True Detective season 3

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniac_(TV_series)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whoever is in charge of casting, i have faith in them.

>the criminal was...myself

S2 showed that S1 was just lucky accident.

this

Yep. Mahalalala can act but so could Vince. If the script is triple refined shit it's pointless.

It was inevitable I suppose

if im gonna have a token modern black guy in my show, it should be mahershala ali. i dont need more idris elba god dammit.

he really should have gotten that oscar

Good, he was the only good thing in Moonlight.

i dont get this

season one's mystery wasnt a big reveal but it was more about existentialism and being.

season two had no mystery, again, but instead had multiple characters with their own problems. vince always relied on himself, the cocaine cowboy wanted to redeem himself and do right, and the other two had some other shit as well. im not really gonna get into it.

i liked S2 mainly for vince. the others were kinda unlikeable. regardless, it was still produced well.

i have faith theyll be more careful in the third season

hes a very good actor, excellent choice

He was the only good thing about Luke Cage too.

S2 was based.

Plebs hated it.

Didn't you like Velcoro? It was a really interesting character imo

Yeah they shot themselves in the foot when they killed him off

Skip

this guy is solid and i am more interested in where it will take place rather than cast.

>I'm de detective now

I like him. Hope they go with a spoopy, New Orleans voodoo them.

for fuck's sake make him shave that shit
fuck outta her s2 is great

S2 is better than S1 though.

WE

He is very good

so thrilled to see the main actor replaced by a based black man

who says that?

he's villain

Wasn't the appeal of TD that they used movie stars?

Mahershala is a great actor, but not a star. Maybe Idris turned it down.

>unironically posting r*tten t*mat*es scores like they mean something
get the fuck off my board pleb

>replaced

I didn't know there were people on Sup Forums who worked for HBO

>thinks a black man could play the good guy in a crime show

>Nic Pizzaman
>no Fukunaga

Psh.

Long live the chief.

S1 had a lot going for it.
>Fukunaga direction
That tracking shot in the third episode wouldn't be possible in a lesser director
>Location
>Occult themes
This is the thing that drew everyone to the show who don't normally watch cop shows and everyone who normally watches cop drama now have a much greater intrigue when weird shit happens or might happen.
>Rust Chole
He's the most memorable police drama character since the CSI guy who makes the puns.
>McConaughey and Harrelson's chemistry

S2 didn't have any of those and goddamn was it apparent. It could still be good but definitely didn't have the ingredients that made the first fantastic. They went for a standard neo-noir setting and characters and holy shit was it a let down. Ferrell was the only interesting character albeit for the self-destructive spectacle. VV was also good but there was too much importance set on him that distracted from the detectives. Gaycop shouldn't have even been there and they didn't have much to do with Bezzerides. Ferrell and McAdams did a good job with the material and their roles but their characters didn't have any dynamic, memorable chemistry like the first.

The third needs a solid goddamn director, an unforgettable detective duo, a terrifying villain, an interesting seldomly done location, and intrigue beyond standard cop noir.

>spoopy

>>>Tumblr

It worked great it both seasons but no it wasn't the appeal. S1 was advertising a weird, pitch-black dark story and S2 was riding off the success of the first

Dropped S2 by the 2nd episode the characters were god damn awful

reminder that Fukunaga is directing a Netflix original

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniac_(TV_series)

ITT dumb reddit nigger fukunaga cocksuckers

interesting, sure. and he does seem to redeem himself a bit. but i was into vinces character a lot more. he sort of ran the season IMO. i did like velcoros end though. he has a few great scenes

Don't worry 3/4 of them die anyway. Ironically their deaths are the best part of season and are very well crafted.

>whoever is in charge of casting, i have faith in them.

The casting for S02 was fine, it's the writing that sucked.

So far True Detective is 1-1.

bye bye whitey

>S1 had a lot going for it.

The actors, director, etc. are all replaceable but if you don't have the writing, you don't have a show.

And we can see the difference that quality writing makes by comparing True Detective S01 and S02.

Good, it's for the better. Now fuck off back to Sup Forums with the rest of the pillowbiters.

The tits, don't forget the tits!

Nawlins viously. New Hampshire if Pizza's metacontrarian genes act up and he wants to subvert le expectashuns

/ourguy/ when?