What's the big deal?

What's the big deal?

nerds love finding a way to somehow be racist. i don't get it

nice thread faggot

I don't mind.

Im fine with it.
The WHITE TEARS reaction piss me off considering how mad they get with whitewashing. Hypocrites.

Is that a transvestite?

What's the deal with what, Seinfeld?

This

Is being white even a major thing about MJ's character? Like I understand when race us important like for BP and Kamala(?????? )

My understanding of her was she's just that one redhead chick Pete's had a crush on

Face it nigga. You just hit the jackpot.

Are you guys trying to tell me the person in the OP isn't white?

According to Sup Forums, she's black.

If you dont know who MJ is your part of the problem

She's A halfie

>All I know about Spider-Man is Sam Raimi's shitty movies but I'm going to talk shit anyway

>What's the deal with what, Seinfeld?

Large amounts of people are convinced that mulatto chick in the OP image is playing Mary Jane Watson in the new Spidey movie in spite of there being no evidence what so ever to even suggest it.

Dyed red hair is disgusting and doesnt look the same whatsoever.

At what point did I say I didn't know who she was? I asked was her being white ever important to her character

Oh, so she is dyeing it. Carry on then.

I don't care about her race I just don't think she fits the role from shit that she's in. But hey i'm probably wrong.

Sup Forums is nothing but pedophiles, don't listen to them.

I had personally pegged that as Iranian from that pic alone.
Oh well.

So this is a selfie of a halfie with an innie?

>I asked was her being white ever important to her character

Which is confirmation that you don't know who she is.

She's half black.

Only thing most people know about her is she's hot and a redhead so casting someone who's ethnicity makes it impossible to have natural red hair is kind of a problem.

But then they've cast a tiny Indian as a jock so it's already clear what's up.

>My understanding of her was she's just that one redhead chick Pete's had a crush on

>listening to Sup Forums ever

More of a growing deal, but it'll go down in a few minutes.

>so casting someone who's ethnicity makes it impossible to have natural red hair is kind of a problem.
This is always weird to me because I'm mostly black and sunlight turns my hair red every summer

>Is being white even a major thing about MJ's character?

Yes. You can't natural redhead without being white, typically. That, and being a 10/10 is pretty much her defining features. This Zendaya girl has none of that.

Eh, past the latte equator for me.
Trim that nose and you could sell her as whatever.

>tiny Indian
>not being able to tell the difference between an Indian and a Guatemalan

ok.jpg

Which is also weird, because every summer the sunlight also turns my skin brown.

Only problem is that she'll tower over Holland, which will be weird.

How? Is it black and then turns red? Or what?

>Not white enough not to trigger "not muh" reflex
>Not black enough to appease my jungle fever
What's even the point?

>literally cast a model for MJ
>people get mad

hilariously transparent

This. Anyone that doesn't realise how crucial MJ's whiteness is to her character and importance in the Spider-man mythos really needs to go back to tumblr.

Needs more meat.

I honestly don't care son.

That's the first good picture of her I've seen all day

He'll just stand on boxes a lot.

Works for RDJ and Gwyneth Paltrow.

You cared enough to bitch about it.

>b-but I'm not mad! I d-don't care user! For serial, guise!

He'll just keep getting emasculated by her like Gwen does to Peter in the Spidey on-going. :^)

New MJ? Meh. I'm more pissed of at the fact that Flash is DESIGNATED now.

Please. If they cast a white chick who wasnt a ginger and also couldn't have naturally red hair, you would've also bitched. Naturally red haired hotties like MJ who aren't frizzy haired, freckled gingers are really rare. not to say hot gingers don't exist, mind you

Peter being a little shorter than MJ kinda works
There are camera tricks to make people look taller/shorter. Sup Forums jokes about RDJ all the time

>My understanding of her was she's just that one redhead chick Pete's had a crush on
You know nothing about MJ.

Oops meant to say you guys wouldn't have bitched

>wouldn't have
As if.

That's because MJ is white, you dumb nigger. You can change an actor's hair or eye colour. You can't change their race.

My "not muh" instincts say no, but muh dick says yes.

No one who has ever complained about whitewashing has any business praising this casting.

My point is, red heads like MJ pretty much always have dyed hair. Given her comic appearance, her hair might as well be blue

Who is this bitch?

Would you fuck her?

A few years ago I would have been "huh thats weird but okay" and moved on, but because of SJW and Tumblr i cant help but think of this as pandering

It's naturally black but due to sunlight or whatever in the summer it starts getting bleached red, especially in my beard.

I have an uncle that got nicknamed Rusty for similar reasons.

>natural redhead
>10/10 super model
>a whore

These are all her characteristics. She has to be a white woman to meet all three.

I don't care about his nationality dipshit. It bothers me the casting had more to do with casting someone with brown skin than casting someone who had even a passing resemblance to the character in the comics.

It's the continuing issue with rebooting Spider-Man multiple times. They want to do things differently just for the sake of trying to make it different. It's why Ben's death in ASM involved him acting like Charlie Bronson and bringing it on himself and why you've got a milf as aunt may.

Given I can catch her alone and unarmed.

>Would you fuck her?

Yes.

I'm the closest thing to a red head that isn't a ginger and my hair is pretty much a solid brown but mildly redish in sunlight

I also agree that irl MJs without dyed hair are unicorns

There is actually no such thing as "black" hair desu.

Even the darkest hair colors are just dark browns and reds.

My only gripe is that she was on the Disney Channel.

Where talent goes to die.

>but muh source material

The MCU is not an adaptation of any 1 specific comic or comic universe. It is it's own universe. This is like complaining that they made Nick Fury black in the ultimate universe. Saying that they don't care about source material would mean you'd have to be just as autistic about everything else in the MCU that diverges from the 616 lore and mythos.

I guess you can care about source material, but it seems weird to be selectively rustled every time someone's race got changed and not for every other change the MCU has

I want muh hot redhead.

Fuck off.

>It bothers me the casting had more to do with casting someone with brown skin than casting someone who had even a passing resemblance to the character in the comics.

This is assuming a lot. You don't know what the casting calls were like, nor do you know for sure if it was made purely for "muh diversity" reasons.

I don't care about whitewashing and I don't care about blackwashing.

As long as the race is not integral to the character (blackwashing Batman would be retarded since he's old money), I don't give a shit. The movies are different universes either way, they can do whatever the fuck they want with the characters. Nobody gives a fuck when an alternate universe character is different in the comics (like say, the Ultimate universe).

Making Nick Fury black didn't matter.

Having Nick Fury not need an eyepatch would.

Its Marvel of course part of it was for diversity reasons

I know that it was made purelyt for muh diversity reasons.

>entire supporting cast is POC
>"y-y-you don't know they're doing it just for forced diversity!!!"

Sure bud.

I don't have the energy to give a shit about everything they change in the MCU

Peter didn't meet MJ until college.

She hasn't been confirmed to be MJ.

so where's the source? You're about as credible as the rumor that Zendaya is even playing the role of MJ

those lips seriously look like they could suck a golf ball through a garden hose

MJ DSL

I hope she actually dyes it for the movie but they are probably too lazy to bother

Selena Gomez and Ciley Myrus are doing fine.

>forced diversity
>representative of the setting of the movie
>ignoring the rest of the white cast.

Also characters can look wildly different from artist to artist.
They likely had like one natural redhead in the casting, which was an ugly orange tone.
At which point you can't avoid the not muh anyway.
Then they just went for the most talent, or hottest performance, or longest legs... I doubt she had the darkest skin. Seriously, I feel like dunking a croissant into a big bowl of her...
I need to eat.

She looks more like MJ than Dunst and Woodley, both who had to dye their hair too.

I'm more disappointed they're trying to make a plot twist out of it.

It didn't work with Talia, it didn't work with Khan, it didn't work with Blofeld, it won't work here.

>representative of the setting of the movie
There are more racial people in this movie than I've seen the entire month in Forest Hill.

Who's this guy?

Bailey Jay.

>ignoring the showboating they've been doing with Peter surrounded with the multicultural cast

>"b-b-but there's whites in it too!"

It isn't black panther spaz. They've gotta have SOME white people in it

Why is she orange?

>there are 8 year-olds who have grown up in a world where MJ isn't married to Pete
That's kinda depressing, considering how long they were together.

Woodley wasn't MJ, I think you're thinking of that one bitch with the bigass eyes from Birdman

maybe get out more?

Is comic book MJ covered in freckles?

Yeah, AFTER leaving and pretending they were never there.

Meanwhile, is cast a mixed race actress as a white character racist as you are casting based on her white side and ignoring her black heritage?

To me there should be more mixed race characters instead of shoehorning mixed actors into black or white roles. Hell, a mixed race character like Miles Morales keeps getting fan cast with black actors. That is wrong to deny half his ethnicity.

Woodly filmed as MJ in ASM2 and was cut out

Maybe stop assuming every inch of NYC is covered in minorities.

She looks better than every other MJ in every other Spidey movie so -shrug-

It's not even a white guy that is being replaced either, it's a white woman. Why is Sup Forums and Sup Forums so mad?

But there are white people in it. In fact, the majority of the actors in the movie will probably still be white. You have like 4-5 named characters that aren't white out of how many?

>this is a 10/10 in white land

Has she even been confirmed as MJ or is just some news making stuff up?

My man. Do it like this

For you.