What's so special about this movie?

What's so special about this movie?

Best movie ending ever

normies like Morgan Freeman for some reason.

Nothing. This is probably the most overrated movie of all time

It's just something about it that makes you always watch it whenever it's on tv. I think it's just every single scene is good. It's probably just that simple and it's not boring.

>comfy as fuck
>protagonist is autistic
>the faggot gets his ass whooped
>the fat fuck gets beaten to death
>the nigger skips town (proving all niggers are niggers)
>the bible loving christian kills himself
>white trash represented well with "Alexander Dum-ass"

Barring the gay ending it was pretty kino to me OP.

(u)

also, bitches and whores

That would be no country for old men

actual prison kino coming through

It's an implausible feel-good movie set in the ideal span of years to make people nostalgic for old-timey but still modern America.

Good build-up and satisfying conclusion.

They wish to prove to everyone that they're not racist. So they keep mentioning the one or two good black actors.

but im racist and think hes a good actor

That's not "Let's go to Prison".

im racist and I think he's a shit actor, I think blacks arent capable of acting.

this

no, that's the last samurai.

>My man

the fist commercially successful male-on-male interracial love story

It's just a really likeable movie

Never seen the film, but I read Different Seasons. I remember smiling like crazy when Andy got away, smiled again when Red found the money and invitation. It's just a damn good story about redemption.

Its just really entertaining and satisfying to watch

when the guys had beers on the roof

It's perfect.

No. NCFOM deserves its praise

Hahahaha.

>Not Citizen Kane
>Not Casablanca
>Not The Godfather
>Not 2001
>Not any other boring old crap that gets labeled "best movie ever" all the time

remember when Sam L. Jackson went mad because the reporter had mistaken him with Lawrence Fishbiurne?

Faggot SL Jackson plays the nigg in 95% of the movies, yet he complains when people think 'every black looks the same'.

Everybody likes a movie where the main character gets into a situation not of his own making and gets vindicated at the end. Why do you think A Clockwork Orange is so popular?

>prison
>comfy as fuck

you are black, right?

both are shit

When the fuck has Casablanca ever been hailed as "best movie ever"?

Its the easiest possible film concept to understand. Also why isnt "In the Name of the Father" more popular?

T H I S
H
I
S

For the longest time I thought Samuel Jackson was Morpheus.

You've underestimated the power of a story well told

>Not remembering funny fish name the second it shows in the credits

>What is real? You think that's a nigga you're seeing?

They like the main character: a convicted murderer that's somehow the nicest guy in the world

A novel concept

Probably because of its focus on Irish politics. The typical American knowledge of Ireland is "they like to drink and so do we!" If I asked my friends about the war between Ireland and England, they would go "wait where's Ireland in relation to England?"

What? I thought for sure you yanks would be spamming the whole "whites blow people up too".

>Its other peoples fault that I'm face blind

how do you allegedly have watching films as a hobby but never develop the ability to discern people

>Americans
>Knowing anything that doesn't happen in America
>Knowing half the fucking things that do happen in America for that matter

"no"

Clancy Brown threatening to throw Tim Robbins off of a roof.

After a certain age you keep your mind on your own work and tune out the rest of the world unless you actively peruse world news and events. Which most working young people don't do, at least not in my circle of acquaintances and friends. Which is understandable, to be fair. The world and all the shit that goes on can be overwhelming. That's why superhero films are as big as they are now. A nice escape into simplicity. Shit I didn't mean to ramble.

The sequel is better even though some people claim that the science fiction elements that take place on the moon aren't in keeping with the spirit of the original.

He wasn't actually guilty though.

plebs who think they're patrician hate it. I've talked to some fuckin idiot who defended Forrest Gump over Shawshank Redemption.

it has a fairly interesting story with likeable characters and it's fairly harmless and detached from reality enough to be comforting. it's essential normie core and very similar to the the green mile which was originally a king story as well

It's a balancing act

>Consume enough information to remain relatively informed on things that could actually affect you
>But you have to manage to not jump down a rabbit hole and turn into a paranoid schizophrenic

Somehow it now seems like a spectacularly short jump from "I want to talk about politics" to "All niggers are actively trying to kill me"

Uhm.. do you even remember the movie sweetie?

>thinks they are patrician
>likes Forrest Gump

Are you having a laff mate

Does shawshank redemption have a napalm scene?

that's why they think they're patrician, not actually patrician. get some reading comprehension, maybe?

Both directed by Frank Darabont too which adds to the familiar feel

The internet's a blessing and a curse for sure. If you live in a city, when it comes time for local, or even state level election if you don't live in the city, the internet allows you to look up the entire history and stances of whoever the fuck's on the ballot so you can make a completely informed vote.

Those are legitimately some of the best movies ever though. Sorry your attention span is that of an ADD riddled teenager.

Not black. Just not a autistic pussy who's scared of prisons.

2001 was the most boring movie I've ever seen.

>comfy as fuck time period
>Tim Robbins likeable as fuck
>Morgan Freeman likeable as fuck
>great acting performances across the board
>interesting setting with great set design
>story has enough small twists and turns to keep you invested
>fantastic redemption sequence at the end
>good guys win
>bad guys lose
How can you not like it?

no, you are a boring person

Then you haven't seen Solaris.

Projecting

>What's so special about this movie?

Super happy ending with justice. That's why everyone loves it.

>this pleb didnt inject 200mls of pepsi into his retenas before watching 2001

>Morgan Freeman
Nigga thats all he does, he's a one trick pony with a smooth voice.

Nobody said they were scared, but only niggers and faggots thinks that prison is 'comfy.'

da ebul prison guards are BAD!
I worked in a prison and they are the nicest people. Fucking niggers and spic criminals in prison don't deserve to be fed. They should all be killed.

My nigga, me mums a correction officer. She's in max, she hasnt been raped yet.

Probably because she's fat and ugly.

>they are the nicest people
wrong. jobs that offer power over other people corrupt, and attract sadistic people in the first place.

Nearly all the women at my prison were lesbians. It's a hard fucking job. She's more likely to catch a disease like hep B than actually be raped. Max is different than Medium which is what I did. In max you don't really have to communicate with the prisoners like they're people, you just have to let them out to shower, but they are more likely to slip out of their cuffs and stab you. They really are mentally ill.
Being in corrections gives you shit for power. If you even touch a prisoner you will be sued. I was basically a baby sitter. The inmates will fight back if you are abusive in any way. It ain't like the movies

>Shawshank Redemption
>the main character doesn't even need to redeem himself because he did nothing wrong
>the corrupt director of the prison kills himself so he never gets a chance to redeem himself either
>we never see the warden redeem himself
2/10 movie

Brooks was the best character in the movie. Fuck all the Hollywood bullshit where everything works out in the end. The Brooks story about being cooped up for so long that he couldn't function IRL was the thing that stuck with me.

That's because she is fucking them willingly.

Or this. So many women, even workers, will bring in drugs through their vaginas and fuck prisoners. I don't really think women belong in corrections but there are a lot of them.