THE FLASH

What are your expectations for season 3, Sup Forums?

Hype
Disappointment
Denial

in that order

It's going to become like Arrow.

I loved season 1 and enjoyed season 2, so I expect good things.

Not to be like Arrow season 3

New characters.

JULIAN DORN (Tom Felton)

>Barry Allen's slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary at the Central City Police Department. A brilliant crime scene investigator, Dorn is as smart as he is intuitive, and as such, he doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own.

CARLA TANHAUSER (Susan Walters)

>A world-class biomedical engineer and CEO of a major research company, and the estranged mother of Caitlin Snow, who regards her mother as cold and withholding, and is deeply rattled by her return.

SAM SCUDDER / MIRROR MASTER (Grey Damon)

>A master thief with supermodel good looks and an ego the size of the Grand Canyon, Scudder is one of the most charming criminals Central City has ever met. The only thing he loves more than money is himself, and after his sudden, mysterious disappearance three years ago, Scudder has returned to Central City seeking fortune and revenge. Upon discovering he now has the power to travel through any reflective surface, he embarks on a massive crime spree to prove himself the greatest thief that Central City has ever seen.

Caitlin's mom is the beginning of the end

ROSALIND "ROSA" DILLON / THE TOP (Ashley Rickards)

>There’s crazy and then there’s crazy… and then there’s Rosa. A wild-eyed whirlwind of a woman, this vexing, unpredictable, mentally unstable criminal has a history of violence and a nasty habit of turning people’s worlds upside down. The Bonnie to Sam Scudder's Clyde, Rosa accompanies her lover on a unprecedented crime spree in Central City.

FRANCES "FRANKIE" KANE / MAGENTA (Joey King)

>Frankie is a bright and charitable young woman kicked around from foster home to foster home, and now trapped with an abusive foster father and his neglectful, submissive mother. Sick and tired of being hurt, Frankie has been having blackouts during which time she becomes her alter-ego, a meta-human with electromagnetic abilities and a desire for revenge.

Cisco's brother was alright.

>TOP
more like DROPPED

Ahh what?

Boooo.

This. And then the rest of the movie is about Batman. Also Joker makes a cameo for no reason at all.

>DCEU basher can't even read the OP he's shitposting at
apex kek

I watched season 1 in January and liked it a lot. How's season 2?

I also have Arrow season 1 and watched maybe a quarter of it at the same time, now I forget everything. Worth checking it out again?

I did the same with Gotham, I liked it but stopped for some reason. And now there's Legends of Tomorrow and fuck, a Supergirl show now?

>How's season 2?

Underwhelming multiverse dissapointment, forced crossover faggotry, Wally West cocktease, le epic M. Night Shamalamadingdong TWEEST, garbage romance plot with Barry and Patti, and fuck, I'm probably not even remembering some of the stupid shit that happened. I remember Sup Forums being mad at Barry for killing a lot of the baddie of the week for like 3 weeks in a row, Killer Frost was a fucking waste

They mentioned her mother didn't have a good relationship with her in s2, so it was obvious setup.

Caitlin is nowhere close to Felicity tier

I expect Tom Felton's character to have a split personality and be Dr. Alchemy and it'll so obvious you'll wonder why they bothered to keep his identity a secret.

I don't want it to be predictable but as crazy as the show can be sometimes it falls for some of the same lazy tropes too often, especially season 2. Maybe 3 will be an improvement, who knows yet.

>it falls for some of the same lazy tropes too often
It comes down to the fact that CW either can't or won't hire good writers.

I feel like that's too easy a twist. They're not going to do something everyone expects. Remember when we all thought Zoom was E2 Henry Allen?

Let it go, Tom.

Zoom was Hunter Zolomon. It is the obvious direction, Sup Forums just assumed it'd be more elaborate than it was and got angry when it was what it was.

It'll be Felton for sure.

Check Arrow and Gotham out again.
Her acting is horrible man. Like damn.

>>Caitlin is nowhere close to Felicity tier
Neither was felicity. She was cool in Season 2.

>The Bonnie to Sam Scudder's Clyde
And I am outta here.

technically none, still expect them to ruin it.

Draco Malfoy, that bastard

Tears. Flashpoint has to end and Barry has to say goodbye to his parents for good.

we Arrow now

dropped for good

This desu.

So we all know he's going to be the villain right?

Whatever, at least Caitlin will have a bullshit family subplot instead of a bullshit romance subplot.

qt

Season 2 is much messier than season 1 and the last few episodes are really underwhelming but it's still worth watching imo.

you mean, until the next season finale

>Whatever, at least Caitlin will have a bullshit family subplot instead of a bullshit romance subplot.
Don't kid yourself, there will be both.

>>So we all know he's going to be the villain right?
he's dr. chemistry, but be prepared for them to "hide" it until the mid-season finale.

They're probably going to use Flashpoint as a chance to reorganize their universe. I wonder if they'll keep the pre-Crisis style Earth-Two or fold the JSA characters into Earth-One's WWII.

>as a chance to reorganize their universe.
If they handle it the same way as Legends, they're gonna fuck it up even further.

I don't think they're planning it as a twist to the audience.

Fuck you, Patti was adorable

I mean Dr. Alchemy, obviously.

Yeah, no. He's an antagonist to the flash that's not gonna end up a supervillain? I seriously doubt that. Especially after hinting at him a year ago in an interview and introducing such a high profile actor.

I actually didn't watch Legends past the pilot, what did they do?

Think of all the timetravel tropes, including all the ones that contradict each other and slap 2 or 3 per episode, without ever constructing a cohesive story or ruleset.

I mean him being Doctor Alchemy won't be kept a secret from the public for long

Just like Harrison Wells in S1 and Hunter Zolomon in S2? Doubt it.

Zolomon was a drawn-out mystery to the audience. They only revealed him on episode 15.

readcomiconline.to just added some Human Target comics(prob because of Arrow), are they worth reading?

Yeah, and I'm saying they are gonna do it in some capacity again.

I'm very desilusioned with the Flash. I liked it a lot so I decided to watch it all once again. Without the Sup Forums hype threads, it's pure trash. It's all reveals and twists that hold so little juice. They thrive on throwing the same references to the same objective that gets revealed in an anti-climactic manner later on.

And any part of the episode that's not the first or last 5 minutes is just relationship drama and talking really softly.

It's really not that great a show, outside a couple episodes.

He's going to be Dr. Alchemy. The twist will be that instead of him manipulating Barry intentionally, it will be his split personality. Dr. Alchemy has split personality in the comics.

Then stop watching, man.

Well, I only rewatched the first season after the second one.

And I'm gonna give it another chance (unlike LoT which I've dropped), but as soon as it bores me I won't continue.

I really want to like it, because I love the atmosphere of the show, but I can only roll my eyes so much at this point.

The cheese and drama is part of the charm, IMO.

It reminds me of reading Silver Age comics. There's a lot of weirdness and silliness, but at its core is a very earnest, unashamed love of what it is. You can tell the writers and actors are having a blast, and I find it hard not to feel like I'm part of the fun, too.

I won't be watching it.

The season 2 finale was a perfect end to the series and as far as I'm concerned the CW Flash timeline has collapsed.

Maybe if it wasn't the same thing over and over.

Some actors aren't that good either, and the difference between them and the ones that are is glaringly obvious.

I won't see a perfect end for the series until the Rogues ACTUALLY form.

it was more like "Zoom was Jay Garrick who was Hunter Zolomon" and the middle part is what pissed people off.

A lot of Silver Age felt very similar with it's silliness.

Turn into Arrow and eventually get cancelled because the Japanese guy will want the movie version to be the only Flash.

This cycle is the curse of all franchises about going fast

I expect it will have a few hype moments. The crossovers are happening, Kid Flash, etc. S3 is going to be crucial to see if the show can evolve quality wise and it has a lot of potential. S2 was shaky with Zoom but they might have learned from it.

>they might have learned from it.
I hope so but it seems unlikely. A lot enjoyed S2 so they probably aren't going to change things up like Arrow/LoT are doing.

>Sad Barry is sad.
>Fastest Man Alive is jobbed.
>Star Labs still has no security.
>A former coffee house barista, non-college grad is still passing herself off as Pulitzer winner Lois Lane AND a capable member of (cough cough) Team Flash.
>Cisco is still building what BECAUSE PLOT gizmo's are needed by villains and "Team Flash" alike because Star Lab clearly has a billion dollar trust fund and access to raw materials.
>Caitlin is still running a top flight, fully supplied medical labs due to the same gazillion dollars, which also is paying the rent and other bills for them all since the only ones that have real jobs that they are qualified/trained for are detective Joe and CSI Barry
>Big Belly Burgers for the villains in the illegal prison, and the magic super scooper bathroom thingmagig

Patti was actually good and should have been kept till the end of the season and maybe Barry wouldn't have been such a foolish tool.

The multiverse has much potential, just not with Zoom - they should have gone for Crime Syndicate, with a speedster, evil Vibe or whatever evil Cisco was called as the main man since they couldn't use Ultraman or Owlman and he can open dimensional portals, the female Atom from Forever Evil, Linda Park as evil Dr. Light and Killer Frost.

A group would have been better than another speedster main villain but really they should get over themselves with their "Well Josh Whedon always said use a season long Big Bad and look at how successful and loved he is."

Only plebs enjoyed S2. It was fine until about after Flash sent RF back to the future, then the Zoom episodes dragged to a flop of season finale. They did Flashpoint because they knew S2 was shit at the end. Arrow/Lot don't factor in because they have different writers. Even bringing up Arrow/Lot when discussing Flash is a sign you're an idiot.

>Even bringing up Arrow/Lot when discussing Flash is a sign you're an idiot
No need to be hostile you douche. I was just saying how the Arrow/LoT realize there mistakes and are trying to fix them

What proof do you have that Arrow is changing anything?