Costume Analysis Thread

Lets talk about what costumes work, don't work, or just need improvement. in-depth conversation encouraged, but since we are on Sup Forums and I am over a day old I am prepared for the thread to be 50%+ memes

Lets start with some Texan heroes. Texas Twister is a ranch-hand who got caught in a readioactive tornado and now controls wind

His Girflriend, Shooting Star, has revolvers filled with like, electric bolts or something. its not really explained

So what does everyone think about Batman's Rebirth costume? I really dig the yellow outline on the bat and the purple cape lining.

I like it, but nothing about it really conveys the wind powers.

any idea how to change that? maybe old-timey goggles and something halfway between a Western Bandit Bandana and and a scarf?

I like it but mid-80s grey and Blue will always be the best scheme. i say this as someone who grew up with Batman TAS

But it conveys TEXAS!
>It's a twister on his shirt
I always thought it was one of those weird Indian breast plates for some reason.
They should've really pumped up the cowgirl on this.
It couldn't have hurt.

How do these two ladies look in one anothers' costumes? do you think they work better or worse?

given her a hat and what else? any examples of what you'd change?

It's hot and all but their costumes don't really work for one another. In color or "function".
Neither's color scheme works with the others' skin.
A cape has no real place on a grounded brawler like She-Hulk.
Peeg is too normal looking to pull off a simple leotard without it being boring.
>Hat
>Either a Cowboy Bandana around the neck or possibly go full on "Man with no name" thrown back poncho
>Maybe a cowboy vest and move the star from her shirt onto the vest.
I don't know I guess I just had the idea more cowboy but didn't really have a concrete idea because those changes could make her look like shit.

does it work for him?

The design of the costume is good, but the color scheme is pretty shit. Wearing the X-Men colors make it seem like he's a close part of the team, when a major part of his character is him being a loner. The best thing they ever did for wolverine was the brown and orange costume, it made him seem separate from the X-Men and gave him a more savage look.

I feel like the red is in all the wrong places. It doesn't balance out the blue enough.

>Radioactive tornado
Man I heard Texas weather can be extreme.

>a major part of his character is him being a loner.
Hasn't really been that way for a long time desu. Even when they go for the loner thing, they do it with the intention of forcing him out of that position.

One of, if not my favorite Batman's costumes ever. I also really like his Injustice costume but the art is really inconsistent at times and it fuck it up.

it like, hit a power plant then hit his house

Odin's best costume?

>All that pointless shit
>Two eyes
The fuck?

Why does this dumbfuck with shit taste keep getting reposted?

is this better?

This is a costume analysis thread, not a beefy old men i find attractive thread.

Seriously that post is assy mcgee

What does anyone think of Black Manta's costume?

Aquaman's?

Mera's?

I love everything about it.

The logo obviously isn't on the level of the classic symbol but it's a great and unique alt. The belt is my favorite of all time and it's large and stylish enough to justify losing the underoos. Stubby ears are a personal favorite. The purple sounds like a nice tribute to the Golden Age that I would like on paper but hate in execution but it's just perfection. Purple / gray / black / yellow is beautiful and I hope it becomes the new blue / gray / yellow for Batman.

Greatest Batman design of all time second only to Aparo Outsiders Batman

I think Manta's costume is one of the best villain costumes in comics.

It has this really alien look with the head, yet the body is so thoroughly human, just the classical heroic nude. The helmet also has affectations of the OG divers' helmets.

The coloring in simple, just black and red which also looks really good when put up against the fairly colorful costume of Aquaman.

It has the right level of menace, the right level of WTF? It's sort of an uneasy costume to look at. I think Manta's costume is one of the best designed villain costumes in comics.

I'd add the caveat that it takes a careful artist to make the costume shit. It's very easy to unbalance the helmet by making it too big or making the neck too long.

Move the star up so it no longer wraps under her breasts and give her a single thick belt with cowboy belt buckle. I want to say add a cowboy hat, but you'd risk adding an imbalance to her color scheme.

Can you do the other two?