All New Avengers #1

>AVENGERS #1
MARK WAID (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A)
COVER BY ALEX ROSS
>The time has come! Their ranks shattered by Civil War, their spirits weighted down by a toll both personal and spiritual, Earth’s Mightiest Heroes must find the resolve to stand united one final time against their greatest foe! Captain America! Thor! The Vision! The Wasp! Spider-Man! Hercules! When the dust settles, not a one of these valiant heroes will make it to the final page alive!
>This is KANG WAR ONE!
>"Avengers" #1 by Mark Waid and Mike Del Mundo arrives in stores this November.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-all-new-avengers-1-alex-ross-covers-debuts-mighty-lineup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please ignore everything Abnett did

Wait another avengers number one? Jesus Christ guys

>When the Avengers emerge in the fallout of "Civil War II," the team will look a bit different -- although they'll be fighting a familiar and deadly foe. >Marvel Comics has given CBR the exclusive first look at Alex Ross' cover for the all-new "Avengers" #1, which is part of the publisher's upcoming Marvel NOW! initiative. The cover depicts the Avengers' streamlined new roster: Captain America, Thor, Vision, Wasp, Hercules and Spider-Man
>This lineup of course comes after the departure of the teenage members Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Nova and Ms. Marvel from the team; those characters will form the core of the new "Champions" team book. This new Alex Ross cover does exclude one possible member that was included on the initial series teaser art by Adam Kubert: an Iron Man with an unrevealed identity.
>The solicit text for the new series proclaims the title of the first storyarc as well, which will be called "Kang War One." It's possible that we just saw the kickoff of this storyline in a recent issue of Waid's "All-New All-Different Avengers" as well.

Wasnt Abnett hercules good ?

>it's the continuation of a plot point from ANAD Avengers #13
>Iron Doom not joining this team at first

no it was just less bad than everything else marvel was putting out

>KANG WAR ONE!
我々

comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-all-new-avengers-1-alex-ross-covers-debuts-mighty-lineup

>tfw Spider-Man leaves after fourth page
It was. People are salty over God of Tumblr and how Herc's friends kept shitting on him in Civil War 2 tie-in.

Damn, Marvel always puts Del Mundo on shit titles.

>Mike del Mundo

Why does Marvel have all the good artists, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Who'd have thought Waid's Avenger would be so irrelevant.

Bendis isn't even writing the main book and him and Spencer are running the show

Because they also have the worst.

Surely this will sell

ANAD avengers sold more than the best current x-book for a while, which is Uncanny, it wasnt until CW2 and apocalypse war that Uncanny manage to pass it.

It'll probably do a lot better than Champions.

>actually a variant

well considering it's a flagship book, yeah it might

no spidey, maybe a variant but there might be some truth in it.

like Uncanny Avengers and ANAD Avengers were.

>The Avengers are fighting Kang again
FUCKING. STOP.

>They are still pushing Captain Falcon
has he surpassed Bucky Cap?

Only one Avengers book had Jarvis :^)

Why ?

He is one of the big avengers villain, besides is good that they are using him not like the F4

>Avengers is not selling guys, what should we do?
>Pander to Spiderfags
Why is Del Mundo being wasted on this garbage?

Bucky was Captain America for a bit less than four years, Falcon has been Cap for over two years right now. I don't think he's surpassing Buck.

To be fair he'd be on garbage no matter what title they'd put him on. When's his exclusive up? He needs to be saved.

I mean, Pak's Hulk is one of the good titles and he was supposed to be on that.

Remember how everyone bitched because the in the early/mid '90s the Avengers were people like Black Knight, Crystal, Gilgamesh, Sersi, Hercules, etc.? Just a bunch of random people who really had no cohesiveness or felt like Avengers?

That's what this book, and the Avengers in general thanks to brand dillution, feels like.

Butthurt DCfag Marvel has all the good artists, lmao.

Del Mundo is wasted in big two garbage in general, anyway. He should go to do creator driven indie books.

It's not good.

Wow, I guess the Peter-is-the-new-tony thing is going to the logical place

>Black Knight
>Gilgamesh
>Sersi
Literally whos. People bitched with a reason.

I mean, the names are there. CAPTAIN AMERICA! THOR! VISION! HERCULES! That's as Avengery as it gets, but then you peel away the names and it's CAPTAIN AMERICA's other best friend and THOR's ex-girlfriend are hanging out with some Avengers for some reason, also, Spider-Man is there.

>Marvel has all the good artists, lmao.
What, you mean like Henderson and Land?

His first volume was so but so much shit.
Not expecting good things in here either.

Only Sersi returned to her normal life (in canon), and has yet to return post-Secret Wars (publication-wise).

See, I actually liked the idea of each member of this lineup being a successor to one of the founding Avengers (even if fem-Thor sucks), but putting Spidey in there ruins the concept.

>putting Spidey in there ruins the concept
Spidey is the Iron Man.

Who are Hercules and Vision succeeding?

Yeah, I know. I was just... bitching. I liked that team, jackets and all.
Sersi was supposed to show up in Black Knight but it got cancelled so...

>implying he may eventually leave to give way for Iron Doom

So maybe Doom Man might be in it?

That'd be worth reading, imo.

Spidey left the Uncanny Avengers after one issue. No reason to think he won't pull that shit again.

Oh right the first victim of the relaunch, Who will be the first victim of MARVEL NOW 2.0 ?

I bet is going to be foolkiller

I can't remember the last time a book got sent out to die as unabashedly as Black Knight. They even dealt him the killing blow by immediately putting him in the Weirdworld that they were trying desperately to put over at the time.

I bet on Solo, seeing how it's CONTROVERSIAL to shoot terrorists these days.

I can get behind this roster, but I can't get behind another #1

They keep their shitty artists for the X-books. REEEEEEEEEEEE

How does it feel that a dickgirl artist on a DC book is producing better art than 90% of Marlel artists?

>acting like Falcon isn't a classic Avenger
He was in the Michelinie, Johns, and Hickman runs.

But Duggan is the writer, how can he fail ?

Hercules took over Hulk's book for a while.
Vision is Hank Pym's "grandson" by way of Ultron.
I'd rather have Sif (as in Journey into Mystery) than femThor, but otherwise this is a pretty good lineup.

Indeed. While Weirdworld was perfect for sword & sorcery comic they really pushed it everywhere in first couple of months after Secret Wars. Even fucking X-Men went there.
He can just don't care. It's not like book will sell, why invest any effort.

>It's not like book will sell, why invest any effort.
Creative freedom. It's why stuff like Vision and Omega Men is God tier and Batman is mediocre fan pandering.

Was going more by the 60's members, the ones who are synonymous with the team, Falcon joined up in 79 and I can't remember him playing any major role since.

Why did they have to ruin Janet's costume?

It's Nadia fag

>Janet

That's not Janet. She's the new Wasp.

Batman is great.

ewww

How does it feel being a delusional writerfag?

How does it feel being a shitposter?

oh shit is that DOOM?

Is Tony going to die?

You missed that Riri is new Iron Man?

Mother of christ, those are some nice repeating numbers

Same as you my man.

No. He's retiring. Victor is replacing him as Iron Man.

There is two Iron Man, her and Dr. Doom

Even still, it's not like the 60s members are the only ones that matter, and as you say, there are still two of those there with three others being legacies to them.

Riri isn't going to be going by Iron Man. They just haven't revealed what her name is going to be because her deciding what her name should be is going to be part of her character arc. The solicits for the first issue even say as much.

Doom is the new Iron Man.

>implying Herc and Black Knight aren't classic Avengers
Read Stern's run sometime kiddo.

Yeah, but he fears they take plots from Gaunt's Ghosts. Although Traitor General with Carol in the role of Sturm sounds fun.

Current prediction of the most obvious conclusion to CWII is "Tony realises how shitty he's been over MUH RHODEY, and steps down as Iron Man, inviting anyone who thinks they can do better to do so."
Cue Doom. Bendis-Doom

No.
Not for a Herc comic at least.
Yeah yeah, I'm a not muh fag. I know.

FAT PIECE OF FURNITURE when?

I'm probably the most obnoxious DC fag on the board, but even I'm hyped about this. Waid has been a cuck for a while, but this is the turnaround for him. I just know it. I believe. Will buy and support the first issue as long as Marvel don't charge like £4.99 like they usually do.

It was literally the worst Hercules ongoing there has ever been, and yes I'm including that title during Spider Island.

Yup. Plus they were Avengers even before Stern.

ironically I'm the most obnoxious Marvelfag on the board and I hate this. It looks like a complete trainwreck that is Avengers In Name Only. You might as well round up the Outsiders and call them The Justice League.

>more Kang
is it just me or has Waid completely run out of original ideas?

About ten to fifteen years ago, yeah.

Herc was pretty bad.

>KANG WAR ONE

Loving Waid's Avengers

I think you can see exactly how last bits of his creativity he didn't know he had yet to kill were dying in volume 4 of Daredevil.

Didn't that run have a God of Social Media and a God of Plastic Surgery?

Herc was one of the first post-Kooky Quartet members iirc

>Female Thor
Hasn't cancer killed this bitch yet. Ffs

They pay them twice as much as they pay writers.

I have no idea, but my main issue with the most recent Herc ongoing is the "new gods vs old gods" is a pretty straight rip from American Gods.

I'm not at all bothered by a God of Social Media or Plastic Surgery. Sure, it doesn't quite fit the idea of a traditional god, but that's kind of the point.

Interesting that Nadia is staying with the adult team

You recall perfectly, senpai. Kooky Quarter, Swordsman then Herc.

Why do you say that? I'm always open to be swayed.

i knew my pointless avengers knowledge would be handy!

also Herc didn't have a beard then which is infinitely worse than what this thread is complaining about.

He's not, just like Herc. He's not a character people associated with the Avengers before the movies.

Your classic Avengers lineup will look something like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye, and Hank Pym in any of his identities. Now you can take a couple of people out of there every so often, Vision/Hawkeye/Pym mainly, and add some C-listers like Jack of Hearts or Monica Rambeau or long time Avengers characters like Wonder Man or Quicksilver and it still works.

But you can't have your main Avengers team be characters who aren't really considered Avengers. That was the problem with the early '90s team. When you're reading the Avengers you expect certain characters and instead it was Captain America and the Literally Whos. I mean I like a lot of those characters but the likes of Quasar, Rage and Crystal shouldn't be anchoring the Avengers.

It was the same problem the Justice League had at the same time after JLI when it was full of characters like Nuklon, Obsidian and Tasmanian Devil. Or Robinson's JLA.

The 60s Avengers with their Brotherhood of Evil Mutants rejects and Iron Man foes? That's pure garbage
Accept no substitute, nostalgic user, the true Avengers are Hank Pym, Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Janet Van Dyne and Steve Rogers (not a founder, but he's Captain America)

in Michelinie he was in text only put on the team for a minority token and he hated it.

I see Cap, Thor, Vision, Wasp, Herc, and Spidey. What universe is that not an Avengers team. I think they have an Iron Man too