Was this kino or oscarbait?

Was this kino or oscarbait?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtI5Ni32rRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neither? Hardly oscarbait.
Just a influential, highly memorable film. Very meta, unrestricted Nolan. Felt very pure coming out in the middle of tdk trilogy.

>Oscarbait
You guys don't know the meanings of the words you love to use

Actionkino

fell asleep. did nothing for me.

You had the opurtunity to start princess posting and you didnt take it.

It's just a decent movie.

>Just a influential, highly memorable film. Very meta, unrestricted Nolan. Felt very pure

incredible argument, really made me think

yeah, think of the upvotes he missed out on

Good 8/10. Nolan's fourth best after Memento, The Prestige, and Interstellar

go back

>Very meta, unrestricted Nolan.

Its not oscarbait, in fact, as a science fiction action style film, it is most likely the LEAST oscarbait film you can make.

However, that doesn't mean it wasn't a very good film that is notworthy just on the basis is that it the only original IP that people loved to watch.

It is also why I think Dunkirk will win best picture. They reward long runs of good movies, and Nolan keeps making good movies that make money, and while most are Cape or science fiction (thus really not Oscar material), Dunkirk is a war movie which can be a oscar winner.

you have to be 18 to post here

really activated my almonds, nice job

Unrestricted in the sense it was unabashedly about the style, the feel. The story and plot are mere vehicles for an artistic vision. Meta in the sense that it's a movie about filmmaking. Go fuck yourself

Afaik inception was far more elaborated and intriguing than "the dark knight"

I think TDK surpised folks that it was a comic book movie that was a genuinely good movie.

Inception is one of the great movies, and before someone screams I am being absurd, it 7 years old and people still talk about it, and it one of the few if movies which is not adapted from something that has both critical and financial success.

>Dunkirk is a war movie which can be a oscar winner.

No? War films win almost always only in the technical categories, the Academy isn't very fond of them.

This. Completely original idea, and now anything *remotely* "mind-bending" I'd affixed with the suffix -ception. HUGE cultural influencer.

>falling asleep during a film

pathetic plebeians need to be gassed off of this board.

Science fiction and fantasy since 1980 - 1 win (Return of the King)
Comic book movies - 0
War films - 2 or 3 (Platoon, The Hurt Locker), and Braveheart which has been classified as both a war film and as a historical epic (which is what I classify it)
That more then Musicals (1 - Chicago) Which is a traditional oscarbait category.

retard

top kino

given on how many capeshit we have nowadays in 20 years time it will be seen as an all time classic

That backfired on ya

>oscarbait
>sci-fi

That isn't an oscarbait subject at all. Christ can you imagine a world where sci-fi was oscarbait? Fug.

>sci-fi
>oscarbait

Me too. Fell asleep in the theatre

I still don't understand why Fischer went to Cobb's limbo when he died and Saito went to his own version.

Mal took fischer.

Saito died (in limbo time) well after Mal and Fischer

Why did Cobb make the totem spin in Mal's safe

His purpose was to make her believe that Limbo wasn't real so that they could return back to reality, but somehow she thought the opposite?

so how did Cobb end up in Saito's limbo then? Did he kill himself while in his own limbo?

he did that to inception the idea that reality wasn't real (they where in limbo)

Issue is that it keeps spinning, thus she thought reality wasn't real...

It was stated that Limbo is shared by all those who are connected in reality. Just that Saito wondered off and lived a life in limbo while Cobb and co hunted down Ficher

He thought she was happier in their shared dream, and made it so that she believed that was reality. It was like the old African guy said earlier in the movie, some people choose to make their continued dreams their real world since one no longer feels "more real" than the other

so he placed the spinning top inside the safe to make her believe she's in a dream to make her kill herself but that idea ended up being rooted in reality so even when she woke up she still believed she was inside a dream?

>Mal and Cobb are in Limbo
>Mal is happy, Cobb isn't as he knows it not reality
>He puts the spinner in her safe so that it implants the idea that its not real
>Mal and Cobb kill themselves to wake up
>Mal still thinks it not reality since the idea is still in her head
>Jumps off building to "wake up"
>Cobb stars seeing Mal as a symbol of his guilt
>He gains catharsis at the end since he did spend a lifetime with Mal in Limbo

Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=PtI5Ni32rRk

Films like this never get an oscar you dummy, it's always something sentimental and realistic

EL KINO JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA