What does this picture mean? Does this mean Zack think Superman is actually the Devil? Is he mad at God...

What does this picture mean? Does this mean Zack think Superman is actually the Devil? Is he mad at God? What did he mean by this?

The devil is an alien. Darkseid.

Where does it say that in the bible, never heard of this!

The picture is a metaphor. Because you can turn it either way to show one on top or the bottom.
>much like rule69.

Are you actually this retarded, or just pretending? Lex thinks Superman is evil, not a savior. He's a demon, not an angel. Therefore, demons come from above, not below. Fucking hell.

I like MCU villain greats such as Ultron, Ronan and Loki! :^)

The picture has a bit more significance than people have realised.

Lex Luthor talks about how "Devils don't come from hell beneath us; they come from the sky". Initially this is meant to be a reference to Superman and Zod as devils coming from the sky (Superman from outer space, Zod the same).

But if you take the whole film into consideration when Lex talks to Batman at the end "They've hear us out among the stars". So it's actually never a reference of Superman/Zod being the devils from the sky, it's actually Darkseid and the New Gods.

But more importantly with the flip of the image you have angels coming from the earth. If you pay attention to the pastor's sermon at Clark's funeral he says "The earth shall give birth to her dead". Superman has died and is buried in the earth. But more than that if we look at the Justice League they're going with they're all from Planet Earth: Batman from Gotham; Barry from Central City; Arthur from Amnesty Bay; Victor from Detroit (?); Diana from Paradise Island; and Clark literally being reborn from earth.

Lex's plan and foreshadowing may be a lot deeper than people realised, and his want to kill Superman might be so Superman can become entirely a "child of the earth" as an adoption ritual so he has the strength to fight Darkseid.

This may also be why they choose to forgo Green Lantern for the first installment of the Justice League as regardless of Hal/John/Kyle being from earth; the power-rings they wield (their power) is very much unearthly.

Also, the black circle at the top of the painting is a reference to the hole in things aka Darksied.
You can only see the hole in theaters because unlike the dark knight movies, BVS blu ray doesn't have a shifting aspect ratiio for imax scenes and the top of the painting is never in frame.

What? Darkseid. Superman's most hated enemy.

kill yourself
Snyder bashers can't go five minutes without showing their subhuman IQ.

>lol jar of piss pee pee haha

More than anything, i'm baffled and disappointed that most people can't see just how good the DCEU was.
With the SS meddling and Warner going full quip for JL, we lost what was on track to be the greatest New Gods story of all time.

Fuck the (((critics))) and fuck the general public.

>defending Snyder

He put the piss in the movie not me.

Agreed familia. Though I still have hope for Justice League and Wonder Woman too.

Cry more.

Yes, but there was nothing poorly executed about it at all. You're just a child who think pee pee is funny.

The devils are Darkseid/Apokolips, angels are Superman/Justice League.

I think it's a Sup Forums troll pretending to be retarded.

I would've liked it if Lex had showed this picture and said that while he was always told it's meant to show Good vs. Evil, all he ever saw were monsters with different wings.

Was this a painting made specifically for the movie or did it exist prior?

Thank Mohamed you don't write scripts then.

I do. Every day. I weep for the death of the west.

>Does this mean Zack think Superman is actually the Devil?

That's what Luthor thinks.

Holy fuck man, are you seriously this dense.

>we lost what was on track to be the greatest New Gods story of all time.
Maybe if Zack Snyder knew how to put colors in his movie. Zack Snyder hates wackiness and the extragavant and that's what the New Gods are all about.

Well you think pee pee is high art so who's the real child here?

i like how lex seemed to never heard of paradise lost or anything

>Well you think pee pee is high art
Never came remotely close to implying that, kiddo.
Regroup and try again.

>Final Crisis wasn't like a Snyder movie visually

>Final Crisis wasn't like a Snyder movie visually
it doesn't. If Zack Snyder even read Final Crisis he'd probably think it's gay and adapt Johns's garbage cause it's easier to understand

>dey don liek muh mooby
>downfall of western civilization

The most blasted of booties?

>If Zack Snyder even read Final Crisis he'd probably think it's gay
But he read and loved Watchmen.
Even if you subscribe to the meme that he didn't "get" Watchmen, it's an indisputible fact that he literally made a movie where the first 75 minutes is mostly people talking.
Snyder is in no way ADHD or as immature or whatever as you people think.
He is willing to make something Alienating.
Plus, for anyone with a brain, FC is not that difficult.

>what is responding to a shitpost with a hyperbolic shitpost
not being able to detect sarcasm is a sign of autism
i'll give you that poe's law may have come into play though

>to the meme

The fight scenes are indisputable proof that he doesn't understand Watchmen.

If you read this
and took it seriously, I feel bad for you.

It wasn't even subtle bait.

'no'
It shows that he lets his directorial quirks bleed into the film too much.
The other 95% of the film shows that he does indeed understand it.
Look up that interview where he talks about why they ended up relegating The Black Freighter to it's own DVD.
He clearly has a respect for and knowledge of the material.

Here's a clue:

In every scene that Superman confronts Lex Luthor Superman comes from below to meet Lex atop.

Lexcorp is also the highest bulding in Metropolis.

or changing the ending to an american attack and not an alien.

>an american attack
But Manhattan was shown on television to be detached from the human condition, had left Earth, and attacked the US.

Also, Dr. Manhattan attacks Manhattan.
poetry

if i'm a soviet and an american superman attacks moscow i'm nuking america

>american superman
see

More importantly he ALSO attacked America (New York in particular) in Watchmen film.

I don't know why I'm defending Snyder's Watchmen, it pisses me off more everytime I see it. But nonetheless don't make shit up/misrepresent things.

Early in the film a "Man-bat" looking thing comes out of Martha's burial and devours Bruce,this is a personification or embodiment of everything wrong with Batman in the movie. It's his literal demons, that feeling of powerlessness that turns good men cruel. The scene right before this dream sequence is Lex explaining that devils don't come from Hell beneath us, they come from the sky. If we look at the how the painting is hung, the angels obviously represent Superman coming to earth but demons are coming from the ground and the next scene shows a demon coming from a burial and enveloping and devouring Bruce. In a way, Bruce is actually the film's antagonist up until we see what Lex is really doing. Another way to look at how Bruce is actually the demon coming out from the ground beneath us is in the dream where the bats take him into the light which is of course a beautiful lie.

Once Lex flips the painting we're given a visual allusion to what may come in Justice League. Devils now come from the sky; Darkseid will invade with his Parademons. Angels/Gods will come from beneath us; Superman will rise from the grave.

One more thing I'd like to mention about the mausoleum is the stained glass picture that shows a male figure with blue armor and a red cape with a sword against a burning cityscape. Obviously this looks a lot like Superman and a burning Metropolis which probably made it's way into Bruce's dream because he views Superman as the source for all this death and destruction. But if you really look at the figure in the glass, you'll notice it's actually St. Michael who is known for waging war against Satan and killing him. This again may allude to what's to come in Justice League with Superman hopefully being the one to give the JL the advantage and victory over Darkseid.

yeah they were lying.

and?

also he couldn't stop all the nukes from hitting america but he can destroy multiple cities?

>yeah they were lying.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Russians had the technology to detect nuclear detonations.

no, Dr Manhattan saying he was done with humanity was a lie, the Americans were just trying to lull the Russians into a false sense of security. i'm not saying that's literally what happened, it's an easy/logical jump that pulls apart the ending.

another thing the movie fucked up, the paranoia and fear of the comic totally gone.

So while we are here, what do you guys make out of the dream sequence? Are they going to take a page out of Injustice, is Supes being mind controlled by Darkseid or has he willingly sided with him?

While I disagree with you, I think it must be said that even with all the changes it's still one of the most faithful adaptations ever.

So much so that peeple have to make up things like "he only got the surface" "too stupid for the subtext"

Oh shit I just realized those were Parademons.
But why is Batman seeing the future?

> "he only got the surface"

this is completely correct though.

nope
but keep on mueme hustling

Maybe there's some Flashpoint Paradox type shit going on, like he was in the future but then he was back in the past due to Barry changing it but his memories of the future are still there lurking in the back of his mind.

Isn't that kinda what happens to Barry and Wally in Rebirth? I didn't really fully understand that though so I might be getting it wrong.

The devil looks more like Batman and the angel below more like Superman

Pee Pee IS FUNNY though

Also explains why they didn't pick MM since he's martian. Pretty amazing theme if you ask me.

If I loved MS and BvS should I go watch Suicide Squad?

>Zack Snyder hates wackiness and the extragavant
Wtf are you talking about fucking Lex was exactly like that.

There parademons
It was the only non retarded symbolism in the film.

Even as somebody who thinks synder is a hack i liked the jar of piss
Shame about the shitshow before and after.

Superman's archenemy.

Because the parademons will descend from the sky and the JL will ascend from the Earth. This is the sort of childish symbolism that makes Snyderbabies go 'so deep!' and 'best director EVAR!'

Justice league will get around 45% on RT, won't break a billion and will be a shit movie like MoS but with unfunny jokes.

Yes, it's fun.
Though apparently it's not the movie the people behind it intended, but a last minute edit to make it more like the trailers.

THIS!

People bein tasteless idiots is the reason why genuinely good entertainment is dead.

pure kino

>Zack Snyder hates wackiness and the extragavant and that's what the New Gods are all about.

What? He did Sucker Punch and loves Heavy Metal, the New Gods are literally where he can shine the most.

It's THE ip where he gets the character better than Johns (Batman too).

Snyder defenders are so deluded

Deluded about what? the other guy was talking about the bible. And that's it's retarded

>What does this picture mean?

It means that the director is trying to hard to inject some useless and unneeded symbolism into a super hero vs. super hero movie.