Christopher Nolan received 25 % gross salary from Dunkirk

>Christopher Nolan received 25 % gross salary from Dunkirk
>He has already earned $35 million in one week alone

What do you think he is going to do with all that money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/hollywood-secrets-highest-paid-directors
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's gonna help his best bro Snyder bounce back just wait and see.

Buy lots of cute panties to fap with.

Waste it in unnecessary luxury

Invest most of it so he can invest in next movies he wants to make, making even more money. Like most rich people do. Invest, invest, invest. And charities to hide from taxes.

You don't go far with $ 35,000.

youtube.com/watch?v=cN3yrJP24-I
fund his next masterpiece that will be filmed purely with IMAX cameras

Kek. This guy knows.

Xd

2871 Nw 74Th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL, 33063

This hack gonna earn at least 100 Milion on this overrated garbage

Over a third of a cinema ticket is going straight to his account? Show me where those pirates are.

Fucker makes an almost experimental original film with basically no dialogue in 2017 that is not a remake/reboot/sequel/prequel with a full white male brit cast and STILL makes mad box office money.
How the fuck does he do it, how?

Nolan and Fincher are the only Directors I have been to the cinema for in the past 12 years or so.

Debate me.

What's there to debate? Your limited choice of directors who you support?

being mentally 15-years-old is a bad thing

ok now ur rebuttal

Nice to see some on Sup Forums that have an IQ above 90.

Congratulations, you have good taste unlike all the capeshitters here.

I like papa johns best

Make a snuff film shot in IMAX and sale it to saudi oil moguls
Or make CIA Origins

>Over 18
>watching nolan
You're either a dumb normal or man child

Dunkirk is the best film of 2017 so far. Debate me.

Metacritic agrees as well. But it won't win Oscars for anything other than sound or costume design. Shit like Detroit or some other racebait shit will win Best Picture or Director.

the question is how are James and Marcia gonna feel if they find out you've been using the n-word online

how will you look into her eyes and explain to her what a "cuck" is, Alex

>metacreddit
Nah I've nolans other highly praised offerings and they are all pretty abhorrent. Not wasting my time on another snoozefest

>Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.

boicunny by the boatload

>posting on Sup Forums
>having taste
pick one

>calls something reddit
>unironically uses the term snoozefest

ebin

1) He's a household name
2) War films are known to be exciting
3) Dunkirk actually happened so he can't pull some dreamy/surreal shit ==> accessable
4) As far as I could see in my cinema's schedule, there was just nothing better on...

he's a smart man, don't let the memes fool you

Dunkirk will win Best Production Design, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing. Will get only nominated in Best Picture, Best Director and Best Supporting Actor (Rylance).
It will be the Fury Road of 2017.

do the french people count as whites?

no one is white, we all are a different shade of african-black

It's not just metacritic, it's almost unanimously critically acclaimed on all rating platforms.

Make another shit movie

>co-produced the movie with someone else
So, he receives 25% and could have gotten 50% if he were the sole producer?

>>co-produced the movie with someone else
The "someone else" is his wife, Emma Thomas.
Based Nolan keeping all the money in family.

at least you didn't say andrew this time

He didn't put up any money. 20% (not 25%) was his fee. And that's 20% from distributor revenue, not 20% of every single dollar the film grosses.

he's going to use it to fund DC's Agents of CIA television show

brb buying a whole row of tickets for Dunkirk, take my shekels Nolan

wait is this really uridon

lmao

Pay like 40% taxes first I guess.

>Dunkirk
>almost experimental original film
>basically no dialogue

do people actually fucking think this way? jesus fucking christ...

Try to expand your film palette a bit more than Marvel and DC trash and you'd realize that this film comes nowhere near "experimental" "original" or "basically no dialogue"

Resist Trump, hopefully.

TAX THE RICH

The caliber of story telling has never quite been done before in your French festival films. The flow of the film is quite clever and the pieces are stitched finely

it's always been me

what does that even mean. do you think you're saving face or something by replying at every (You) with some dumb one-liner. this + knowing what you look like is giving a fascinating glimpse into the kind of person who seeks attention as a namefag on Sup Forums.

Confirmed for having never seen a Robert Bresson filmed, good to know the pleb filter works

fund his magnum opus: "dunkirk 2"

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/hollywood-secrets-highest-paid-directors

>Though an eight-digit payday is the stuff struggling filmmakers’ dreams are made of, a source close to Dunkirk’s production told Vanity Fair this week that the filmmaker actually accepted next-to-nothing upfront in exchange for a sizable backend percentage.

so you find me fascinating

the dunkirkening

takes place after interstellar as a direct sequel to both of them, tying them together into the nolan cinematic universe (NCU)

dunkirk is already tied to dark knight rises
through tom hardy

Hopefully buy out the kikes and start his non-jewed production company.

It will be called The Dieppe Raid.

Make a Battle of Britain film I hope.

I've seen his house. It's not even that big. I just assume he spends all his money on 70mm film stock and fire retardant.

is dunkirk related to dunhier?

yes

and tom hardy got caught as part of his master plan, crashes his plane, and gets taken by the secret service with a bag over his head

>when you try to sound like you're James Bond but really you're Screech from Saved by the Bell

Jesus Christ I hope you are fucking trolling

French films aren't exactly known for their war storytelling.

I'm waiting for a Nolan remake of The Great Escape where Hardy's character is moved to Stalag Luft III

>try to sound like james bond
>sounds like screech

when did I do either of these things

Show me a highly successful blockbuster with the same amount of almost no dialogue and a non-linear narrative

Nolan and Fincher are like a half-step above capeshit and still well within the bubble of subpar american drivel that manchildren like to watch. They might even be worse because they are regarded as "serious" cinema, even though they are just as soulless, generic, and by-the-numbers.

actually there was 1 black extra
he was a french soldier lmoa

There were two of them in the french troops for a split second. And atleast they were historically accurate true black african colonised negros, not some mixed brown pretty boys.

lmao what? Have you not seen any of the dozens of acclaimed films set during the Nazi occupation or WWII in general? or the films about historical wartime figures? Maybe watch "Napoleon vu par Abel Gance" which just got a Blu-Ray release, or if you want something more recent watch Army of Shadows, or Au Revoir Les Enfants.

Yes, they made a few war films, but they mainly known for black and white flicks with the main character smoking a cigarette in some random caffe, not war films.

limiting your range of movies you will consider to blockbusters is the reason why you only watch american movies and capeshit, and think Nolan, Tarantino, et al. are anywhere near the best directors. Dialogue-light movies have been done, as have non-linear narratives. Start with Tarkovsky, for example. Dunkirk is a "silent, inventive" movie within the context of Hollywood drivel, just as Scorcese's The Silence is a "deep" movie about crisis of faith within that same context. They are both mediocre, and just the type of shit manchildren who want to put themselves above capeshit watchers will gobble up. Watch Malle, Tarkovsky, Bergman, Cassavettes, Costa-Gavras, et al. and see that there is more to film than generic stories and hollow caricatures for characters.

My fault for taking the bait. But manchildren who revere Nolan actually believe this.

can you even name 10 french movies that are like what you're describing

fuck can you even name 10 french movies from before 1990

>movies from before 1990

No, how about you name 10 French movies that can compete with what Nolan is doing from after 2010.

that movie sucked balls

People complaining that this movie had no character development deserve to die

do you realize how big of a pleb you are showing yourself to be by disqualifying movies from before 2010? That arbitrary cut-off doesn't even make any logical sense, since Nolan himself started making movies before then, and it's even worse that I can name at least 50 movies from before 1990 that are better than Nolan's in everyway, even though Nolan has the advantage over them of having decades of technological advancement and film history to draw upon. All that that cut-off at 2010 is that you are a manchild who refuses to watch "old" movies out of ignorance.
Furthermore, the competition is not France vs. Nolan, it's good movies vs. mediocre movies.

Nice argument

His magnum opus with be a CIA prequel movie. He already admitted the plane scene was his favorite scene he ever made.

The Wages of Fear
Diabolique
La Jetee
Je t'aime, je t'aime
Last Year at Marienbad
Pickpocket
A Man Escaped
Rififi
Le Cercle Rouge
Playtime
Trafic

here's the joke: these are all movies that nolan is on the record as taking inspiration from or that his works are obviously indebted to. the best part is you're already on the line for not knowing any of them so you can't just casually dismiss them and put another notch on your "e-arguments i've won" wall

>I need at least 3 months to do it
>You have 3 minutes

For a movie with a budget over 50 million it is.

imax is a meme pooshit big cumms
dolby audio is way to go