What's the Sup Forums's overall thoughts on Ed Edd n Eddy?

What's the Sup Forums's overall thoughts on Ed Edd n Eddy?

May was cute

A very solid series that I don't think ran too long. At first when I read this I thought it said
>What's Sup Forums's thoughts on overalls in Ed Edd n Eddy?
I could have sworn one of the characters wore them at one point in time, but nothing comes up. EEnE's one flaw, no overalls.

Fucking rolf you casual.

that's just it. i did a quick glance at google but didn't see anything. got a screenie, bro?

It was a frickin awesome cartoon

this picture fills me with joy and comfort. it's so innocent and good-willed.

Never saw the appeal.
When I was a child I liked bright colors and pretty figures. Grungy and "ugly on purpose" designs are better for older audiences.

Never as funny as Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes. Uglier than Doug. Not even as wacky as Cow and Chicken or I.R. Weasel in its visual comedy.

American archetypes alien to my country.
This cartoon always felt strongly mediocre. I sometimes like the fanart, it's easy to make the characters look better.

Plank was the one funny joke.
But maybe it was just poorly translated.

Never cared for it. Thought everything about it was obnoxious and hideous and annoying and always changed the channel when it came on. I'm still shocked that it's apparently so beloved.

It is perhaps the closest a cartoon has ever been to being perfect for me.I can't think of one episode I don't like. The comedic timing is on point, The characters are likable and funny, The slapstick is creative and well animated, The style is iconic yet simplistic. Really, even the later seasons where they did drag their heels a little is still an 8/10. I don't think there'll be another cartoon quite like it.

Ditto, it just look like crap, so it never appealed to me.

I have heard it is Canadian, so it explains why.

Didn't help that every single voice was like nails on a chalkboard.

Has Canada ever had a single good cartoon?

>Season 3 onwards never got a DVD release
>no proper soundtrack rip

Still hurts

It's perhaps the only cartoon I've ever actually enjoyed seeing "where are they now" fanart of. I like to imagine what became of the Eds (and, of course, of the Kankers).

>I can't think of one episode I don't like.

Friendship Day

>Spoiler
It's a 2-part, mystery themed episode where it turns out Jimmy was the culprit. Even if it ends in a loss it's a really neat episode.

Fair enough, I suppose I have bias against it because it's another fucking Jimmy wins episode, and I fucking hate Jimmy. I'd take Sarah and Kevin over fucking Jimmy.

I honestly love episodes where Jimmy is portrayed as scheming or clever. I also love the gag that he constantly gets hurt. Jimmy's fun when he switches between underhanded and scheming and Pain magnet. Like I can't even get mad when he wins because Jimmy probably gets punished as much as the Eds by life itself.

When people aks this, people inmediately post Ed, Edd and Eddy, lol!

Clone High.

Besides ed edd and eddy then, since I and others don't consider it good at all. LOL!

This show makes me appreciate modern cartoons more.

It was just one of those "lol these kids are all shitty" kinds of toons.

Like, imagine if in Steven Universe, everyone was just an asshole all day.

>no proper soundtrack rip
From what I understand, the music for the series was done entirely by a small jazz orchestra, where they would play along to each episode, and was done differently for every one.

Since there were no reoccurring themes, compiling a soundtrack probably wouldn't have been feasible.

There were several repeating songs. There's definitely a lot of original music but there's a difinitive EEnE them (which is muted trombones playing a rhythm.)