youtube.com/watch?v=N1pYGvplG5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=_wudNasQbv0
youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU
youtu.be/Q_Ed6FaR7Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=kPSk30qzgFs
youtube.com/watch?v=nix_PID3oiA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks cool, but wouldn't have worked well for what they wanted

i think i saw a test video of that once and it wasn't working at all. the animatronics were too slow to look realistic. They chose not to do it for a reason

Not quite, the Goblin suit was "army armour" and inspired by Norman Osborn's love for the occult.

It certainly would have been cooler if the armour didn't exist, only the serum. Because, seriously, "the goblin armour is gonna be military armor" makes less sense than Norman stealing one of his occult masks and using it as his costume.
It could have worked very well. Norman choosing his totem while Parker was chosen by it.

will smith as neo in the matrix

they literally said kids wouldve been too scared by it

Sean Connery as Morpheus in the Matrix

Nah

Who even takes that guy seriously when his accent certainly doesn't work for roles where he hsa to be the straight man.

I watched the video yesterday.
looked super fast.

Jan cloud fan dam as predator.

That's bloody amazing.

but this guy is correct, they would have to change a lot for that =/

Yeah they always say shit like that tho.
It's better than saying "the preening actor would lose his shit if he had to spend more than 20 minutes in makeup" or "we didn't want to pay two puppeteers to move his eyebrows"

almost got a dude in a rancor suit

what they wanted was a puberty allegory where peter parker shoots spider cum at his enemies fyi

Thank fuck they changed it.

>What we got vs what we did get

youtube.com/watch?v=j22RthvabUM
youtube.com/watch?v=14QYCShlGHA

these might have been better than the cgi crazies we got instead

>it wasn't working at all. the animatronics were too slow to look realistic.
Why lie?
>youtube.com/watch?v=QEZBhL5lpqg

damn Hugo Weaving looks like THAT?

It looks fantastic, what was the problem?

Why would the air force want a halloween mask on a uniform? The right makes more sense as a helmet and an intimidation tactic. Pic related

You forgot
>Dafoe found the mask uncomfortable to wear
Just little facts :^)

I wonder how many ISIS durka durkas have turned tail and ran when they saw a spooky skeleton break down the door

All the near misses for casting Aragorn

I'm swear, God wanted this trilogy to be a masterpiece

>We didn't experience Batman played by Joshua Jackson
Sad!

Cary Fukunaga's script for IT 2017 instead of what were going to get. He wanted to make it even MORE fucked up than the book. They couldn't find any actors or parents willing to let their children do the scenes he wanted. Most of the good stuff that we've seen in the trailer is leftover from his script.

Pretty sure it wasnt going to be a mask. Willem Defoe's face would have changed into that from the FORMULA.

orgy?

that and more

In that case I am even more glad they didn't go for it.

"E.T." started out as a horror movie called "Watch the Skies" where a bunch of asshole aliens get stranded on Earth and torment a random family. One of them would be good and befriend the couple's son. Spielberg decided to focus on that and turn the movie into a more lighthearted adventure.

Elaborate?

Stuart Townsend was officially cast as Aragorn but they replaced him with Viggo four days into shooting

Nicholas Cage

Also Russel Crowe, Vin Diesel, Daniel Day Lewis and Nicolas Cage were considered. Sean Connery was offered the role of Gandalf as well.

So, Jackson IS a fucking hack and the original trilogy is the happiest accident ever happened...

>best possible choice
DDL

>worst possible choice
Vin Diesel / Nicolas Cage

wait, does he actually turn into a goblin instead of it being a suit? It would've ruined the movie. It's what made the first TASM bad imo.

Him and Ridley Scott have been having a competition to see who can be a bigger hack than George Lucas

Yeah I think,, based on the way the mask moves like his face, he was supposed to transform but that would remove one of the better aspects of the film, which is Norman's duality and his alter-ego being so closely entwined with Peter. This user had a good idea but it doesn't seem to be what they were going for:

>Nicolas Cage
Sounds funny, but possible in the late 90's.

We could have got Kingdom of the Sun instead of Emperor's New Groove.
youtube.com/watch?v=zaHh-FgDeYE
>The protagonist is Pacha, an eighteen year old llama herder voiced by Owen Wilson. Pacha meets Emperor Manco, who he looks and sounds identical, and they decide to switch places in order to let Manco take a break from his royal duties. A romantic plot involved Nina, Manco's fiance, falling for Pacha, while Manco is with the female llama herder, Mata, who joins him in his quest back home. Yzma is a sorceress and member of the Royal Court who longs to be young and beautiful like she was years prior. She creates a plan to block out the sun. Her minions consist of a talking talisman known as Hucua, three mummies named Mick, Bowie and Lemmy, and the dark force Supai, and Kronk does not exist. Yzma turns Manco into a llama, which the emperor-llama learns humility in his new form. The climax involved Pacha and Manco set out to undo the witch's plans, and Yzma summoning Supai to engulf the kingdom, but ultimately being killed by the sun, which Pacha lassoed and pulled down to Earth.
>The movie had several delays and executives weren't fond of it. Eventually it was decided to scrap the plot and heavily rework the film into The Emperor's New Groove.
>At least 20 percent of the animation was complete and the entire story was created but only a few scenes have been leaked, via the documentary The Sweatbox. In addition to the plot being scrapped, every song from the movie was cut when it was retooled from a dramatic musical (and loose adaptation of Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper) to to a buddy comedy; despite this, three of the Kindom of the Sun songs (with one of them being Yzma's song, "Snuff Out The Light") were included on the official soundtrack.
Thankfully they at least released the villain song since it was GOAT.
youtube.com/watch?v=N1pYGvplG5Q

I think Crowe would've been just fine in the role personally.

Concept Art for Doomsday. Top is what we got, bottom is what we could've had.

Huh, so it would've been more of an action film than a buddy comedy?

I did that idea. It sounds like Scarecrow in BB and Rorscharch

dig*

But he did choose Townsend.
I agree that Crowe would have been better than most of the others.

Viggo is the best because has the right mix of presence, age, he is not hammy, and adds gravitas.
I think one of the reasons the Hobbit sucked is because there was none like him or Bernard Hill (not counting the Istari actors for a number of reasons).

Yeah, Viggo was definitely fate, just a perfect casting. The closest in the Hobbit was probably Armitage but like everything else in the films they missed the opportunity to have him fill that spot.

You shut your whore mouth.

both are shit and generic 2 bee truthful

Literally JLaw.

Lmfaaaoooo

Left would have been way too goofy, even for capeshit standards. I like the armor look.

Too hammy. Presence yes, Gravitas zero.
He tried being Viggo but failed. Also I guess seeing the director half-sleepy does not help.

I guess this is common knowledge

youtube.com/watch?v=_wudNasQbv0

I will never forgive Universal for this travesty.

youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

Go on...

Is there any truth to this?

yeah, the cgi monsters look horrible.

>a monster whose mere prescence makes the air around him freezing temperature
Couldve been neat

This will forever completely baffle the fuck out of me.

I could understand if the decision was made before the practical shit was done, but they saw it and then decided "Nah, fuck it, we paid for it but change it all to c-grade cgi"

Also, IIRC, the test audiences enjoyed the practical effects, but thought the film was too slow and had a weird ending, so they completely changed the ending to a CGI mess from something that actually sounded like a fair addition to the original and altered the rest of the effects in the film to "excite" the audience more. Ironically, they now hated the CGI instead but at that point it was too late to change it back.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the use of CGI in a movie.

Literally why? Was it that much cheaper than using people? Shit, you didn't even have to do full body makeup or anything. In the book they're fully clothed and look basically human.

Its shit like this that make me think "so everyone involved didn't even want to put minimal effort into making this not age like shit?"

seems like they wanted to do something semi-original that complimented the Carpenter film at first but then had to change it into a soft reboot with things people recognized

When I saw the top pic, I actually got quite hyped. I was expecting a really brutal fight, with him getting his eyeballs slashed to get those weird bone protectors and shit.

But nah, Zach let us down again

>tfw i grew up in a time where an all-white cast was perfectly fine

fucking niggers man

a yeti?

Didn't they throw out the entire point of the book and the title? That's why they aren't wearing clothing.

Man fuck you, viggo did a good job

Shorry user. It'sh true

Cute twinks/10

Would slap that spidey boipucci on muh dick

>Didn't they throw out the entire point of the book and the title?
The original ending they filmed mirrored the theme of the book, but test audiences didn't like it so they made the new shitty one that ended up in the theatrical release.

Be ready to fight when the time comes.

youtu.be/Q_Ed6FaR7Bs

More or less. The deleted ending made worlds more sense and sort of shoehorned it in, but it was still pretty shallow. The used ending just makes it a zombie film.

youtube.com/watch?v=kPSk30qzgFs

The point of the book was that the main guy is the monster. They're vampire society is doing perfectly fine, hell, thriving, and they live in fear of him since he just goes around during the day murdering them in their sleep. In the book, he even gets a trial and execution, and his last thoughts are about how he viewed himself as humanity's savior, but is really just useless in this new society.

Either way, even if they did want to keep the stupid brainless zombies, I feel as though it would've been cheaper and easier to just use methead-looking real life humans.

When I was a kid I thought it actually was Harrison Ford until I saw that Merlin tv movie and realized the difference. Later I read somewhere that Alan Grant was supposed to be played by Harrison Ford.

Das rite whitey!

I like what we got

Pajeet Flash was the only one that bothered me. The rest were new characters so I didn't really mind.

Daym

He was transforming into the bottom one as the fight went on.

The goblin mask was pretty idiotic in terms of it being "military armor."

Well, yes, that's what I said.

God fucking damnit. This would've been a beautiful and meaningful ending to an otherwise meaningful film, and normees reacted poorly because...? So they could see one more stupid CGI explosion in their lives? Because it makes you have to think "oh man, maybe those ugly monsters aren't what we assumed they were after all," rather than "lol goodguys win again!"

Shit like this is why capeshit will never die.

Probably just being funny but in case you're serious, know that I look forward to emptying a heavily suppressed .22 into your brain from concealment when the civil war starts.

*otherwise mediocre film

A producer thought it looked silly. That's why they changed it.

kek, the absolute madman

Mad Max 4 with Mel Gibson...

youtube.com/watch?v=nix_PID3oiA

Just watch the version with Charlton Heston.

Keep having temper tantrums because you're alt-right fantasies will never come true.

>Indiana Jones and the Jurassic Park

Just imagine

>implying fat neets can lift anything above 5 lbs
Where your sister at whiteboi?

>Sean Connery as Gandalf

Perfect for Hob Goblin, not Green

o lord

The actors that came the closest to playing the lead characters of the Marvel movies.

>Iron Man
Tom Cruise and Sam Rockwell

>Captain America
John Krasinski and Ryan Phillipe

>Thor
Alexander Skarsgard

>Hulk
David Duchovny

>Black Widow
Emily Blunt

>Hawkeye
Jensen Ackles

>Scarlet Witch
Saoirse Ronan

>Star-Lord
Glen Howerton

>Gamora
Gina Carano

>Drax
Jason Momoa

>Rocket Raccoon
Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler

>Doctor Strange
Joaquin Phoenix

>Ant-Man
Joseph Gordon-Levitt

>Spider-Man
Asa Butterfield and Charlie Rowe

>Loki
Josh Hartnett

To be fair, a high school in Queens that was made up of white kids is literally impossible Hollywood bullshit.

Chinks will get your ass too bitch.