Collection/shelf thread?

Post your shelves.

If this is considered the buyfag thread too, can I ask why the fuck glue bindings are a thing?

Recently got into buying omnibi instead of smaller books, and I'm wondering why the hell they cost that much if they're not sewn but glued.

Because the suckers will pay anyway?

200 page glued books aren't going to just fall apart for the most part and if you look close you will see they are actually stitched through with a plastic staple. Omnibus have plenty of issues with breaking apart from their own weight, sagging etc. I agree though that every single book should be sewn though but I still like trades better.

Recent addition to the shelf is the 1st Moon Knight epic.

Punisher/10

Bro I am fucking jealous of those moon knights, of the two series' u have, which would u recommend..

I appreciate your commitment to Punisher.

Calvin and Hobbes and Magic. You're a cool dude.

Be gentle Sup Forums

Meant of the 3*

Those mignolas,,, hnnnng, and goon, hnnnnnnnng..
How is that Lobo comic, I've been wanting to read some of his stuff, but I'd say I have trouble getting along with some of his earlier artwork.

The Lobo question can be directed at bot of u seeing as u both have a volume.

>dem tiny titans
I have growing up tiny too. Did you buy it because of kids?

Also I'd love to post my shelf, I've always lurked and posted recent gets, but never my shelf.. ive been in the middle of moving so my collection is split between 3 places. I'd just like to finally post a pic when it's all together,, is that stupid of me? Also I really wanna get at least 1 scale size power battery for aesthetics and reasons. I'll post my 1/3 shelf when I arrive home if I'm asked to.

>I'd just like to finally post a pic when it's all together,, is that stupid of me?
Nah, man. It's all good, take all the time you need to get organised.

i wish i had money :(

I wish i had shelves :(

I haven't started reading the first epic yet, just had time to display it and take pice before I left for work. 2nd epic was fantastic though.

>How is the Lobo comic

I didn't think it was that bad, I know alot of people hate his redesign but it was a fun read.

The pic is probably sideways but here's a handful. My friends and I all pass our books around; the 100 Bullets/Before Watchmen and a few others aren't actually mine. I look forward to the day I have an actual nice, neat shelf.

Nice bro, this is about the size of my shelf right now ( split in 3) I'll post a pic layer when I'm more sober and home.

No i just love Tiny Titans

If Grant and or Giffen are on a Lobo book it's amazing

user it's not about having shelfs, if you love comics that's enough

1/2
backlog is building up, gotta get through a bunch of stuff before school starts again, hnnnng

2/3

3/3
in storage

What kind of paper did they use on that Green Lantern/Green Arrow?

Are the punisher max hardcovers going outta print? I bought vol 2 and 3 but midtown never restocks them

Do you tend to tradewait or buy floppies?

please answer this question as well

I usually buy some floppies to support a series then i tend to fall off a book and end up trade waiting.

Canadabros make sure you take up that extra 15% off deal right now on Amazon. It also applies to preorders

Also these just popped up on Amazon
>Young Avengers by Allen Heinberg and Jim Cheung: The Complete Collection
>Zatanna by Paul Dini
>Batman: Ego & Other Tails Deluxe Edition

Paul Dini's Zatanna is really quite fun.

>>Zatanna by Paul Dini
Nice.

>Black Hole

Excellent taste!`

(and that piggy bank is adorable.)

I agree, i dont use cash so i never have change but i always make space for him.

Bump

Not the same guy, but I also have a copy, it's uncoated paper. Well bound in its covers so as long as you handle it delicately you should be good to go.

Pretty much my answer usually, but I do tend to value some floppies more due to sentimentality. But I'm slightly indifferent on floppies, tpb's, and hc's.
I mean if you have animal man the vertigo run in floppies that's 99% cool, then 4 tpb's 99.5%, then hc's 100%. Very nominal, (if I'm giving tmi it's because I've been drinking and over thinking things) As long as I have the money for it, and I want it, I'll do it, that goes along with my mentality.

Respect for sentimentality.

Well I mean he was a gift from my mother so I'll have my Piggy Bat forever.

1/7

2/7

X/7

My god user, mad respect.

Why are all of your books wearing condoms?

I'm very OCD about my comics.

Thanks, man.

3/7

4/7

5/7

6/7

7/7

What are all the storage bags you use? Just ziploc or something or those ones with the adhesive band?

I've never seen that done, nice job keeping stuff pristine yo

Most trade paperbacks will fit in a silver age comic sleeve. I use magazine sleeves for the bigger books. These are the kinds of bags I use.

bump

all I got is the Dark Knight Returns and the released issues of DK III

Is it a pain to reseal them when you lend books out?

Where did you buy the book condoms?

Good shit.

>Bag them
>let them fucking lean to one side
what r u doin

Working on DCU/Vertigo chronology, what's missing?

Sandman: Endless nights.
Sandman: Dream Hunters.
Sandman: Overture.
Madam Xanadu: Disenchanted.
Sandman Mystery Theatre 1-6.
Sandman: Midnight Threatre.
Sandman Mystery Theatre 7.
Madam Xanadu: Exodus Noir.
Sandman Mystery Theatre 8.
Saga of the Swamp Thing 1-3.
Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Hellblazer 1.
Saga of the Swamp Thing 4-8.
Hellblazer 2.
Saga of the Swamp Thing 9.
Hellblazer 3.
Neil Gaiman's Sandman Omnibus 1.
Hellblazer 4.
Neil Gaiman's The Books of Magic.
Hellblazer 5-8
Neil Gaiman's Death.
Neil Gaiman's Sandman Omnibus 2.
Black Orchid.
The Books of Faerie.
Free Country: A tale of the Children's Crusade.
The Books of Magic: Bindings.
The Books of Magic: Summonings.
The Books of Magic: Reckonings.
The Books of Magic: Transformations.
The Books of Magic: Girl in the Box.
The Books of Faerie: Auberon's Tale.
The Books of Magic: The Burning Girl.
The Books of Magic: Death After Death.
The Books of Magic by Peter Gross.
House of Secrets.
JLA: Strength in Numbers.
Names of Magic.
The Furies.
House of Secrets: Facade 1 & 2.
Sandman Presents: Taller Tales.
The Dreaming: Through the Gates of Horn and Ivory.
The Dreaming: Trial and Error.
Winter's Edge: 1 & 2.
The Dreaming: Beyond the Shores of Night and the rest of The Dreaming series.
Lucifer 1-5.
Hunter: The Age of Magic.
Winter's Edge #3.
Sandman presents: Thessaly-Witch for Hire.
God Save The Queen.
Superman: The Black Ring.
Sandman presents: The Dead Boy Detectives.
Dead Boy Detectives by Jill Thompson.
The Dead Boy Detectives: Schoolboy Terrors.
The Dead Boy Detectives: Ghost Snow.
Destiny: A Chronicle of Deaths Foretold.
Vertigo's The House of Mystery.

Where do UK anons buy their stuff? I always thought Forbidden Planet was expensive, but I was in this week and a lot of stuff was cheaper than I'd been looking at it on Amazon. Not massively, but we're talking £2-3 per book.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass since I'm so used to just getting stuff next day. My blu-ray collection is much bigger than my comics one, and those are cheapest on Amazon, so I'm super used to Prime. Actually walking to a shop seems crazy.

That said, physical stores seem to be way worse for manga than they used to be. Forbidden Planet and Travelling Man both seemed to do 3 for 2 on manga for years, but that's dried up in the last year or so.

Anyway, I get paid tomorrow and will be in town on Saturday, so may be coming home with a big stack of books. Have my eye on some New Teen Titans, New X-Men, X-23 and Morrisom Batman stuff.

These babies just came in the mail today.
Decided to read Nextwave first, and I loved it so much that I finished it all.

No photo because I had to run out to work, but I picked up 5 books for just over 8 bucks on Monday.

Grendel: Black, White and Red
Adventures of Superman (that webcomic trade Vol 1)
Genesis (Image comics)
Shutter Vol 1
Avengers Endless Wartime OGN HC

Missed out on a few books there. Lotta singles too, especially Image and Vertigo.

Debating between picking up the two Deluxe Sweet Tooth books or the Perez WW omnibus. Any helpful hints as to what I should get (better binding or gutter loss in either)?

Sweet tooth is better.

>amazon

SpeedyHen used to have great prices, then some retards voted to leave the EU, the pound turned to shit and the prices have all increased.

Also depends on which Forbidden Planet. International actually sells things below cover price and sometimes you'll find a steal.

Your best bet is just comparing Wordery, BookDepository, cheap-comics.com, Amazon, eBay, AbeBooks etc... and seeing which is cheapest.

>then some retards voted to leave the EU

Whoops.

My newest, I also don't plan on buying anything else until the end of September.

The pound is still stable to the dollar for now, better than the euro rates at least.

Order from the US and the savings will outweigh the shipping, britbong buddy.

Spiked above 1.31 today after the retail figures dropped too.

Data has been positive all week. One "not as bad as we expected" release after another. Not going to go back to 1.45 any time soon, but it's doing fine.

Which actually is a bit of a pain in the ass since I work in FX and we'd been super quiet recently with all the doom and gloom. Had almost gotten used to doing fuck all at work.

They aren't sealed in cellophane. The bags are just sleeves and taped down. Also I don't lend books out. I don't have too many friends to lend anything to anyway.

Any comic shop sells them or can order them. Either that at Amazon. I usually buy them from my local comic shop.

They don't usually do that. I fixed it after I took the pictures.

Kudos on the Punisher Max stuff. If you haven't read that before, you're in for a real treat.

>some retards voted to leave the EU
>He voted remain so he could afford to buy more funnybooks with his NEETbux.

>Supermutant Magic Academy
>Beautiful Darkness
>Black Hole
Good taste user. Did you enjoy SMA?

I literally never buy floppies. Its all tradewaiting for me. Sometimes if a series is almost over I even skip the trades and wait for omnis.
I move around a lot and its a lot easier to move a few books than box after box of floppies.

Some from last thread, some new stuff.

Batman Noir: The Killing Joke is a bit weird.
The art looks great in black and white. But some of the panels don't work. For example, the one where the paint from "Joker" hands comes off.
Only half of the book is the comic. The rest is “An Innocent Man” and Bolland covers.
Also, the height is weird. Somewhere between a omnibus/deluxe edition and an absolute.

What's your honest opinion on Criminal?

Not him but I only really liked 3 arcs, Lawless, Coward and Last of the Innocent. Just read Stray Bullets instead if you want a crime comic that has interconnected stories.

Did this happen to anyone (book falling apart) or is everyone shitting on glued bindings from hearsay?

Does SpeedyHen deliver (at a reasonable price) to other EU countries no matter how shitty they are?

I have a ton of glue binding comics and the only way I can see them falling apart is if you purposefully try to ruin them.

I don't like glue binding on a hardcover because it more the books spine feel really tight which can make reading feel awkward since your have to basically force the book to stay open and of you don't it could just close itself

Gotham Academy is good shit. Shame about Yearbook, the last 4 or 5 issues were such a let down.

Not BAD, it's just the mini-anthology story format was way less interesting than the arcs before.

I may try both. I'm always on the lookout for a new series to read.

This. If it's sewn it will lay open flat.

bamp

At first I didn't get the appeal. The stories were B-movie tier.
But then I read further and realized how good the storytelling was. The chemistry between Brubaker and Phillips is amazing.
Solid crime noir with tight script and efficient art. Probably the best of the Brubaker/Phillips comics.

Alright cool I'll check it out.

I was moreso bitching about what said, I hate not being able to see up to the edge of the page without feeling like I'm gonna tear my books spine.

When you have the weight of pages of a large omnibus, just opening it to a middle page feels like it'll do that by itself.

Omnibuses are more trouble than they're worth.

Most aren't much cheaper than buying the separate TPBs, they're more liable to fall to bits, and they're less comfortable to actually sit and read.

They do look super nice on a shelf, though.

bumpity bump

That's more or less why I buy them. I've read all of the shit in my omnibuses digitally and just bought it to put it on my shelf.

Here are all my current additions! Machine Man Complete Collection is on the way!

New Shelf!

I've been threatening to buy one for ages, and now that I've been given one (for free!) I can stick all my stuff out for once.

Goon 3 and some other bits are on the way when I get paid.

Here are my recent purchases. I love Sweet Tooth but it leaves me an emotional wreck reading it.

Here is my first bookcase.

Here is my second bookshelf. Suddenly super blurry. Super stoked to finally have Strange Girl HC.

And my last shelf. I would appreciate some recommendations. I'm definitely going to get the two Invincible books I'm missing and the rest of the Vampirella archives. And hopefully a new bookshelf.

So I was looking at something on Etsy and wondered what was on there for comics and GN, turns out theres alot... some really weird stuff too, I guess its kinda like ebay, browsing page by page is like walking through a flea market though... kinda neat.

Just something i came across, i had never thought to look for books on a site like that.

What's that between Gurrenn Laggann and Full Metal Panic?

>Machine Man Complete Collection
my man!
Just ordered as well.

Giovanni's Island.

I bought the first two 100 Bullets trades and...it was good, but it didn't really caught me. Should I keep going?

>want to buy hardcovers.
>remember that it sucks reading a hardcover due to binding.
>remember not everything is released in a hardcover, so shelf would look mismatched.
>don't buy anything

fml. anyone got some cool/rare dc items?