Join voicechat by myself in some discord server

>join voicechat by myself in some discord server
>10 minutes later an american joins
>we chat nonstop about games and weather for 30 minutes or so
why are americans so nice? i didnt know you could start conversations with strangers so easily! i love how easy to speak with americans are...

Americans are pretty chill.
Just depends on how they grew up

turns out most of them arent autistic spergs like the guys in Sup Forums, theres so many nice americans that you can easily speak with :3
i wish i was born in america

Why don't you visit? Do a cross country road trip for a couple of weeks and see the different monuments, cities, and destinations

Were are 95% of the time nice to foreigners, user. If you were another burger we would treat you like any other asshole born here.

desu the easiest people to talk to I've met were latinos. doesn't mean those conversations meant much or were particularly enjoyable, but they're surprisingly open and assburgers-free compared to euros or even north americans

>Were are

my grammar is shit, *We are*

Nah you're just surprisingly open to conversations with absolute strangers from a euro's point of view, and you really love making bullshit small talk. it's like that even when you're among other burgers, seen it myself

you forgot to mention that the conversation was lead in castellan

my bro visited Los Angeles with a friend last year and i was SUPER jealous
I cant really afford a trip like that, ill have to wait a few years ;w;
latinos have a hard time getting along with each other online but they are generally nice to other groups

Badly meme'd, legit latinos usually automatically dislike Spaniards and second gen ones in the US usually don't speak enough Spanish for a 30 minute conversation (especially not with someone from Spain, the accent and the differences from his parents' dialect in grammar and vocabulary would probably stump him so much he'd propose to switch to English pretty quickly)

I meant IRL to be honest. but yeah you're kinda right, plus I just realized that as a slav who speaks spanish I probably get special treatment from them a lot

i have a friend living in latino-majority area in the usa and believe me, they do speak spanish

you don't have friends

i mean the main thing to take away here that surprised me is how talkative and gregarious americans are compared to most europeans that might find "wierd" that a stranger tries to speaks with him or might think too highly of themselves to interact with someone from outside their circlejerk
it was a new yorker and we spoke in english the whole time.

again, depends if it's first gen ones or second gen. among beaner americans (second gen onwards) it's often unironically prestigious NOT to speak spanish, so even if they speak it a little they pretend they don't a lot of the time

Euros are incredibly autistic relative to New Worlders. Thought this was common knowledge?

>english
>prestigious
I'm learning Spanish to move to Argentina and escape this european shithole.

>from bulgaria to the greece of south america

just take a drive over the greek border m8, no need to travel that far

If you don't talk to strangers, then how do you make new friends?

You get introduced to them by ones you already have or you meet them in a setting where talking to strangers isn't frowned upon (e.g. getting a new job and meeting your coworkers).

That's funny because all the friends I made were complete strangers who had no previous relation with me. I hardly make friends with coworkers or students in the same classes

lol

I know what you mean in a way, but it probably wasn't because you asked "so how about that weather huh" either

You kind of have to force yourself to speak to people, no matter how uncomfortable it is. It's like that especially as a child. If you're afraid of strangers, you might have a hard time making friends. And if you don't make friends as a kid, you'll become a target of bullying. It's all a matter of social survival

True, regards someone who used to be autistic as heck but got cured. I got reminded of the importance of that skill when I was at a club where I knew absolutely nobody a few months back, lel. I don't usually go to clubs much, and if I do it's with friends, so I didn't realize how much harder it was to chat up random people at a disco than at a bar. Overcame the assburgers in the end though, and thank fuck I did too

I don't hate Spaniards, and we generally only "hate" each other online but get along relatively well IRL.

From what I've seen it's less like you hate them and more like you treat them basically the way Europeans often treat Americans, I guess

We like spen

Nuke Spain.

>We

Ask anyone on the street what they think about Spain and they'll either not really care or say they like it (or stab you and take your wallet)

Not everyone is an autistic sperg, Pepe.

and then have an actual spaniard talk to them and they'll immediately start giving him the cold shoulder, then probably laugh at his accent with their m8s ("tío" ayyy :DD "zaragoza" jajajajaja :DDD "joder tío qué haceish" ejejeje :DDDD)

Most people are at least nice enough to laugh about it after the Spaniard is gone

Yeah I meant after he leaves. Still, my point is you may think you like them but in my experience you really don't

fuck you

One thing to keep in mind though is that a lot of our getting along consists of banter in Latin America (even if the Spanish don't really do the same)

I know but it's different with them.

Also it's not really banter the way Euros understand it with you lot, it's way too snakey and is basically a thinly veiled power struggle. I absolutely hate all that fucking whispering to each other you do in groups, the "eyyyy we're just foolin around man!" shit if someone has enough while it clearly isn't just that, how it basically makes it a necessity to always be on your guard and be ready to respond to that shit during every fucking conversation, etc. Banter is supposed to be friendly and absolutely not serious, not this shit where the objective is to improve your social standing at the expense of someone else.

That's what everyone does in every culture, unless you are with alone with your friends, faggot.

Grow up.

It works both ways. We cant just NOT find funny how they talk.
But we mean no harm in it, the amount of accents in Spain and latin america is so huge we all talk different. We laugh with them not at them and i bet they do the same. Its just banter most of the time.
The online fights are just troll banter or just basement pseudo Sup Forumsfags that need to belittle someone to feel less miserable.
I met many latin americans from many different places and they are all pretty chill

That's the thing, arrowthrowers do it even with close friends. And no, it's not like that in other cultures, hostile and non-hostile bantz are clearly distinguishable and the former is more or less optional (there's usually a way to opt out of it where no one loses face, or at least too much face). Their bantz always happen under a pretense of "eyy it's just friendly banter man!", and if someone gets fed up and goes "you got something you want to say?" or drops obviously hostile counterbantz or something, he's a faggot who can't take a joke. It's just fucking ratty, eavesdrop on a random group of latinos for a while next time you're out and you'll see what I mean.

They're probably different in Spain, it's not their turf after all (plus they'll have actually talked to enough Spaniards to cure that shit). I've seen them talk to each other on neutral territory or online etc and it was pretty obvious. Also remember that you're Spanish, you can't know if they treat you differently when you're not a galle by definition.

A spaniard that is an asshole in spain would be polite and friendly in latin america. All humans change their behaviour when not at home

>the Ukranian that knows more about Latin America than Latin Americans is back
They already told you we like Spain. And no, making fun of Spain's accents isn't something we would usually do irl, not even to gringos that are learning Spanish.

see and , and I already said that I meant making fun of them behind their back, not in their faces. you absolutely do that shit, I've seen it a fuckload of times myself.

also,
>we like spen
>president delivers a speech about those damn gachupines every cinco de mayo for centuries now

:thinking:

>I meant making fun of them behind their back
Why the hell would we do that?
See >president delivers a speech about those damn gachupines every cinco de mayo for centuries now
What? We don't even celebrate that. And 5 de Mayo has nothing to do with Spain but France.

> Novorusskaya education
Cinco de Mayo represents a Mexican victory against France. Mexico was bullied by UK, Spain and France because of denbts, we and bongs left after some diplomacy but France was autistic enough to go full Napoleon on them. And they lost.

>The goverment thinks the same as their people

fug, hollywood'd :DD yeah, I fucked that up, I meant independence day

>Why the hell would we do that?

you tell me. I still saw what I saw though, don't try to tell me you don't do it (maybe not you personally I guess, but trust me when I say a whole lot of your countrymen do). also, it's true the other way around too, spaniards love to take the piss out of panchito accents

>arrowthrowers
?
>with close friends
I don't do it, nor my peruvian friends over here. Maybe it's the spanish blood from mexicans or your mutt brethen.

>?
"tiraflechas"
>I don't do it, nor my peruvian friends over here.
what do you want, a medal?

The only accent we make fun of is Yucatan's.
And unless it's to a person you hate, I don't see why would someone do that. Unironically Spain's and Argentina's are seen as something attractive and sexy here.
Our independence isn't exactly about celebrating that Spaniards got killed or something like that but about praising the "heroes" that fought to liberate our country. People don't even go to celebrate our independence with our governors and president anymore though, they have to pay poor people to come to capitals so the place isn't empty and to counter the voices of people protesting against the current gov.