/who/ - Doctor Who General

Original Face of the War Doctor Edition
Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwho.org.nz/archive/campaign/
youtube.com/watch?v=6yak3ujqxDw
birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/03/04/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-the-genius-of-mulholland-drive
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/tpg/ takeover move over poos

It's more a Twelve story. To be fair, it's well-written.

Write it, user. I'd be happy to have it.

There's no real word limit. Knock yourself out.

It is a little funny.

I'm one of those freaks. They exist.

Reminder that RTD is a fucking hack and Journey's End is worse than Hell Bent

seconded
t. Moffag

>reminder that an user in the last thread thinks Nightmare in Silver is the best Cybermen episode, the best Matt Smith performance, and the best Moffat-era episode

Here's a list of Doctors that still need stories. (You can still write stories with other Doctors who already have entries. In fact, I'd be glad to have them. The 12th Doctor only has three stories! And Bill doesn't haveany sstories. Not even Bill/ Heather smut!):

>Fourth Doctor

>War Doctor

>Tenth Doctor

Kris Marshall Doctor with Japanese companion

Morbius Doctor
Foreman "Jack Miles" Doctor
Auton Stratagem Doctor

More Thirteenth Doctor stories would be nice as well.

I'll also accept stories with just the companions.

Perhaps a story where Bill and Heather battle an army of Raston Robots?

Or that story that Moffat was originally gonna make for the 50th when it looked like Matt Smith's contract would run out, with just Clara Oswald in the 50th celebration?

Or a story where Gwen Cooper ends up meeting that maid from Unquiet Dead?

Or a story where the Brigadier and the Eleventh Doctor battle the Foamasi?

Or a story with the psychic from Hide, and the Third Doctor, battle an influx of Daemons?

Or a story with the Class cast, by someone who has seen the show?

>No Ten story

EdgexTen nsfw when?

In all seriousness, how many entries do you have so far?

Reminder that Dr who went to shit after Tennant and Davies left

Lol dead show - Moffat wanted to make the show compete with le big boy murican dramas

>This is our showrunner.

reminder there's literally nothing wrong with hell bent you just got too hyped because of heaven sent

its objectively good kino

i mean i can see how with all the shitty cybermen episodes we had in nuwho he'd think that it's the best episode, and matt smith was indeed truly amazing in it, but the best episode since season 5? how deluded do you have to be

Chrysta > Jodie

/comfy/

What do we have so far?
I don't want to tread on any ideas already submitted.

>To be fair, it's well-written.

literally who

Is this the literal most pure definition of a boardie opinion? One posted solely because another general summoned it?
Fuck off

Amy should have been 13th
she is irish and stuff

Did someone say /Dick/

Like 15, maybe?

I WANT MORRREEE!

What are your ideas? Don't worry; 2 people with the same ideas will create different stories.

Right--it was you who wrote that.

I mean it is right so....

Do kids in the playground play Dr Who anymore

That is the literal definition of whether the show is good or not anymore

can I join /who/ they dont love me anymore
because I am old and bald
and my mole is gross now

David Lynch is a pedo rapist and a murderer

HEY WHADDA BOUT ME

Here's the post in /tpg/ trying to incite its users to raid /who/. I wonder if the staff might like to know about it

Make a Tenth Doctor story.

Something with the Drashigs: New Doctors, Classic Monsters

Anyone got some more Piss Heather stories?

Okay I'm relatively new to explanded universe and it's the weirdest shit I've ever listened to in my life. Like, what the fuck, man. What the fuck.

That's the wonderful imagination of Robert Shearman, often revered as the greatest audio Who writer despite having only done a select few stories.

I love blue Daleks.

>Like, what the fuck, man. What the fuck.
the time that BF was allowed to do anything and BBC did not reject scripts

Do you actually have a source on this notion that the BBC started rejecting scripts at some point?

>relatively new to explanded universe and it's the weirdest shit I've ever listened to in my life

You can't even talk about weird until you've read Campaign : doctorwho.org.nz/archive/campaign/

JUMP MAN JUMP MAN

Ayy, 15 is pretty good so far though!

I will honestly sit down and do a full colour serious picture for anybody who writes that nsfw for me

have to check on GB, be right back

explain twin peaks to me

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper gets his mind back. (Pic is normal Cooper)
Listen [YouTube] Eddie Vedder Out of Sand Twin Peaks 2017 (embed)

girl dies in perfect city, unreveals that all city is rotten and there are spirits/aliens of pure evil and duplicates people

Basically, JUMPMAN JUMPMAN THAT BOY'S UNDER SOMETHING. Also GOING TO MISSOULA!!!!

Oh please. How many of you /tpg/ers have seen Mulholland Drive? I have.

I couldn’t watch TP when it originally aired because it was so BORING. Every time I tuned in, it was people talking in a room. That’s it. And if I stayed long enough to hear what they were saying, they would be talking about NOTHING. I figured out that I couldn’t follow the plot, (or had to make one up) because there WAS NO PLOT. A man went to a town to investigate a murder. That’s it. Nothing else ever happens. Just people talking in rooms. And all this taking NEVER advanced the murder investigation ONE BIT. I liked the part that I was in, (because I was in it), but it still didn’t make a hoot of sense. Hard to watch.

shut up red dwarf

Sounds like Life is Strange or Riverdale.

nani the fuck

you kinda know stuff
but you forget
JUDY

>Life is Strange or Riverdale.
came after, duh

I couldn’t watch Doctor Who when it originally aired because it was so BORING. Every time I tuned in, it was people talking in a room. That’s it. And if I stayed long enough to hear what they were saying, they would be talking about NOTHING. I figured out that I couldn’t follow the plot, (or had to make one up) because there WAS NO PLOT. A man and a girl went to a town to investigate a UFO. That’s it. Nothing else ever happens. Just people talking in rooms. And all this taking NEVER advanced the UFO investigation ONE BIT. I liked the part that I was in, (because I was in it), but it still didn’t make a hoot of sense. Hard to watch.

Well thank you for providing inspiration for objectively better stories.

>Source? We weren't promised shit. The only reason I can think for you even thinking that is you spend way too much time on /who/
youtube.com/watch?v=6yak3ujqxDw is this not a promise for a confrontation between Rasillon and Doctor Who?

>But it's not.
>Never cruel nor cowardly
I find it fascinating how moffags can swear by some bullshit so easily and disregard the rest

>Yes it did if you actually paid attention.
>
>I'm not gonna read the rest of retarded bullshit. You're mad because the epiosde didn't fit what you wanted it to be just say that instead of wasting our fucking time. Take your 2 (You)'s and fuck off m8.
>Hurr durr the secret is there is no secret, 3deep5you
Blow me

TP is not about plot

also, Sherilyn is for huggs, not fuggs. Seriously, you should watch it. Agent Dale Cooper is like a good version of an American Doctor, if Doctor Who became a mystery show.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Riverdale is good, tho. Has great waifus.

Given how Robert Shearman always shows up at Big Finish conventions, they'd probably happily accept anything he wrote. The problem is, he hasn't written any recent Doctor Who.

I saw half of Mulholland Drive but I was really tired and fell asleep. I keep meaning to watch the rest. Honestly you can really tell it was originally going to be a full TV show because it feels like a bunch of random as fuck subplots.

That was a BBC Books novel though. It had nothing to do with Big Finish.

Heaven Sent wasn't even that good
the time loop thing has been played to death

wait for more

are all the bells ringing
the whole cloister

Even if this had anything to do with Big Finish, it wouldn't substantiate the claim that the BBC have oppressed them into not publishing stories like Jubilee any more. The post literally just describes being told not to recreate a real life assassination.

I'm a big Moffat basher but I think that Heaven Sent is actually a story where EVERYTHING clicked on every level

Good thing it's a full episode with lots of other components then.

But the New Series Adventures are aimed at a younger audience than the audios.

It feels random in part because the second half is extremely important. In fact, you don't get the whole picture till the last third...which you still have to decipher.

This essay explains a possible intepretation. Read after seeing the movie: birthmoviesdeath.com/2012/03/04/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs-the-genius-of-mulholland-drive

I actually remember reading something about it on GB too, someone mentioned that the writers of Project Twilight/Project Lazarus said the BBC wouldn't allow them to do stories with that much violence today.

>Reminder that women and young people loved series 9 (incl Hell Bent), but men and old people didn't.

Did people seriously defend Hell Bent last thread?
Sure, you can explain away why the Time Lords kept Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels in their dungeons, but it doesn't take away that they were stupid cameo appearances simply added to the plot for shock value in the name of having an episode with no real villains in it.

Fuck, I wish Tom Baker agreed to do audios back when Gary Russell was in charge. Not just to see what Russell would have done, but to get some 4/Sarah audios.
>that interview where Tom says that Lis was the one who convinced him to finally work on Big Finish, and he was hoping to do some audios with her ;_;

Proving that women are just overgrown children again.

Reminder that Journey's End is retarded but it's dumb fun and it accomplishes what it does.
Reminder that Hell Bent is a fucking mess of a script that rushes through 3 different bad ideas and barely accomplishes any of them them. All the while it introduces some of the most "oh god why?" moments in DW, and they can't even operate under the guise of dumb fun.

Hell Bent did have better acting and directing though, no discussion. Garibaldi and Pancakes give the performance of their lives in this.

Dear Sup Forums friends,
what episodes do you recommend for the show Dr. Who? I've been hearing my kids talking about it, so I wanna know more about Dr. Who.
Thank you, that is all.

D. Lynch

Heaven Sent

Reminder that Peter Davison is best Doctor

Knowing you, The Mind Robber.

>for shock value
You mean "to excite kids because this is a show for children".
>in the name of having an episode with no real villains in it.
Oh no, whatever will we do.

Fuck that alleyway scene so hard.

Love and Monsters

/Who/ & /tpg/ best crossover ever

Doctor Cute

Reminder that you just overhyped Hell Bent and it was actually pretty good.

There's no point in getting me horny, user.
Either state your opinion or fuck off. Or post more stuff like that, I guess.

Seconded.

Also seconded.

Reminder that Moffat works much better when dealing with restrained episodes and imposing creative limitations on himself. Heaven Sent stuck to a single controlling idea, set itself a relatively limited target and reached it brilliantly. Hell Bent tried to do a lot of different things and failed horribly at most if not all of them.

Ambassador of Death, Inferno, Mind of Evil, Resurrection of the Daleks, Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Curse of Fenric and Ghostlight.

ayy

>it introduces some of the most "oh god why?" moments in DW, and they can't even operate under the guise of dumb fun.
As opposed to everything with Handy 10.
>his existence in the first place
>the Doctor bitching him out for KILLING DALEKS
>his getting paired off with Rose
And not forgetting the asspulled fate of Donna which might be the most cynical thing in all of NuWho.

>this meme again
I was not especially hyped for Hell Bent, and it was still shit.

T H I S
H
I
S

Ghostlight

>tfw donna was my favorite companion
>tfw she has the worst ending ever

REEEEEEE.

if you don't like hell bent you hate doctor who

Well obviously it was to make kids go "ooooh Daleks/Angels", because the rest of the episode was boring for children and adults alike.
I'm just saying, construct a good story, don't just throw some elements of a story in a cauldron, add some recognizable villains and hope for the best.

got banned, this site is pure sissies, lol

12 was the villain