youtube.com/watch?v=QsowHW0t7CA
letterboxd.com/tyro/list/new-viewings-ranked/
letterboxd.com/tyro/
youtube.com/watch?v=Io3uS4uA0wI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hayao Miyazaki
Satoshi Kon
Masaaki Yuasa

These are the names you need ot know to appreciate true anime kino.

feel bait

movie is shit

try boku no pico.

Nausica

Whisper of the Heart aka Ghibli's masterpiece.

It's all downhill from here.

Me in the back

Try Redline.

Next one.

Try pic related

I'm not big on anime but I generally enjoy the acclaimed movies more than the acclaimed series. Most Ghibli is great along with things like Paprika, Perfect Blue, Akira, and some Shinkai movies. FLCL, Death Note, and Bebop are the only anime series I've ever really enjoyed so I'm probably considered an anime pleb but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. You'll love it op

Watch some true anime kino like Angel's Egg

Watch all the other Miyasaki movies, they're all good more or less.

Try whisper of the heart

porco rosso is the comfiest movie ever made

youtube.com/watch?v=QsowHW0t7CA

this, sadly

>implying this wasn't Ghibli's best

Umaru

Good OP, now you should dig into some of Miyazaki's other work; Nausica, The Wind Rises, Princess Mononoke (personal fav), Kiki's Delivery Service (another personal fav but it's not epic or anything), and Howl's Moving Castle. There's others but I consider these to be essential.

Also:
>Akira
>Grave of the Fireflies (just including it because it's a good story but personally I wasn't a fan)
>Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
>Redline
>Perfect Blue (much more adult that rest of these)

watch this and paprika, pure chinese cartoon kino

Monster

Is this as shitty as 'only 4 centimeters' or whatever it's called?

porco rosso is pure kino
mononoke close second

Porco Rosso is patrician Ghibli taste.

Also pic related Jin Roh is phenomenal.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't.

Calm down virgin, the adults are having a civil discussion.

>literally just a big chart of good shows
I will never understand what this is trying to say. "Fuck you for having good taste"?

Evangelion.
It's unironically my favorite work of fiction

it's very good

Robot Carnival. Download and watch. Do it.

this

As someone who absolutely hated the fuck out of 4 Centimeters per second, Your Name is fucking fantastic

Be careful though. Movie made me want to kill myself after seeing it

This and Wolf Children. Anything by Mamoru Hosoda

What's the one in the bottom right corner there?

My Neighbor Totoro > Kiki's Delivery Service > Whisper of the Heart > Ponyo > Princess Mononoke > The Tale of Princess Kaguya > Spirited Away > The Wind Rises > Porco Rosso > The Castle of Cagliostro > Nausicaa > The Cat Returns > When Marnie Was There > Castle in the Sky > Grave of the Fireflies > Pom Poko > From Up on Poppy Hill > Howl's Moving Castle > Arrietty > Tales from Earthsea > Only Yesterday > My Neighbors the Yamadas

Tatami Galaxy.

meme

>FLCL, Death Note, and Bebop
Those are genuinely 3 of the best. I'd recommend Steins;Gate and TTGL if you haven't seen them yet.

>Pom poko>Howls Moving Castle

Fuck off

lol fuckin noob

>Akira
>Ghost in the Shell
>Castle of Cagliostro
>Paprika
>Ninja Scroll
>Porco Rosso

Just as a start.

Check out my list (currently editing), there are some good ones on there:
letterboxd.com/tyro/list/new-viewings-ranked/

I hate this. Extremely overrated.

Howl's Moving Castle is almost as overrated as Spirited Away.

>letterboxd.com/tyro/
Jesus fucking christ
When will we get a /film/ board away drop tasteless fucking plebs like this

Nausicaa is pretty spectacular. Reminds me I need to rewatch it, it has been years since I last saw it.

Thanks mate

enlighten me about non entry tier good anime then

Suck my balls lol.

The people that spread charts like this don't actually watch anime.

Jesus, this post just screams projection.

But Sup Forums is the most autistic board and I hate its users.

Watch Planetes. It's genuine hard sci-fi. They even got the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency to check it for scientific accuracy. It proves you don't need Star Trek technobabble or FTL travel for an entertaining story. If you like Kerbal Space Program you'll definitely like it.

I know what you mean, why cant I let go of the fear

Mixed feels. The hard scifi is great (and not something you see a lot in TV or even movies), but the drama and story often fall short.

youtube.com/watch?v=Io3uS4uA0wI

thanks, lads

Am I autistic for not really crying during this

Can't go wrong with Miyazaki, the guy has never made a dud.
plenty of good anime around if you've got an open mind

No. They spoil the ending at the start, so you never get attached to the characters, and their death is partly their own fault. It's an overrated movie.

Yes, this was my first as well

Try porko rosso, try the hollowing castle etc.. there's a ton of good animes that talk about society, I prefer that type of anime rather than some gay furry shit...

Knows what he's talking about....

I didn't find it that sad.

Air, Kanon and Clannad (Afterstory) are the only anime that would make me cry if I wasn't so manly.

Urusei Yatsura movie 2. Dreamkino

Clannad has the Grave of the Fireflies problem of characters being too stupid to live. Kanon (2006) is much better. I can barely remember anything about Air.

What a fucking douche.

>I just watched my first anime

Get out

>only yesterday second to last
the ending alone puts it in the top 3 you pleb

the three Patlabor movies, especially the second one
Jin-Roh
Spriggan
Boogiepop Phantom

The family stories are what make Clannad AS and Air so moving, even if the stories overall have problems. Kanon has the best story from start to finish.

Bullshit. This is not even close to touching half the anime I've seen.

Is it possible to watch Patlabor 2 on its own?

Also, this

Sup Forums janny, Sup Forums janny, Sup Forums janny
everything you protect shows us your true nature

so what animes have you seen that are superior than spirited away?

It's my favorite anime movie along with Spirited Away.

>Akira
>Ghost in the Shell
>Perfect Blue (I can accept that this is a less than popular opinion)
>Castle of Cagliostro
>Paprika
>Ninja Scroll
>Porco Rosso

The first two I feel are objectively better.

I'd watch at the very least the first one to get a grasp of the setting and the characters

>>Ghost in the Shell
>>Paprika
>>Porco Rosso
only good one there is akira, the rest i havent seen but I bet they suck shit like your mouth does LMAO.

>he doesn't like Ghost in the Shell

You can fuck off now, frogposter.

What is FLCL?

>ghost in the shell is good
even in the future you would still be a virgin you faggot

Keep projecting.

I also saw this movie for the first time recently
It was shockingly shit

I read that Miyazaki literally made this film to showcase girrrl powa. Although, the girl never does anything besides live among people who do everything. The animation sucks, backgrounds are often flat, and the characters are expressionless. Regarding its story, I read dozens of better fairytales when I was a kid. And Japan has a shit tonne of movies about girls sold into prostitution who struggle to become free. Watch Lullaby of the Earth. It fucking shits all over this.

>I read that Miyazaki literally made this film to showcase girrrl powa.
This is a mischaracterization of what he said. He's not some American feminist.

>Although, the girl never does anything besides live among people who do everything.
This is objectively very wrong.

>The animation sucks, backgrounds are often flat, and the characters are expressionless.
Also wrong.

>And Japan has a shit tonne of movies about girls sold into prostitution who struggle to become free.
This is a meme. Spirited Away has nothing to do with prostitution.

fooly cooly

Garbage

>Keep projecting.
said the retard that thinks ghost in the shell is good in the slightest.

Why didn't you like it, user?

Onepunman

It's popular, so that means it's not only bad but has no redeeming qualities.

I didn't understand the plot.

besides the whole prostitution metaphor there's a lot of symbolism for japanese society and the economic crash of 1991 and also a strong anti industrial message that he usually puts in

Haha

>besides the whole prostitution metaphor
It's not there. It's a meme.

Recently watched Ergo Proxy on a suggestion from here and it was pretty decent. Pino a cute.

>all this entry level dogshit
>garbage off topic thread is still up too
Why make rules of you're only going to enforce for things you don't like?

This

What rule prohibits talking about anime on Sup Forums?

>Spirited Away is about prostitution
you find out new things every day on Sup Forums

I never said he was a feminist, retard. It's a girrrl powa movie, he wanted to empower 10 year olds. I've read the quote, I understand what he meant.
Not wrong. She does practically nothing throughout the movie. People do things, just not the girl. She may as well have not existed.
Also not wrong, spastic.
Did I say that SA had anything to do wih prostitution, cunt? The premise, however, is similar: girl forced to work against her will, has to find a way out.

This, Perfect Blue drives you insane!