sexist.
He was implying that women should have less personal responsibility when it comes to sex than men. The post he was replying to was advocating equality of opportunity when it comes to bailing on a pregnancy (should abortion be legalised).

>And a fetus can't escape being murdered because it's an "inconvenience".
Count me out if you want to push things down that road. This has nothing to do with the conversation.

>what is this
The cimmoner might call it a pickle or a cornichon
>I'm having a baby
Ara now Poi,I know which waters are safe to sail and which I rather not let my sailormen visit

>This has nothing to do with the conversation.
>nothing to do with the subject of abortion
Right.

What are your plans for Valentines? Buy her anything nice?

The discussion was on male/female responsibility in an unwanted pregnancy. If you want to rant about "murdering babies" or some such do it with someone else.
You were going nowhere with your double standards line anyway so not surprised you wanted to change the subject.

She's on holiday

>holiday in February
Must be nice

>The discussion was on male/female responsibility in an unwanted pregnancy
It stemmed from the subject of abortion, to which it is pertinent.

>You were going nowhere with your double standards line anyway so not surprised you wanted to change the subject.
Considering you didn't refute any of it and were advocating double standards yourself, I somehow doubt that. Either way, I'm really not in the mood for yet another abortion debate tonight. I feel like I'm repeating myself here far too often despite the fact that everybody is already entrenched in their views on the issue.

Oíche.

I was in the U.S in february last year,it's a very nice holiday period because all the normies are still home and not pestering me,she's skiing though

Sleep well little Irishman

Bit rich to be calling others "normies" considering the context of the conversation, Lux.

>Which people such as myself consider to be murder
I'm not saying abortion is good or bad, just that a woman in this circumstance has the ability to end it. If a woman who's against abortion is careless and ends up with an unwanted pregnancy then the fault lies with her for not taking better care.

>equality of opportunity when it comes to bailing on a pregnancy
I don't think any country lets anyone other than the mother decide if the pregnancy is terminated. If you bailing as in being a deadbeat dad then I think it's a bit of a moot point since it depends on the how much the woman hounds the man for child support payments. Maybe there should be some sort of fathers for justice type deal that gives fathers of an unwanted pregnancy support in these situations. I'm not sure I understand your side of this argument too well, weren't you the person who says normal people that don't take precautions for these things should suffer the responsibility that comes with it? You seem to be defending the men in that regard while saying women should take equal precaution on an issue that due to the biological factors involved can never be truly equal. Unless I'm misinterpreting you in which case I apologise.

>I'm not sure I understand your side of this argument too well, weren't you the person who says normal people that don't take precautions for these things should suffer the responsibility that comes with it?
Yes. But my point is hypothetical as of now. If we are to legalise abortion on demand (which I'm opposed to), men should be given the opportunity to opt out of raising a child too - otherwise it's an affront to equality.

>it's a very nice holiday period because all the normies are still home and not pestering me
That's true, if you like a quiet atmosphere.
>she's skiing
Cosy

What lavish gifts will await her on her return?

A hardcore traveller such as myself has every right to call other holiday-goers normies when it comes to this

>men should be given the opportunity to opt out of raising a child too
That sounds fair, however I wasn't talking hypotheticals I was talking about the current reality in countries with legalised abortion. In those cases the women does have an easy opt-out of pregnancy while the man doesn't. As such the man should take care to wear protection for his own sake. I'm not saying I agree with this but like it or not it's how things are.

I believe the term would be plebs or casuals in this case.

>I'm not saying I agree with this but like it or not it's how things are.
Well I wouldn't be one to be challenging reality. In retrospect, I think this entire discussion may have gotten off on the wrong foot. I was mainly arguing from the Irish perspective.

Going to wait until after Valentine's to buy something but I'll probably just let the Swarovski vendor talk me into something
And you?

Indeed,thanks

>I'll probably just let the Swarovski vendor talk me into something
Very nice
>And you?
Don't be silly, I don't have a girlfriend.

Not comfortable with the idea of Lux having a girlfriend. It affects the balance of the general.

>I was mainly arguing from the Irish perspective
And I from the perspective of a country with abortion since we were talking about Lux's friend.

>I think this entire discussion may have gotten off on the wrong foot
There were some errors in communication but I'm glad we cleared them up politely. I like it when an argument ends with a mutual understanding instead of both sides becoming more antagonistic.

>I don't have a girlfriend.
Why not?

>Why not?
reasons

>I like it when an argument ends with a mutual understanding instead of both sides becoming more antagonistic.