youtube.com/watch?v=I6MN0QfQx7I
youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4
youtube.com/watch?v=IfvzEXhhWNk
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu41hu1a_8c
youtube.com/watch?v=ngiK1gQKgK8
youtube.com/watch?v=isnICELMRns
youtube.com/watch?v=AXCTMGYUg9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't most movies that people eye up for Oscars come out in the few months beforehand?

A lot of them have already played at festivals.

Gary oldman wins best actor. That I can say for sure

>inb4 he named the jew so he won't win

Dunkirk for sound.

You know Daniel Day Lewis has a film coming out, right? And it's his final film.

Zootopia, best animated feature.

Roger Deakins for cinematography almost certain.

Jordan Peele for best director.

Too obvious oscarbait

isn't telluride the one when the heavyweights starts playing?

Will Poulter aka "crazy eyebrow guy" getting a nomination with Kathryn Bigelow's Detroit

I can see that for sure, Blade Runner looks amazing just from the trailers

But probably

Best original screenplay:
Baby Driver
Get Out
The Big Sick (maybe)

Effects:
Wonder Woman probably

I honestly have trouble remembering what comes out throughout the year and I think most "Oscar" movies come out later on

Detroit wins Best Picture

WFTPOTA for best visual effects

who /ArmandoIannucciforBestAdaptedScreenplayforTheDeathOfStalin/ here?

Detroit will sweep because muh niggers

Andy serkis gets one for playing Caesar
Emoji movie wins best animated film

>Effects: Wonder Woman
What

Dunkirk
nominations:
Best movie
Best director
Best cinematography
Best editing
Best sound editing
Best sound mixing
maybe
Best production design
Best music

most probably only gonna win sound categories.

Get Out for best picture.

He probably doesn't know what you're talking about, but too his credit there's already been Sundance, Cannes, LA Film Festival, SXSW, and the lineups at least for Venice and TIFF came out recently. You can kind of predict what might be something nominated even if the actual quality of the movie is unknown.

The winners are all Black.

whichever one is diverse

Logan can get some nominations

Detroit sweeps any sort of applicable category save for maybe one or two technical ones, no doubt. Any other answer is deluded.

Nolan could win Best Director. Weak race so far.

Make-Up, Production Design, Visual Effects for sure.

>Best Picture: Ghost In The Shell
>Best Cinematography: Ghost in the Shell
>Best Effects:Ghost in the Shell

well yeah, reviews coming from telluride, venice and tiff, give a pretty good sight, but it's still an entire month left before the race starts, predicting now it's just fun

Eh I can see make up, Patrick Stewart and Dafne Keen getting supporting nominations, but nothing else.

Gary Oldman getting a nomination for sure.

Black people will bitch about diversity again
/poltv/ will lose their minds as acceptance speeches shit on Trump
None of it will matter because awards are bullshit
Especially the oscars, which are basically bought in order to drive up ticket sales

For the Churchill thing?

Baywatch all categories

Actually, probably Blade Runner

Or maybe Planet of the Apes

I don't know, I can't think of anything else

Exactly, it's just fun with the knowledge that there's almost nothing to go on.

With that said, early Best Picture predictions would be:
>Dunkirk
>Detroit
>The Papers
>The Current War
>Downsizing
>Darkest Hour
>The Phantom Thread
>The Battle of the Sexes
>Wonderstruck
>Breathe

And even then I'm only really sure about the first 6 or so.

Likely nominees.

>Kathryn Bigelow's DETROIT
youtube.com/watch?v=s-2_1tUnIWM

>Taylor Sheridan's WIND RIVER
youtube.com/watch?v=zN9PDOoLAfg

>David Gordon Green's STRONGER
youtube.com/watch?v=I6MN0QfQx7I

>Denis Villeneuve's BLADE RUNNER 2049
youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4

>Reginald Hudlin's MARSHALL
youtube.com/watch?v=IfvzEXhhWNk

>Hany Abu-Assad's THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US
youtube.com/watch?v=Mu41hu1a_8c

>Stephen Chbosky's WONDER
youtube.com/watch?v=ngiK1gQKgK8

>Kenneth Branagh's MURDER AT THE ORIENT EXPRESS
youtube.com/watch?v=isnICELMRns

>Michael Gracey's THE GREATEST SHOWMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=AXCTMGYUg9A

Best Picture Winner: Dunkirk
Nominees: Detroit, The Beguiled, The Papers, Mother!, Darkest Hour, Get out, and Logan or WW.

Best Director : Nolan
Also Nominated : Joe Wright , Aronofsky', Bigelow, Speelburg

Best Actor: Gary Oldman
Nominated: John Boyega, Tom Hanks, Bardem, Daniel Day-Lewis and some others

Best supporting actor: John Boyega or the Dunkirk Nominee (Hardy or Mark Rylance)
Also nominated: Who knows

Actress is still a grab bag, but Lawrence and Streep will get noms

Sound will go to Dunkirk

hahaha
no

>The Battle of the Sexes

I doubt it.

This is a contender

>look up Darkest Hour

>TEXT
>OVER
>FACE

Christ, I thought this meme was dead

right now i'd only bet for spielberg The Papers
others but with a lesser confidence would be the annual gay quota Call me by your Name and Detroit for black quota, aside of those three i have faith in my waifu's one Lady Bird

Protip: If a movie has already been released in theaters, it's not winning an Oscar. Your summer blockbusters are not "kino"

Best Production Design, unironically "Mummy"

Yes, movie is bad, screenplay and directing is bad, but scenography, sets, locations are great.

Remember, the following movies ACTUALLY won Best Production Design in past:
>Mad Max Fury Road (2015)
>Alice In Wonderland (2010)
>Avatar (2009)
>Sweeney Todd (2007)
>Pan's Labyrinth (2006)
>Lord of the Ring (2003)
>Sleepy Hollow (1999)
>and so on
So I don't see problem with "Mummy" this time too, specially that they really nailed these. Rest failed but production design is on high level Universal get us used to.

>he thinks this is going to beat Blade Runner

People don't actually think "Wonder Woman" will get a best picture nomination, do they? At best Patty Jenkins gets a nod for Best Director but doesn't actually take it.

They did make Little Miss Sunshine, and the actors are academy favorites, but I know. You're right, it's just still pretty early to tell.

>furiosa
techs for WW m8

No way. Waaaay too edgy for the academy. I'm excited to see it, but it probably won't even be released until next year unless Amazon makes an announcement over the next couple months.

I want to see the one with Diane Kruger beating skinheads

7 Oscars went to movies released in May
1 in fucking January

L I T T Y

Last year about half the oscars went to movies who where released in may or sooner (Inside out, Mad Max, and Ex Machina)

AVENGING SILENCE WILL SWEEP
SCREENCAP THIS

wonder woman for best picture

unless they got rid of the million billion nominations

remember, original "Blade Runner", with it's stunning production design people are talking today, actually lost to this:

The production design on this must have been a logistical nightmare

>Best Screenplay
>Baby Driver

HAHAHAHA.

Yeah, let's award the movie with a plot more senseless and less character driven than the F8 Of The Furious

oh fugg i thought that was Ian from Shameless

I could be way off since most of these don't even have trailers yet but you can just look at the imdb pages for them and know they're going to at least be nominated no matter what

>Best Picture - The Papers
>Best Director - Paul Thomas Anderson, Phantom Thread
>Best Original Screenplay - Molly’s Game (Aaron Sorkin) or Three Bilboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Martin McDonagh)
>Best Adapted Screenplay - The Papers (Liz Hannah and Josh Singer)
>Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis, Phantom Thread
>Best Actress - Jessica Chastain, Molly’s Game
>Best Supporting Actor - dunno
>Best Supporting Actress - dunno
>Best Cinematography - Roger Deakins, Blade Runner 2049 or Hoyte van Hoytma, Dunkirk
>Best Editing - Paul Machliss, Baby Driver
>Best Sound Editing - Baby Driver
>Best Sound Mixing - Baby Driver
>Best Visual Effects - War for the Planet of the Apes

>less character driven

it's literally a movie about a character driving

But in all seriousness Baby Driver will definitely get nominated for editing, sound, and possibly directing. I loved the film but I don't think the screenplay would even be nominated. Not that it's bad, it's just that the movie isn't good because of the script, it's good because of every other aspect.

Daniel Day-Lewis is 100% winning best actor. It's his last movie, the academy will vote for him just for that. It's like how when Return of the King won in every category, it was really the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy people were voting for.

But honestly ever since I read that article (I think it was on indiewire? Or maybe Vulture) about all the times Harvey Weinstein basically bought Oscars over the past decade I've given up on assuming the winner in any category will be the deserving one. I mean, even regardless of his involvement I'm sure studios buy awards. Suicide Squad winning best make-up over Star Trek Beyond made absolutely no sense. I'm not saying this because I didn't like Suicide Squad or I'm a Marvel fanboy (I don't really care for superhero movies no matter what studio makes them) or whatever, but the fucking clips they used to highlight the make-up in each film made it seem totally obvious Star Trek would win. The make-up in Suicide Squad looked fine, but I was genuinely impressed with what they showed for Star Trek.
Same with Interstellar winning best visual effects over fucking Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Like, what? How? It can't be because more voters saw Interstellar, because all you have to do is show them a video (or even a picture) of Caesar and anyone would immediately vote for that.

Shit like Phantom Thread and mother! might get nominated in a few categories (with Best Picture nomination one of the less likely ones), but guys like PTA and Aronofsky are simply too weird for the AMPAS to ever actually win.

If Warner Bros. can't buy it for Dunkirk, look to various nigger and fag movies like Get Out, Detroit, and Wonderstruck.

>PTA
>Too weird for the Academy

what

not him, but look at The Master and Inherent Vice

well The Master was a not-so-subtle takedown of scientology, so it was never going to get proper recognition at awards shows. Inherent Vice was pretty divisive, I was surprised it wasn't nominated but I never expected it to win regardless.