What's your excuse for not having seen the best film of 2016 yet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=kimi na wa
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no girl's breasts to fondle in the morning
just let me die in my sleep

>implying
this was trash. go back to Sup Forums you fucking degenerate

Hands off!

why didn't one of them look at a calendar? Oh I know why because the movie is FUCKING RETARDED

Watched it in IMAX when I was in Japan last February and I loved it.
Rewatched it in the English dub this April with my girlfriend.

I already have the 4K Collector's Edition.

go back to your containment board, weeb

Because I don't have a gf and the heart wouldnt be able to take it.

Do you know if the 4K disc works in north american players?

>watching a dub
yuck, its not the real movie

Where's the HD download or stream?

Been waiting for this shit since I saw 5 centimeters per second.

Are the HD rips out yet? last time i checked they weren't

Yes, all 4K discs are region free.
And it has English subtitles in case you don't speak Japanese.
No English dub, though, in case you're curious.

My girlfriend can't speak Japanese and she prefers dubs over subtitles so we watched the English dub.

yes, 2 days ago

>No English dub, though, in case you're curious.
I wasn't curious because I'm not a dubfag
Thanks for the info though

Thanks famalam

Man what a shitty film. Pacing was all over the place, the climax didn't connect, and it's just so convoluted to try and fit its own logic. You telling me these kids, who are writing diary entries every day, didn't even check the date? It seems all so set up just to make the plot work, and in the end it just feels unfinished.

Is this death note?

You're supposed to educate your girfriend, not enable her degenaracy.

Literally arcane shinto magic
did you even watch it?

i was amazed they didn't try to text or call each other right after they realized they were switching bods

Oh so now I need to read a whole book about "Shinto" to understand a movie? It's like those movies that's actually "oh it's a reinterpreation of a bible story" so you actually have to read the bible to understand anything bullshit.

No it's fantasy and very clearly spelled out in the movie and it's not the focus anyway just a plot device

That is the first thing I think 95% of the smart phone using population would do once realizing it "Wasn't a dream" (I still think it was a dream-like state for both of them that's why they don't bother with the dates -I'm fine with that). The not contacting each other, to me was a much larger plot hole than checking the dates.

I enjoyed the film even with the "obvious" plot holes because they could have easily been written closed - but in doing so would draw your attention to the core conflict of the film earlier than the story was prepared to confront it.
It has plotholes- but people hardcore hating on it exclusively because of them just don't like anime I think and are looking for any excuse to shit on it.
It had zero effect on my enjoyment of the film, which I don't think was the best thing ever - but was a very good film with a tightly written story for the time allotted. Better than A silent voice which was horribly adapted.

I'm not a weeb.

>weeb shit
>best anything

The movie explains everything you need in order to understand and connect the dots, you just weren't paying attention.

>wasn't even nominated for best animate picture
Get fucked weeb

I haven't watched anime in years and plan to keep it that way.

>Pacing was all over the place, the climax didn't connect, and it's just so convoluted to try and fit its own logic.
>It seems all so set up just to make the plot work, and in the end it just feels unfinished.

This is 90% of all anime.

6/10

I exist in such a malaise I cannot even work up the effort to devote ~2 hours to a movie anymore. I need sound in my ears achieved through music or podcast, and something to do with my hands, usually that means posting on here

>Rewatched it in the English dub this April

How? There's no Blu-ray quality release with English dub.

i saw the american version of warriors of the wind in the mid 80's, and im convinced that is the pinnacle of anime, so i have no need to watch what looks like 90210 in cartoon

I think it was in burger cinemas by that time

Already did.
>plotholes
>terrible music choices
>no reason for characters to love each other
>terrible humor that is repeated too often
>generic character designs
>felt like it ended 3 times
Garbage

I only watch animated movies with an original artstyle. Not the usual bland anime shit.

nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=kimi na wa

>He has to spell out "girl's" breasts
lmao manboobs l0l

This, we went to see it in theaters.

Watch the original Japanese version or the re-dubbed version by Disney, both of which are uncut, the uncut version is called Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and it's much better than Warriors of the Wind.
The Warriors of the Wind cut of Nausicaä was actually responsible for Ghibli being very strict about localizing their films, and didn't allow both Warner Bros. and Fox Searchlight Pictures to release their films in English (except for Fox Searchlight releasing My Neighbor Totoro in the US).

Ironically enough, Disney, of all companies, was the only film studio willing to localize Ghibli's films completely uncensored.
And Studio Ghibli has to review and approve each of the English dubs which Disney produced, as well as any other localization.

i have the redubbed disney version, ive just never opened it. my only issue is ive had the vhs american version since i was like 5, and i have watched it so many times, it up there with the star wars OT and transformer movie, i dont know how i could take the new voices and names for characters. is there really that huge of a difference that ghibli had a fit over it?

Yes, there were a ton of differences, and the voice acting is much better in the Disney version.
The story also works better in the uncut version.

Don't let nostalgia blind you.

the early dub of tortoro is pretty bad
Disney have been pretty good to them apart from refusing to bring over only yesterday until last year, also Daisy Ridely...

The animation was nice and I liked the characters but the plot was all over the place, it wasn't even the best animu film though, both A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World were better, but all 3 were better than anything Hollywood did.

I want to drink mitsuhas sake!

Not a huge anime guy but I will always appreciate how anime can make mundane settings like a generic city street look warm and visually interesting. The background art always looks so good.

It's because it's completely empty of people to it appeals to autists like you.

>appreciate skillful visual execution of media
>hurr only autists like that
>Sup Forums

I've seen Nocturama.

I really don't understand why anime fans don't like english dubs.
I don't watch any TV series but most of the movies i've seen have been english dub and i like them more than reading subtitles.

the colors and light make this frame look so happy, i got sad

not gonna watch it until i fix my life

>having a gf so stupid she can't read subtitles

Major cuck alert.

We often watch foreign movies with subtitles often and Amélie is one of her favorite movies of all time.

She just wanted to watch the English dub because she knows we will watch it in Japanese when the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray comes out.
We later watched the Japanese version in 4K just a while ago, I had to turn on subtitles even if I am fluent in Japanese because she couldn't understand Japanese.

It's all about the intonation and performance, obviously the dubbing director is different too.
It's fine for kids who might have trouble reading and watching at the same time but if you're serious about it you will want to be watching it how it was originally intended to be watched

why does he have cum in his hair?

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

TAKIS

WHERE ARE THE TAKIS KUN

Even the Japanese critics didn't like it.

Kinema Junpo top 10 of the year:

1. In this Corner of the World (この世界の片隅に)

2. Shin-Godzilla (シン・ゴジラ)

3. Standing in the Abyss (淵に立つ)

4. Destruction Babies (ディすトラクション・ベイビーズ)

5. The Long Excuse (永い言い訳)

6. A Bride for Rip Van Winkle (リップヴァンウィンクルの花嫁)

7. Her Love Boils Bathwater (湯を沸かすほどの熱い愛)

8. Creepy (クリーピー 偽りの隣人)

9. Over the Fence (オーバー・フェンス)

10. Wrath (怒り)

I don't watch Sup Forumsnti-art

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

>2. Shin-Godzilla (シン・ゴジラ)

unsurprising.

>tfw no boobs

KEIT-AI FINDS A WAY

毛糸愛は方法を見つけます

KEIT-AI TROUVE UN MOYEN

KEIT-AI FINDET EINEN WEG

KEIT-AI TROVA UN MODO

KEIT-AI ENCUENTRA UNA MANERA

毛糸愛找到了戏路

게읻애 항상 길을 찾습니다

KEIT-AI BIR YOLUNU BULUR

KEIT-AI ZNAJDZIE SPOSÓB

KEIT-AI TROVAS MANIERON

קייט-איי מוצא דרך

its just a boring rom body swap time travel thing

gave it a 3/5 on letterboxd

sorry lads

Well i don't really care about any of that, when i watch anything that's animated that's not originally english i always watch the english dub version.
Anime fans are just stubborn weebs, i bet if they watch something like Persepolis, they wouldn't care if it was French or English.

Is it true? Did Sup Forums meme an anime copypasta into reality?

It's not that good.
Mediocre at best.

Shitty crywank made by a hack for normalfags and women. No wonder t/a/mblr likes it

great visuals, awful characters and character arcs

i saw it last night
it was ok
i don't get why people think it's so earth shatteringly brilliant though

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$353.3 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

i cant torrent
someone gib ddl

That's not Koe no Katachi

It's better than Koe no katachi in pretty much every respect

Did Sup Forums get any compensation for coming up with this idea?

t. plebs

>I really don't understand why anime fans don't like english dubs.
I don't like them because they majorly detract from the original work. It's not even the original work at that point. I don't understand why so many people treat voice acting as completely meaningless.

>wheredoyouthinkyouare.png

another reason is the pool of actors doign the dubs is so small you keep hearing the same voices in the same characters and it rarely ever suits
I do prefer some of the disney ghibli dubs to the original, Porco rosso for example has a bunch of ambient sound effects that the original lacks and it really adds to the film

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to

Not a film.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE

Becuase dubs put in minimal effort and don't even bother to sound like the original VA.
Especially modern dubs, there hasn't been a good english dub in the last 10 years.

Then you're saying it's a TV series or an OVA? Those are also on-topic here.

This is still not funny and will never be funny.

>I really don't understand why anime fans don't like english dubs
Because 99% of the time they are directed by retards and performed by bottom of the barrel actors who couldn't even make it on the tier below Broadway. They also misrepresent a lot of character portrayals or make the dialogue awkward and cringey. Some dubs like Cromartie High School are pretty good but most are shit.

>t. roid

Hothead mods doing it for free.

If I was a mod I would have banned you already.

Can confirm, no gf and had to go to therapy afterwards.

Keit-ai posters are cancer who force one of the most forced memes ever made because of attention seeking.

And then they get angry and desperate and defensive when people don't accept Keit-ai as a real thing.

Not a great movie, twist was apparent from the first time they showed how they communicated to each other.
Music was overused to the point where it was forcefully trying to elicit an emotional response from the viewer.
Art style was phenomenal, as expected from a project with Makoto Shinkai.
The writing was awkward. The characters kept on repeating the same words over and over in their head which was jarring. Though the humorous bits redeem it a bit, it's still in anime levels of writing..
People really should stop hyping movies to high heavens and giving them 10/10 as has been the case when looking through the threads discussing this movie.

2/5, a severely disappointing movie.

>anime has anime levels of writing
Shocker.

I did. It was really only good in the last half.

Also Koe no Katachi was better, and it also came out in 2016.