EDM

Sup Forums tell me about EDM. Is it redpilled at all?

>Festivals usally include very loud music
>Psychadellics are widely spread and sold around festivals and raves
>Alcohol being drinked by pretty much everyone
>Women dressing slutty
>Pretty much replaced rock

Am I being delusional or are we being (((jewed)))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EsfztAmcJY
youtube.com/watch?v=ahTmkX3yWpc
youtu.be/Xl9lQonO_RQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mN24_aWc5C8
youtube.com/watch?v=4w8pbGz7E8c
youtube.com/watch?v=rZWLwz9_7o0
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Gu7CXfRdA
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vGr9U3QY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No it is not but drugs and whores are fun

It's the opposite of redpilled you Swede Cuck.

God Dammit Sven

Metal concerts are better.

Atleast here in Aus.

The people do way more drugs, they all take it like champs, the people are always really nice.

Not at all, you are surrounded by progressive whores and niggers. The drugs are fun, and degeneracy is everywhere to be see, but I don't think festivals are Jew'ed

The rise of MDMA correlated with Occupy Wall Street, draw your own conclusions

[spoiler] it's a psy-op [/spoiler]

Is it bad if I actually enjoy EDM? Like its the only thing I listen to on my phone

>Obligatory

You'll grow out of it

No, it's extremely degenerate.

>Pretty much replaced rock
Only in Europe. The only people in the US that listen to edm are trash, spergs, and generally weird people. It's quite fringe.

It's degeneracy.

IDM on the other hand...

Checked

What is with eurofags an bleep bloops? Too lazy to learn an instrument?

Really? I was pretty sure it's exploding in USA. Look at Ultra festival

I like it plus the rave scene is pretty fun too i maybe have a overpriced drink or two no drugs though and walk through the crowd giving lighshows and recording all the rolly pollys being degenerate on my go pro

Dance music can be great but "EDM" is mindless lowest-common-denominator garbage

hardstyle
neurofunk

all others aren't good

I've been involved with music and going to shows my whole life and the only people I know that like edm are my slutty cocaine dealer and some strange neckbeard types. Maybe it's different in other parts of the country, but it is by no means "replacing rock" (I assume by rock you just mean music with traditional instruments).

No I mean literally rock, from the 70's to 90's. It's been replaced with pop in EDM. Just look at billboards list, there is 0 rock on that list

not true user

Nigger music replaced rock in the US though. EDM is still less degenerate

bullshit.

we were taking that shit 20 years ago in abandoned warehouses.

Just stop

two of my favourite IDM (bleep bloop AF) artists:

Tom Jenkinson - professional bass guitar player

Michael/Marcus Eoin - professional drummers

They just like the art of bleep bloop

no
you have no idea

michael sandison* , whoops

Nigger what? EDM festivals are normie as fuck now. It's filled with Chads and whores, celebrities, and nogs. You have absoloutely no idea what you're talking about. The "techno is for weirdos" meme has been dead since 2010

Your nuts dude it's mainstream as fuck. The problem is for every producer putting out something original and high quality there are 100 talentless copy cats churning out mindless garbage to serve as background music for spun out kids on k, molly, and research drugs. They pretend that theyre hippies but sell fake shit and rob people while driving ticket prices up and good bands out.

It's pure hedonism and the most formulaic cliche shit music

I still like to listen to progressive house every now and then. Haven't done the festival life in a while becayse of work and school. Too bad mainstream ruined it for sometime and the dudebros came. Girls used to be to there for the music, now you got bitches looking for an ego boost.

Still love Kaskade all these years later

Noise is the only red-pilled genre

I miss the techno days. Paul Oakenfold was HUGE for me growing up. His music was a comfort for me.

This was from way back in 1999 and I still think one of the greatest sets of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=6EsfztAmcJY

It's shit but it makes sense if you're high on MDMA.

>The only people in the US that listen to edm are trash, spergs, and generally weird people
wtf that is the exact demographic of rock/metal
dyed haired and pierced teens into core/screaming bands, autists into br00tal metal, le wrong generation faggots playing old shit, this isn't the 2000s anymore grandpa

I miss the warehouse scene. Where you had to find a guy at a certain location and he'll give you directions to the place.

EDM as most people think of it? No

psytrance deathstep electronica etc..
I think so

Hardstyle and hardcore are red pilled you wont find many blacks at those festivals

Not quite, it´s the slutty, energetic, and careless people who listen to EDM.

youtube.com/watch?v=ahTmkX3yWpc
Looks scary
I'd get panic attack and epilepsy

if you're older than 14, yes

>dyed haired and pierced teens into core/screaming bands, autists into br00tal metal

Bro for someone calling me grandpa you sure appear to have been out of the game since 2005.

I repeat, outside of a small group of degenerates, edm has no real following in the US. Certainly not in the mainstream, and it's certainly no where near the popularity that it has in europe.

Clearly touched a nerve with these spergs to the point where thy feel the need to prove me right.

YES! Those were awesome! This was when the people that went to raves were there for the experience and music. It was peaceful. There was no violence. No fighting.

Then (((someone))) told the basketball americans and others that white women on ecstasy and other drugs would be there and then they became rape jungles.

>outside of a small group of degenerates, edm has no real following in the US

>what are festivals
>what's a Jack U
grandpa pls go

Jack U
Skrillex himself
Major Lazer
The Chainsmokers

>EDM has no real following in the US
Top fucking KEK
>Certainly not in the mainstream
>who is Skrillex, Diplo, Major Lazer, Juicy J
really bro
>out of the game since 2005
is that when you graduated grad school??
its time for your meds
I know right, next he's gonna say "BUT THATS NOT THE SUPER SPECIFIC PARTICULAR BRAND OF EDM I WAS TALKING ABOUT"

?
insomniac events?
EDC?
Ultra?
Hard?
Lollapollooza?
Electric Forest?

Even Coachella was more than 50% EDM artists last year.

you are pretty out of touch with the mainstream...

Well I am a basketball america. That made me laugh again, I got into that scene around when I was an early teen. I just loves the environment and all around feel

youtu.be/Xl9lQonO_RQ this song is a lot older than the original upload, but years later I still love it.

So your evidence that edm is huge in the US is the existence of festivals and some shitty skrillex project? You do realize that metal festivals exist right? Does ozzfest prove that metalcore is the big thing going now?

Go fuck your brain up with some more fake son.

I used to listen to the blade soundtrack nonstop. Also, paul oakenfield was great.

Bread and circuses for degenerate faggots
Take a wild fucking guess and when are you going to overthrow your terrorist government and clean up your invaded nation?

You are so naive and confused.

*fake mdma

don't be so angry bro, anyone can go you dont have to know people like regular parties
promise :)

y u so rude boi
go listen to your pots n pans banging yelling music, or at least a talented group like the black dahlia murder, sheesh

you are the one out of touch

youtube.com/watch?v=mN24_aWc5C8

Oh ok, I will tell a thousand sunni wahabiist fundamentalists to attend then :^)

Lol i dont listen to metal man. For all you niggers know I listen to edm. Im just saying its not as popular as you think it is.

Fucking can't wait for leeds fest.
Each year I bash out shitloads of mandy and ket.
Got through 4 fucking grams last year and was absolutley twatted.
I listen to bassline more than edm mainly because it's like listening to the beetles on shrooms.

ello me mates;)))here is your mate williem back to teach you how to waggle your willy like a willy wanking bishop;;')) ohoy me mates;;))) now some of oyu guys are confused on how to waggle your willy eh???so u wanna be a willy wanking star,big deal.u gotta learn the willywanking game in 5 easy steps.cumon me mate lets leurn to wank our willies together with me mates gordon charlie and bill and even lilttle cousin nicky;))

STEP 1#

GRAB the willy!!you have to wait for it to turn into a sasuage stick, dont worry if it doest happen in 10 seconds like me!!!just grab an issue of your beano comic your mummy bought you at the newsagents, flip to a page with minnie the minxes bum and bbengin wanking your willy!!!

step #2

move your hand up and down your willy,ur getting there me mate;)))if possible do it with your mates in your tree house so your mummies cant see or hear you!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!;)));)))

STEP 3#

you will be feeling your willy about to explode!!!!!it's going to hurt a lil;;)do dont worry;)))because your willy is going to EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!just shout AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1MYWILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and there will be goy wee wee verywhere thhat is very goeey;))if you finish before your mates then help them by waggling THEIR willies;)))

if you say so big boi

Edm is mostly garbage cause it's so easy to make. Fake shitty """""""DJs""""""" who can't play an instrument just recycle other people's beats and vocals and act like they're musicians.

Most EDM only sounds good if you're on drugs. It's music without soul. The lyrics to vocals are usually pleasing and empty.

Some of it is good tho.

Everyone I know is at least mildly into it.

The fuck, scared the shit out of me. Am I a newfag for encountering this for the first time?

not really lol
I just post it for shits and giggles every once in a while

Yes, you are.
>>>/reddit/

rude, my dude

it's just an evolution of disco desu

this decade is like the 70s.

>Too lazy to learn an instrument

You have ten seconds to tell me how pressing buttons on a computer to make music is any different from pressing buttons on a piano to make music, burger.

There is no such thing as fake instruments. A sound's a sound and music is a collection of sounds organized into a melody.

well, there's a difference between playing a piano live and putting sounds together beforehand and then hitting play

There is. One makes shitty music, and one makes good music

almost 40 here... Verifying the above^

I used to make loads of techstep D&B and Deep/tech House. Threw many large parties with a consortium of 5 close friends and made tons of $$$.

Then (((they))) got in on the large "festival" thing and next thing you know you have Snoop Dogg and shit like that alongside cheesy euro-trash "Trance" mega-ultra superstar DJ's (who played premixed sets and jumped around like they were doing something)

I compose film scores now and do sound design. way more chill and I honestly dislike the EDM/wubwubwub-step/niggerbeat "Trap" shit that makes $$$ now. Bunch of gay presets from VSTs and the same fucking sample sets in lame arrangements hailed as cutting edge.

You can play electronic music live without just pressing play, lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=4w8pbGz7E8c

It's fun to listen to and reminds me of happier times in my life.

Not really. The only argument I've heard from people is that it takes no skill like playing a real instrument but with the that logic then the beetles would also be considered fucking horrible music because of how simple it is.
If it sounds good to you then enjoy it.

>piano master with 20 years of dedication under his belt
>Schmuck McCuck with his fagbook and FL Studio
>"lol they deserve the same respect"

This is the problem most people refer to whenever a musician's competence comes into play. MIDI sequencing lets you compose your song without ever having to actually play it, or be able to. Just press play to make the ladies sway. Not nearly as classy if you ask me.

lol really

you're one of the faggots in these videos arent you

HA what a fag

I agree, piano is awful

spook

This too, good for driving and nights in the city

>cheesy eurotrash "trance"

You are bad and you should feel bad

Why do so many "artists" but that annoying fucking high pitched chipmunk voice in everything? Is it part of the babyification of society like that fucking baby music they play EVERYWHERE?

youtube.com/watch?v=rZWLwz9_7o0

Sooo many rape

Flyover state detected

>Schmuck McCuck with his fagbook and FL Studio
There's electronic music groups who've been around since the 50s, to imply that it's a genre that consists solely of schmucks from the jewbook era with FL studio is ignorant desu.

>Just press play to make the ladies sway.
You're under the assumption that electronic music just composes dance music.

The best electronic musicians play their music live, by the way.

>pressing a button on a piano

Pianos aren't quantized, velocity is extremely important, involve advanced polyphonics and chords. Comparing it to that computer generated shit is pointless because anything that could be called a motif or had any substance was probably sampled from an actual musician anyway.

EDM is barely above nigger tribes in Africa banging on drums.

How can I get your job? I've been studying audio engineering, synthesis and sound design for 4 years now?

You do realise writing chords in key and all musical theory still applies, even if you're doing it on a MIDI DAW, right?

EDM is fucking trash every song sounds the same. Most generic genre out there.

FPBP

>Kraftwerk
>French electronic avantgarde
>Giorgio Moroder
>Daft Punk
>the Gabber-scene
>Eurobeats
>Synthwave

I know there's more to it than Schmuck McCuck, but what's being played at festivals? Not Kraftwerk.

In my experience, it's never those artists who get criticised by people. It's folks like Skrillex and Tiesto, who can spend months developing a tune on their computer and then perform it live by pressing play once in a while.

Pre-mixing songs kinda takes the jockeying out of the DJ.

Because of improvements in sound design, clubs are getting bigger and bigger. Raves are just giant open air clubs. Same as clubs in the 1930s, loud music, drugs, and sluts. Also at some point you realize the songs are repetitive as fuck.

Went to EDC this year

shit was so cash

What's this degeneracy, Kek?

No I'm not... Shit like Sasha, Cosmic Gate, et al... THAT is decent Trance.
youtube.com/watch?v=z3Gu7CXfRdA

I'm talking about the stupid pop-vocal hyper cheesy melodic shit that started getting normies into the scene in the late 1990's.

Ruined it all.

I'm not referring to EDM, just electronic music in general. Electronic music has its earliest roots in western art music, not pop music. Have some older electronic music.

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_vGr9U3QY

>implying synthwave isn't just edm for le wrong generationers

>Eurobeat

Initial D gives eurobeat life.

>fucking gigantic masonic owl head
Yep, like swine to the slaughter
Degeneracy is fun for degenerates, do you deny this truth?

giant owl