Post Christian-kino here

Post Christian-kino here.

Hacksaw Ridge has made me want to go back to the flock and worship the lord. Thank you based Mel-kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7m2pUhjmis
youtube.com/watch?v=DT2yfzWrulY
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm
deism.com/paine_essay_false_prophecies_of_jesus_1.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay, you start.

This is trolling, right?

Silence

Was a good movie, although the I had my qualms with it, while the combat scenes were pretty, they were also quite dumb and cheesy. But if you alter your faith based on a movie like that you ought to reconsider.

Thor has made me want to go back to my ancestors and worship the Allfather. Thank you based capeshit.

I'm gonna name my new dog Freya

It's 2017 wake up already. We are going to discover planets and not worship some man in the sky.

Odin has an eight-legged steed. Jesus rides a camel. I think it's clear who deserves praise here.

Jesus promised an end to bad people, Odin promised an end to Ice Giants. I'm not seeing very many ice giants around.

>Jesus rides a camel.

What bible are you reading? He rides a donkey.

Jesus rode a donkey you uneducated dumbfuck.

Wait I thought this was a romance flick

youtube.com/watch?v=f7m2pUhjmis

Where my /agnostic/ niggas at?

tree of life
thin red line
I haven't seen the rest of his films but they must be true christian kino as well

there is a lot about faith in it obviously

Guys, the best Christian Kino I've ever watched is Of Gods and Men.

It's a French film but it's GOAT Catholic kino. Give it a watch.

>An order of Trappist monks whose members include Christian (Lambert Wilson) and Luc (Michael Lonsdale) live among the Muslim population in a quiet corner of Algeria. As the country is plunged into civil war in the mid-1990s, the men of God must decide whether to stay among the impoverished residents who have been their neighbors, or flee the encroaching fundamentalist terrorists. The situation that unfolds, based on actual events, has tragic consequences.

I think this qualifies, great nonetheless

>Jesus rides a camel
just you wait until jesus comes back with his army of angels riding a white horse, wielding a double edged sword, and wears a robe soaked in blood

That doesn't qualify at all.

Nice normie meme. Worse than reddit. Go back to Facebook.

>not dual wielding

Noah was shit and it shit on the Bible.

Cool Hand Luke

why? what do you think the message was?

This looks great.

Good post.

Silence was so good.

youtube.com/watch?v=DT2yfzWrulY

terrible bait apparently not even a nibble

the real answer is obviously The Last Temptation of Christ but you're all from reddit so you wouldn't understand

It came from Sup Forums like 10 years ago newfag

No, its a meme. Thats different.

>>>/tumblr/

My wife's son, second cousin once removed liked your post.

Nice try, """"scientists"""""

for what it's worth i have a degree in physics and am very well studied in the field. it's difficult to explain prayer to someone who has never authentically attempted to do it, but i can assure you i repent for most of my prayers. psychologically what i'm doing is probably just introspecting, but the fact that it helps me to believe in god shouldn't bother you. i am not part of a hivemind of christians nor do i care for their political correctness. maybe you will see how you're a hypocrite someday.

"Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."

>someone who has never authenically attempted to do it
Nice false assumption.

ok so you're a cynic. why does it bother you if people believe in god?

>message

its just a bunch of italians being their vulgar selves starring an italian bill murray

whats there to get?

Yeah man, let people believe in whatever they want. Who cares if it's real or not. What's the worst thing that can happen?

Gee I wonder why an American would be bothered by Christianity?
Same reason I'm bothered by flat-earthers.

the world was bad before god had a part in it
>white mainline protestant
do you ever consider that you might be being willfully ignorant of the true power of faith?

The true power of faith is getting people to believe in extraordinary claims entirely without proof, and despite any and all proof to the contrary.

>before god
Like ... 5000 BC or something? Are you fucking serious right now

I would be easy to convince with any verifiable evidence of any religious claim.
What, on the other hand, would convince you that YOU might be wrong? Probably nothing. That's "faith".

Silence was probably the best movie of 2016

Paganism as you almost certainly imagine it IS jewish propaganda. It is a construct made up by Jewish-dominated past-Enlightenment academia that has almost fucking nothing in common with what even ancient Greeks, never mind practicers of paganisms from which very little survived to our day, like that of the Norse, actually believed. It was made up to seem anything more than a collection of bloody and incosistent superstitions specifically to undermine Christianity.

Take a look at the most advanced paganism in history, Hinduism. A small bunch of Christian adventurers BTFOed a whole sub-continent its adherents and their descendants only failed to kept India under their thumb due to events that flowed from the Europe abandoning Christianity. Hinduism also was not very successful at teaching people to poo in loo of course.

no it's not. people need to be herded it doesn't matter what most people believe as long as someone knows the truth.
i meant before humans did things in the name of the christian god. you're acting like atheists haven't done anything bad. people's poor choices aren't god's fault.
i doubt the existence of god every day of my life

One of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

Remember, at the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.

How do atheists explain this away?

strawmanning ignorant people who claim to be followers of god isn't a compelling argument against religion

Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.

Thanks friend, I'll give it a watch.

Actually it's religious people who are constantly at war with science. Atheists just think they're dumb and mostly don't bother arguing with them that the world isn't 6000 years old because that's dumb. Dawkins must have the patience of a saint to put up with any of these morons.

>Actually it's religious people who are constantly at war with science
some religious people. many religious people, myself included, are scientists. you're making too many generalizations.

>He says, while literally believing the atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything, for no reason, and had it magically form sentient life.

So what you're basically saying is you have no understanding of Christianity, and know all you know about history from Family Guy.

Plebbit was a mistake.

OT prophecy has been thoroughly debunked already. Many of them don't refer to the messiah. Some do refer to the messiah and were unfulfilled, and others were retconned in after the fact.

In 3 of 4 of the gospels Corinius is govener of Judea and orders a census of the known world, in the other its Herod, 30-40 years apart, but also ordered a census. This gives Jesus of Nazareth a convenient backstory for having a reason to be born in Bethlehem as prophesied. Unfortunately, there is no historical record of
any census ever occurring because it never happened under any Roman governor of any province let alone Judea.

This is not a verifiable religious claim. Words in religious texts are not proof.

MelGibsonKino

Yes. This thread has been posted every day this week.

>not naming it Fenrir
Wouldn't it be more suited?

>The world is 6000 years old

I notice that you didn't address my point that science can't offer any explanation on the metaphysical. Why is that?

Also, that's a strawman. It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?

Totally serious: Kevin Smith's Dogma

>you can't put god in a test tube
You can't keep him out of one either.
If the metaphysical exists, it has properties, and if those properties are immeasurable and invisible they are indistinguishable from nothing.

Blame Dunkirk comparisons for that.

That old toast meme really triggered a couple of you guys huh?
I didn't post it but my father is a pastor and I've read the bible cover to cover as well as attending 20 years of church and going to church camp. You're welcome to argue with me if you like.

No, actually I believe the Atheism fairy exploded god into existence. Where else could a human deity have come from? Certaintly not humans.

Sure it can. We don't know where consciousness and emotion come from yet but they're part of the natural universe and can be scientifically explained. There's no magic here.

Can your science or your religion offer any explaination of the Zytophysical? The Zytophysical transcends all possible realities. Prove it doesn't exist!!!1

>Saying something is debunked means it's debunked
>Eye witness accounts are not proof

Hoo boy we got a live one. Remember, belief in the Risen Christ has changed the world more than any other force in history, as was His manifest destiny. It is the only belief system that has miracles happening to this day, the Miracle of the Sun and the Fatima revelations happened within the last century, and the only logically consistent tying up of thousands of years worth of prophecies.

Can you prove the atheism fairy magically exploded nothing into everything, for no reason, and had it magically form sentient life? I bet I've more proof for my world view than you do yours.

>We know where emotion comes from

Fundamentally untrue. Can you prove, for example, that the physical changes in the brain are the causes of emotion and not a physical byproduct of the metaphysical process of experiencing emotion?

Of course not. Like all materialists you confuse effect as cause.

My religion literally explains everything, fedora. Your passive aggressive sarcasm only lets slip your own lack of faith in your belief.

I said we don't know. Read slower.
That doesn't make it magic.

>Don't know where it came from
>Can't explain or quantify consciousness

>See proof no God

Are all atheicucks brainlets?

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

God isn't 'magic', claiming he is only shows your lack of understanding.

He's a fundamental force. Would you describe morality as magic?

No. They're just trying to make sense of things and haven't found God. We can pray for them.

Muhammad Split the moon. There were thousands of witnesses--only none of them outside the immediate area. I guess that means its true.

The "eyewitness accounts" in the gospels come nearly 100 years after christ and contradict each other wildly. One includes 500 zombies that go around jerusalem preaching to people, yet it isn't recorded anywhere else.

And no I'm not just asserting those claims are debunked without evidence. Go look for yourself. A ton of bible scholars even agree. Here's an essay by good old founding father Thomas Paine for starters: deism.com/paine_essay_false_prophecies_of_jesus_1.htm

Theres also a mountain of scientific evidence about the big bang. Just because I don't believe a human diety created the universe doesn't mean it has no explanation. If I thought that Zeus didn't hurl lightning bolts thousands of years ago did that mean i thought the atheism fairy created lightning?

>If I can't explain something it must be magic

So atheists are literally a parody f themselves at this point...

Fundamental force what is this bullshit
Science is everything that is real. If God is real he's part of science and can be scientifically explained. If he's not part of reality then he's just pretend. Chose.

Explain where god came from, or how its possible for god to always exist, or the physical/metaphysical process that occurs during miracles.

You're a fucking moron who can't comprehend even the most simple posts. That's the Christian position. Kill yourself.

>There's a ton of evidence for the big bang

There's a ton of evidence for Christ, the force that changed the world more than any other force. Miracles, the whole subjective experience of giving yourself to Him and being changed by the Holy spirit, etc. It's not just blind faith, there is a palpable difference.

The problem with your (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence, and not just from an evolutionary standpoint, but that the very fundamental forces of nature (gravity, strong and weak nuclear force, electromagnatism) are perfectly in tune for the physical to exist as it does.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

There's nothing on this world that can force people to accept that proposition as an axiom. We're fundamentally free to believe.

>more people believing in something means its true
I guess Apollo existed then? Hinduism must be the one true religion because its the biggest AND the oldest.

Paine's essays are purely opinion, and the evidence behind them is based on very loose translation of a handful of the hundred of other prophecies that Paine couldn't explain away with poor logic.

It's a discredited fedora pipe dream.

So don't you think God could explain how he came to exist? He's either part of reality or he isn't. Surely if he knows all he could explain how he came to exist right?

I'm not even sure what this argument means?

I don't see why I would need to accept that proposition

If you can prove miracles to me I'll believe.

I don't know the answers to those big questions, science is still asking. We may never know.

Occam's razor requires LESS assumptions. An intellignece that exists outside time is a huge ball of assumptions that raises way more questions that it answers.

Science is a measure of the physical. Nothing more. The scientific method is logical method of investigation on the physical, sure, but how can it offers any insight into the metaphysical? Anything at all? It can't. It's not what it's for.

Think about it for a second and you'll see how ignorant your position is.

Life is direct evidence of God...

1. Everything that exists has an explanation of its existence, either in the necessity of its own nature or in an external cause.
2. If the universe has an explanation of its existence, that explanation is God.
3. The universe exists.
4. Therefore, the universe has an explanation of its existence (from 1, 3).
5. Therefore, the explanation of the universe’s existence is God (from 2, 4).

1. Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2. The universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.
2. Objective moral values and duties do exist.
3. Therefore, God exists.

1. The fine-tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity, chance, or design.
2. It is not due to physical necessity or chance.
3. Therefore, it is due to design.

1. It is possible that a maximally great being exists.
2. If it is possible that a maximally great being exists, then a maximally great being exists in some possible world.
3. If a maximally great being exists in some possible world, then it exists in every possible world.
4. If a maximally great being exists in every possible world, then it exists in the actual world.
5. If a maximally great being exists in the actual world, then a maximally great being exists.
6. Therefore, a maximally great being exists.

1. If the multiverse doesn't exist, there is sufficient scientific reason to believe life is naturally impossible.
2. Stephen Hawking and many other science cucks are advocates for the existence of the multiverse for this reason, and such lends the theory credence.
3. If the multiverse exists, all possibilities exist.
4. If all possibilities exist, God exists.
5. If God exists in any universe, being God, He necessarily exists in all universes.
6. It is by definition impossible to negate God.
7. If scientists like Steven Hawking are right about the existence of the multiverse then God exists.

You can't understand God, and therefore claim Him to be magic. No Christian thinks God is a magic man in the sky, that's an atheist assumption because they've never really thought about it.