How come the poor tend to be more generous than the rich?

How come the poor tend to be more generous than the rich?
Is it the case in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-motives/201008/why-are-the-poor-more-generous
healthland.time.com/2012/02/28/why-the-rich-are-less-ethical-they-see-greed-as-good/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not really, rich people here are pressured to donate

Only donated after you are pressured is not “generosity”...

I forgot to say "proportionally" more generous.
in proportion to what they earn.

This would explain why in Paris for example you'll see more beggars in poor neighborhoods than in rich ones

(except very touristic places because millions of people)

>How come the poor tend to be more generous than the rich?

that's kind of disingenuous

the poor tend to donate to religious organizations which is worse than not donating at all imo

that doesn't explain generosity

You will not get rich by giving everything away.

This.
It's always the riches' argument to be content with being selfish : "I already pay enough taxes".

They imply that taxes are a sort of Robin Hood thing, going straight from the pocket of the rich to the pocket of the poor, because of laws made by morally perfect politicians.
It couldn't be further from the truth.

The rich control the lobbies. The lobbies pressure the politicians into sending the public money where they want : investment in the private sector, new airport, defense industry, new highways, police, prisons, court houses to arrest the poor...

In France, Pierre Rosanvallon, a serious neutral scientist, showed with figures that "redistribution" was a myth. "The idea that wealth was fairly redistributed to everyone by a so-called welfare state"

Rosanvallon is right-wing. But he fought for less taxes, because he says that the best excuse for high taxes (care for the poor) is not even legit.

>Is it the case in your country?
Yes, is common beggars spend more money with their pets than with themselves here

>85550599
can't tell if serious.

Kinda yeah but Russia is amongst least charitable countries overall.

I believe this is because poor people know deep down that hardships are not always your fault. While the rich tend to believe in merit (precisely because they never really had to struggle) (a kind of paradox...)

> least charitable countries
I didn't know that.

>they never really had to struggle
This is only true for ones who inherited their fortune.

big debate...

How so?

Real struggle is when you don't win. It makes you learn empathy. The hard way.
Self-made men are rare. One could even say it's a contradiction.

>The world created itself
ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING ! Yeah man quit magical thinking and learn cause and effect man!

>Billionaire Mark Bateman is a self-made man
I totally respect that.
Spematozoid who went himself in search for an ovocyte, then built an utero with its own hands. Really commendable.

most poor people here are violent retards

kek
Oui I guess they're not all saints.

Because when you empathize with people more, you tend to want to help them out. I'm not the richest person on the planet by any means, but I know how hard it sucks to be really poor because I've seen these people's living conditions before and know how horrible it is, so I just give them money to make it better for them.

Nice.

>pic
>I believe in the value of encouragement*
*encouragement: tellement someone things like : "I believe in you, you can make it!"

>I didn't know that.
Communism mindset. Gov owned everything and in turn had to take care of everything.
Ofcourse reality was a little different and now even more so, but mindset remains.

LOL no
Povertyfags are selfish hoarders

No, we have this thing called marginal taxation wich is basically ''forced altruism''
The more you earn the more you pay percentage wise, a person who earns 3000€ a month will pay ~30% tax, while a person who earns 5000€ a month will pay 45% tax.

Psychologically speaking poor people are more generous, and in general more ethical.

psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-motives/201008/why-are-the-poor-more-generous

healthland.time.com/2012/02/28/why-the-rich-are-less-ethical-they-see-greed-as-good/

It probably has less to do with wealth itself and more to do with the fact that capitalism systematically rewards psychopathic behaviour and punished ethical behaviour, so you kind of have to be a piece of shit to really succeed past upper middle class tier, especially in some industries.

>No
>wich is basically ''forced altruism''

It's not generosity if it's forced.

Idk man a lot of poor people I've met seem like they'd sell you out for $200 whereas rich people dont really need the money

So have I, but studies show that rich people are even more likely to do that.

It actually is the case, for some reason the wealkthier a guy gets in here the more miserable they become. Past a certain point they're all thieves and it only gets worse the further up you go.

Fuck a poor person may do something shitty for a few bucks but they down own shares in a sweatshop.

Oh well. Still based on my personal experiences richer people seem better to spend time with.

Yes
Same here, they even give their blankets to street dogs in the night so the dogs don't have cold while sleeping

Maybe, but like I said herethen being nice to you in person doesn’t make them good people. I’m sure Alabama plantation owners in 1850 were nice to hang out with too.

I don't believe really care about things such as good and evil because I know those are relative terms. The richer people Ive known are way more interesting the poors I've encountered in most cases it feels like they've never read a book in their lives among other negative attributes.

the poor tend to be rural, conservative dumb retards in the case of white people

and complete niggers/thugs in the case of niggers/nonwhites

the only good poor people are unironically first generation immigrants (the ones that work at least)

There are plenty of shortcomings poor people have, but this thread was about ethics/generosity. Keep in mind also that rich people are far more likely to have the free time to pursue personal development, and less likely to experience social ills like addiction, crime, etc.

the rich lack perspective about what it's like to be truly poor

The poor where I live usually steal from their own family and friends for Crystal or Fentanyl, so no I guess.

>the poor tend to be rural
Not really.
Look the USA : poor people are in States like California, and vote for the Left.

Then all I read in your post is "dumb retards", and I don't seem a rebuttal of figures about generosity.

I guess you right senpai

>Look the USA : poor people are in States like California, and vote for the Left.
ohh the delusion
the reality is that cali is a powerhouse for the unitest states and that the rich in general tend to be left leaning, the educated tend to be left learning too

In canada and the states, the right/far right are uneducated and usually more of a drain on society than the immigrants they complain about.

There's a reason if they are rich

In the US the politics divide is more geographic than class based. Rural areas tend to vote right and urban areas vote left, across class boundaries.

>In canada and the states, the right/far right are uneducated and usually more of a drain on society than the immigrants they complain about.

In Canada it’s kinda complex. You’ve got smug soccer moms in suburbia and Alberta oil barons voting conservative, Toronto Pajeets and Bay Street brokers voting liberal, and lumberjacks and women’s studies majors voting NDP.

This.
I grew up in a very small town (1500 people). My father was one of the physicians.
In primary schools a girl and I always got the best grades.
I felt it was easy, and I didn't think

>Fuck, school is easy and these fucking proles won't even make the effort to listen in class and do their homework! Bringing it all on themselves!

Nah, I felt rather guilty because I knew school was easy... for me. Not for them. I wished I could help them.
And don't think I was your stereotypical leftist kid, son of hipsters. My parents were right-wing, thought the poor were monsters, and the poor kids banded together with the older brothers to threaten my life.

I had nightmares every night. But still, I knew that the fact that school was easy was not because I was a hardworker and they were lazy.

But for me nothing is black or white. My mother was a catholic in denial, didn't work, and was a sort of professional victim.
These things are so complex it' hard to generalize.

I know I don't have particular respect for sons of first gen immigrants who "make it". Usually they're daddy's boys, always helped and pushed by their parents.
I don't idealize all poors.

>I know I don't have particular respect for sons of first gen immigrants who "make it". Usually they're daddy's boys, always helped and pushed by their parents.
why would you not have respect for these sorts?

they come from nothing and they make it and contribute to society

My only point is that there are more poors in California than in any other State.
And Calif votes for the Left.

So your idea of the poors as rural conservative rednecks voting for the right seems wrong.

They don’t come from nothing, they are usually from the upper middle class of wherever they came from. This isn’t 1870 where hordes of Chinese are lining up to die building a railroad.

>my hardworking ass is burning

>why would you not have respect for these sorts?
Because they're helped and ecouraged and loved by their parents.
While my father was abusive and my mum was busy being a battered wife, which I was trying to rescue.

>How come the poor tend to be more generous than the rich?
No.
Poor people aren't generous here -- only the rich are.

That's false. Not only do immigrants have to learn a new language but their parents usually have to do supplementary courses or work shit jobs so they have no time to spend with them.

Yeah they're not street shitters but they're not multi millionaires either, generally.

So in order to gain your respect you have to basically be an orphan missing his arms and have down syndrome? Why is it a competition of who's life is harder.

I forgot to write "proportionnally". I don't know which area were covered by the studies I saw.

>So in order to gain your respect you have to basically be an orphan missing his arms and have down syndrome?
I guess one thing I respect the most is generosity.

my parents were middle class where I come from, here in canada they're lower class in terms of income

I make a middle-upper class salary now and feel as though I've "made it"

Oh, you're right on that, my parents pushed me to get good grades, go to uni and shit (though they let me study whatever I wanted).

But still I feel I deserve more respect than people handed their entire lives on a silver platter yet they fail.

>So in order to gain your respect you have to basically be an orphan missing his arms and have down syndrome?
also,

kek'd

why, yes!

Aren’t you from the country that charges mothers to hold their newborn babies because rich people REEEEE every time anybody suggests public healthcare?

And what makes your respect so worthy of achieving? What's your name and what have you accomplished in life? You sound pretty self centered despite talking about generosity.

>But still I feel I deserve more respect than people handed their entire lives on a silver platter yet they fail.
Sure.

>what have you accomplished in life?
Not much.
The problem is I don't believe much in charity.

See how Eminem speaks of "Munchausen Syndrome" (by proxy) in "Cleaning Up My Closet" ?

He grew up in poverty but my catholic mother was the same : too focused on sacrifice, a sort of reversed narcissism, where failure becomes success.
That's why I don't work in a charity, or education.
I wanted to work in child protection, but didn't have the means. Also they screen people, they don't want survivors of that. (very weird, I know).

kek, saved.

Charity is a spook. Read Stirner.

Based.

go to montana or wyoming, poor, empty red states. rural and suburban retards

Night guys,
I'm watching "Taken" (2008) again, great french film.
Good morals too.

No, everyone is greedy oetz.

I like private property and im a wagie though

Y tho?

I want to protect my assets

I thought you said you were a wagie? By assets do you mean your house/car/waifu pillow/etc? Because that isn’t private property, it’s personal property. Private property refers to commercial property, at least in the commie understanding. Then again Stirner wasn’t a commie so he probably would have taken your shit and sold it to start a milk company.

My stocks mostly that's where the vast majority of my networth is

Oh okay, so you’re petty bourg, not a real wagie. Understandable then, but you can’t advocate for private property rights and also be an egoist, especially if you are a wagie in addition to being petty bourg.

No I'm a wagie I just don't really spend any money because I feel cucked by working so I invest it all to hopefully escape the rat race quickly. I think the bourgeois think is a little outdated since a worker can easily purchase shares of a company these days.

>I think the bourgeois think is a little outdated since a worker can easily purchase shares of a company these days.

The definitions are sure, but the concept of domination by an economic elite isn’t. This is exactly why there are sub-classes like petty bourgeois and labour aristocrat.

So what am I? I have about $35k total at almost 23, wagie in a small company. What is my subclass

I already told you, you’re pretty bourg. You are technically bourgeois but not particularly rich/powerful.

What will happen to me on the day of reckoning? I'm just trying to make it in this cruel world can I be spared?

You’ll lose your stocks for sure, but you and your buddies will sieze your workplace. What happens next depends on which kind of commies we are talking about, but considering your position you are looking at something ranging from nothing to a few years in gulag.

If you will do that me then ill have to ally with the fascists and capitalists. We could have been friends.

I don’t want to gulag people just for being bourgeois, and I don’t think most commies do either. We can still be friends.

I don't agree with your definition man. By that logic the vast majority of people are bourgeois since you can open an account and buy some stocks with a single average paycheck.

The rich got rich because they were greedy in the first place. Otherwise they wouldn't get rich

Maybe but most don’t, and and most wagies that do don’t derive the majority of their income from it. I would say that the line is far blurrier than it used to be but it works as a general guideline.

Yeah but id say there needs to be some clearly defined threshold.

That's heartbreaking

>CIAniggers can do whatever they want because they are CIA
Yea very great morals.

They're loyal creatures so they don't care if you're poor or whatever. There's people that beat them up and dogs still love them because they're their owners.
Point being, nobody cares about beggars and the homeless except their own pets so they tend to reciprocate that and there's nothing wrong with it

This.

Why would I give my non-hard earned money that my parents gave to me by their maybe hard work?

>average int lolbertarian

Libertarians are pussies. My train of thought is simpler, if you don't have 6 digits excluding commas and in US dollars or Sterling at the age of 25 you should be a slave for the rest of your days.

I might make it to that cut off. I will kill myself I somehow don't.

The only people here that donate more on average are usually religious types. Poor people don't donate very often because how tight money can be. Rich only donate for PR or if they get tax breaks out of it.

You vastly overestimate what “average” is. No, the average person does not have a stock portfolio. Stop using /biz/ for once, you’re better off than the 70% of people who love paycheck to paycheck.

I already pay enough taxes.
30% of my income goes to the state and municipality directly.
Everything I buy has 24% VAT added to it, except for food at 10% and some special items at 14%.

If this isn't enough, the poor deserve to die.

>If this isn't enough, the poor deserve to die.