Couldn't they at least have given her red hair?

>frumpy looking clothes
>braided hair
>purple streaks

How is this MJ?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/4ymois/god_who_cares_if_mj_is_mixraced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

at least she isn't white and we can all agree that is the most important thing

She's whitish

desu i don't even care about mixed race or black or white or whatever anymore, i guess they won

I never thought it was all that important so why even bother making a character black or sth in the first place

but right now, pretty much everyone has a multicultural/multiracial background it would be pretty hard to find someone who doesn't unless you screen for it extra

since I want to enjoy my entertainment i pretty much stop caring what race they make characters into unless it's a big part of their story, like the new f4 movie that was just ridiculous

It's the breakfast club/hermione at yule ball thing, she's frumpy all movie and at homecoming she's gonna be gorgeous

You people are the worst. She literally isn't. It was "news" reported by someone known for bullshitting. It's been confirmed she's not Mary Jane you fucking autists.

Maybe the red hair will make an appearance later in the movie, in the high school dance, giving her a cliched entrance where everyone gawks at her and Peter says "wow" under his breath,

She comes over then takes his hand, queue the line about how Pete hit the jackpot.

Frankly I never figured MJ for a natural redhead anyway.

did anybody else hate kirsten dunst as mary jane? I mean she got some basic looks down but she portrayed the role horribly (probably was also written horribly) but there is just something.. I don't know something about her so I never really liked her even in her better movies

I always felt the same way about jennifer lawrence even before I caught wind what kind of shitty person she is

Cast Terry Crews as Jonah
Cast Forrest Whittaker as Dr. Conners
Cast Tyler Perry as Shocker
Cast Dave fucking Chappelle as Cletus Kassidy

Cast shit that makes sense regardless of race. But dont raceswap just for the sake of it, like this entire casting has been

Where was she confirmed as MJ?

Did Disney like officially confirm that she is in fact Mary Jane?

HER PUSSY HAIR IS RED.

They are gonna go full 90's and pull a She's All That.

She'll be frumpy the whole movie until the big reveal, when she decides to clean herself up for the homecoming dance and magically becomes a babe.

Which just doesn't happen. People are either always ugly or always attractive.

Nope. They haven't said shit. Elmayimbe posted some bullshit about reading a recent script and Zendaya being MJ. But refuses to give any more details.

She's literally stoned off her ass like 90% of the time she's on set, probably also banging the shit out of James Franco.

>How is this MJ?
It still hasn't been officially released that it is. Has Umberto Gonzales been accurate in everything he's leaked before?

>Has Umberto Gonzales been accurate in everything he's leaked before?

Maybe 5% of the stuff he's said is true. Even that might be giving him too much credit, though. He regularly just spouts bullshit and writes clickbait 'articles'.

yeah, like consistently

He isn't accurate at all. He's a known liar. He just posts whatever will get him easy hits. There is a reason he's bragging on Twitter right now about this "scoop" becoming super popular.

Dude. It's an alternate reality. Who cares if MJ is black in the MCU? No one bitched when it was revealed Heather Hudson was black in Exiles, because ALTERNATE REALITIES.

I personally don't care; if she's a good actress then that should be all that matters. Skin color shouldn't even be an issueeven though it still is for some insane reason... maybe humanity is born insane after all.

So Sup Forums is just choosing to believe something they don't like is true just to bitch?

The whole internet is choosing to believe it. Because fuck actually needing evidence or support. Some random schmo said something, it must be true, right?

does it matter? this movie will make an ass load of money any fucking way, regardless of how good or bad it is.

You can make aunt may a 80 year old samoan and still break a billion

off the top of my head he called planet hulk years ago and thanos at the end of avengers. Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon. Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther back in 2013.

>maybe humanity is born insane after all.

This guy gets it.

>he called planet hulk
Well he was wrong then and he's wrong now.

No one is making a Planet Hulk movie.

But MJ is supposed to be Always hot, its one of the reasons Peter kept losing his spaggeti around her.

dont care, shes qt tbqh. my only requirements of mj is that shes the cute girl next door.
i also dont conflate the comics with the movies. theyre separate.

i mean if we're gonna get pedantic sure but fuck that.

peter didn't want to meet her and avoided her for 2 years!!

Pssst... Hulk is going to Asgard to help fight Surtur. He's gonna be in Thor Ragnorak. There is no Planet Hulk movie.

>shes qt
she cant even iron her shirts

Mary Jane Watson is a white woman.

She looks cute as fuck without makeup

Nigra here,

IMO, BLACKED-ing characters is retarded and does not appeal to me, it just pisses me off.

Not in the cinematic universe

Sure it will, user, sure it will.

Total dude face in that angle

>my only requirements of mj is that shes the cute girl next door

>implying being white isnt part of her character

Not even close to the same thing. If it was, this would have been an ultimate spider man movie and miles morales would be a mtf that calls xerself miley

I can't wait for donald trump to lose so Sup Forumstards can go kill themselves

>>implying being white isnt part of her character
It isnt.

White people am I right?

reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/4ymois/god_who_cares_if_mj_is_mixraced/

>That thread a few months back that said the trailer for this was the Anti-Life Equation

Good times.

Sorry, but you don't speak for the entire black populace any more than your average white Tumblr landwhale does.

Taylor Lautner face maybe, who has a girl face.

The only times being white is part of someones character in comics and film is when they're neo-naizes, klansmen or racists who need to learn the errors of their ways.

The only exeptions is when they can express thier nationality as Irish or Italien etc.

Blacks, browns and yellows on the other hand are being encouraged to take pride in their race. It's a double standard, there's a lot of those out there.

I know, i was just saying.

I'm black and I could care less. If isn't meant to appeal to me. It's meant to appeal to white women and the media.

White people can express their nationalities as Germans, Russians, English, Scottish, Polish, what ever, what the fuck are you talking about?

Where does it say that being black is part of this new MJ's character?

>Mary-Jane is a quirky, deadpan, frumpy nerdy black girl from Peter's high school who dyes her hair red and gets the She's All That makeover in the end

I look forward to the rage.

nowhere. The very fact that a mullato plays mary jane means it's gonna be a hip-hop dance movie and police discrimination now

Isn't that what i've said? Their national background is not looked down upon, but racial pride very much is, to a much greater extent than it is for everybody else.

Sometimes it's even encouraged to shout black/other and proud, but the same can't be said for white. Claiming pride in nationality gives a alternative outlet which isn't seen as racist, at least not yet.

In other words you can say that you're proud to be of German parents, but not white.

This Spider-man movie has ghostbusters trainwreck all over it you change so many things about the source material until its basically on spider-man in name only.

What are white people anyway, they're like blank slates.

>Cast Dave fucking Chappelle as Cletus Kassidy
Okay I would actually be down for that

What are black people anyway, they're like chalk boards.

people keep trying to make them white?

Yeah, its called whitewashing

>not Wayne Brady as Carnage

>"Is Cletus Kasady gonna have to choke a bitch?"

Peter didn't know what she looked like for those 2 years

nah you cant compare the two holland is actually a good spiderman while everybody in ghost busters is awful

even if Zendaya does play mj she wont do horrible because she is a decent actor

Marvel is borderline pushing their luck with this cast

Think about all the crying about DC - A majority of their film characters have history that even normies know about.

Marvel started with blank slates for the most part. Iron Who says the normie before RDJ bursts on the scene.

Think of this way - Would Fox do this with X-Men? Make Jean Grey a black girl, don't like it? UR RACIST

No, the normie audience knows who the X-Men are from other mainstream sources and guess what other franchise normies know about? Yeah, Spiderman and for the most part, it's central cast.

It'll take a hit but I don't see it flopping cause McMarvel can make turds shine, just look at AoU.

MCU had a formular that worked pretty well until now
they never tried to push an agenda with their movies, now this Spiderman movie looks like a try hard agenda pushing Sony production and we all know how much money those make

Yeah, i really think Sony, Fox and DC will be responsible for the superhero bubble to burst.
Normies won't understand the difference.

and what's it called for black people?

shitting the bed.

Maybe she becomes MJ.

Like what if we all think this is a Spider-Man movie but it's actually MJ's origin story.

>Peter and Flash compete over Liz the whole movie
>Zendaya is just some friend who's mostly overlooked
>Eventually it's Flash who takes Liz to the homecoming dance
>Zendaya suddenly turns up in a stunning dress with her hair dyed red at the homecoming dance
>"face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot"
>Peter and MJ dance

>Cast Terry Crews as Jonah
my dick would be diamonds

Yeah, does no one noticed how Ned Leed's is literally Ganke? Not even the same character

>Terry Crews as JJJ
This is one thing that I really hope that happens

Would be fine with it, partly because he can do loud-intimidating-funny well and partly because any white guy would get compared to JK Simmons harder, so best throw a curve ball.

No, she's not.

Fucking please, no you wouldn't. You'd be doing exactly what you are now.

She could be Glory or Sajani. I don't care, anyway, I gave up of Marvel movies after Cap's Civil War.

All the more reason if this flubs then Marvel takes everything back and Sony is left with nothing.

They've actually got a director that is on point and knows what they are doing along with a crew above him to make sure it goes well.

Nothing with Marvel could ever be as bad as Ghostbusters.

Yeah, only people who vote for Trump have a problem with casting a black girl for no reason at all as Literally THE Redhead. That's a pretty busted form of logical fallacy there.

no because the problem with the casting choices they made so far is that no one really fits their character, no one wants to see Peter get bullied by someone smaller than him

>no one wants to see Peter get bullied by someone smaller than him
This is one of the biggest gripes for me. Not that he's Indian. IIRC in a lot of Spider-Man shows and comics one of the things that kept him from going to town on Flash was that no one would believe that Puny Parker beat the shit out of football star Flash Thompson.

Cast Terry Crews as Jonah

All right, now I'm aroused.

This post is incredibly problematic.

I don't care if she's black or white or whatever race she is. I care if she can act or not.

I can't speak on her acting, since I haven't seen the Sam Raimi movies since I was, like, 14, but I can at least attest to the character itself being awful, since her whole purpose in the entire series is to get kidnapped at least twice per movie.

>a 30 year old franchise reboot is the same as a character who has had 5 $750 million+ movie in the past 15 years
Kill yourself

>Cast Terry Crews as Jonah

JK Simmons was perfect as JJ but I think Terry Crews would be a different kind of also perfect. Imagining JJ lines yelled in Crews' voice is very easy to do.
>"PARKER! YOU'RE FIRED!"
>"Parker has pictures of Spider-Man?"
>"PARKER! GET YOUR BONEY ASS IN HERE BEFORE I BREAK IT OVER MY KNEE! YOU'RE RE-HIRED! AT REDUCED PAY!"

Yeah. She was genuinely horrible in the role.

Also JJ is allowed to be completely jacked now, so that's fine.

Mary Jane's other purpose in the Spider-Man franchise is to inform the fetish for redheads that haunts me to this day.

I can't wait until the election is over in general so we can stop getting people like you using it to stir up shit in an unrelated thread.

Sadly I think Spidey will be immune to whatever shit they try with it. I won't be paying money to see this dumpster fire but I'm sure there will be a billion dollars worth of people ready to do the opposite.

She's wearing makeup in that picture.

Good. Make your money sista.

Wasn't it announced ages ago that she was playing Michelle JalapeƱo?

Face it tiger, you just hit the blackpot

All I can see is him flexing his chest

I'll iron her shorts if you know what I mean