This confuses and enrages the European

This confuses and enrages the European.

It costs €1000 for the driving class and the costs of having and maintaining a car are sky high in deutschland

wtf I hate manual now

Automatic for city driving and high traffic conditions

Manual for enjoying the ride and the mechanical feel of the car

Extreme preference for one over the other is autism

MT is more fuel efficient you dumb Yank. AT is perfect for lazy burgers that aren't intelligent enough to operate the transmissions.

Manual is easy and becomes second nature after using it for longer than a month.

There's nothing confusing or hard about auto. It's made exactly to be easy and so brain dead that even Americans can use them :^)

Stop pretending you're Japanese, Paul, you fucking weeaboo retard. You can't fool anyone here.

Largely untrue for modern vehicles. Automatics have pretty much overtaken manual in fuel efficiency.

Now go pack yourself into an overcrowded train so you can commit some more warcrimes while purchasing used schoolgirl panties and getting nuked.

Automatics are now outdoing manuals in terms of fuel efficiency. This isn't 1980 anymore, we have better computers.

accident rate for manual is higher.

No they aren't lol

why does that car have 2 handbrakes?

Not anymore, even older autos from the 90s can outperform them if you have the engine/transmission rebuilt.

Manual for anything other than a truck/heavy vehicle like a tractor is pointless. Having to baby the fuck out of a car to stop it from stalling is a pointless chore.

Who fucking gives a shit? Drive whichever style makes you happy you stupid fucks.

What all the other (You)'s said but also locking torque converters basically "evened" out the competition in the 1990s. (When you combine the fact that the shifting on an automatic is more seamless than your average driver with a manual it is surpassed.)

People "report" better gas mileage with their manual transmission because they have nothing else to compare it to. Driving habits account for about 30% of a vehicles fuel consumption.

Now adays with modern engine and transmission management computer systems there's basically nothing left. No human being can compete with it. The only way now a manual gets better fuel economy is if the manufacturer willfully puts a shitty transmission in the vehicle.

This confuses and enrages the American.

>The English Teacher is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, weeaboo, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him an English Teacher and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”

Exactly. And now dual clutches are faster than manuals too

Manuals literally do nothing better, they just complicate your ride and let you believe that you're some kind of auto elitist

>Canada trying to insult Japan

>Canada is literally irrelevant on the world stage and has accomplished virtually nothing

Continue being pointless please.

No, bidets are just faggy. Fecal choliform loves water. So spraying water on your shit, and then having that water on your body after... completely unhygenic.

Toilet paper wins.

This says some sort of GM vehicle to me.

Am I correct?

Dear diary,

Today Canada did not shitpost

Thanks Canada

Do you have any stats to back that up? I don't exactly doubt it, because there's a lot of retards driving, but I can't see how having to push 2 pedals down instead of one would cause more accidents.

>Toilet paper wins.
We use both m8
It's not one or the other.

Manuals are rare in Japan, Kevin. I and two people of my friends drive them but that's it.

I wonder how you Yanks ever enjoy anything. Your food has to be ready under 2 minutes, your cheese has to come in a plastic wrapper or out of a tube, your car has to accelerate automatic so your kids can drive it too.
Even your rifles are full automatic when you blow up the white kids on school.

How do you enjoy life if everything is already chewed for you?!

No, this enrages me, the native born american.
Automatics are degenerate and breed shitty drivers that cause accidents.
Every vehicle should be manual, if you can't fucking operate a transmission you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a 2 ton automobile, period.
Faggits.

Best theft deterrent money can buy.

7 speeds of pure driving heaven.

Can we all just agree that Belgians are worse shitposters than Canadians?

Wtf are you talking about kiwi

>baby the fuck out of a car to stop it from stalling

>press accelerator slightly
>engage clutch
wow

I bought a 2015 Lancer with a manual last year.
I love the transmission, the engine is shit and I cant wait to change the EMC
>Stick for life.

Say it with me.

>STICK SHIFT MASTERRACE

Why are you attacking me? You do know that when you attack your enemies, they win, right?

>Every vehicle should be manual, if you can't fucking operate a transmission you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a 2 ton automobile, period.
Based Burger-bro

Totally right sideways germany.

Trips speak truth once again.

I am surprised you guys are past using your hands.

>he calls the gas pedal the accelerator

>You mean the air pedal.
If we are being technical.

What else would you call it?

Theyre fun

I'm surprised you can even wipe your own ass, given that everything Canadians touch turns to shit, including your posts

>Have to very deliberately and very slowly let off of it and if you use even a hair too little or too much force it fucking stalls because car transmission are too weak to engage/disengage

The only vehicles this is not a problem with are trucks and heavy vehicles because they have real transmissions, car transmissions are a pointless chore.

>Calls the throttle pedal the gas pedal even though the fuel system of an internal combustion engine is not directly connected to the throttle linkage

Technically correct, the best kind of correct!

Anyone who drives automatic is only promoting the destruction of enjoyable automobile experiences.

TRIGGERED AS FUCK

I love it when my car is as unnecessarily obtuse as possible. So I have a manual transmission, manual windows and locks, tires inflated by hand-pump, a hand-cranked starter, and headlights that I light individually using whale oil.

I've never had this problem with any manual car after I learned how to fucking drop a clutch, you just suck.

t. jap who took a time machine from the 80's

>they just complicate your ride

You really don't get it hu? It's an automated gesture you dumb fuck. There is nothing complicated about driving manual. Or did we Europeans suddenly gain a trade Yanks can't seem to figure out? No we didn't, you're just a lazy country.

>ITT Portugal so buttmad about a shit post on a shit joke can't even be funny with a response.

I swear all you Spanish speaking countries are too uptight all the time.

>Automatic vs. Manual thread.
>Full of NEETs who can't even change their own oil.

>AUTOMATICS ARE FOR NUBS MANUAL IS SKILLS I'M SUCH A SKILL DRIVER
>IT TAKES NO SKILL TO DRIVE A MANUAL
Pick one faggot.

>can't take banter, so he defends himself by claiming others are upset or taking it too seriously
You got outskilled, deal with it leaf ;^)

wo there bud, i have been working on cars for so long, i don't even need to jack them up. I just bench the car up and keep it in the air with the fury of my rock hard cock.

It's no skill, you just have to give it time to learn it. Can't your leaf brain figure that one out by yourself?

You didn't take the bait ya twat, every Portuguese person i have ever met gets angry as fuck if you tell them they speak Spanish.

have you tried DSG?

I changed your mom's oil last night

This. MT are overall less efficient, MTs are only more efficient in older vehicles where automatics didn't have locking torque converters.

Maybe if your flag didn't look like a bullseye people wouldn't bomb you so hard. Maybe when you get a job and can afford a car you will understand that manual transmission is only superior for having fun driving on long, open roads that your country can never truly offer.

Now get back on your bicycle and deliver some noodles or something.

They don't? What do they speak then?

And stop going ad hominem all the time. You make us think even more that automatic car drivers are full of shit

I can drive both, so whats the matter.

It's overused, t b h family.

Portuguese, just like BRs, but without sounding like shit

They speak moortugese

Shit! Now I'm pissed.

I thought BRs spoke Brazilian, wow I feel like a legit moron now

Yeah, because it's obsolete technology. It's not to say there's not value in learning to use obsolete technology.

There's some applications where the obsolete technologies are still better. But you have to let go and admit what it is.

It's like bolt-action rifles. In an infantry combat situation, they have been obsoleted to death. But they are still more accurate at longer ranges, great for hunting, or sniping.

But using a bolt action rifle doesn't make you a better shooter by default. It just means you're a piece of hipster garbage. "le vintage".

03 Evo 8
1995 ford ranger xlt

Both stick feels pretty good, and its more fun imo

Actually, i fucking hate auto's. Its like driving on auto pilot.

Have a 6 speed in my car. its great too, because no one asks to borrow your car.

How do you even drive an automatic?

auto a shit

Give it the D and press the go pedal

I'm not even sure if bait at this point...

No, BRs speak Portuguese, but they do have their own diallect that is slightly different from ours.

Much peterbilt

>Automatic for city driving and high traffic conditions

Truth. Especially when it takes you 2 hours to get to your 5km destination.

How can you drift on automatic?

Put it in Drift mode, you idiot. The drift is automatic.

It's like asking does these cars has steering and connection between engine and wheels

Are MT more expensive in the US? Here AT is.

Yeah, heh heh, it was bait... yeah... I knew that all along

>all these manual stick autists

I bet you still use leeches every time you get a cold too!

Just waiting for the new chevy

Why must every new car be completely without style or memorable design? Surely even an inexpensive economy car can be given a more exciting design.

If you will look closer, they are having different things in the front to distinguish them

What kind of pansy petrol engine are you driving where it's that sensitive?

>tfw most people do AT-only courses at the 自動車学校

No in the US auto is just the standard now. You have to actually look for manual cars, and a lot of models don't even have the option anymore because nobody will buy them.

I learned to drive with a manual and auto just feels weird, in parking lots for example not pressing the gas is to slow but press it a bit and it's to fast. I get why some might not like it but implying it's some big chore makes you look like a retard.

This wisdom should have been the end to the thread. Everything After it is just mindless blabber. Shame tho.

I'm a little annoyed by it too. Because it means we still don't have self driving cars.

>Why must every new car be completely without style or memorable design?
It's literally because of safety standards. Cars gotta have thick bumpers and big crumple zones to protect the occupants, and they had to ditch all the cool pointy shit sticking off the front ends a long time ago for pedestrian safety.

i've driven both MT and AT and AT felt extremely clunky, like if i was on autopilot. also the engine efficiency is much worse. MT feels like you are in much more control.

No way. You can't text and drive with a manual and they're driven mostly by enthusiasts as opposed to oblivious retards and soccer moms

I hate cars. I hate how society is designed around them. I hate having to pay 1/5th of my paycheck yearly to maintain my car. I hate that I need it to even HAVE a job.

Fuck cars. Society would've been better without them. Living in the suburbs and having to commute to cities is expensive and time consuming. I spend more money on gas, car payments, and taxes for my car than I do on fucking housing, and housing is bullshit expensive right now.

Cars being necessary for life is how the ((()))s keep scamming us. They can keep getting away with it, because what are you going to do about it? Not drive? Good luck, you dumb nigger, you need cars now, and you absolutely have to fucking drive everywhere. God forbid the Saudis stop selling us cheap ass barrels. Once they price hike after they've destroyed the competition, I'm going to have to spend 1/4th of my annual income just to afford gas.

New ATs are much better than the older ones, MTs do give you much more control and can be much more fun to drive. ATs are better for commuting, MTs are better for fun if there isn't traffic.

>hitler dubs checked

It's going to be amusing seeing manual transmission luddites desperately trying to stick to them as electric and automated vehicles are introduced to the market.

P.S. Manufacturers want to get rid of manual cars entirely because they require two different tool chains for the transmission, which increases costs.

Manuals will get progressively more expensive as time goes on in order to justify offering them to begin with. But hey, luddite fools parted with their money is a win in my books.

>also the engine efficiency is much worse.
Wrong