FACT: DC Rebirth titles are mostly good but they seem better than they actually are because a lot of current Marvel...

FACT: DC Rebirth titles are mostly good but they seem better than they actually are because a lot of current Marvel books aren't as good as they were a year or two ago.

>Personal opinions, regardless if they're for or against something, are fact.

I'm not reading a lot of Marvel right now so I can't really compare, but I think DC Rebirth is just kinda okay and the overall quality isn't radically different from pre-Rebirth, it's just that the mainstream superhero-comics industry cashes in on nostalgia, because fans are less interested in quality of works than they are in aspects of the shared in-universe history and mythology of characters. So, being like, "hey look, it's Johnny Thunder!" makes them wet their pants with glee, as people fetishize the past and love to revisit shit that wasn't even that good the first time (I mean, the time we refer to as the "Golden Age of Comics" had anonymous creative teams who were treated like shit writing simplistic books for kids; they had a lot of cool, awesome ideas, but the comics industry is probably objectively better in the 2000s than it was in the '40s).

Ehh. It's just that DC's lineup consisted of more mediocre and bad titles back then instead which they've now rectified. The only outstanding Marvel titles that I sorely miss are Fraction's Hawkeye and Superior Foes.

They also are selling more than Marvel just because it's a relaunch. Give it a few months and everything will be back to normal with Marvel selling more than DC.

>FACT
>seem

I quit reading capecomics about a year into the new-52 and I want to read some of these titles but I don't recognize any of the writers outside of Abnett, Priest, and King. What's worth reading?

DC capes?

All-Star Batman
Detective Comics
Grayson
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Superman
Superwoman
Wonder Woman

>can't look at books individually but have to compare to other companies for no reason

just one of the problems with Sup Forums

Are you retarded or yes?

This implies that everybody jumped ship from Marvel to DC, which isn't the case. It's bringing in a lot of new readers and people who stopped reading comics after New 52.

>All-Star Batman
>Detective Comics
>Grayson

Really, user?

the Super books are great, Aquaman is pretty good as well. I've only read the first two issues of Green Lanterns, but that one was way better than I was expecting.

Just avoid Justice League and you'll be good with anything you pick.

All of those books besides All Star are good. But yeah Grayson ended. Nightwing now, one of the same writers, also great.

>2000+17-1
>some Sup Forumsmrades STILL have a hateboner for Snyder

Noooope. Try again.

>FACT: DC Rebirth titles are mostly good
This is already wrong

DC Rebirth titles are mostly mediocre, with some true shitters like Justice League and good titles that are aggressively progressing from interesting toward "ok" like Green Arrow and New Superman

There's one great book (Deathstorke), a couple good books (Batman, New Superman, Green Arrow), and a bunch of mediocre books that should be better (Wonder Woman, Nightwing)

Keep telling that yourself drone.

DC books are mostly good right now. While Marvel is full of Bendis's BS.

The Vision could kick any current DC title in the balls.

But yeah, overlooking that astonishing book, current Marvel sucks.

Since you failed to properly qualify your statement, King has a better DC book right now (Sheriff) proving you wrong.

If you had said Vision is better than any Rebirth book you'd be right.

It's second favorite Sup Forums meme, what do you expect.

King Batman only just started getting interesting.
RHatO looks like it could be good, but Lobdell.
Deathstroke could be going somewhere.
Superman is pretty awesome at the moment.
GLC and Green Lanterns aren't terrible.
All-Star Batman was the mix-iest of mixed bags.
Suicide Squad off to a real bad start.
Everyone seems to love New Super-Man but lord that art is terrible, let's be honest here.

I have not paid attention to anything else, should I, Sup Forums?

NSM's art is great though and I think you just have shit taste.

Great post!

user any publisher looks better than Marvel atm
That's not a hard bar to pass

>drone
yeah that's why I read DC titles...?

It does everything well besides occasionally some of the detail on the faces. Better art than most of the titles you listed besides Red Hood and Superman (when Gleason is on it). I genuinely don't understand what problem you might have with it.

Well, the faces, as you said. The action seems incredibly lifeless, and there are some major hiccups in foreshortening and perspective.
The coloring, yes, could be argued to provide to the book's atmosphere of fun, but its not exactly eye-catching in terms of work put-in.

To use the word "terrible" was an over statement and I'm sorry it triggered you, user.

>its a Sup Forums gets disenchanted thread

Does anyone else know why Sup Forums has such a bias towards DC? I mean, Marvel's aggressive SJW pandering seems like a probable motivation but Sup Forums's been riding DC's dick for years now and Marvel's only been going heavily down that route for about two years.

>start reading Green Arrow Rebirth
>he openly admits to being a "Social Justice Warrior"
>drop immediately

I think it just comes down to 52 vs Civil War

>reccing all those Batbooks and ignoring King's Batman

>Ollie
>not being aggressively and obnoxiously liberal
Even in Grell's largely low-politic run he finds the time to tell daddy Bush to fuck off

>Fraction's Hawkeye and Superior Foes
nice meme titles there, user

Backlash from biased media coverage, I would guess.

Plus let's face it, a lot of modern Marvel sucks.

>bias
or maybe DC is just better

I'm loving:

Batman
All-Star Batman
Aquaman
Nightwing
Deathstroke
New Super--------Man
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Justice League
Green Lanterns
GLC
Titans
Green Arrow

Loving DC's output atm, they're knocking it out of the park

I actually don't think rebirth is the greatest thing to ever happened to dc like many fans think and I wonder how long they can be at top, but I'm really enjoying some of the their books a lot right now. Red Hood, New Super-Man, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Flintstones all have been really great and I'm looking forward to the new issues.

FACT: your fact is in fact just an opinion, and a shitty one to boot.

>unironically recommending Greg Cucka's SJWonder SJWoman
Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

Marvel is more popular than DC both in the mainstream and among general comic readers, and Sup Forums being aggressively contrarian sitewide means that your average user will "side" with the less popular of the two.

there are fewer titles, and the majority of them aren't as bad as half the new 52 was (teen titans, red hood and the outlaws, detective comics, etc)

>Opinion
>Fact

You need to play this game again, OP

Flintstones, not Rebirth, but it's really good
Nightwing is a really good character-driven book
Green Arrow has really good art, and is good for mindless fun
New Super-Man is great, has a lot of charm
Supergirl and Superwoman had great first issues

Yes, and none of them are as good as many of their New 52 ones. In fact, if you compare directly, most of the mainline books are worse.
>New 52 Action Comics > Rebirth Action Comics
>New 52 Green Lantern > Rebirth Green Lantern
>New 52 Flash > Rebirth Flash
>New 52 Justice League > Rebirth Justice League
>New 52 Wonder Woman > Rebirth Wonder Woman
>New 52 Batman > Rebirth Batman (Snyder's run was more interesting in its first 5 issues than King's have been, and Capullo's art was fantastic whereas Finch's is garbage)
Hell, Abnett's Aquaman, which everyone is hailing as one of the best things to come out of Rebirth, as about on par with Johns' run from the start of the New 52.

Rebirth books are more consistently average across the board, whereas the New 52 line-up ranged from horrible to fantastic. Personally, I'd rather have 7 great books and 23 bad ones than 28 Jurgens-tier books, 1 great, and 1 bad. I get that if you're the type of person that insists on reading everything a publisher is putting out that the latter might be preferable, but for me, my DC pull-list as of Rebirth is lower than its been in over 5 years.

I mean shit, the best books DC's putting out right now are Flintstones and Sheriff of Babylon.

>DC has gotten better
true
>Marvel has gotten worse
true

i don't know why this needs to be an "either/or" situation, they can both be true

>New 52 Flash > Rebirth Flash

This one is not true at all. New 52 Flash was mediocre outside of the art. You can almost directly compared them since they're doing a similar plot right away too, Rebirth has significantly better characterization for Barry and the temp speedsters. I'm not sure how you could have come to this conclusion at all unless you only look at the pictures and don't care about the story it's telling.

Gee, it's almost like visual storytelling is important in a visual medium.

Visual storytelling is not just art aesthetic.

You may be right.

kill yourself
>it's contrarian to like DC comics
I mean HayZeus

DC tells objectively better stories with objectively better characters. It's just that simple.

>openly admitting to being this casual
You're brave user.

>FACT
>opinion
Choose one.

Anyone gots a link it storytime to the first Rebirth issue its been a while since I read it?

I'm finding rebirth to be fantastic. My personal ordered tier list:

>Great
Aquaman
Rebirth 1 shot
Superman
Titans
Flash
>Good
Wonder Woman
Green Lanterns
>Okay
Suicide Squad
Supergirl
Superwoman
Nightwing
Batman
>Slipping
Action Comics
>Shit
Justice League

Should also add I'll be pulling Trinity for the art and Super Sons for Jon Kent when they show up.

I'll probably give every new book a shot too.

Suicide Squad will be good the second it sheds Jim Lee.

Thank god for biweekly.

I padtially agree. I still some books like Carnage and Vision. But I found most of ANAD to be pretty boring. Even books that use to love like Deadpool and Ms Marvel I've found dropped in quality and aren't as good as they were in marvel now originally. The same goes for their writers. I'm tired of Bendis, Aaron, Hopless, and Slott. And Writers that I usally to love bore me (Waid, Duggan). It helps DC Rebirth that they have a lot of writers that I like.

This wasn't really the case until the movies came on in full gear. Before they were a given, we had a lot of bleed-in from Sup Forums. Personally I started browsing again since Rebirth, and dropped most every comic when the 52 started up.

I was a speculator for a long time, not sure whether to dip my toe in with Star Wars, Marvel or DC. I found TFA and the MCU to be a let down and Flash season 1 to be great.

>FACT: DC Rebirth titles are mostly good

When you say FACT, you usually state a fact afterwards. What you stated is a lie. You're welcome

>You're welcome
dance off bro

>kids who grew up with the DCAU are in their 20s now; Marvel had almost no TV presence back then aside from Spider-Man/X-men reruns
>this
>Sup Forums as a whole is contrarian; Marvel has earned mainstream success with the MCU, prompting Sup Forums to turn to DC
>DC is better overall

The DCAU is the "i dont read comics" manifesto though.
They are a cancer on DC.

I agree, but the DCAU group is old hat compared to the mainstream MCU drones

Guess which is more likely to show up on Sup Forums

No I agree as well, I was just lamenting that DCAU drones are some of the biggest "not muh"ers around.
I was born and raised on good ol' comics.

No one is hailing Aquaman as one of Rebirth's best books outside of Aquafags. You're also forgetting:

> Rebirth Nightwing > New 52 Nightwing
> Rebirth Superman > New 52 Superman
> Rebirth Detective Comics > New 52 Detective Comics
> Rebirth Green Arrow >>>> New 52 Green Arrow
> Rebirth Deathstroke >> New 52 Deathstroke
> Rebirth Hellblazer > New 52 Constantine
> Rebirth Supergirl > New 52 Supergirl
> Rebirth Titans > New 52 Teen Titans and New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws
> Rebirth Red Hood and the Outlaws > New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws (Rebirth Red Hood is actually readable for the time being, so it wins by default)

Rebirth Batman and Wonder Woman are on par with their New 52 counterparts, and have the potential to end up being better