Watchmen

What does Sup Forums think of watchmen? Discussion thread. Film or book.

it's great, but like many benchmark spawned a generation of imitators

lil interviewtime? love this bit

STRONG TOGETHER UNITE FOREVER

Didn't even know these existed. Thanks.

Amazing characterization.

Adore what Morrison did w/ Pax Americana.

Ellis' Injection features something of an Ozy-like character (effete peak human thinker and fighter), great book too

I'm nutty!

OP what's your opinion on the Rebirth reveal?

The motion comic is worth a watch as well.

>“The disciplines of physical exercise, meditation and study aren't terribly esoteric. The means to attain a capability far beyond that of the so-called ordinary person are within the reach of everyone, if their desire and their will are strong enough. I have studied science, art, religion and a hundred different philosophies. Anyone could do as much. By applying what you learn and ordering your thoughts in an intelligent manner it is possible to accomplish almost anything. Possible for an 'ordinary person.' There's a notion I'd like to see buried: the ordinary person. Ridiculous. There is no ordinary person.”

As inspiring as anything Supes or Cap ever said imo

Personally I haven't read too much recently but I did find it pretty interesting that they brought manhattan back into it the way that they did.

It was a pretty cool way to do a reboot. I'm looking forward to reading more.

I wonder what Dan and Laury are up to?

They might have gone back to vigilantism.

Loved the comic. It works great collectively but also every issue on its own works and is a little wonder. The first I read 4 and 6 I was absolutely floored by them.

After the movie and Before Watchmen, I'm frankly indifferent about it. All of it collectively and whatever they do after that is literally Not Muh Watchmen. Or Watchmen in name only, which at least makes for a better acronym.

Personally, I'm really excited yet anxious about seeing Dr Manhattan once again.

Ozymandias did nothing right.

Honestly, you have a point, he didn't really take into consideration how long his plan would last for, it would only have been a matter of time before the old conflicts would resurfaced.

His plan is far reaching and longlasting. But the aliem blast was literally just the beginning. All it did was put the war on hiatus, but he's been already moving his entire corporate structure towards peace and will continue to do so. "I saved earth from hell. Next, It'll help her towards Utopia."

We didn't get to see enough of Ozy in Watchmen, imo.

Probably my favorite character. I can't help but admire him for his achievements and essentially becoming peak human.

>inb4 "Edgy"

agreed

never heard of it