Freud = Satan

You need to watch this documentary Sup Forums it will change your life. It left me so mad at the world that I was literally shaking.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

Discuss in thread

bumping my own thread to get people to wake the fuck up

wake up

Alright already I'll watch it, OP. Calm down.

Prepare to have your whole world turned upside down. You will hate freud with a passion afterward

I'm watching, but of my very basic understand of psychology, isn't Freud taken as a complete joke among psychologists, and all his theories are pretty much wrong?

I'm pretty sure he's only tasked with kickstarting psychology as a field.

Keep watching. They want you to believe his teachings.

he is considered wrong on a lot of things but helps sustain the field/sell books so he is kept in public's eye.

Freud was just a bourgeois doctor, it was his cousin who sold it to advertisers and propogandists in the U.S. who really screwed over the public.

adam curtis is an entertaining nutjob. sometimes he makes good points, but most of the time his logic is a mess and he tries to tie things together in ways that don't make any sense

fun to watch though....

Demons aren't real you fucking idiot.

It's the Elder Things and gibbering horrors you have to watch out for.

Its hyped up nonesense why are you so triggered?

Will watch it later thanks op.

One of the best documentaries ever made. Basically proves that advertising destroyed democracy and freedom, along with free will.

Can we get a quick rundown?

How much are you being paid?

The jews figured out how to mind control people into buying Coca Cola®

I know that you're just meme-ing because of the "literally shaking" line, and frankly, it was a piss-poor attempt.

Now you'll either reply to this post while doubling down on your autistic roleplaying, or you will just ignore it and pretend it was never posted.

Seriously, Hypernormalization is one of the most disjunct things I've seen.

>gibbering horrors
Hate those fuckers.

What if I come out and say you are right? what then?

Freud came up with a way to brainwash people into thinking of themselves.

the most disjointed curtis doc i've watched is all watched over by machines of loving grace. that one is a complete fucking mess.

why hating freud? because he discovered the unconcious mind? one of the most importabt findings of all time. How is it his fault that awful people use this knowledge to exploit ignorant people

Is this an argument for or against communism?

Because his goal was to curropt society.

against.

What's the Too Long; Didn't Watch?

Society is run by people who want you to buy their products. they used Freuds bullshit to make you buy into only thinking of yourself and succesfully brought down the west

>Because his goal was to curropt society.

thats bull, the main objective of psychoanalisis is to help you discover whats fucking you up, what part of yourself are you avoiding, so you can confront it and get over it.

I personally don't think this alone makes your problems go away, but it's a great starting point.

how is confronting the part of yourself that is destroying you corrupting society?

all and all I think many contemporary groups are ignoring freud, and puting all their problems in other people, the patryarchy, the whites, the musilims, the jews, the feminists, etc.

Watch the documentary before trying to argue. you make yourself look stupid.

I've wached it some time ago, and I think the despicable figure in it it's Barneys, not Freud

It's about his cousin exploiting Freud's findings to sell people shit. It's not saying psychoanalysis is bad. Just what Edward Bernays used it for was probably not very good for society. That's actually only a small part of the whole documentary.

they will NOT shut up i mean for the LOVE of the dreadful death...

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace is his best work

t. Brainlet

pyschoanalysis is bad though

You clearly didn't watch or understand the piece at all. Adam Curtis' documentaries are about the creation and proliferation of ideas; often by social and market forces beyond anyones control or even understanding.

Besides it was Edward Bernays who invented Public Relations and started the landslide of 20th century self obsession. Freud didn't even care for Bernays work in that field. Curtis literally says this in the documentary.

Watched it years ago user, of course. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The jew Freud found a profitable niche and exploited it but he didn't force anyone to go along with it. And you should really think twice about uncritically accepting anything Adam Curtis says, he makes the films to be entertaining and sucker in the credulous first and foremost.

this.

Bernays is true villain of the piece and potentially an inter dimensional grief wizard

No documentary has "changed my life," but Century of the Self was a pretty good documentary. Curtis' stuff usually is -- usually.

>Freud = Satan
If that's what you got from this doco you might be retarded.