If you were offered a large sum of money from a foreign government for top-secret information about your country would...

If you were offered a large sum of money from a foreign government for top-secret information about your country would you do it?

How much?

Only if I knew they would protect me after that. What's the point of money if you are dead?

5 million dollars

Probably not unless I was protected like Russia said.

You are allowed to seek asylum

hell ya

Nah. As shitty as America can be I'm no traitor.

it'd be extremely surprising

depends on the type of information. Anything concerning our army/defence forces - no. Putler's family or friends list - yes

Probably not.
I would be a whistle blower, if I found the information was vile.

nice

No, I like my shithole country

if I lived in some scary country like USA, russia or china, I'd say no, but since it's just harmless sweden, then maybe. that is, of course, assuming it doesn't venture sweden's sovereignity or the safety of its citizens.

>receive 5 million dollars
>next day tragic suicide with 2 bullets in the back of my head

yeah, not dying for money
has it right

Nope

yes if the other country would give me asylum

You just got to cover your tracks

no

a civilian with no connections and no know how against an organized government and various secret services?
good luck

i don't have any top-secret information

Absolutely. I'd do it for 100 dollars. I fucking hate Argentina.

Edward Snowden did it

Depends on how much and who is asking for it.

Snowden was a CIA employee and was hired by a NSA contractor.

yeah but he whistleblew, and not sell data for money as I pointed out
snowden was granted asylum because he did good and exposed evil. if he did it for money not a single institution would have protected him

no i dont FBI nice try

depends on the country

in case it is a powerful non-anglo country that would ensure my personal safety, yes

in case it's Canada, Australia or UK, I would give them fake information that ends up hurting them in case they trust me

He used open-source encryption software to contact people. He didn't use anything special.

Nope, I actually knew a lot of secret shit 10 years ago when I was a submariner too.

No. I'd be extremely anxious about spies and assassins even if they never send any. I don't want to be responsible for possibly getting others hurt as well.

But the poffertjes recipe is a secret, they can't know it!