What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(2009_animated_film)#Creations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

failed advertising

it was not very good

Just because something works as a short film doesn't mean it has enough content to fill a feature film.

>SEE ALSO
>>Mama
>>Lights Out

It looked amazing at least

not enough nine

poor balance between magic and science. Either go full sci-fi or go full fantasy, don't create a poor mix of both.

How the fuck does a soul create bio-organic rain?

>poor balance between magic and science. Either go full sci-fi or go full fantasy, don't create a poor mix of both.

Magicpunk?

literally no direction
things just happened until most of them died and then everyone was happy that they were dead.
It's a great metaphor on how being dead is better than being alive.

Something that's been bothering me about this movie.
The creator gave them parts of his soul.
Why is 7 a female, then?
and why is 3 also a female?
Is there something the scientist isn't telling?

the entire plot of the movie was solely dependent on 9's colossal fuck up.
If 9 hadn't have put the device on the markings they would not have had to worry about the machines coming after them and no-one would have died.

a soul is just the magic energy that powers a body, it's not inherently male or female. the pieces of the creators soul each had different aspects of his personality, the "female" dolls were likely the more stereotypicaly feminine aspects of his personality (caring for the weak, romanticism, etc.)

Actually #2 is said to be the creator's caring for the week and romanticism
#6 is said to be the fighter of the group.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9_(2009_animated_film)#Creations
Also, number 3 is not female.

why did the old man die if he had horcruxes?

Play FF6, 7 or 8 some time
The later ones that did the techno magic sorta thing kinda felt like they tried too hard

Unique movie ideas should probably receive more than the standard hour and a half cheap movie delivery. It takes time to properly build the world and play things out appropriately.

muh feminism.

I remember that i watched this movie at some point, but i cant think of anything worth remembering.
All i can think of is some french town that was fucked up and spider robots.

only FF I ever played was Tactics, and I'd literally wake up at 4-5am to play for an hour or two before school started and my dad would have to come out to the garage to rouse me to go eat breakfast

don't remember anything but the graphics

Could I just start with FF6?

>Magicpunk
is terrible

>Either go full sci-fi or go full fantasy, don't create a poor mix of both.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with anyone as hard as I am right now.

Yes.

>i cant think of anything worth remembering
only the goddamn scariest monster in the history of monsters

IMHO

you prefer a poor mix of both? well, I guess everyone has their opinions...

I cant remember that thing.
i still have the idea of spider robots stuck in my head somehow.

You think it's poor.

This was the only thing I could think about when I saw the Machine

It's like a Sid wetdream

It's been a while since I've seen this, but I don't remember anything that I didn't really dislike. It has excellent visuals; it's a bit spooky and fairly dark.

I'd say it's actually underrated.

You don't remember anything because nothing happens

It looks and feels cool but there's actually no plot

It would've been better as a videogame, to be honest. Basically just a really fucked up chibi robo.

Nah, I don't remember it too well because I've only seen it once and I watch tons of stuff. Just reviewing the plot in writing reminds me there's plenty of depth to it.

>It would've been better as a videogame, to be honest. Basically just a really fucked up chibi robo.
Huh. I can get behind this.

Looking at it on display like that, it becomes apparent that it is really just a heavily modified sack person like the protagonists were.

Okay, so, at the end, they have the scientist's soul-launchy thingy, which is loaded up with the souls of all their dead friends/(acquaintences). They also have the workshop where the scientist made their bodies. But instead of taking the opportunity to do something to rescue everyone else they've ever met, they decided to just give them all a nice funeral. (Which by sheer happenstance and not due to any reason they knew about ends up being the way to restore biological life, but anyway.)

This is rather like seeing a friend fall out of a ship and dropping him a lifeboat, and then when he climbs inside, shooting a burning arrow into it to give him a beautiful Viking funeral.

>It's like a Sid wetdream
Did Sid ever hot glue his creations?

Is this the one where the Russian cut of the movie was way different and almost universally agreed to be better?

>It's like a Sid wetdream
More like Sid's nightmare

Most people have both masculine and feminine sides, both in the figurative and literal sense, the latter being because neither men nor women can live without some amount of both testosterone and estrogen.

FFXIII was explicitly magicpunk too. "We have a highly technologically advanced society and the energy/control sources are giant crystals."

Men have nipples.

It was good actually