Is Generation Kill military kino?

Is Generation Kill military kino?

Nah, just homoerotic fan fiction.

it's the best show/movie ever made about the military, so yeah

Someone hasn't see Band of Brothers.

Not him, but I disagree. I like GK for the down-to-earth feel; it feels more like a documentary than a Hollywood production. I don't dislike BoB, but it just feels more lofty and high-horsed.
That said, I hope we can agree that The Pacific is pretty much a soap opera period piece.

Read One Bullet Away, it's Lt. Fick's autobio, decent book that gives a slightly different perspective of what happens in the series

I have. It's good, but I just think GK is better

Its shit, but so is most every war film/tv show.

Everyone point and laugh at this pleb.

It's the best thing I've seen based on that war at least. Which is a big fucking shame because it's a really fascinating conflict to me for some reason.

>implying you wouldn't go fruity for fruity rudyf

Both GenKill and Pacific are far superior when compared with crappy fiction like BoB.

its a 6/10 at best

It's the only series to portray officers correctly.

It displayed soldiers and their interactions quite well and realistic enough

How do most things get it wrong?

GROOMING STANDARD

Are aviators kino?

>GROOMING STANDARD

NCOs aren't officers. Also police that fucking mustache.

Serpentine!

>BoB
>fiction
wew lad

Wearing any other eyewear makes you a faggot.

Based on book written by known hack and plagiarist that doesn't bother checking archives. Calling Stephen Ambrose historian is insult to actual historians. He takes interview of senile old guys as more reliable source than US, British and German after action reports if said interview contradicts those.

Things I learned from BoB.
>Austrian immigrant is kike instead of christian.
>Guy who fought in Korea and died in 1967, died in 1948.
>All German tanks were fucking Tigers.
>Capture of Nuenen was fucking bloodbath caused by British incompetence, reality 3 British KIA and 4 US KIA.

>soldiers
Fuck you

>didnt serve in Military

>Liebgott

From what I understand, Liebgott was of Jewish ancestry, but was raised Catholic. Not that that would've saved him from the gas chamber had he lived in Europe. He also lived as a drifter for several years after leaving the Army, probably suffering from PTSD.

>Guy who fought in Korea and died in 1967, died in 1948.

Agreed, unforgivable fuckup on the part of Ambrose and the producers.

>All German tanks were fucking Tigers.

Fun Fact: The incident depicting the Sherman tank commander who refused to fire on the building actually happened at Koevering and it was a Tiger II. The Sherman commander raced forward because he knew the only chance he had of knocking out was to get close.

>Capture of Nuenen was fucking bloodbath caused by British incompetence, reality 3 British KIA and 4 US KIA.

Obviously it was played up for the dramatic effect of Market Garden's overall failure. Neunen was actually considered a success because the Allies' goal was to keep German reinforcements from attacking the Son bridge. Although Easy was forced to retreat, their attack managed throw the Germans off balance and they too withdrew to safer positions. The Son bridge wasn't threatened again after that.

That's why I'm asking.

No. Road trip Cinéma.

Basic gestalt?

>thats why he asked

It's weird, the series is great until you read the book then it just feels hammed up.

>BoB
yes it is a good depiction on how WW2 was (at least its a good depiticon on what the jews want you to see), but i got no memory or even a resemblance of how it was because i was never alive at that time... while
>GK
i can feel related to retarded SGs who behave lke morons, being forced to throw away the charms because bad luck, sand negroes being retarded and not understanding that them working as human shields will not help the war. etc.
i have more in common with the current wars than what jews decide to show me about WW2

I enjoyed the book but I couldn't get through the series. Recently watched BoB and The Pacific for the first time and they were fairly well done for what they were trying to portray. Maybe I'll give it another shot. That pop music tho.

Yes, except for David Simon wedging in that "Talmudic tradition" line and making main character an adopted Jew

>you'll never sing Teenage Dirtbag riding through the desert with your bros

its kino of how war actually is

Watched it last month. Pretty great.

When is Spielberg releasing the third miniseries?

Didn't the trailer come out like 3 years ago?

Brad Colbert actually is Jewish though.

There is literally no music in Generation Kill

TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO

Hell yes OP, David Simon realism KINO

didnt the moostache guy go to jail for raping kids

Yes it's why they changed his characters name in the series.

they didnt tho, and that happened years after the show came out

Pretty much. Every division they lost to was elite SS, every tank they defeated was a Tiger, every time Winters fucked up it was because someone above ordered it, every time someone under him he didn't like fucked up they were a coward, every time someone he liked fucked up it was because they reached their "breaking point", and of course "We salute the rank not the man" fabrication to Sobel who never actually was of lower rank and retired a Lt. Colonel.

Same thing really with Generation Kill, you're getting one side's hate fanfic about the people they rubbed elbows with. The cool collected main characters who never blink in combat having to take shit from the cowardly and incompetent higher ups. The danger close thing with Encino Man for instance never really happened. I've read some vastly different accounts from the Gunny (forgot his name) too, though he seems like a douche and is probably trying to fight back against slander with more slander. SIxta was a piece of shit and possibly a coward, he actually got off easy in GK.

TEMPO, TEMPO, TEMPO

I'm so fucking glad there are people like you still here clearing shit up and giving me the motivation to look this stuff up.