Why does this show trigger Christian Americans so bad? Isn't it like a utopia for them...

Why does this show trigger Christian Americans so bad? Isn't it like a utopia for them? Do they think something like this couldn't really happen in America?

A return to following the actual word of the bible and puritanism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fucking is written in brown
What did they mean by this?

i want to PLOW elisabeth moss

groce

The only place in the world where women are still treated like this is in Muslim countries. Yet again Hollywood sets its criticisms on Protestant Christianity while simultaneously promoting Islam in a dozen other puff projects. It represents a real, palpable intellectual dishonesty on the part of the writers when Christians are represented as narrow minded, cruel and sanctimonious while Muslims are represented as cool, progressive and hip when the literal opposite is true.

Religious autocracy in this day and age comes from the Qu'ran. Not the Bible. Not the Talmud. When it comes to your country - and it will - liberals will welcome it with open arms in the hopes it will save them from the evil, oppressive Christian right.

Be forewarned.

The show doesn't portray Islam in any way, you're just a schitzo with a brain that has become vulnerable to conspiracies

Fuck both of them. They don't give a shit about climate change because muh rapture. All Abrahamic religions are cancer because of this. Most Americans believe in it cuz tradition but that's gay af. I don't give a fuck if you're Buddhist, good for you; you're benign. But if you believe in the God of Abraham, you are a problem for humanities survival. Fuck Jews and their bullshit holy land, fuck Christians and their fucking conservative hypocrisy, and most of all, fuck Islam because duh. They say you should be tolerant, but that's pussy shit; I see cancer and I want it chemoed. What kind of excuse would they come up with for the wars in the middle east without these religions? I voted for Trump and he didn't bomb the right faction is Syria and hasn't done a damn thing good aside from fixing some workers visa bullshit in tech industry. We can't get a good fucking president because of Christianity because they're all fucking stupid and think you need the threat of eternal damnation looming over you to have morals. I want a nigga who's read Beyond Good and Evil and is at least agnostic. Pull the fucking rednecks out of desert, just make sure terrorists don't get a nuke or something. Decriminalize the drugs and criminalize private prisons. Funnel unused money to rehab for druggies and prisoners. Make use of weed and kratom to help with heroin epidemic. Free Healthcare for kids, adults have to pay or have insurance. Reeeee rant rant rant

This. It's fucking laughable that retards actually think this could happen, but get so butthurt about no-go zones.

>A return to following the actual word of the bible and puritanism.
pick one

>The show doesn't portray Islam in any way

Why not?

>tip

Is that fucking peggy from mad men?

Why the fuck would I want to watch more shows with her in it when she's already unbearable

Why would it? It's from the perspective of a slave who gets no news from the outside world

Yeah, so why doesn't it portray Islam?

You might actually be retarded

The author of the book based this show on the Iranian muslim revolution of 79'

Everything in this show happened in Iran in real life, even the forced breeding programs happened after the Iran-Iraq war

To be clear, it is not the rapture that keeps Christians from over-reacting to climate change. It is the promises after Noah where God said that the earth would not be destroyed and that the natural cycles of harvest would not be disrupted.

christians don't give a shit because they're going to heaven

Something, something, something fuck off back >>>r/atheism

Christians don't give a shit because they're stupid

>actual word of the bible

enjoy going to hell for eating shellfish pleb

>this is what plebs who read tv guide rather than actual books believe

oh son. the shah is so disappoint.

>conservative christian american girl
>gets blacked
yeah no

Not him, you're the retarded one.
Now please do both religions a favor and kill yourself.

This show is stupid. Real life Saudi Arabia is worse than anything portrayed here.

>fuck both of them
Stopped reading right there, go play neutral cool guy somewhere else

>Do they think something like this couldn't really happen in America?
Yes, because they're right. This is a feminist fever dream that makes no sense.

lol this could easily happen in america

How so?

Is there a massive upswelling of Conservative, puritanical Christianity in America right now? Are the churches moving left or right? Because The last time I checked the Pope was saying gays are fine and Protestants had female pastors.

it's a christians wet dream for the bible to be the supreme law of the land.

The kind of disaster where suddenly, randomly and inexplicably only 1% of the population is fertile would cause mass hysteria and it seems natural it would manifest extreme religious elements all over the world.

It should be obvious why Canada and USA would be effected differently.

Christians are not Mudslimes.

>I've just read an incredible article where "The Handmaid's Tale", a sub-par piece of science-fi trash, is defended by its author. The author, who rightly should be apologizing for her execrable prose, not only defends it but calls it "timely". The book has been made in to some sort of cable mini-series. I'm Canadian, so had to suffer through this book as a young person.
>It's one of those cheap, dystopian tracts. The difference with this one is it has a deeply paranoid feminist look into the future. The story is as impossible as most of these " frightening looks into the future". But to call it timely, when the possibility of this fiction ever becoming fact even more of a joke, is just a cynical cash-grab.

>One might not like the premise, the meandering non-plot, the ugly themes, the subliterate dialogue and the dull fillibustering.
>I would say "unpublishable" would describe her style.
>I don’t hate Margaret Atwood. I hate bad writing. It isn’t her fault and I’d never have anything but pity for the talentless. But the Canadian school system makes you read her.

>It is nauseating to consider that through shameless self-promotion someone like Margaret Atwood could care consider herself Munro’s peer. Unlike Munro, Margaret Atwood is incapable of writing a novel, yet churns out chum at an alarming rate. Munro is the greatest writer Canada has ever produced but feels herself incapable of writing a novel. On the flip side sits Margaret Atwood.
>What do I care if it's well-regarded. I have eyes to read. Everyone but me is welcome to love it. But I am right. Content-free.

I know this is a stupid place for actual discussion, but you might learn something from this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=4r2m_cffRjI

they aspire to be

I'm not American and even I was instantaneously able to understand why it couldn't happen.

I'm an american and was raised fundamental christian and have lived around and with fundamentalist christians all my life and know exactly how this could happen in an instant if they situation presented itself.

Then you're a dumbfuck American. Just because there's a small bunch of people who would want something like this to happen doesn't mean they would be able to make it happen.

its not even good dystopian fiction, it says nothing interesting at all about the world

Not even Steven Anderson thinks women should be property like they are in this show. Either you're exaggerating, or you were part of some strange cult that even fundamentalists would disavow.

I was raised in the same environment and I say you are full of shit.

Almost the entire history of Christianity was them fighting the spread of Islam.

so homosexuality is sinful? got it. Nothing in the show changes.

ok? Not my fault they're fucking idiots for not seeing how they're basically identical.

i was brought up in a fundamental christian church/home/school and there were women in charge at all 3. you say it could happen, how?

It was more for the rebuttal to the old, "Christians are hypocrites because they preach against homosexuality, but they eat shellfish and wear mixed fibers" argument.

No, not really, Fascism is coming to the united stated but it's not christian and certainly not puritan, though I imagine it doesn't make much of a difference for those suffering under it.

It's decadent, thoroughly decadent, serving the excesses of a delusional rich upper class who've lived their whole lives thinking laws and even the rules of commonc decency don't apply to them. A brutish cabal of gangsters and thugs and, of course, prancing, laughing, foppish maniacs like Milo Yiannopoulos who are pathologically incapable of empathy.

They're obviously not identical.

You are very dumb.

>i'm not american
>agnostic if anything

If I was a believing Christian, I'd be annoyed at the implication that this dystopian future is somehow what I want.

>I voted drumpf

>tfw you're Bhuddist and perfectly fine with being basically ignored and forgotten about in the mainstream media shitstorms and internet arguments

>The future is a fucking nightmare

Yea sadly it is because leftist fucktards like the ones who made this show and the ones who watch this show will help Islam dominate the globe thus ensuring all the stuff in this show will happen

I think the biggest problem with this is that it's set in modern day US. Personally I think Feminists would rather enact their Second Ammendment rights than let this shit happen.
Second biggest problem being that this thing's right in the middle of an identity politics struggle, SJWs vs /r/the_donnie. I'd give it a watch if only they had released it 4 years ago or so.

This show have rape scenes or kink shit that can make my dick hard? Is masturbation kino? please clarify anons

>a feminist dystopia is one where Christians act like Muslims
>meanwhile, feminists will call you a racist if you oppose mass Muslim immigration

are you white