The Outsiders

What does Sup Forums think about The Outsiders?

Indigo is cute! CUTE! It's a shame that they turned her evil.

Well this thread turned to straight cancer real fucking quick.

Yeah, I love 'em. Team was interesting, except Looker. What a shallow character, incredible. And their villains in vol 1 were shit, so there's that.
I think they'll appear in Batman soon, remember that Batman's Suicide Squad?

It had so much potential and none of it was really achieved. Indigo was the best thing from this run and that America's Most Wanted crossover was just embarrassing.

I still hold a strong amount of contempt towards Jade after what she did to Kyle

but she was retconned into never being born anyway, so oh well.

Thought outsiders already appeared in nu52. They are considered legally dead and batman uses that status to have them run covert missions

>I still hold a strong amount of contempt towards Jade after what she did to Kyle
>blaming the character instead of the writer
lol

>What does Sup Forums think about The Outsiders?

Why don't they come inside?

>Outsiders
>no Ponyboy Curtis on the team

someone post that indigo/shift pic. you guys know the one

Outsiders are in Green Arrow now, divided in tribes of weapons or some shit like that.

What the fuck is wrong with Winick.

Jesus Christ.

heh. yes. thank you. i love new reactions to this

I have it on my computer but I still haven't read it yet

This is the only thing I ever see posted from Winick's run, despite enjoying a good deal of it myself.

>Starfire was the only one not disgusted

>It had so much potential and none of it was really achieved.

I can't believe a Judd Winick series would turn out this way

that, along with nightwing threatening superman with kryptonite

I actually really liked most of it. The John Walsh thing was beyond stupid, but the rest of it was solid. Winick's always been good at character interaction, and that's what most of the run was. Seeing Dick try to get hard (har har) was pretty interesting, and the supporting cast was great.

I was really surprised, because I've hated just about every other thing from him that he's written, but this seemed like the exact right book for the kind of writer he is.

Kylefags are retarded

I mean, what's the line, then? Any time a character does something dumb or is made to look bad, it's just bad writing?

This is how butthurt Batgod fans act. There's got to be a point where it's okay to blame a character for something that's not grossly out of character or unbelievable.

This wasn't the Outsiders. This was a disaster.
Only saving grace was Grace and Thunder.
Nightwing was a jerkass.
Arsenal was too.
Jade was there.
Shift and Indigo are never going to be mentioned again.

Literally the only arc worth reading is the Checkmate crossover because Greg Rucka captured in 2 issues what Winick failed to do in 4 years.

>Nightwing was a jerkass.

Dick was right. Thunder got the shit beat out of her in a fight, but was fine. They all blamed Dick because he made the call in the field to split the team up so they could check each possible site of a bomb. They were making it out like he sacrificed her or something, but there was no way to predict what would have happened, and there's always a risk. Pretty much the exact same thing happened to Dick when he was younger and Two-Face beat the shit out of him, and he was fine, just like Thunder ended up being. She knew the risks and willingly took them. The team just wanted to be mad at someone, so they took it out on the leader. It was bullshit.

I don't put that down to bad writing, though. It was a realistically irrational emotional reaction from a team that had been really strained pushed to their breaking point. It was good reading.

>Shift and Indigo are never going to be mentioned again.
Well, I mean, they're dead.

>I mean, what's the line, then? Any time a character does something dumb or is made to look bad, it's just bad writing?

No it's just what the writer wanted to happen for the story/arc/scene. Characters being dumb doesn't always equal bad writing. It just happens to be the case most of the time.

>There's got to be a point where it's okay to blame a character for something that's not grossly out of character or unbelievable.

Never. The paper people have no agency or ambition user. Seek professional help if you feel otherwise.

>Never. The paper people have no agency or ambition user. Seek professional help if you feel otherwise.

Suspension of disbelief is a thing. This is like saying, "Joker's not REALLY a murder. The writers just wrote him that way."

Of COURSE they're fictional characters. But in order to enjoy the story on any level other than looking at pretty colors on paper, you have to accept the fictional reality to an extent and react to them.

>Ray Palmer and Kandorian Nightwing and some other shrinking superheroes will never form a team called The Insiders who fight crime inside someone's body

>its a Cut-Rate Ben Grimm version of Metamorpho
>not the Fun Lovin' Freak Silver Age Version

EL DROPPPPEDDDDDD.

actually I never read this version outside the first arc with Gorilla Grodd. I liked the Old Batman version anyway.

Why does nightwing look like he's about to drop a fire ass mixtape

>Nightwing
>fine ass

Do you really have to ask?

That comic is loved by Batman fans, he was in the right and is fetish material, but i have the feeling you are that retarded Johnsfag that loves Earth One.

>retarded Johnsfag that loves Earth One.

Definitely not me.

But I've definitely seen people brush off Bruce losing that fight as "Rucka pushing his waifu" instead of "No shit, she's fucking superhuman."