Amazing Spider-Man: Renew your vows MJ & Annie costumes

Hey look, costumes for the whole family!

> Spider-Man has had a lot of costumes over the years, and sometimes he seems to swap them out simply to match his mood. Just last week Peter Parker put on a new Spider-Man costume in the pages of Spider-Man/Deadpool #8. However, it isn’t every day that Mary Jane Watson and Peter and MJ’s daughter, Annie, get superhero costumes of their own.

>Okay, so Mary Jane did get a Spider-Man costume pretty recently, but she only wore it briefly. This new costume, designed by Ryan Stegman for the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows series with writer Gerry Conway, seems like it is built to last for a good, long while. Stegman gave Mary Jane, a professional supermodel, a more fashionable take on the classic Spider-Man look.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2016/08/17/exclusive-first-look-at-mary-jane-and-annie-parkers-new-spider-m/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

comicbook.com/2016/08/17/exclusive-first-look-at-mary-jane-and-annie-parkers-new-spider-m/

> “I wanted something sleek and fashionable,” Stegman says of Mary Jane’s design. “Because it's Mary Jane! The white sets her apart from Peter, and the eye mask I think is a nice touch. Mary Jane wouldn't want to cover her hair with a full-face mask!”

>Stegman took a somewhat more personal approach to designing the costume for Annie, which has a “safety first” aesthetic to it.

>“I approached it as a parent would, since I'm a parent myself,” Stegman explains. “I just taught my son to ride a bike and whenever he gets on that thing I pad him up something fierce. And as parents, MJ and Peter have to be terrified of their daughter swinging around the city of New York! So Annie reluctantly accepts their mandate that she is not allowed to go swinging around without her pads.”

I have been waiting for something like this for years!! Decades, in fact. DECADES!!!!!

Okay this ain't gonna happen, but what if this comic actually sells more than the actual Amazing Spider-Man comic?

Then it sells more than Amazing Spidey they probably have no real reason to change Spidey to THIS Spidey.

Easy, just like in previous similar stories, they will merge both versions of Peter and MJ; restoring the marriage in the main continuity.
However, somethig is weird. Why the costume for MJ? OK, protect secret identity? But when did she get powers? (Maybe a secondary effect of "Spider-Island"? (I hope so).

so what IS "Renew your vows?"

I want to say that she's just along for the ride. I can't think of anything else, my mind's too busy fantasizing about lewd stuff with MJ

Marvel seeing what they did to Superman and saying, that's a neat idea.

Who the fuck is Annie? Their kid is named May.

This is a different universe from that one.

I see Conway is goiung to show the whole world how much MJ is his waifu. Eh, I was OK with the concept at the start, but the more I learn about it, the worse it gets.
A Secret War mini-series that turns into ongoing in october, I think. It didn't fucking deserve it. Thors or even Armor Wars were way more interesting.

These are some bad fucking costumes.

MJ is Peter's costume with most of cool stuff in it dropped.

wait mj never got bitten. Is she going to run around in a spider-man costume without costume?

nice

without powers*

Nice

Wasn't she using a battlesuit?

Their kid is named May outside of 616 too

this

>Superman vs the Amazing Spider-man 2
>It's Clark and Peter chapperoning their kids on a date.

This looks so great, I can't fucking wait, MJ is doing things to me in that costume.

>MILF MJ
That hair is doing things to me.

Spider-kid's costume looks like trash.

When did MJ get powers?

annie may parker

>Thors or even Armor Wars were way more interesting.
nah

Thors was pretty badass, but not as cool as RYV was for me

Radioactive cum finally doing its job years later.

Their kid is named Annie May (I am not joking) it's still May but from another universe.

But yeah Mayday Parker is the better Spider-Daughter.

I'll support the first issue simply because its not written by Slott, if it turns out good then i might keep reading to see where it goes, so aside from Vision, Moon Knight and Carnage i can finally read something else from Marvel hoping that it not complete shit.
Also, is Peter's daughter a bastard? I dont remember if they got married.

Armor Wars reached its logical conclusion and Thors can't wouldn't be the same because Battleword doesn't technically exist anymore.

This guy gets it.

LEGS!

nope they were married

>But when did she get powers?
It turns out she swallows, user.

no one cares, Quesada.

holy shit user

Spider-Semen taken anally is like a MGH suppository. You know MJ loves her husband.

it causes cancer, tho'

Well it does still exist at the end of Contest of Champions and while they could have Thors of different realities forming a police force to stop those who come to Battleworld for iso-8, there's currently a team there doing that

No it doesn't. Not in this universe or any universe, ever. You shut your whore mouth.
I bet you agree with kbox, too. Stupid.

>he didn't read Spider-man: Reign

That was willful ignorance, user. Though I didn't care for Reign because it is fucking depressing. Peter deserves a better end than that shit.
For those curious, kbox used Reign as justification for his demented fetish and commissions. Essentially "N-No guys I'm sending a message! M-Making a stand, really!"

I don't even know who kbox is...

I envy your ignorance.

someone who has a weird obsession with micro penises.

alternate universe where OMD never happened and Aunt May died after Civil War. a big bad named Regent came and took over, and after killing Venom, Spidey hung up his cowl rather than endager his wife and daughter.

a decade or so later his daughter gets outed as having powers, so he goes in and defeats Regent.

It's historically proven that SPider-Women with half/domino masks are fucking awful. Compare Ultimate Jess, Mayday, and Spider-Gwen with any Jessica Drew. Silk is riding the line already.

I like Anya's costume.

>half mask
I stand by my words. It'd be better as a full mask, essentially a black version of Ult. Jess's suit.

Anya is great, though, I mean.

>However, somethig is weird. Why the costume for MJ? OK, protect secret identity? But when did she get powers?

RADIE-O-ACTIVE SPIDER-SEMEN

DRR DUNN DURRR DUNN

*guitar riff continues

SPIDER-SEMEN SPIDER-SEMEN.

>I like Anya's hand-me-down costume
FTFY

Well it's actually Julia's costume which Jess and Black Spidey's was based off of.
So basically one of the best Spidey costumes is just a modified Spider-woman costume.

Mayday's (or whatever her name is) costume is fucking awful. That big breastplate and shoulder pads look cumbersome as hell.

>or whatever her name is
Anime

Her middle name is May.

It's hard for me to trust this book when literally everyone at Marvel (except like 3 people) hate MJ/Peter more than the holocaust.

Makes me think editorial is going to tell Conway to write their marriage as shitty as possible to tank the book and tell everyone that marriage is the worse thing in the 21st century.

Usually when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Could be worse. Her name could have been Maymay.

Fuck yourself with a chainsaw Quesdilla.

>So Annie reluctantly accepts their mandate that she is not allowed to go swinging around without her pads.
That's cute.

>Anya will never ever get her birthright back even though it wasn't even that badly damage

>Mary Jane wouldn't want to cover her hair with a full-face mask!”
as a fashion model and actress, MJ wouldn't want to wear something that ugly to begin with

Those costumes are fucking garbage, and now I feel like they're just going to make it as hard as possible for this book to succeed. More than previously, anyway.

>MJ gets TWO AU's where her and Peter are happily married with a super kid, and is the LI for three movies
>Gwen gets an AU where she got spider-powers instead, and is the LI for two movies
>Felicia gets nothing

It's not fair!

She got a plotline in the classic Spiderman 2 video game that deserved to be in the movie.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Felicia as a LI, but I want to be. This page piques my interest, b ut I still can't help but see her as the one who couldn't have sex with Peter unless he wore the mask and screamed in horror when he shared his identity with her, and sold his blood for her own avarice.

Can someone give me the best Peter/Felicia stories? Preferably with art better than Terry 'The Asian Face' Dodson.

I'm assuming you've read the 'Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man' era stories where they were dating. 71 onwards, I think it was.

There's Spider-Man, Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, with has an amazing first half that gets derailed by the story becoming a PSA about rape, but that first half is really good.

there's two different What Ifs?, 'Spider-Man kept the symbiote' and 'Kraven killed Spider-Man in Last Hunt' that both have Felicia avenge his death at any cost.

along with those and MK:SM, there's really not a lot of content that portrays Felicia in a positive light. there's a What If? Where Peter ends up marrying Felicia instead of MJ, but it's filled with a bunch of rather stupid decisions about how they carry out their marriage, and ends with Felicia dying and Spider-Man hooking up with Silver Sable.

Most of the other stories that depict her in a good light as a person also have Spider-Man kept away on a ten foot pole. Marvel Diva's has one of its plots being her coming very close to backsliding into amorality due to temptation and her current relationship falling apart, but culminates in her admitting that even now she doesn't want to disappoint Peter.
Spider-Man presents: Black Cat is a Gauntlet tie-in where Black Cat and her little posse fuck with the Kravinovs to try and make things easier for Spidey (remember that they were making their preparations for Grim Hunt at the time)

beyond that there's just their original meeting in ASM 194, their second meeting in ASM 204, and their relationship itself.
You can also check out ASM...266 onwards? which is about Felicia fucking with MJ due to taking the news of Peter marrying her badly (which itself was delivered by Venom after beating the shit out of her the very day she came back to New York to tell Peter she wanted to be with him as both Spider-Man and Peter), but she lays off the fuckery the second Peter needs her help with something.

the whole thing is just incredibly frustrating for me since between the increasingly absurd drama between them are glimpses of exactly the kind of relationship I love in fiction. They have phenomenal sexual chemistry, they crack jokes all the time, they can fight side by side, they're both largely independent so you can have a story featuring one but not the other without it being a federal issue,

Felicia gets turned into a shitty street-level crime boss for no good reason. These are dark days for the character.

I really really like this

>i can finally read something else from Marvel hoping that it not complete shit.
New Avengers, Ultimates, Deadpool, Spider-Man & Deadpool, and Uncanny Avengers range from good to great. Ewing, Duggan, and Kelly are great.

Can't wait for the spider Jane cosplays

Thankfully you can just Space Phantom this period away.

Is it over yet?

kinda.

the arc in Silk ended with Black Cat getting arrested by SHIELD and Silk telling her that she knows deep down Felicia isn't actually evil.

give her a tour on the thunderbolts or USAvengers or something and you can put her back to how she was before Slott Machine got his hands on her.

If only there was some way to put her back to before OMD retconned away all her character development

>Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man' era stories where they were dating
I haven't, I only possess... two, of that run. Really difficult to catch em all.

>there's two different What Ifs?, 'Spider-Man kept the symbiote' and 'Kraven killed Spider-Man in Last Hunt' that both have Felicia avenge his death at any cost.

Sadly, I loathe any story that has Peter dying permanently. Childhood hero and all.

I was hoping she had her own definitive, 'go to' run that showed her, idk, 'fitness', as a love interest. Like how MJ has the JMS run, and Chat only has MA, but that is still great. I have read Marvel Knights and her interactions with him are loyal and sincere, like when she was there INSTANTLY to save him from Vulture, which I thought was awesome. Sadly, it seems like she wasn't there for Peter until after he got married, which I mean is sad for her.

Felicia missed the boat. Then when it came back everything got slotted. Being Felicia is suffering.

Honestly, the fact that Slott did nothing with evil Felicia, but Bendis did a big arc with her trying to kill Miles for no reason makes me think it was his idea. Or editorial. Not trying to defend Slott, that arc was horrible, but for all his problems and fuck ups, Dan usually finishes his plotlines.
Honestly she is great in Peter Parker, Spider-Man right until the stupid thing where she basically freaks out when sees Peter under the mask. Also, you'll have a great arc with Doc Ock trying to kill Peter and one of their best battles.

> Really difficult to catch em all.
I found all of them on libgen.io. should still be there. The biggest shortcoming the run has is how a lot of the conflict between them is soap opera tier, but the crux of it is good. It's also a bit refreshing to a see a story where the LI has trouble dealing with their partner's civilian side for once, when most of the time it's the civilian side they fell in love with and the alter ego they have a problem with

> Like how MJ has the JMS run
funny. the JMS run was my introduction to Spider-Man comics, and I couldn't muster anything but contempt for their relationship. I had no idea at the time even who Peter's other suitors were other than 'someone named Gwen, who died', but the way JMS wrote them they seemed completely ill-suited for one another. They wanted completely different things from the relationship, their attempts to compromise just made them both unhappy, and it really felt like the only reason MJ didn't break it off at all was she was worried what would happen to Peter without her emotional support

>Felicia missed the boat.
she got put on the boat in the first place because stan lee wanted peter to marry MJ on the same in the comics as he was going to do in the newspaper strip since he knew that would be a good marketing stunt

>Spider powered MJ marriage.

I can't help but feel this defeats the purpose.

>big arc
I thought it was like three issues, and was resolved by them just running away when they realized the avengers were probably coming to rescue him, after having a short discussion about how they don't even really give a shit about Miles, it just makes them feel better by beating up 'a' Spider-Man

>she got put on the boat in the first place because stan lee wanted peter to marry MJ on the same in the comics as he was going to do in the newspaper strip since he knew that would be a good marketing stunt
It's funny, because it's basically like modern synergy with movies. The thing is, it made sense in strip for Peter and MJ to marry. They didn't have giant breaks in their relationships like their comic selves did. In comics? It felt rushed. Hell, Felicia learned that they were married from fucking Venom. Yes, Peter is kinda of a dick, but he could've at least talked with Felicia about him gewtting married.
To be honest, these 3 issues were part of 5 issues long arc. But you have a point, yeah.

I mean they could just do what we all want and have Venom bond with her without Peter knowing. They could say it's AU suit that never got over Peter and still loves him. Essentially becoming a singular entity with MJ.

>he could've at least talked with Felicia about him getting married.
she was literally on a boat. after a convoluted affair with another man who she betrayed, who in turn was just using her to try and recruit Spider-Man into joining his league of assassins, which Spidey turned down, she decided that she needed to get out of New York and take a trip to figure out what she actually wants. All she left was a note saying as much, and Peter was given no means to chase after her.

and it's kinda hard to tell with comic time, but lining the issues up back to back it reads like it only took Peter two or three months at most to get back with MJ and then marry her, with Felicia returning maybe a few weeks later.

I'm pretty sure that's just your fetish.

>funny. the JMS run was my introduction to Spider-Man comics, and I couldn't muster anything but contempt for their relationship. I had no idea at the time even who Peter's other suitors were other than 'someone named Gwen, who died', but the way JMS wrote them they seemed completely ill-suited for one another. They wanted completely different things from the relationship, their attempts to compromise just made them both unhappy, and it really felt like the only reason MJ didn't break it off at all was she was worried what would happen to Peter without her emotional support

Man, that's so weird. I usually can barely MJ as the LI because she's EVERYWHERE and essentially oversaturated. Movies, cartoons, reboots, everywhere. As if people say "She's the one, no really" because there really isn't any meaningful competition at this point that's been around as long or as steadily. which is why I can't really take anyone's word for it when they say they're the best pair. Compared to whom? Other LI's who haven't got the same amount of spotlight?

But I felt that the JMS run really showed a good dynamic between them, as a married couple. They had each others backs, save the beginning where she was in California. I mean, if she cared, she wouldn't have left. Your husband risks his life constantly, you're the only person he can confide in and you leave him?

>she got put on the boat in the first place because stan lee wanted peter to marry MJ on the same in the comics as he was going to do in the newspaper strip since he knew that would be a good marketing stunt

And she really can't catch a break. From what I've seen, her OMD self is, well, a bitch. Pre-Superior, even. Refuses to fuck without his mask, sells his blood, come on.

>Refuses to fuck without his mask, sells his blood
Fucks Daredevil, pointedly kisses in front of Peter to make Peter jealous

>Compared to whom? Other LI's who haven't got the same amount of spotlight?
Honestly, that's why I'll be kinda OK if they ressurect Gwen for serious. She was actually in some merch and cartoons and movies.
Plus, it'll stop Norman from bragging about it and taking Peter loved ones to bridges and other similar structures. And, yes, Sins Past, but retcons are still a thing.

If Dan Slott gets to have his incest and midget fetishes published, why can't user?

>Face it Tiger. We hit the jackpot.

i mean, i believe that.

that's why her powers were slot to manifest in spider island.

so, really?

Doesn't Venom deserve a happy end?
Its only crime is loving Pete....and murdering and assaulting all those people.

costumes will probably grow on me. Im not feeling it. Also I never imagined MJ to be another spider person if she has powers. Seems unlike her desu and is a bit clichéd.

why not a full mask?

How did MJ get spiderman powers?

She doesn't like it when he pulls out.

More like Regent Tech?