In what order would you show a Star Wars films to a newbie? In what order do you watch the films?

In what order would you show a Star Wars films to a newbie? In what order do you watch the films?

IMO, there is only one correct order now that Rogue One has changed everything.

1-3
Rogue One
4-6
TFA
TLJ
Ewok Films
Holiday Special

Try and refute this. You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they liked that enough to want more, they're a grown adult and can pick for themselves.

I, II, Genndy Wars, III, RO IV, V, Ewok Films, VI, STOP

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

Why the FUCK would you watch the prequels first, if you even bother to watch them at all? Watching the prequels first makes it all the more apparent how inconsistent the two trilogies are, and they're shit movies in their own right and people only pretended to like them because Star Wars was in the title. Showing someone Phantom Menace first will just bore them.

This, except I'd be suggesting giving the rest a miss because they're so fucking shit.

I would start with 4-5-6, and if they really liked that the Clone Wars 2d cartoons + Rogue One. Then the Thrawn book trilogy if they like to read. I dont think I would recommend anything else.

way cooler poster than this movie deserves

>Why the FUCK would you watch the prequels first

Bail Organa. He screws the whole thing up.

You miss the whole surprise moment of his reveal if you haven't watched the prequels first. He's a major character in two films.

1, 2, Genndy Wars, TCW, 3 (skip Luke and Leia's birth to preserve the father twist), RO, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

This is the best version to show a child because they see all their favorite Jedi from CW and TCW get killed in Order 66 and are surprised by Anakin's fall to the dark side. Then they're surprised to find out that Luke is Anakin's son (unless they put it together already since they're both named 'Skywalker', depends on how old the kid is or how much they're paying attention). I would also show them TFA no matter what because I'm not a fag who forces my opinion of a movie on someone so I would let them at least watch the movie themselves and form their own opinion. Also TFA is required for the kino that will likely be TLJ.

4 - build up universe, get to know heroes
5 - continue story to point when vader revals truth
R1 - it will explain more how rebel works and few details about 4
1,2,3 - orgins of empire and vader
6 - back to continue battling empire and confront vader
7 - just to move along

Either
4>5>6>1>2>3>7>RO
Or
1>2>3>RO>4>5>6>7

Never been a fan of the machete cuts. Either do it chronologically or do it by release.

Release order is the only real option. I understand the reasoning for the machete order, but that still doesn't make it right

V > I > II > TCW > VI > VII > III > RO > IV

It looks fucked but this is tried and tested. It works.

>Start strong
>At this point, beginning with the twist is the only way to handle the complete clusterfuck while also not ending with shitty movies
>Get the three worst films out of the way early before rewarding the patience with another OT film
>lead into VII flawlessly from VI
>III, RO and IV to round out the final three films flowing smoothly.
>one film from each era to complete the journey
>End strong

>skip Luke and Leia's birth to preserve the father twist
What. You might as well skip episode 3 as a whole because it's one huge giveaway. Especially the second half of the movie.

Referring to Anakin Skywalker at all in the first two films gives it away...

Did you guys ignore the whole part where I recommended that for children who likely won't pay attention enough to understand that either them both having the name 'Skywalker' makes them related or likely even missed that Anakin's name is Skywalker in the first place? Obviously an adult will be able to put two and two together but for a child the twist would likely still work.

Yeah, but at least you don't see him turn into Vader in those two. It's alright to establish that Anakin is Luke's father but it's pointless to leave out just the birth scene and still include Order 66 and Anakin turning to the dark side. Fucking Palpatine even calls him Darth Vader.

Doesn't Anakin in TCW have a dream sequence where Vader's mask makes an appearance?
I mean, I guess the kid could relate that to Ben talking about Vader killing Anakin instead of realising that he will eventually become Vader...

Machete order makes a lot of sense from a narrative perspective.

IV
V
VI
VII

Then I wouldn't show them any more because I personally have no interest in seeing the other steaming piles of shit ever again (VI and VII are teetering on the brink). If they want to waste their time with unnecessary prequels, that's on them.

If you watch it with kids, watch 4 5 6 first, else you'll ruin the vader/father reveal

This

4>1>2>Select Clone Wars Episodes>5>3>6>RO
This is the order that would provide the best experience for a new viewer.
It would maximize on reveals and provide an interesting narrative between the past and present.
In 4 we get the Empire set up and all the main characters
We then get Obi Wan's history, knowing he just died and we get to see Anakin and anticipate his death by Darth Vader,
Then we get the reveal that Vader is the father and we get confused, leading to the answer to that question in 3.
6 then wraps up the story with a happy ending and the closing of Luke and Anakin's arcs.
The ending scenes of 2 and 5 look like the characters are gazing out to the past.
Alternatively, RO could be first.

TFA was purposely omitted.

>You might as well skip episode 3
Good idea!

Always release order since thats how it is intended. "Prequels" are meant to be watched after the thing they are prequels too, thats why they are called prequels. If you watch the movies in their numerical order first you wont get whats going on because the prequels have tons of nods to the OT etc etc

If you watch it with kids do 4 5 6 and ignore the rest because they're so FUCKING BORING

Also, you wonder why there were two baby's at the end of 3 allowing for the sister reveal.

>People's "objective" lists unironically include the prequels.

They're terrible and they entirely fail to offer any essential information that the OT doesn't already give us. Why waste six hours watching shitty movies when you can just start with the OT.

>He doesn't understand the prequels

>Then we get the reveal that Vader is the father and we get confused, leading to the answer to that question in 3.

Are you guys so braindead that you need information like this spoonfed to you? There's nothing confusing about Vader's reveal as Luke's father.

I meant you get confused because you wonder why Vader is saying this when an established character, Anakin, is said to be the father.
If you see more Anakin, it has a bigger impact is what I mean't.

>tfw you watched Sup Forums get tricked into unironically believing the prequels are good.

Watch 3 and that's it, if you want to watch the Clone Wars best episodes you can do that too, Sup Forums made a guide imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY
Force Awakens is just a mediocre remake of A New Hope so if The Last Jedi sucks you can skip it

IV
V
I
Some of TCW
III
VI
VII

RO and Rebels should be watched before IV, but only after the first viewing.

Clones is a piece of shit, Holiday Special is unbearable, and I haven't seen the Ewok films yet.