twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>grug see robot
>grug NO like
>grug think robot scary

They're literally a military contractor

I for one welcome our new robot overlords

GREETINGS, CYBORG

oh nice it's got bodyplate already

>omg like they're creating robots for the military oh my god this is so NOT OKAY, this is SO problematic, cis white male patriarchal imperialists need to just DIE already oh my god...

> loud
> needs a giant claw attachment
> 30 minute battery life
> takes 30 seconds to open a door
ooooo so scary

AI is a meme. Neural networks are basically automated guesswork/tuning.

>dehumanization of war isn't a bad thing

>When wars are dehumanized both victory and defeat become miserable, and God no longer lends a helping hand. - Winston Churchill

automated guesswork that never makes the same mistake after learning about it and has virtually infinite time to learn?

>my fleshy imperfect disgusting ephemeral organic existance is more important than the progress of artificial intelligence

>I'm Italian

>I live in a country that exists for the sole purpose of laundering money and evading taxes

> Never makes the same mistake
You're wrong

Had this moment of realisation about how high tech everything is now and that we're on the dawn of the scifi worlds we have always dreamt about.

We may not have been born late enough to explore the universe but we're around at an incredible time to witness mankind taking their steps in the stars.

It works for unstructured data(like images) but you'll have to train it forever to be as good as a well designed algorithm for other tasks.
It's like a brute force solution for things you can't come up with a logic for.

it might make the same mistake a few times until it comes up with a solution that applies nicely to the environment

Good post my fellow organic human friend

Don't you love respiration? I do

clever girl

What is bad about dehumanization of war? Isn't people not dying on war is a good thing?

According to Varg Vikernes, it will all collape very soon though

How will it all collapse when it's in its infancy?

horse has long left the barn on that one champ

It's still humans fighting the battles for the most part. People are upset about drone strikes already. You don't feel that killbots fighting killbots is fucked up and the beginning of the end?

Why should we listen to the opinion of murderous immigrant?

>brittish ""idioms""

Llama has long left the internet cafe

In Peru it's 'Guinea Pig has long left the oven hombre'

>killbots fighting killbots is fucked up
Why?

>that fucking head-arm

Without having to factor in troops as a resource, war will become more common and more extreme.

USA vs RUSSIA
my.mixtape.moe/myvevb.webm

they'll start going for the citizens again like WW2 just now it's nuclear

>like WW2 just now it's nuclear

You're still wrong
Machines aren't learning solutions to problems, they're tempering as many variables possible for a "close enough" solution

Thanks

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND

wonder how they would go against this

Why? If humans would not be able to hurt killbots, they will stop being an important military target
It would make to have much more sense to strike killbot factories instead of cities for example

ew.com/tv/2017/12/29/black-mirror-metalhead-interview/

>If humans would not be able to hurt killbots, they will stop being an important military target
loool

Throw a bucket of salt water on it and it's dead

>We may not have been born late enough to explore the universe but we're around at an incredible time to witness mankind taking their steps in the stars.

DARPA is better, they are making a literal iron-man suit
both are epic high tech research firms tho

ah yes that famous philosopher Dr Vikernes

retarded yuropeon misunderstands the exact purpose of a doorman, which (surprise) has very little to do with holding doors open.

the side of this that's clearly for battery & forced entry is fucking gross too

No. Inhuman politicians already consider missiles more valuable than soldiers so switching soldiers with robots won't change attitude only no people would die.

>You don't feel that killbots fighting killbots is fucked up and the beginning of the end?
Fuckbots are more fucked up.

wrap it in a plastic film/bag and it becomes immune to water

you think too small

>tfw no robo gf to open doors for you

I don't want fuckbot, only wifebot

heh nothin personel citizen

DELETE THIS

>not wanting a cyborg dolphin friend to help call in airstrikes
>no remote controlled shark pal
a metal packmule on land is boring

>Winston Churchill

biggest war criminal of all times

>the superpowers get more powerful
>smaller countries will never be able to defend themself from aggressors again
>warfare in the future will be powerful robots king the few humans who resist
ah yes, surely only a reactionary technophobe would oppose this.

>king
*killing

i can fucking destroy it with a baseball bat

I want to pet them like dogs

Why do people assume that intelligent robots will be evil killing machines? It seems rather discriminatory to just assume that robots won't have any sense of emotions or morality, I'm just saying.

did you know that WWI had men in tanks fighting men on horses

Morality would inhibit their productivity. Killing humanity wouldn't be malice, it would be logic.

Can you prove that morality would inhibit productivity or that killing humanity would be logical?

What would humanity offer once intelligent robots can reproduce and repair themselves?

Robots are so great

When have the smaller countries ever been able to defend themselves?

How is robots killing humans any different to humans killing humans?

The baseline of Sapience, how organic creatures function and live with intelligence, perspectives and viewpoints that could otherwise be impossible from camera eyes simply because they take into account factors that need not apply to robots, and vice versa. Really I think the whole "ROBOTS ARE GONNA KILL US ALL GUIZ" is a bunch of malarkey, I see no reason why coexistence cannot be achievable.

finland
vietnam

immunity to emp
different primary energy source than robots
purpose
bug fixing
programming code for them

or maybe this instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=L0K6Cb1ZoG4

We will NEVER leave Earth. Physics has deemed space travel like that to be impossible.

>robots freeze in the -270C Finnish winter
>robots fall down holes with spikes

>We will NEVER leave Earth

We, as a species, cannot. A handful of people tumbling around in space and stepping foot on a rock do not count as "leaving Earth"

>firebombing Germany is humane
Maybe you should qoute someone else. Also, war is already horrible.

What was possible 200 years ago according to people?
The most ignorant thing to do is to make guesses of what people will be able to do in the long term.

If you're worried it will take your concierge job I've got some news for you user

>built to use proper, european door handles and not turn ameridumb knobs

wait a minute...

I'd imagine doorknobs would be harder to do for a robot, a simple downward movement is trickier than a twist and pull

>immunity to emp
already a thing

t. live next to EMP ramp used for testing/proofing military vehicles

and by leave planet do you mean settle on another exoplanet with cities, towns etc? Because we could do that easily in a few hundred years. Even if we never crack fast interstellar travel we could always use cryostasis and just fire a rocket at an exoplanet and they can colonise it once they wake up.

We can rarely predict what we will do in the future, our assumptions are usually incorrect and problems that we have now will not be problems in the future.

Blade Runner is set in the year 2019 with flying cars, sprawling mega cities dominated by corporations and polluted to hell. But funnily enough they still don't have mobile phones or proper computers, that's because the vision in 1982 of what 2019 was wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=3TYT1QfdfsM
>robot decides to do something dumb or dangerous
>stuck in its logic loop, it doesn't let you turn it off until the task is done
>even a physical kill switch might not work if it decides to go full retard

Are you a robot?

You do realize you live in the country known for trying things that shouldn't work because we want them to, right?

did you have to build a faraday cage around your house?

its not practical for cheap use tho

airforce one has been emp proof for decades now

also pic related is an easy way to emp proof most things

Why is a vacuum tube emp proof?

They run on code and are dumber than an ant until AI is developed.

>Throw a bucket of salt water on it and it's dead
It started as a mule to carry gear for infantry over rough terrain. I imagine they already thought of water getting on it.

>DARPA is better, they are making a literal iron-man suit
>both are epic high tech research firms tho
DARPA is part of the DoD it's not a firm.

You can't have everything. Either resistant to water in all terrains but weaker than animals or stroger than animals in all terrains but weak to water. Nature had billions of years to eradicate mistakes and you think a bunch of humans can outdo nature in 100 years? Bitch please. it would be easier to genetically engineer an animal to do your bidding than to create a robot suited for all situations.

>maller countries will never be able to defend themself from aggressors

implying it was any diffrent today or in history. Weaker nations were always at the whim of stronger or rcher ones.

Can confirm. Worked for a defense contractor and all of our aircraft electronics were EMP proof.

recent technological developments have made the strength difference much bigger.

if the vietnam war or the winter war had occured today, the smaller countries would have gotten steamrolled by the superpowers.

Rain is virtually distilled water. Water only becomes conductive with impurities.

>you were born just in time to witness the AI uprising

>what is acid rain

>Use computers and internet
>Be anti progress

We can't stop it.