Dunkino

Dunkino

Just kidding, this was hot garbage

>meme non chronology le epic mindfuck xd has no place in a history film
>dogfighting was garbage, no evasive maneuvers AT ALL, planes fucking fly in formations not in 2s and 3s
>Planes flying at low altitude like this is an arcade game of WarThunder
>CIVILIANS DIDN'T FUCKING DRIVE THE BOATS NAVY OFFICERS DID
>in the boat scene, bullets can't go through water
>pilot somehow didn't lose energy when he turned around with no gas to shoot the bomber
>Retard pilot doesn't land near the British or at least bail out
>no character development at all, I don't give a shit about any of the characters
>biggest sin - it was BORING

My god I didn't expect much but this was just GARBAGE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yvSTuLIjRm8
youtu.be/Kh0Y2hVe_bw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

swing and a miss

>dogfighting was garbage, no evasive maneuvers AT ALL, planes fucking fly in formations not in 2s and 3s
t. complains about le arcade game
No you retard they didn't pull crazy evasives because this isn't an arcade game. Pilots are limited by their own comfort via G forces and stuff, they wouldn't pull too many crazy stunts like in le arcade game, not to mention stalls. This is especially considering most RAF pilots were quite inexperienced at the time, while to be fair the Luftwaffe was rather underwhelming. Ever watched any gun cam footage? The movie is quite similar to that. Also large formations weren't really a thing for the RAF to go across the channel. They had to protect a lot of airspace, and with foreshadowing the long ranges they had to travel, likely had to spread. There's a reason we didn't see Hurricanes or whatnot. Also I'd like to praise Nolan for having the Spitfires fly in the vic formation, which was their standard in the RAF at the time. However the Germans were not seen in their standard Rotte and Schwarm formations, which might have contributed to their lackluster performance.
>Planes flying at low altitude like this is an arcade game of WarThunder
I don't know, how does anti shipping work? You're gonna bomb from super high up so they can evade right? Oh wait. Hey those Spitfires are intercepting anti-shipping bombers. Also to be fair I'd expect the Ju 87s to be running anti-shipping and the He 111s to hit the stationary targets on the beaches.
>pilot somehow didn't lose energy when he turned around with no gas to shoot the bomber
actual legit complaints

Swaying side to side is not evasive maneuvering. There wasn't anything even as simple as putting your normal vector on your enemy. Now I accept that RAF fighters would fly in small columns but German formations would have been large. Who sends out a single heinkel with one or two bf109s? Aleo having heinkels bombing ships is beyond retarded, they would have gotten ripped by AAA. Moreover, I don't expect the planes to go to space but flying near sea level is retarded

Pleb filter catches another

I haven't seen it. However, I pretty much know (as in, I think it's 90% likely) that it's mediocre pablum that's being overrated by people desperate and starving for a decent movie.

bad thread
sage

Like I said, view actual gun cam footage and don't rely on video game rolling scissors to do so. While that small German formations was an issue, but if the He 111s were trying to bomb ships they would have to do it at low.

Are people really this retarded? If it was told chronologically all of the boat stuff would be crammed into the last 40 minutes of the movie, and all the plane stuff would be crammed into the last 20 minutes. I thought it was well done because there were usually similar levels of tension anytime the movie switched perspective, and the score carried over from the previous scene.

>muh gun cam footage!
>let's ignore basic doctrine that competent pilots should know!
May I remind you that nearly no planes had gun cams in ww2?
See Tora Tora Tora for how a history film should be done. Chronologically, with all the facts explained clearly. Not some ebin action mindfuck meme directing

What basic doctrine? The planes were scissoring? Hard maneuvers are a thing of video games where stalls and spin are null.

>what basic doctrine?
Lmao ok, now I know you're trolling

Can you take up a trip so I can filter all of your posts from now on?

Not OP but this scene bothered the fuck out of me so much to the point where i thought "there has to be some logical explanation to this and i'm fucking stupid".

It's not even mindfuck you're just an idiot.

>Bullets can't go through water
Oh user

Bullets can't go through water mongoloid. They break apart a few inches after penetrating the surface. The Saving Private Ryan scene of bullets whizzing past people's heads like torpedos is fantasy.

youtu.be/yvSTuLIjRm8

>May I remind you that nearly no planes had gun cams in ww2?

Nah, in fact lets mirror this scene from an irl experience, abridged of course, from Norbert Hannig's Luftwaffe Fighter Ace. Of course it's a rudder guns d, but the Spitfire has a much lower stall speed and therefore can turn better than an Fw 190.
>"I've got one right behind me..." It was Heino. I looked down and spotted a lone Focke-Wuld fleeing southwards. A P-51 was sitting right in his tail and three others were following close behind in line astern. Heino was...tramping hard on left and right rudder in turn...Every time Heino saw the Mustang starting to slide in behind him he would slam on opposite rudder...I loosed off a few bursts at the three P-51s...When they spotted my cannon shells exploding on the ground around them they broke into a turn which put them out of the running for a while. Now I could concentrate on the Mustang sitting behind Heino...I edged in closer, "Heino, get ready - left rudder now!" Heino had just put on right rudder...I had the clear field of fire I needed. At this range I couldn't miss. And at this altitude the result was inevitable. The Mustang's nose went down a fraction and it cartwheeled into the ground.
So there we have it, almost the same scene, with the left and right motions (albeit rudder vs aileron with elevator), and the wingman calling the last maneuver for the kill shot. I'm not trolling, you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

He thinks WW2 pilots had a RWR, third person view, and complete spatial awareness 100% of the time. No point trying to prove him wrong with facts and evidence.

tfw I probably got trolled

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT IT MUST MEAN UR DUMB XD
Just because it's convulted and confusing doesn't make it "deep and intellectual" moron.
read: >50 cal
well no shit. You realize riflemen don't shoot 50 cal, right?
do you need to retake highschool physics user?
Here they're veering hard right and left, in Dunkirk the fuckers barely turned. You're probably one of those kids who corrects the teacher in his intro history class yet fails each test miserably.
epic passive agressiveness lads, now back to L3ddit

>Retard pilot didn't land near the brits or just bail

Why did he do that? If he wanted to destroy the plane couldn't he have just ejected and let the plane crash?

>well no shit. You realize riflemen don't shoot 50 cal, right?
>do you need to retake highschool physics user?

Your trolling is lame as fuck. Find another thread to shit up.

You're an idiot. It doesn't matter the caliber, the round will still shatter when it hits the waters surface

nah i was just trying to show that the bullets break apart super fast underwater

>Your trolling is lame as fuck. Find another thread to shit up.
nice cop out, now back to L3ddit with you
oh lel I just saw a snippet of the video which had the guy saying that the bullet hit the other side of the pool.

>CIVILIANS DIDN'T FUCKING DRIVE THE BOATS NAVY OFFICERS DID

Isn't that why they left before the officers arrived? The guy didn't want the army's help.

yes the specifically have dialogue explaining this amd then another scene of the puzzled officers watching the ship leave without them

I bet you believe the earth is flat as well you fucking dunce.

Confirmed for not seeing the scene with all the civilian boats and the OBVIOUS civvies manning the boats

Pay attention dipshits

Dogfighting was historically accurate, Hardy's actions are even based on real events, the altitude was also accurate

Civilians + Core captained the boats (history)

Slower velocity bullets (like the ones used in WW2) need a few meters to slow to non-lethal speeds

That pilots actions were based on real life events, and spitfires were notorious for long-coasting

Pilot lost his momentum turning around, and was much lower than before, needed a long beach to land (this one is stretching I'll admit)

>characters development in the span of a week broken up over different scenes

>calling a suspenseful movie boring

what else ya got

the movie had a nice clean sun hotspot seen at one of the Hardy scenes

how did the plane fly without engine lmao

>Slower velocity bullets (like the ones used in WW2)

Those German planes were firing 7.92 rifle caliber bullets, the same used in the K98 rifles the German infantry used. Please stop spouting bullshit, supersonic bullets fragment immediately when they hit water. A subsonic heavy round like a .45 would go farther but that's it.

how do gliders fly without engines lmao

>literally altering history to suck Nolan's dick

Sup Forums, everyone

Sup Forums used to not be baited so easily. don't feel too proud of yourself.

>dissenting opinion = bait
Another Nolan drone from plebbit, ugh

>Opens thread pretending to know everything about war
>Wants to be different from everybody just because he/she didn't like the movie

Get lost kiddo

>bail out
>at that altitude

Does it make you feel good about yourself when you pretend like you have knowledge on a subject that you know nothing about? Is this an autism or narcissism thing?

Autism

let's say you're right, and if I'm sure were both reading the same source, then the bullet has 3 feet to disintegrate

movie magic stretched that a couple feet

I'm still 6 for 7

This faggot should've died instead of the poor frog

>get lost kiddo
this is why I can tell you're from plebbit
he could have landed near the troops

>3 feet to disintegrate
Try 6 inches, probably even less than that. If you were in water the worst you get was some superficial fragmentation wounds.

he's a troll, stop responding

they said a .50 cal rifle, which fires at 3000 ft/sec penetrates 3 feet before losing all of it's energy

now from a higher height, with a slower round, I'd bet it'd would hit at least three fight and maybe farther

>You share a board with this retard

what's wrong buddy, slower rounds go farther

Why would he attempt to save his own life by endangering troopers when he already consciously made the desicion to put their lives above his?

I know empathizing with other human beings is next to impossible for people of your cognitive aberration, but this is anime levels of basic character motivation.

Just saw this last night

>WarThunder
The guncam and bane view looked exactly like HD warthunder, that was my immediate impression.
I'm disappointed Nolan saw fit to use just 1-3 planes per shot, with the dive-bombers this was especially laughable. The "naval combat" was totally one-dimensional and there's nothing else to say about it. The sea was both empty and absurdly cluttered, no understanding of what a water horizon looks like, no indication Nolan has ever looked closely at one.

>le all discipline has gone meme for three hours
The soldiers are scum who don't have the slightest intent of fighting Germans or following orders. I would name one but I don't think they had names aside from Cilian Murphy's character.

This is the most 18+ post I ever seen. Some 14 year old kid spouting out shit he doesn't have a clue about. My God, this board is cancer.

Movie is kino

good post
I like how you didn't even try to rebuke my points

Not worth rebuking. All of your points are superficial because you're a child who doesn't know how to form an argument without memes.

Christopher Nolan is known for being boring but the .."people" like him for some heath ledger joker reason.

Fuck you. Was epic. Checking every hour to see if there is a cam up yet because I want to watch it again.

Ok buddy, maybe you should try trolling in Plebbit? You might get more responses :)
shill?

Nah, I legit liked it. I've seen a fuck tonne of war movies in my time, this wasn't the best but it was still pretty good. The whole narrative of the pilot(BANE) was amazing, three sorties on the way across the channel to try to make it to the beaches, fucking epic.

I feel like I should report you for underage, as that can be the only explanation for your posts.

Or maybe, you're really THAT stupid

>>meme

Stopped reading right there.

Have you ever considered suicide?

what on earth is this pleb talking about

Or you are another one of those faggots that thinks that cinema is supposed to be avante garde and not liked by, for lack of a better word, people.

Nolan shills in full force out today I see

>bullets can't go through water

uncalled for
Bane wasn't much of a character . . introduced in his pilot seat IIRC. Caine says 40 minute fight time, so you know that's the central problem right off. Just a series of fights crossing the channel.

Isn't that one of the rules of being on Sup Forums?

There wasn't much in the way of any charachter development in the entire movie. I doubt that anyone involved in the production thought that would be the idea of the movie. Dropping the whole flight time at the start really did make it entirely obvious but I think that the way they then had multiple sorties, the entire time keeping track of fuel consumption and then at the end when he ran out of fuel, it was fucking cliche'd, but it was still worth it.

This is such an ignorant opinion it actually frustrates me. Fuck this place.

You're correct but not contributing anything except butthurt to people who like it (normies)

George was a hero and did his best

He's dead mate.

how do birds fly without engines lmao

Oh cool, an edgy 14 year old gives us his opinion.

It was alright
Biggest problems is the so called week for the infantry didn't seem like a week at all and the occasional bravo nolan moments (blind man/he wouldn't even look me in the eye)
Don't feel the need to see it again.

So watching this with me dad he tells me that they didn't start painting the noses of me 109's yellow till later on in the war.
Is this true? If so why would nolan fuck up such a detail?

Yeah but the thing is, many of them shouldn't go through with it

You probably should

we just don't know.
youtu.be/Kh0Y2hVe_bw

Someone get this hothead out of here!

>He is too stupid to follow along.
Sad, you want to watch Pearl Harbor again?

Compared to A Bridge to Far, The Big Red One, Battle of Britain, Sink the Bismarck it probably was the best war film every created.

Probably better than any novelization or fever dream of war.