Had no idea

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Russian
youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg
youtube.com/watch?v=6QhfkmEbQto
youtube.com/watch?v=F-q5BfMIE6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fook m8

Why is this even a level? I didn't play the game, are you supposed to shot the civilians?

It "artistically" brings context tying the later part of the series with the earlier part. Pretty much causes the whole MW2 story.

Non free countries put restrictions on the killing civilian parts (automatic failure) or even completely censured it

The character you're playing as is an American in deep cover with Russian terrorists, so he goes to shoot up an airport with them. However, and the end the terrorists reveal that knew who he was and leave his corpse with identification, which strikes up a russo-american war.

>Had no idea

But are you surprised?

>Russian terrorists
Son of a fucking cunt they will never let this country be.

I wish they kept a record with achievements on who actually shot people

It was very interesting, because even to this day people don't realise they didn't tell you to shoot people but most people did, you could beat the level without firing a single shot

Y'know, I used to think the whole "Hurr video gamez cause schools shootings!!!" stuff to be bullshit, but after watching that, not so much.

That is fucked up

Shit, the whole level has it's own wikipedia article:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Russian

I would never have guessed than an Iranian-born modder was responsible for the show-stopping first level in Modern Warfare.

>The first level of Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, "Crew Expendable", which is set on a ship on a stormy sea is also [Alavi's] work. His design for the level was initially rejected by the leads, due to technical complexities, but Alavi stayed after hours and worked 18-hour days for three weeks to secretly script the rejected level. Once the leads became aware of his work and saw his not quite done work, they were convinced to include it in the game.

Then you'll love this one
youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg

> Infinity Ward and publisher Activision were both supportive of the level's inclusion, though several game testers expressed disapproval, with one game tester refusing to play the level at all.

haha what a cuck.

I actually played through this level without realizing it was bad. At the end of the campaign I had to google which level contained "Sensitive Content" that they warned of in the beginning.

When I read about it I realized how horrible it was. Looking at the level now disgusts me, but I guess I was just spaced out the first time through

>This level was developed by a Muslim.
confirmed for knowing nothing about video game development, nothing as high profile as that would have been developed by ONE (1) guy unless an insane amount of effort was put in

You forgot the whole part where the sole reason he was doing this was to stop a major terrorist attack by this group he has gained immense trust with so he clearly had to commit this major terrorist attack so he can gain even more trust to stop another major terrorist attack because......

Actually yes, I've never met a muslim who had 1 iota of talent.

>Lead level designer.

Idiot leaf. That's basically a director of the level you n00b.

brb reinstalling MW2 to kill some civvie fucking shits

>russian ultranationalists renaming Moscow's airport after a Chechen

>Russia doesnt have terrorists

kek retard

>you could beat the level without firing a single shot

How do you get past the riot police/paramilitary response? Maybe this is possible on easy, but not on veteran difficulty.

Yeah but no-one played Hatred, millions of children played MW2.

>muh chilluns

Companies get people who have no businiess testing games.

I remember watching the Halo 3 bonus disc. Casuals and people who would never ever play it and are only there to get that paycheck because today is a one off thing with some people

>Guys Chechens aren't real

you can also do this shit in Vice City though...
its the same, just not as graphic

I never feel anything though when playing these kind of games, I'm just brainafk getting my points as said

I never felt aggressive when playing counter strike or anything similar, it just doesn't work that way with me, its just as playing Mario Kart. While I can believe though that certain personalities could get even crazier by playing this stuff

They are not civilians.

>because......
because he is literally working for the villains. all according to plan, man.

MW2 is the most realistic shooter of our time just because of its highly accurate depiction of the attitudes and objectives of CIA paramilitaries as well as Ex-Marines.

>Looking at the level now disgusts me,
I actually thought it was really interesting as a games-as-art faggot in my youth and even tried to write a tiny essay blogpost thing about it from a gameplay and plot integration standpoint like that guy who picked apart MGS2 did

lots of little stuff like how your loadout and gunplay are treated, what sorts of enemies appear and where and in what configurations, etc. they actually do a very good job putting you in the mechanical position of The Bad Guys, right down to the typical setpiece battles having cover and enemies pretty much directly opposite to what you'll face in every other level as The Good Guys

>you could beat the level without firing a single shot
this is true at least up until you hit the FSB, they never chastise you for not shooting

>The Japanese version was criticized for changing Makarov's opening line, "Remember, no Russian", to "Kill them; they are Russians".[21]
Wtf nips

kek

They have a historically bad relationship

youtube.com/watch?v=6QhfkmEbQto

top bants based nips

Stop shilling your shitty video everywere fag

You said you could beat the level without firing a single shot. Do you mean to say you can beat it without firing at unarmed civilians?

The japs and Russians have beef over the Kuril islands.

It's pretty cool reading the island names of those places. It transforms from Japanese to Russian sounding names in an almost unnoticeable and seamless way.

I think that is what he means because it is literally correct

though on lower difficulties you can get through the shield ambush without bothering to engage them; your AI buddies will mop them up fine because they have a mechanic where after receiving a certain volume of fire, they'll take a knee and expose a lot of their body while they keel over to catch their breath. they're also the only enemies in the level and don't respawn so it's one of the few times that pushing up like a madman won't just get you killed by massed fire

Well, casuals are the ones developers have to convince to buy the game since losers like you will automatically buy the game upon release based solely on the title.

Isn't that right, leaf?

That is quite seamless.

Kek

Y..you don't have to tell like it is user

You have to hear it leaf. Dad has always sheltered you, so you've become naive. Big brother is only here to offer up the tough love.

game is still just right click and then left click

weapon is always machine gun

enemy is always human

environment is always 'earth'

how are these games still a thing

>implying children aren't biologically more susceptible to influences like this

I guess they don't teach basic science in third world countries.

you play a CIA infiltrator who seems to have blown his cover while penetrating terrorist cell in Russia, terrorists kill you at the end of the level as they know you are American and want to pin the attack on America

this level provides a story element for the Russians invading the USA and occupying Burger Town

I went ham. I'm sure the majority of people who played it did too.

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Good level.

I was really reluctant to go ham because LMGs are fucking OP in CoD singleplayer and I wanted to preserve my ammo for it. And mowing dudes down with a shitty AR pattern rifle is just not satisfying. I think I only shot cops hoping they'd drop a pistol I could replace my M4 with.

I only wanted them to drop a pistol because as an Edgy McEdgelord teen it would have been more satisfying to execute wounded with.

im a play-2-win faggot so yeah

even if it's a setpiece level I have to S-rank that shit

even if there's no ranking system in the first place

I miss MW2

this desu

Halo 3 and MW2 were god-tier

Love how the media shat on MW2 for this. you dont even have to shoot the civvies yet 99% of people did

If you don't shoot the civilians Makarov says something along the lines of "I have no patience for cowards" and the terrorists gun you down iirc

That's if you shoot makarov or his cronies. I've gone through the level without killing civilians just to see if anything happens, and nothing does. There aren't even special lines for it.

They gun you down at the end of the level because plot, though

very accurate depiction of CIA measures

i swear you could just follow him but its been awhile so cant remember

lads I swear I remember trying to get through without shooting civilians but it simply wasn't possible. maybe later editions of the game were stealth-changed to allow for this

blood for the blood god, etc.

OW THE EDGE

it's likely that you clipped one of the terrorists by mistake. in the normal game you just get a "Friendly fire isn't friendly!" message or whatever, but No Russian is only mission where shooting allies doesn't trigger a gameover and instead your guys just aggro on you

because it's not friendly fire because they aren't your actual allies. :^)

no way man, I played that mission like 100 times

>you could directly murder two of your fellow teammates in this mission and getting away with it

Superior version.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-q5BfMIE6M

fuck me failed to abort this post
*get

you could do that in cod 1 and 2, friendly fire seems ok for the game until someone notices if i'm on the money.