CTRL + F

>CTRL + F
>"Lord Death Man"
>no results

Let's have a thread celebrating the best Batman villain.

Bumping for Lord Death Man.

Aww shit a Lord Death Man thread.

"WELCOME, TO DIE!"
-Lord Death Man

Did somebody say Lord Death Man the Based God?

What the fuck is his problem, anyway?

He has the ability to die and then just respawn awhile later.
Really, it's inevitable that he'd go whole hog.

He's a man in a skeleton costume. He has no problems.

Dude seems like he's having a good time.

>ctrl f
For fucks sake you faggots theres an inbuilt search function that works far better.

I'm a skeleton in a man costume

Did he trick Batman to fuck with him?

hm.

He's want happens when you give somebody GTA powers

fuck

>"le DC doesn't have memepool so we are going to tarnish this RARE villain" version of Lord Death Man
DELETE THIS

>mfw I found out this is a real Batman villain

No, you're a brain in a skeleton costume, in a man costume.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Go read Batmanga and then Morrison's Batman run.

Well played.

Lord Death Man being a guy can simply come back to life is such a unique twist on the whole 'chaotic evil' villain. Unlike Joker, who seems to survive strictly based on plot armor, LDM has a valid reason to be crazy in that he can't stay dead.

Learning everything, not giving a fuck, killing and messing with people for fun? For someone who has probably done and seen nearly everything a normal mortal life provides with no consequences to worry about, it makes sense why he'd act like that.

Batman worries that killing someone would make him go over the edge. LDM hardly cares because to him, death is something to celebrate. It is also the one thing he may never truly have.

If DC stopped using Joker for 5 years would you want Lord Death Man to replace him?

Yes.

The Joker reflects the whole grim side of batman and that's cool and all, but Lord Death Man seems more interesting in general due to him having a bit more sensible staying power.

You know what would be a chilling plotline? Batman finally snaps and kills Lord Death Man, anticipating that he can't actually die so it does not really count as killing... But Lord Death Man seems to actually stay dead, bearing a heavy load onto Batman's psyche that pretty much drives him mad, which was Lord Death Man's plan all along: Being a callback to his original appearance in the manga.

Lord Death Man wanted to see how much the caped crusader's mind could handle killing someone before it snapped.

>Ra's al Ghul drains Lord Death Man's body of blood to refill the lazarus pit
>Dips in the 'Sons of Batman'
>They all arise as Lord Death Man.

I now what someone to retell the Killing Joke but replace Joker with LDM. Why hasn't Frank Miller even used Lord Death Man? He loves Japanese stuff so I'd think he'd have a hey day

You're a soul in a brain costume, in a skeleton costume, in a man costume, in a woman costume

>send Lord Death Man into space
>comes back as Space King Death Man
>fuck

>join a Mutants & Masterminds /tg/ game
>my character is literally an anti-heroic Lord Death Man and I didn't even know this character existed before today

I feel strangely validated.

>Send villain to space.
>He tries to kill heroes in space.

Truly no one can beat our based Lord Death Man.

What if they made a Batman game that's basically GTA in Gotham and you play as Lord Death Man and when you get a certain amount of stars fucking Batman just comes after you

>Katana kills him with the Soultaker
>Lord Death Man revives, but with his soul trapped he is left directionless and aimless
>gets a job as a salaryman
>becomes urban legend of salaryman who cannot die from work-related stress

Reddit-tier villian that spouts ill-fitting references and maintains his kookyness while being a serious threat because uninspired ability.

This reply has been posted on Sup Forums for the last two years.

Don't you talk about our lord and savior that way.

Ok, from the pages posted alone I already fucking love this guy.

Proves my point, he can be summed up as a wacky skeleton villian that's well-received simply because he only has two pieces of characterization. I imagine he'd be well received by the teen demographic if widely-known and we'd be hearing crowds clamor for LDM vs Deadpool.

It doesn't help that this thread is populated by shit-posters and meme-spouters. Batman Inc was a poorly-written mess.

>mfw

Kinda funny how people discovered this character and deemed him as OH SO QUIRKY JAPANESE ORIGINAL VILLAIN, when he was actually an adaptation of an american comic character, along with the story in general. And the iconic dialogue can be more chalked up to translation quirks than actual characterization. Any obscure one-off or obscure villain would've gotten the same treatment had the mangaka who did those mangas was given any other comic. Lord Kite Man. Lord Crazy Quilt.

It is funny how soon after Death Man took off from the BatManga stuff people discovered how he was based off an american comic..yet that info seems like it was buried.Lots of people here point to the manga being the original story, when it was just a retelling. Like the idea of Death Man being a Japanese original makes him a stronger concept than admitting he was a lost in translation export.

I was well aware of his first appearance in Batmanga was an adaptation of an existing Batman story but I just like him being a kinda Toku villain.

Seeley better use him again in Nightwing. His henchmen showed up in the previous issue to today's.

He's gonna show up again right? RIGHT?

IIRC he has dionysium flowing through his blood, granting him the ability to respawn from death.

I'm neurons firing in a brain costume in a skeleton costume in a man costume in a skeleton costume.

I don't even know why people read comic books they're so stupid

I love him because he was in the first Batman comic I ever read. I found some of my uncle's comics and that issue was the first one I found. Read it and the character's look always kept with me.

Funny how one day I looked in Batman Inc and suddenly there he is. I really have to buy my own copy of his first appearance dammit.

MYEAH

that filename paired with that image makes me very uncomfortable and i don't know why

Wait when did Lord Death Man show up after Morrison's run?

The volume of electrons neutrons and protons takes up only 1% of the area of an atom, in every atom, on an atomic level we are 99% empty space (composing a brain costume inside a skeleton costume inside a man costume)

LDM really does sound like Skeletor. Just watch his appearance on BTBAB

Honestly I don't even like comics anymore I just read them because I have nothing else to do on Wednesdays

Does he appear often in the '66 series? Been meaning to look into that