Scenes that would never happen on modern day simpsons

>scenes that would never happen on modern day simpsons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W09ghiWskUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Isn't that from season 10? That's past the point of no return.

hey a Simpsons thread
I was just watching that one episode.
What the fuck is "knifey spooney" ? is it a joke?

Funny ones.

it's a bit from Crocodile Dundee

pretty much the only things people ever quote from before then are DENTAL PLAN and I'm just your memory, I can't give you any new information

Why would that scene not happen now? Please explain this reasoning in great detail.

When has Simpsons ever done anything the least bit contentious?

>he doesn't know how to play knivey spoony

What're you, a chazzwazza?

I liked this ending a lot. Every time I watch it I expect it to end on a gag like Homer saying "She has my keys! D'oh!" and it ends on the usual Simpsons theme riff, but it doesn't. It just lets you sit on it and reflect.

>feminism.jpg

Butts aren't allowed.
It happened in a recent ep, but with the butt smudged out

Why would you censor butts?
We all have butts.

We also all have nipples but those aren't allowed, and for some reason only on half of humanity.

I don't care how many bare breasts you begin to show I'm still going to find it sexy.

you don't know that

Actually, I do.
Biology and instinct and all that.

If we covered up everything anybody ever found sexy we'd all wear blindfolds. And then it would backfire because of how many people have a blindfold fetish.

youtube.com/watch?v=W09ghiWskUk

Not really. Breast fetishism is more a cultural norm than an inherent biological trait. Anyone who insists otherwise is just a normie who's terrified to admit there could possibly be a setting where their turn on could constitute as a kink.

>dis nigga never played knifey spooney before

Holy Shit. This is terrible.

there's evidence against it. unless you are the biggest most hardcore tit lover on the planet, the novelty will wear off

>he doesn't know how to play knifey spoony

Get a load of this didgeridoofus.

Blame Janet Jackson's exposed nipple. Seriously, that's why The Simpsons no longer has bare asses.

Oh come on! That's fucking ridiculous!

Just like the entire incident.

for me the golden age of the Simpsons is season 1 through 16

There was a scene where Martin uses the word "faggot" to mean a bundle of sticks
>Individually we are breakable, but as a mighty faggot, we are invincible
Or something like that
Nowadays, they subtitle it with a definition of "faggot" so that it isn't offensive.

In the original airing they just let it fly.
The Simpsons has been around so long that reruns need to be edited to make them palatable for modern tastes

They wanted it to be touching
I think they actually asked FOX not to advertise what was on next when it first aired.

>16
Fuck off.
12 is the latest possible season you could include.
1-9 is the general accepted Golden Age.
10-12 is the Silver age, 13+ is the age of decay and eventual zombification.

People would save themselves being offended if they would stop taking words that are harmless and turning them into something else.

I hated the serien from the point on where Homer killed Maude, which season was that anyway? I think it was somewhat early.
I noticed the lack of quality pretty sudden as soon as Groening has gone away. I think it became way more try hard and terrible later but I barely watch it anymore. Maybe 2-3 episodes a year.

Language is a tool like any other.
The majority use it to push their agenda.

Season 11 was when Maude died.
Season 12 was riddled with terrible terrible episodes, but there were at least some good moments.
But further on, there was nothing left but a shambling corpse of a series

>Agenda
>Gay agenda
What are you getting at?..

have you ever tried, you know, watching the later seasons? They're pretty good

>I think they actually asked FOX not to advertise what was on next when it first aired.
That's really thoughtful. I wish more cartoons could do this for dramatic moments.

Though sometimes the slip ups can be hilarious like Spongebob laughing at Amon's suicide or Disney inviting kids to celebrate black history month while Kim's black friend eats fried chicken.

Honestly, I haven't watched an episode in 10 years.
Has it gotten better?
The last episode I watched was a WoW parody where Marge plays the game in order to get closer to Bart or something.
It was so terrible I couldn't watch anymore.

I have watched every single episode

It hurts so much, but I still have hope

They haven't gotten any better, EXCEPT tree house specials

>having a grammatical error in the objective

Holy Shit. You have shit taste

I tried one. They're...out somewhere, Lisa gets kind of taken in by witches. Every joke was awful, telegraphed and dead before delivery.
I don't ask for a lot. I don't need fucking story, Family Guy has awful stories too, but at least SOME of the jokes hit.

They showed Bart's dick in the movie.

11 had that behinds the laughs episode that seemed like an appropriate send off to the series before I finally stopped watching.

I swear there was an episode where Lisa says she wants to be a bomber pilot like some woman who bombed 70 mosques during the Gulf War. I watched it recently and it took me by surprise, I doubt "modern" Lisa would've been proud of that.
There are also a lot of jokes of Homer being right wing throughout earlier seasons.

>rewatch older seasons
>realise how great Sideshow Bob is as a character
I got practically none of the jokes he said when I was younger.

would they even do pic related any more in modern day simpsons. especially with a modern day leader?

no Janet jacksons nipple fucked over alot of people in the entertainment industry, Even Talk radio DJ's were being heavily censored by the FCC alot more after that pretty much started the ball rolling of the death of Talk morning radio.

is that stretched to be 16:9? or did the simpsons actually have the forethought to animate sides and they just didn't get aired?

Cropped, with shitty photoshop filter enabled.
It looks terrible to me honestly but you can't have anything in native ration anymore for some reason, even if it means butchering the original.

>Janet jacksons nipple fucked over alot of people in the entertainment industry
But it was a planned stunt?
It's not like it was a surprise.

Probably just the FCC making a powergrab in post-9/11 America

Muh family values, won't someone think of the children conservatives came out in force and as a result everything was clamped down on and through fear of record setting fines from the FCC.

My takeaway on it was it was just planned by Janet and Justin, I think that's who it was. Not by the station it was airing or by the nfl. Although who really knows, it's not like anyone would admit it.

>he thinks this isn't modern day shit

Sup Forums in general, Sup Forums especially, can't just let a joke be a joke.
If this aired in "zombie simpsons" you'd all call it gay faggot cross dressing mental illness pandering, instead of "a joke I don't like"

Movies don't get the same censorship TV does. Plus Fox could use it to generate controversy which means free advertising.

Actually that scene is from season 9. Season 9 is still p. gud in my eyes.

Worst golden(season 1-10) Simpsons episode coming through

Season 10 is pretty bad, but towards the end it got just plain terrible

Most of season 10 is pretty Neo Simpsons-ish, but there are a few episodes in the first half that I think still have the "classic sheen" and could fit into the "good" era, like Lisa Gets an A, Mayored to the Mob, I'm with cupid, Wild Barts can't be broken, and Homer to the max.

>Though sometimes the slip ups can be hilarious like Spongebob laughing at Amon's suicide or Disney inviting kids to celebrate black history month while Kim's black friend eats fried chicken.

I don't think either of these actually happened, I think they were edits.