The movie portrayed his death far better than the comic ever did

The movie portrayed his death far better than the comic ever did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1p49F-qcstw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, yeah. The comic was just some punching contest
>I gotta put all my strength into this next punch!
Fucking stupid.

normie opinions thread?

Nah, Death of Superman is actually pretty good. It just has that negative stigma attached to it for the speculating shit.

See

They both did a really bad portrayal of his death in that he didn't actually die in either of them.

>oh shit, I got this macguffin ex machina spear
>better than the comic

>Comic: He dies fighting Doomsday because the monster has no known weakness and thus he is the only one who can stop him by brute force, exposing himself to Doomsday's punches.

>Movie: Doomsday is weak to Kryptonite but also is Superman, who anyway throws himself into danger by using the Kryptonite spear, though Wonder Woman could easily have killed the monster

Yeah, no.

>A Batman and Wonder Woman he just met are the only ones to show up at his funeral
>Comes back three days later loljesus

Wonder woman was busy subduing Doomsday.
Please try harder next time.

>He didn't throw the spear

Fuck it, you're just forcing things at this point

Wait why are Deathstroke and Darkseid standing there

It was a compelling punching contenst though. It really felt like life or death, like this fight was the most important shit in the world. Nobody else BUT Superman could even dream of taking on Doomsday.
Seeing him kiss Lois goodbye then her cradle him when he dies was emotional as shit. Lines like "Metropolis is where I draw the line" are great.
Ignoring return of superman, death itself was good.

>though Wonder Woman could easily have killed the monster
>easily

Well yeah, his life was so shitty it was a relief when they finally put him down.

Throw the spear to who? Wonder woman? Who was holding doomsday down? Throw in into doomsday heart from where he was?
What the fuck are you babbling about, seriously?
Please PLEASE let your next response be less stupid than your first two.

Respect

>It was a compelling punching contest though.

Nice bait. You didn't even try to argue against it, just posted some stupid reaction image.

I'm guessing you haven't actually read it.

I mean he is Superman, why not throw it like a javelin?

Argue against what? I stopped reading the split second I read that first sentence.

...Because he was weakened from the kryptonite...

Then yeah, you're just baiting. You clearly didn't actually want to discuss it. So I'll just stop replying to you now.

Another 'internet argument' in the bag, eh kid?
Protip: Don't say stupid shit like "compelling punching contests" if you want to be taken seriously in the future. If that's more your speed stick to anime.

But not weak enough to fly and impale the super-monster completely?

Dream?

I've literally read Death of Superman while you were probably still in diapers

He wasn't throwing the fucking spear dude I don't get the point of your argument

>comic
Multiple heroes taken down by the hands of a seemingly unstoppable threat. Superman comes in and still struggles with defeating it. Superman, the most powerful man on earth, is also struggling to take him out. He dies killing the threat and the world mourns the death of a hero and the JL mourn the loss of someone they've known for years

>movie
Superman, a woman he's never met, and a guy whose mom has the same name as his fight a kryptonian monster and send the only other kryptonIan to kill it with kryptonite.

DoS isn't a master piece but it had an emotional impact. In the DCCU we're just getting introduced to these characters and they're just getting introduced to each other. BvS blew their load too soon for more Jesus symbolism

I'm pretty sure throwing takes less energy than flying and impaling

Or you could just have Superman subdue Doomsday and let Wonder Woman use the spear.

Fuck it would have even made a better death scene that way. It could be like when Goku held Raditz in place so that Piccolo could nail him with the Special Beam Cannon.

Holy fuck why are you idiots so bad at the simple art of fucking reading. She was literally shown holding Doomsday with her fucking rope.

You dumb fucks say this every time despite it being made clear that she was literally in no position to do it

Atom's being pretty disrespectful there

Yes. It effect his strength more than his flight. Like when he was fighting Batman, same thing happened.

Even if the movie was bad it doesn't stop you from being a retard for saying this.
> Why doesn't he hand the spear to the Woman holding Doomsday with her magic lasso so she could stop what she's doing and risk her life
> Why didn't he throw the spear despite the fight showing him needing to thrust deep into Doomsday to actually kill him.
Also doing something as unreliable as throwing a spear that weakens your strength when you need a 1 hit kill. ISHYGDDT
>Let Superman subdue Doomsday like this faggot anime I watched as a kid.
Because the size difference between Goku and Raditz is totally comparable to Superman and Doomsday. Inb4, let Superman use the lasso that he doesn't even know exists. Inb4 padding fight scene with useless talking while a monster rages and won't stop

You guys are the dumbest fucks I've seen today. Good thing the day's barely started at least so you have time to post more. It doesn't even matter if the movie was bad. The fact that you were stupid enough to type this and not think of how much the shit you typed sounded like "OH MY GOD, SUPERMAN COULD HAVE NOT DIED BY JUST NOT BEING THERE! LIKE IF HE WAS NEVER ALIVE THEN NO ZOD. AND IF HE JUST LEFT EARTH THEN NO ZOD. NEVER LOOKED FOR HIS KRYPTONIAN HERITAGE. NO ZOD, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? NO DOOMSDAY!"

Seriously what are you a Eunich in both body and mind. Shut the fuck up, both of you

Wonder Woman should've given Superman her lasso for him to hold Doomsday down so she can go for the kill with the spear. It would've been a cool character moment AND it would've solved the problem of Superman not interacting AT ALL with Wondy.

Holy fuck you're stupid.

>YOU JUST HAVE TO PUNCH HARDER IPPO.

*Awkward pause in the middle of a fight while Wondie is literally right in front of Doomsday*
Supes: So hey I'm allergic to Kryptonite *achoo* mind taking that spear for me?
Wondie: Uh, but I'm in the middle of something so
Supes: Nah don't worry, whatever you were doing I'll do it for you

Yeah we needed this. Stop being a weirdo
If this happened it would have been lame and beta as fuck.

You know you look like a massive queer if you go up to someone you barely and tell them to put themselves in a more dangerous position while they're already doing something? What you're suggesting is worse than anything in the movie. It makes Superman look and sound like someone who doesn't deserve to be a hero.

So yeah they didn't interact, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd????????????? I don't need you to force a shitty scene so they can interact. That's only a problem in relation to you. It's as retarded as saying "Why didn't Lex and Wonder Woman talk the entire movie"

The fuck are you even saying anyway you loon. Why would she trust him with her lasso when she doesn't know him thus having no reason to give it to him in the first place. She probably doesn't even fully understand what the spear even is. In fact I'm pretty sure its a 100 percent she didn't know what it did.

Stick to fan fiction because your story input is pretty bad.

The actual cause of death doesn't matter, because the part where he dies, the part immediately after, and the subsequent funeral/reactions were pretty great.

I mean, even back then comic fans knew he was gonna come back. But I can't remember a superhero death that was that big of a deal before that, even Barry Allen's death didn't have as big of an impact.

On the flip side, Batman's death (both of them) lacked the same gravity, but the fallout from it and then the way he came back were awesome.

Is that photo real? Oh my.
I want to fuck Henry Cavill so hard and then I want him to fuck me. Repeatedly.

Deathstroke thought it'd be funny to stand in the middle of all these heroes in costume and see if anyone noticed him.

So how are they going to explain Clark Kent coming back when he had an open casket burial?

I like you, user.

Why does Sup Forums keep asking about this? Clark isn't coming back. He's not important in this unvierse where everyone and their mother knew superman was clark kent.

It's just a shame the only aspect of Superman they could accurrately portray was his death.

>ex machina

You don't know what that means.

>Lobo
>Darkseid
>Morpheous

YEAH, RIGHT

Why couldn't he just fly in and stab him through the back? The spear was long enough to reach his heart through there. Also Wonder Woman doomed Superman by cutting off Doomsday's hand causing it to grow into the bone spear.

>looking down on animeys while fucking discussing the death of superman
It's like people love to show the world they are retarded.

Throw it at Doomsday from a reasonable distance. Christ put on your fucking thinking cap.

>Superman
>dead
uh, buddy...

Bruce should've never come back or at least stayed dead for five more years.

The stories that came from the aftermath of his death was a lot of fun to read.

He coming back wasnt the problem, the problem was that Batman Inc was killed. Bruce was supose to be the Batman of the League and Batman Inc and tim the batman of Gotham.

Lobo and Morpheus are probable, Main Man most likely liked the challenge. And - goin by today's meta-narrative - Morpheus should pay close attention to Supes, he probably caused (in- and directly) more dreams than almost anyone.

Yes. But it portrayed his life far worse.

Kara should have probably had Tim's place.

Watch his first flight in MoS and then shoot yourself.

>mfw all these plebs haven't watched Excalibur

youtube.com/watch?v=1p49F-qcstw

>Seriously what are you a Eunich in both body and mind. Shut the fuck up, both of you

Regardless of everything else you said this makes your post worth reading

More like watch MoS and BvS because they were both really good portrayals of Superman.

I agree but we both know Sup Forums has shit taste.

Are you an idiot? Really. We're talking about alternatives. That dumb shit you typed isn't the only way for that scenario to unfold.

>make it to where Superman is too weak to effectively harm Doomsday with the spear
>have Wonder Woman notice
>she comes up with the idea to switch tasks
>which is a trope as old as time when it comes to dealing with equal and/or superior foes
There. Not perfect, but better than what you typed and more logical than shoehorning the Death of Superman into a movie that was bloated enough already.

Anyway go ahead and misrepresent my argument in a demeaning way as a substitute for actually coming up with decent counterpoints of your own. I know your ego needs the boost.

If Superman had Wonder Woman kill Doomsday with the spear you guys would be bitching because he didn't do it himself and it took focus away from him.

Not really. That would be so far down on my list of issues with this movie that about a dozen things would need to be changed before I could even begin to be bothered by it.

I don't really give any particular fucks about Superman anyway, Especially not Snyder's version.

Personally, just the opposite. I'd feel like Diana actually fucking accomplished something in a movie where the three powerful and well resourced heroes seemed to mostly be stumbling about most of the run time. She's implied to be a spy type as shrewd as Bruce and a warrior as capable as Superman but doesn't manage to stop Luthor or Doomsday before it's well too late.

Did her treasure hunt really take up all her time and focus? Lois fucking Lane, this one reporter lady, gets more done than the others.

>dat backpedaling

How is it backpedaling?

>It´s good because It has been done in another movie

DUDE I'M REDUCTIVE LMAO

If you're going to use photoshop for the beard why would you use pubes op?

He was just using what he removed from his mouth...house rules for OP shop work.

>Is someone else the idiot when I'm typing up faction

>THERE. NOT PERFECT
I fucking wonder why? Maybe its because it sounds fucking stupid. So Superman flies around trying to hit Doomsday with the spear DESPITE DOOMSDAY ALREADY BEING RESTRAINED AND GETTING HIT WITH KRYPTONITE GAS IN LITERALLY THE SAME SEQUENCE
Only for Wondie to notice despite falling in a trench and she asks Supes to pass her the spear when at this point Doomsday could literally just kill him right there and then? Are you serious?

You're an actual idiot. I refuted your points because the only way your dumb narrative makes sense is to rewrite the entire fight. It's less critique and more of a pussy beta preference that you want in your head canon.

It was just as forced and contrived as the final act of Man of Steel, with even less emotional resonance. I'd also be okay with Superman just not coming back. Existence was only pain for him anyway.

meme

We never got to see Lex show up at his fenural and console Lois as they both suffer for their loss. Instead, the film gave us, "Superman refuses to hand the spear over to a warrior while he holds the beast down." I'm sorry, but no.

Has anyone read what Deborah Snyder said? It pissed a lot of people off.

Everything is a meme if it isn't in line with what you think.

meme

I agree with the point being made that wonder woman is using the lasso so superman is forced to use the spear but I think better writing could have solved that.

>Wonderwoman tries to use her lasso gets knocked back and drops the lasso
>superman weakly tosses the spear to her and motions for her to throw it
>"are you sure you know how to use that" wonderwoman asks
>"I'm sure, I grew up on a farm"

then we get a dramatic shot of wonderwoman throwing the spear with all her might slowmo while everything else is happening and we finally get superman and batman doing bro shake at the end

maybe even still have superman die

>doomsday gets hit with the kryptonite gas, gets weakened and then the spear falling to the floor but the spear isn't all the way in
>doomsday begins mutating evolving again, his arm turning into the spear shank again
>superman realizes what he has to do as wonderwoman is weakened or some shit (so u guys dont complain WHY DIDNT WW DO IT) turns to lois hits us with that CLASSIC SUPERMAN SMILE (None of that somber smile shit) and whispers under his breathe this is my home
>we get the entire sequence again superman dies

OR
>climax is happening we see superman holding doomsday tight with lasso, smiling because he is reminded of simplier days of lassoing bulls
>doomsday begins to mutate, kryptonite shank
>ww notices he still isnt dead and jumps at him to push spear further and deliver final blow
>superman notices and keeps doomsday down by tightening the lasso by flying towards doomsday and flying around him
>doomsday grabs him, stabs him and knocks wonderwoman out of the way
>superman uses him to push spear further killing him

>SUPERMAN NEEDS TO SMILE

I hate this meme