Pet ownership is essentially slavery

You purchase your pet. You force it to live with you. You train it to obey, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.

>But he/she's happy, you can see it.
One could argue that their display of affection is nothing but a symptom of the Stockholm syndrome. After all, they were taken forcefully from their mother (unless it's a stray).

>They wouldn't survive in the wild anyways
That argument only applies to the "pets" that are still in circulation, not continuous pet-breeding.
>So you want to make some animals go extinct
Pets aren't necessary for the eco-system, not even in the slightest. Also, I'm not saying that we should kill all current pets, just stop the breeding. Pets that currently are in circulation should remain pets, but not be allowed to produce offspring.

Anyhow, say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_bonding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
upi.com/Science_News/2016/08/16/Dogs-anticipate-owners-affection-as-much-as-a-treat/3211471373892/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Implying slavery is bad

go back to tumblr

\thread

Isit rape if a male pet actively inserts his penis into a human vagina?

I prefer to think of it as humanity's longest running science experiment/artistic work.

wtf i love slavery now

Dogs and other pretty animals, as well as service and farm animals, even those who exist to be eaten, benefit from their relationship with mankind, provided one acknowledges that it is better to exist than to not exist.
If one argues that it is better not to exist than to exist, than I would suggest suicide would benefit you

Not in Canada.

Animal and plant domestication is the reason why our species is still alive.

>this thread again

I can't remember the counterpoints that were made last time i saw this shit but I know the OP steadfastly refused to acknowledge the good points and instead focused on attacking the person presenting the points and how they were presented

I do suspect this will be a (1 post by this ID) thread, though. Either way I refuse to participate beyond this post.

>You purchase your pet. You force it to live with you. You train it to obey, and if it doesn't, you punish it. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, completely disregarding it's own naturally inherent freedom.
Haha, what? You sound like those leftcucks here in Brazil.

>guy is actually taking care of a "onça" he found hurt when it was young
>clearly very well treated, people said that he was clearly torturing the animal for keeping it home
>they are forced to send it to the forest because of IBAMA
>it gets killed by illega traffic and it's skinned off

/thread

And I'm sure if the government locked you up in an institution and fed you properly, forced you to exercise, and kept you out of harms way, that would benefit you to. You're still enslaving another living creature to do your bidding. It's disgusting.

Shame on you.

My dog is my best friend. I put my dog into the trunk of my car for an hour, and when I opened it he was so happy to see me. I thought this was a great trick to find out if my wife loved me as much.

She wasn't as near as happy when I opened the trunk.

>Not realizing animals have no sapience

> Implying that dogs aren't evolutionary successes because of their now assured survival within superior human society
> Implying cats, which now belong to an otherwise extinct offshoot of the felinid family tree, haven't survived because of human intervention
> implying that evolution has to be strictly mechanical and can't consider symbiotic partnerships
Say what you will, but we actively practice eugenics on animals, creating the healthiest and strongest of some breeds, and others which will go extinct so quickly if the partnership between human and pet. There's a reason crossbreeds between dogs and wolves/dogs and dingo's are usually the alpha's of their packs.
Sage for shitty bait.

Exactly

Fucking hell sweeeeeden, aren't you cucked enough?

Reading these comments makes me sick.

The world would be as socially developed as vikings if it weren't for us Swedes.

This.

Spain just nailed it

Yes, I've observed this
That's why I try to respect their apparent desires
They arent complete retards, cats and dogs realise they need to communicate something to you then develop a 'language'... like sitting in front of where a leash is stored or sticking their ass out when they need to poop, yawning or meowing a consistent way to ask for food..

This may be a slide or troll thread, but there is truth to the interpretation

>give them shelter, food, toys; anything they need or want
>pick their shit up
>all for free
>they're the slaves

quiet Muhammad, we all know you're afraid of dogs, stop trying to make us feel bad about having them

>tfw when i'm basically the slave of 9 feral cats

Your dog was probably happy because it was released after being locked up in a trunk for an hour.

Companion animals, as well as livestock, have been bred to be dependent on humans. It is our responsibility to care for our creations.

But I live out in the hills and leave the front door open for my dogs and cats to come and go as they please. They always come back

>Sven furiously claks away on his key board , he trys to type as loud as possible to drown the sound of his Swedish made bed frames skinny fragile looking legs bend and creak loudly as mumbuktoo plows his blonde hair blue eyed wife face down into a goose feather pillow

>Sven posts again but replays are taking too long and he can hear her every squeal, he bangs his forehead against the table until his desks cheap folcrums rend and his computer and plate of meat balls crash to the floor

>Sven looks at himself in the meatball sauce

>Sven no longer wants to live

>breeding animals for our personal enjoyment breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

>important immigrants for our personal enjoyment breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

I agree OP.

Lets neuter them.

> animals
> having any sort of rights

to be fair though sweden gives their coloured animals rights so I shouldn't be suprised

They come back because they've grown dependant on you for survival. That or they're suffering from the stockholm syndrome like I mentioned in my OP. Say what you want, but you still purchased your pets from a breeder (or a pet-store), consequently stealing them away from their mothers. You "own" it. It has no real freedom. They are slaves, used for your personal enjoyment because you're probably a lonely person or a person of weak character that needs to be in control of another living creature in order to feel powerful or masculine.
See

You're a fuckin nut job!
THIS is your cause?!
You have NOTHING else to bitch about?
You're telling me, your life is so fuckin perfect, that all you have left to sweat is owning a fuckin pet?

I own my animal because I'm liable for her. Kinda like when I was a minor and my pops owned the fuck outta me when I cost HIM money.

Get a life you fuckin loser.

swoosh. right over the head

If I'm gone for more than a couple days my puppers stops eating and stays on my bed. He's 175 lbs of best person ever, you stupid cunt. Also, my grandparents raised his ancestors, you no heritage gutter slut.

It makes me glad to see there are people on this God-forsaken board that still have a sense of right and wrong.

You said it, Spainon.

Oh and her name is Mary. She was at animal control for 2 months until we adopted her. She's a very emotional dog.

go back and enjoy Ammed fucking your women swede

Depends on the pet and the quality of life you provide for it

A single pet is likely to get lonely or unhappy without more of its kin

A cat is independent, so it can have fun with other cats in the neighborhood unless you lock them up at home all the time

It is pretty depressing when they get desexed, their personality changes when it happens, cant have a family of their own... like most of Sup Forums

>essentially slavery
And?

You just tempted me to taste cooked chinese dog.

Reminder to kiss (rape in Sweden) your pet today.

Stockholm syndrome only occurs during constant (emphasis on constant) abuse. Sure, one could argue, but one would also be wrong.

also, Stockholm syndrome is hardly a mental condition, just something that happens. in the same way eating disorders do not exist. Some people just eat too much.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_bonding

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

anyway, stop deluding yourself into thinking that dogs have complex emotions like humans do.

Would ending pet breeding not be just as cruel? An animals sole reason for existence is to pass on its genes.

There is nothing wrong with picking up stray pets. The thing is, these animals should not be allowed to reproduce. Pet-breeding has to stop.

I primarily have a problem with people who purchase pets straight from breeders or pet-stores. They are enabling this immoral market.

No you are not, you are a dog
As for pets, yes, they are our slaves and exist to make our lives better. We are the dominant species on earth, and that is our right.

I saved my cat hipster, and she is well taken care of.
Peanut: mother killed by car, lives in feral cat community, cat repeatly raped by big tomcat, winter begins (north east PA), cries outside my door, take her in and get her fixed/regular cat visits, cat is healthy and happy and follows me around/likes to sit next to me and sleep by me, etc.

you may perceive pets as slaves, but many of us see them as companions, and don't treat them like slaves. My cat is like a princess she does no hard labor and is free to come and go. So go fuck yourself OP with your bullshit.

>Would ending pet breeding not be just as cruel?
How, exactly? Pets that haven't already been born have no awareness. How do they suffer?

100% agree. She is spayed, so no pups for her.

You have to leave wives in longer, around 12-24 hours.

100% accurate, based OP. Pet owners and slave owners make all the same arguments to defend it too.

Aw she is so cute :3

yea naw I'm not giving away my dog just because your prophet didn't like them, ahmed
nice attempt at taqiya though

My cat can come and go as he wants. I let him out everyday with no fences or leashes or anything. Sometimes he even leaves for a whole day but he always comes back.

I hardly see that as slavery.

If a pet is my slave when will it do my work? Cats just sit around and mooch. Dogs like pleasing their masters.

>sweden

However, I do think many pet owners treat their pets poorly by neglecting many of their needs, think of the ways women treat their dogs like babies or dress them up with stupid stuff and there's no way for them to do anything, anyone would go insane if treated that way

But pets can have a very happy life when treated properly and given enough freedom

You don't have to split up the puppies or kittens from their mother, and I often wonder how traumatic it must be for them

Mary and Santino. I am a slave to them!

I came here to say this.

/thread

>However, I do think many slave owners treat their slave poorly by neglecting many of their needs, think of the ways women treat their slaves' children like babies or dress them up with stupid stuff and there's no way for them to do anything, anyone would go insane if treated that way
>But slaves can have a very happy life when treated properly and given enough freedom
>You don't have to split up the niglets from their mother, and I often wonder how traumatic it must be for them.

See how easy it is?

>animals
>non-sentient
Don't care. Go die in a fire faggot.

Cute pets. But you have to go back Paco

>pet ownership is essentially slavery

Thank God pets aren't people or else we'd have a real moral crisis on our hands their Semen Receptor Sweden.

Oh right, I'm on Sup Forums

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

its not cruel to the unborn, but those who would give birth to them. how would you feel having your nuts chopped off because someone thought your existence is morally unjustifiable?

>Pet ownership is essentially slavery.

So?

Pets can't be considered deserving human rights, they can have some pet right, life right, ok... but c'mon they do terrible things even without being evil like humans, they eat their own child, kill each other for supremacy, rape etc... humans are who bring order to them and their life.

However I Agree that they are someone and not things.

thats because cats are superior pets who can take care of themselves, they are the anti slave, you cannot get 8 cats to pull a sleigh

and this is why many people dont like cats, because they aren't good little slaves

cats have to be treated like humans, and when you do, they enjoy your company

but a dog who is kept in the backyard all the time, with nothing new to look at, no dogs to meet, eating the same shitty food everyday, would get really depressed and the owner wouldn't even realise it

>slave owners make the same arguements
Exactly how many slave owners have you met?

Fucking die already Sven Mohammed.
Dogs have lived with humans for tens of thousands of years and actually value relationships with us.

>be me
>see a neighbors cat outside
>he comes over, lives on my porch
>neighbor comes over to apologize, say no problem hes a nice cat
>cat refuses to return home
>owners gf moves in with a dog
>cat refuses to go home, if taken, will escape and come live on my porch
>owner asks if i want the cat, say sure, bring him inside
>he now lives in/outside of my house never leaving the yard
>last owner moved
>cat now lives better than third worlders
>regular vet visits, has seating area in front of multiple windows, gets nice food

Hes 20+ but I think since hes had such a relaxing life hes just going to live for a long time hopefully.

I dont view him as a slave, he could leave like he left his former owner. I dont see him ever leaving tho since its been 10+ years and hes got the good life. I think of him more as a mutual companion.

Dogs typically hang around humans to similar reasons cats and other urban animals do.

They associate humans with food.Each to a certain extent and level. Cats often behave towards humans, even at times random ones as they are their mother in order to be fed.

Dogs however recognize its owners scent, face, body posture, and etc. training often requires food, thus they learn to associate these actions as food. Even now they're in a way co-evolving to human standards, fucking hell the smartest breed today has the intelligence equal to a 5 year old child.

My "slave"

>Slavery
>You give it food
>You give an area much safer than the wild
>It literally doesnt have to do a thing for this
>Its life is basically peaceful compared to its wild counterparts
>When its breeding time it can invite females into your yard and have some fun

Pets are living every animal's life the ability to do nothing but still breed.

I own dogs just so you know I really hate cats I cant explain why I just hate them.

She's got you pussy whipped

What is OP Alex

Also, what does /pol think of my pupper?

Just like humans, some pets are more 'civilised' than others, and in fact, some animals are better behaved than most people

The pets usually tend to reflect the mentality of their owners (past and current)

What if some day, a pet cat evolves to speak, WHAT THEN? HUMAN RIGHTS WHEN?

I agree. I've always hated the notion that cats were the feminine pet to have. To me they are alpha as fuck. Dogs are so cucked for affection it's annoying. Don't get me wrong I like dogs, but as a bachelor I'm not home enough to have an animal who needs attention constantly.

Always admired cats for their stoicism and independence. We kind of have a routine. I get up, we pal around over coffee, I let him out, go to work and let him back in when I come home.

Cats are based.

>You adopt your pet from a shelter. You bring it to live with you. You love it so it obeys, and if it doesn't, you call it silly. You use it for entertainment, companionship and/or labor, not disregarding it's own inherent domestication.

Very wise pupper. 10/10 would enroll in class.

Not to mention all the millions of acres of arable land being wasted on feeding them. I keep seeing commercials advertising US Grade A beef and chicken in their cat and dog food. What a waste of resources.
>tfw you realize if nobody had pets the Amazon wouldn't need to be cut down for crops and grazing land.

upi.com/Science_News/2016/08/16/Dogs-anticipate-owners-affection-as-much-as-a-treat/3211471373892/

it's a cute pupper

Shut it vegan.

We love dogs, dogs love us. They literally evolved from wolves just to be around humans.

BTW, all animals are human property. Just as the whole fucking planet is. KYS soon, please.

All domestic animals have a purpose. Hunting dogs, guard dogs, or simply dogs to enjoy and entertain.

We keep animals for food as well. why do you care about the dog who lives out his entire life fed and cared for over the cow or chicken whose destiny is to be killed and eaten?

By your same line of thinking, we would stop farming animals and revert back into hunter gatherers. You see, animal domestication is an integral part of human progress.

>Anyhow, say what you want, but breeding animals for our personal enjoyment is a petty and morally unjustifiable act.

Why?

I knew there was a reason I liked you fuckers.

Kill everyone's dogs then, big man.

agree, and they can be extremely brave, my cat would chase dogs down the street

i usually dislike dog owners (not all, before you get your pitchforks) because they usually have shallow personalities, constantly need approval and are 'easy to please', just like their pets

also they don't seem to be disgusted at a pet that cant bury its waste... they pick it up for them, super cucked

Your problem is that you think everything is equal, and that everything should have "rights" to be what they already are.

>Breeding animals for enjoy is petty and morally unjustifiable
>Why don't you just kill all the dogs?

?

My dog loves me fuck off

>slavery

Cat shits eats and sleeps whenever he wants.

Does literally nothing useful except be cute and functions as a room enhancer decoration.

This is slavery? Lol.

So? We'll continue to enslave these lesser beings for our benefit.

Who's going to stop us? Your non existent omnivalent sky daddy?

I agree with everything you say.

but all i have to say this that is : so what? Whats wrong with me keeping a pet as a slave? I'll do what I want.

did you get him a waifu?

underrated.